[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who are the best necrons and why are they the maynarkhs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 23
File: Maynarkh-overlord.png (516 KB, 500x716) Image search: [Google]
Maynarkh-overlord.png
516 KB, 500x716
who are the best necrons and why are they the maynarkhs
>>
>>45995124
>implying anyone cares about necron subfactions fluff

Necrons were made to be green, black and metallic dark grey
>>
more like gaynarkhs
hur hur hur
>>
File: Necron.jpg (988 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
Necron.jpg
988 KB, 2592x1456
Thokt are number one.
>>
>>45995603
>Not liking the return of the evil, life-destroying necrons
>>
>>45995870
>Giving a shit about a one dementional faction
>>
>>45995603
Speaking as someone who doesn't play Necrons and knows a few vague bits about the specific Dynasty "Fluff": some variety is kinda neat considering almost all "Necron Battles" are just a fuckton of average but very hardy faceless mooks just marching at whatever they're fighting.
>>
File: totalrecallbreasts.jpg (72 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
totalrecallbreasts.jpg
72 KB, 600x340
>>45995790
>>
Bakyr-san
>>
honestly i think the thokt are, blue is cool
>>
>>45995790
>>45998521
This is now the canon explanation for that model.
>>
>>45995841
well the Thokt Necrons are if nothing else the most fortunate, even the warriors came out able to form thoughts
>>
File: AstralKnightsWorldEngine.jpg (354 KB, 1620x620) Image search: [Google]
AstralKnightsWorldEngine.jpg
354 KB, 1620x620
>>
File: 1363209874841.jpg (112 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
1363209874841.jpg
112 KB, 800x680
>>
File: BRKwxWW.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BRKwxWW.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>46001921
The implication is that the Thoky dynasts did not lobotomize their plebs like the rest of the Dynasts of other Dynasties.
>>
>>46004186
>covered cockpit
>no exposed and unshielded pilot

The codes of battle do not support this action.
>>
>>46004261
for all you know it's not even piloted, but an AI driven machine like the wraiths

>>46004214
Elitism is the biggest weakness the necrons have
>>
File: ThoktNecronOverlord02[1].jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ThoktNecronOverlord02[1].jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>>45995124
It's actually Thokt because their color scheme is amazing.
>>
>>46004302
Aren't they almost entirely AI driven with the necron there just to be there?
>>
>>46004261

How much has the Necron fluff changed? It used to be implied that all their vehicles seen so far was just the simple stuff
and that their real war machines are warming up and we'd all be fucked once they started bringing those out of storage.
>>
>>46004766
>How much has the Necron fluff changed? It used to be implied that all their vehicles seen so far was just the simple stuff

Nothing.

Necrons are still uncovering their mightiest weapons with each update. Like the Tessarct Ark for example.
>>
>>46004766
I just hate how Necrons actually pilot their machines now. They're robots, they should be able to have a more total integration with their machinery, like the old destroyers.
>>
>>46007292
>They're robots, they should be able to have a more total integration with their machinery

They don't want that though.
>>
>>46007504
That's silly. The nobles aren't the ones who'd be doing it and their soldiers don't have free will.
>>
>>46007529
The soldiers do retain a spark of free will, and the nobels don't even want to do that to their people anyway.
>>
>>46007529
Actually, the fluff says that warriors won't tolerate any modification to its body that would make it less Necrontyr(ish).

Also the nobility see any deviation from the Necrontyr form as disdainful. They would not have it in their armies.
>>
>>46007561
>Actually, the fluff says that warriors won't tolerate any modification to its body that would make it less Necrontyr(ish).
>Also the nobility see any deviation from the Necrontyr form as disdainful. They would not have it in their armies.
Why is new necron fluff so dumb
>>
>>46007619
>Regal warscythes are masterpieces of workmanship, loving recreations of weapons long-lost to the entropic forces of the universe. Should such a weapon be forsaken upon the field of battle – or worse, stolen – then its owner will often go to great and violent lengths to recover it. Worlds have been laid waste and planetary systems brought under siege in this cause. Some Ordo Xenos Inquisitors point to this behaviour as an element of commonality between Mankind and Necron, for the Imperium’s forces often enter battle in order to recover an important relic. Alas, they misunderstand, as they so often do when it comes to the workings of the Necron mind. A Necron Lord’s warscythe is a tangible connection to the life he once knew; for those who desire to some day return to the flesh, it is a symbol of hope that such can be achieved. It is not a relic whose theft provokes cultural outrage, but a personal possession whose thievery provokes a very personal ire.

>Regardless of the wielder’s rank, a warscythe’s blade and power core always blazes with the heraldic colour of his dynasty. Power signature colours are often shared by different dynasties. This is a throwback to the days before biotransference, and shows the state of alliance between the various dynasties of that time. Inevitably, the War in Heaven and the tumultuous aeons that followed have done much to shatter the alliances of old. The power signatures are now, therefore, more misleading than useful. A phaeron could, of course, order the power signature of his forces changed at any time. However, the present configurations have been established for so long that, for most nobles, the notion of altering them is just as unthinkable as ordering that the dynastic glyphs be defaced. To Necrons, tradition is everything. Indeed, it can be argued that tradition is all that is left to them.

I think it's kinda good. Necrons are not machines. They are actual people trapped inside machine
>>
>>46007619
Why is it dumb?
Necrons still like to consider themselves people and not embedded systems for their appliances.
>>
>>46007738
Didn't the Necrontyr design the Necron bodies? They knew that they would be made into machines.
>>
>>46007780
Machine that were like Necrontyr. Not toasters with wheels so that they can be more efficient at toasting. They became Necrons for the immortality, not for the capability of replacing their legs with hover boards.
>>
>>46007561
>any deviation from the physical form they hated enough to turn their entire race into robutts is disdainful

what
>>
>>46007830
They did not hate their physical form, they just wanted to be immortal.
>>
Necrons have been dead since Ward. Everything since that day has been a bad dream

Seriously the newcrons are one of the many reasons I've stopped giving a damn about 40k now and just focus on 30k
>>
>>45995124
>Best Necrons
Why that would be oldcrons anon. You know, when they were a relatively unknown quantity with obscure motives and goals. It made them feel a little distinct (from the rest of the setting at least) and their inhumanity made them scary and legitimately threatening.

TOMB KINGS IN SPEHSS is stupid. It took every good thing the Necrons had going for them and got rid of it.

Now the only actually threatening faction in the fluff is the tyranids. The fact that the hive fleets are estimated to only be a vanguard force and the hive mind is an unknown makes them interesting, threatening and open to individual speculation, you know, like the Necrons used to be. Unless they've been retconned since I last checked
>>
>>46008245
If only they were as threatening on the tabletop.
>>
>>46008245
I feel like Chaos makes all the other factions pointless. Once the Emperor dies, all humans will be consumed by Daemons and the Galaxy will be plunged into the Warp. Who cares about Tyranids or Necrons anymore at that point?
>>
>>46008123
Same, but wthout the focus on 30K, just dropped it entirely.
>>
>>46008245
>obscure motives and goals.

Except they were never obscure, their motives were spelled out in their codex.

>inhumanity made them scary and legitimately threatening.

The only way they were inhuman was that they were subhuman emotionally. They were not threatening, but boring.
>>
>necron thread
>maybe it will be fun
>old vs new debate starts
Nice whIle it lasted...
>>
>>46008439
Necron threads are worse than primarch threads.
>>
>>46008288
Originally Necrons goals were unstated, but implied to be the eradication of all organic life, which would kill chaos from lack of emotion to feed on.

Tyranids would have the same effect.

By the time either faction got to emps, the other factions would have been so completely dead that there wouldn't be enough power left for the chaos gods to pose a threat to either one, they would starve. It would have been a war of attrition between the Oldcrons and the main force of the tyrands (who now can't recuperate losses for lack of organic material) which was interesting speculation because of my personal theories about the origins of the two factions way back in the day. I speculated that the hive mind was an old one who genetically engineered the tyranids to "wipe the slate clean" on the galaxy after they fucked it up and as a final fuck you to chaos
>>46008282
Stopped playing at the end of 5th ed after picking the game up when it was in 3rd ed. My core playing group was 7,000 points of Space wolves and 2,000 points of infantry guard who couldn't into tactics but always rolled incredibly well for reserves and bolter fire, a chaos/guard player who owned far more tanks than we could comprehend and therefore won everything, and a Blood Angels/Grey Knights/Tyranids player of bullshit and cheeseI was the furfag I'll admit it
>>
>>46008371
>They were not threatening

I disagree.

The menace in the 3th ED codex was palpable while the menace in the 5th ED and 7th ED is lacking. The Oldcron victory was inevitable (yet it can be delayed or stopped). The Newcrons on the other hand are said to have the possibility of conquering the galaxy with no certainty given. In fact, paraphrases like "May yet" in the 7th ED codex and the Eldar clowns considering the Newcrons a sideshow in their fight-play for Slaanesh looks like an attempt lower the threat of the Necrons.
>>
>>46008466
I disagree.

Primarch are a daily occurrence and are a bother with their repeated stagnant topics.
>>
>>46008821
>The Oldcron victory was inevitable
>it can be delayed or stopped

>inevitable
>can be stopped

Oldcronfags.
>>
>>46008864
I was using the same logic the GW authors used when they were discussing the the End Times. The victory of Chaos is assure but it can still be delayed or stopped.

Because fates not are static. The future can be changed. There is still slim hope to avert this dark future.The Oldcron victory was presented as this.

Now instead of just writing one word, can you show me how the Newcrons are more threatening than the Oldcrons?
>>
>>46008957
>Tuomas Pirinen, Brutal Deluxe Game Design
>In the WH cosmology that Rick wrote, it was made plain that the victory of Chaos is certain. But it can be delayed infinitely. So as a WH cosmology purist, this was the correct end result.

Found it. From Archaon's creator. I guess infinitely delaying Chaos's victory counts as stopping it? Right?
>>
>>46008957
>I was using the same logic the GW authors used when they were discussing the the End Times.

No you weren't.

>The victory of Chaos is assure but it can still be delayed or stopped.

It could never be stopped was the point. No matter what, Chaos would one day destroy the world.

>The Oldcron victory was presented as this.

No it wasn't. In fact the C'tan were portrayed as having to team up as having a chance at winning, and their victory was never certain at all.

>Now instead of just writing one word, can you show me how the Newcrons are more threatening than the Oldcrons?

It's not about who is more threatening, but that the Oldcrons are simply not threatening. They were simply ass pained robots.
>>
>>46008957
If 40k where to end, I wouldn't want it to have Chaos or Imperium victories, even if I like factions within both.

They've both been hyped so much. Also with Imperium, it's more 'Human supremacy' we see in other settings with them as a faction, and in this one I don't see things going *that* well for them.
As for Chaos, they already 'won' in fantasy.
>>
>>46009045
>No you weren't.

Yes, I was.

>It could never be stopped was the point. No matter what, Chaos would one day destroy the world.

It could be stopped. See (>>46009014).

>No it wasn't. In fact the C'tan were portrayed as having to team up as having a chance at winning, and their victory was never certain at all.

Except the Eldar prophecies about them winning and the fact that the Four have united before. Eldrad efforts in the 13th Black Crusade and Gothic war were not to combat Chaos but to thwart the plans of the Star Gods

>It's not about who is more threatening, but that the Oldcrons are simply not threatening.

It's totally about who is more threatening and the Oldcrons win this one.

>but that the Oldcrons are simply not threatening

Opinion and not based on any fact.

>They were simply ass pained robots.

Their minds were dulled, though. Except a few lords, most of them were essentially mindless.
>>
>>46008864
>>46008957
>>46009014
>>46009045
>>46009079
I mean, are we just totally discounting that the old fluff all but guaranteed a Tyranid victory in the end?

It had the Imperium barely holding the line against Leviathan and it was outright stated to be just a minor scouting force with the main body of the Tyranid race utterly incomprehensibly large, winning through sheer numbers
>>
File: Necrons at war.png (32 KB, 564x494) Image search: [Google]
Necrons at war.png
32 KB, 564x494
>>46009276
>I mean, are we just totally discounting that the old fluff all but guaranteed a Tyranid victory in the end?

Yeah?

The whole shtick about the lesser races needing to unite to defeat the Tyranids was retconned.

It's now the Necrons whom must be united against in order to be stopped.
>>
>>46008692
But they'd have to kill all organic life RIGHT NOW or Abby is gonna beat them to the punch after which they'll just inevitably lose to infinite daemons.
>>
>>46009208
>Yes, I was.

No you weren't.

>It could be stopped. See (>>46009014).

It does not say it can be stopped. Merely delayed.

>Except the Eldar prophecies about them winning

Eldar prophecies account for nothing, in fact you'll notice that the Eldar are basically written around the fact that they change what they see in the future to their own benefit.

> the fact that the Four have united before.

Uniting wasn't certain victory, it was a chance at victory.

>It's totally about who is more threatening and the Oldcrons win this one

Not even a little. Oldcrons were simply too dull to be threatening.

>Opinion and not based on any fact.

Whether something fictional is threatening is entirely based on opinion, well done.

>Their minds were dulled, though. Except a few lords, most of them were essentially mindless.

Yes, they were all retards, but they could still hate.
>>
>>46009276
Well, some Necrons could work with that and still win. The 'kill all life' Necrons that is. They'd let the Nids sweep through the galaxy and leave, and just take over everything unopposed.

And a C'tan victory could oppose them (shards merge together back into full C'tan). I mean, if a Hive Fleet actually went through the effort to go around the Outsider's prison as opposed to just ignoring it and moving through anyways like with Tomb Worlds, there's got to be something there.
>>
>>46009435
Is it the outsider's prison? I didn't think that was confirmed that it was just an unknown Dyson Sphere....
{spoiler]I always wanted to believe the outsider wasn't actually c'tan but a traitor old one and he was the hive mind and creator of the tyranids like i said in >>46008692
>>
>>46009402
>No you weren't.

Yes, I was.

>Merely delayed.

Infinitely delayed which as good as stopped.

>Eldar prophecies account for nothing, in fact you'll notice that the Eldar are basically written around the fact that they change what they see in the future to their own benefit.

They account for more than think. They allowed the Eldar to survive this long. Also what they saw was a slim chance at preventing the C'tan from winning.

Eldrad whole quest in 3th ED and 4th ED was cerntained around combating the rise of the C'tan. So saying they are not threatening is disingenuous.

>Uniting wasn't certain victory, it was a chance at victory.

Except it was stated that if the Blackstone Fortresses were destroyed, then the galaxy would have no means to stop the C'tan Gods from conquering the galaxy. Everyone would be helpless against them.

>Not even a little. Oldcrons were simply too dull to be threatening.

Opinion and not based on facts.

>Whether something fictional is threatening is entirely based on opinion, well done.

Nope, it's based on facts from the setting. You cannot say Jar Jar binks is more threatening than Darth Vader, for example.

Apparently, you have some sort of bias against the Necrons.
>>
File: 1419215191225.jpg (801 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419215191225.jpg
801 KB, 1920x1080
Maynarkhs can't be the best dynasty because these unnamed heroes are the best dynasty.
>>
>>46009517
Problem is why would an Old One want to eat other C'tans. I mean, sure we don't know what their diet was, but I doubt it was the same as the evil star vampires. And the question as to why Cegorach would want and Old one to eat C'tan.

I do, however, subscribe to the theory that he is the only 'whole' C'tan left, since context seems to imply that he exiled himself before the Necron revolt. Doesn't seem like he'd be eating other C'tans, and subsequently feeling guilty about it all while Necrons where in the process of sharding him.
>>
>>46008864
>Oldcronfags.

He's really not an Oldcronfag, despite what he may claim nowadays.
>>
>>46009662
I don't agree with the whole Old One thing but the Outsider was tricked into eating his fellow C'tan. He/She/it did not do it intentionally. It/she/he/xir was trying to eat Cegorach.
>>
>>46009589
>That Necron grabbing that Bloodletter's face.
very nice.
>>
>>46009665
I am in the middle. I thought I made that clear, you damn stalker.
>>
>>46009539
>Yes, I was.

No, you inserted stopped in there and then realising your were wrong tried to rationalize stopped into delayed.

>Infinitely delayed which as good as stopped.

Not even a little. The infinite delay of Chaos required constant fighting against Chaos. Meanwhile stopping something means that thing no longer happens.

>They account for more than think.

No. They don't. What Eldar see are possible futures, nothing more.

>Except it was stated that if the Blackstone Fortresses were destroyed, then the galaxy would have no means to stop the C'tan Gods from conquering the galaxy.

No, because the Deciever came to the conclusion that the C'tan would need to reunite to take the galaxy after he had already removed the Blackstone Fortresses from those who could use them forever.

>Nope, it's based on facts from the setting.

The facts from the setting are this:
Oldcrons were never even close to some inevitable outcome.
Oldcrons were so boring that they never attracted enough fans and so got soft squatted.

>Apparently, you have some sort of bias against the Necrons.

Just shit talking Oldcronfags. I quite enjoy the current ones.
>>
>>46009695
I know that. Just pointing out it's one of the reasons the Old One Outsider theory is unlikely.
See:
>And the question as to why Cegorach would want and Old one to eat C'tan.
>>
>>46009662
He got sharded.
>>
>>46009662
I mean... i'm also really tin-hat with this theory. What>>46009695 anon said, in addition, going full tin-hat here, this theory of mine also stipulates that old ones and c'tan are actually different factions of the same race. "Star gods" is an exaggeration. One faction was all peace and hippie shit while the other faction believed in supremacy and used power sources that consumed stars. "Eating" souls was just using psychic energy as a fuel source instead of nuclear star-power similar to the golden throne. The old ones split in 2 factions and then used lesser races to try and kill one another. The psychic fallout created the chaos gods and the c'tan faction had the crons rebel. The outsider created the tyranids to kill everything and fix all the fuckups.

I also understand there's no actual basis for most of this theory I just think it's a cool explanation
>>
File: 062.jpg (846 KB, 1147x1621) Image search: [Google]
062.jpg
846 KB, 1147x1621
>>46009662
>since context seems to imply that he exiled himself before the Necron revolt.
There's nothing to suggest that. The only mention of the Outsider in Newcron anything was pic related, which confirmed that it's sharded.
>>
>>46009811
One hole in that theory, though, is the Warp itself. The Old Ones specifically used it a whole lot, while for the C'tans it was their antithesis and they couldn't exist in it.
>>
>>46009733
>No, you inserted stopped in there and then realising your were wrong tried to rationalize stopped into delayed.

You don't know what's in my mind and you are wrong.

>The infinite delay of Chaos required constant fighting against Chaos

Making sure the victory of Chaos never comes to pass. Essentially stopping it.

>No. They don't. What Eldar see are possible futures, nothing more.

Yes, they do.

Like Decimus said in the Night Lords Omnibus. Some fates can be malleable and can be altered while some futures/fates can never changed.

>No, because the Deciever came to the conclusion that the C'tan would need to reunite to take the galaxy after he had already removed the Blackstone Fortresses from those who could use them forever.

And it was stated that if the Fortresses were removed, then there would be nothing left to capable of stopping the C'tan.

The C'tan were the closet to winning considering only two fortresses remained active and they were in the hands of Abaddon who has no business with the C'tan.

>The facts from the setting are this:

And here are facts from the setting. The Oldcrons were threatening and presented as a major threat. You spouting your opinion of "they were just robot" doesn't actually disprove it.

>I quite enjoy the current ones.

I have mind reading powers too.

Andyou are just lying and hiding your hate of the Necrons behind I like the "Newcrons though".
>>
>>46009843
A shame. I guess it's just a very powerful transcendent shard like the Void Dragon one under Mars.
>>
>>46009883
I mean... that's what's said about them... millions of years after the fact... Yeah that is a major issue, but with the new fluff does mention that the c'tan eventually gain access to parts of the webway I think. I like to think that it was technology vs psychic power that each group spent hundreds of years developing their own specialty but could do either. The catalyst was the outsider turning traitor from the psychic side to the technology side after he saw the damage psychic powers were doing in the warp
>>
>>46009843
Doesn't the codex says that the necrons couldn't account for the whole pantheon?
>>
>>46010000
I certainly would like to know more about those other sharded C'tans. When talking about them, it's usually the same four.

Outsider can't even be called the most mysterious anymore. That would be the Endless Swarm.
>>
>>46009931
>You don't know what's in my mind

Thankfully. Your mistake was apparent though.

>Making sure the victory of Chaos never comes to pass. Essentially stopping it.

No, delaying it with continual effort. If you keep playing the chances are you will lose eventually.

>Yes, they do.

No, they see possible futures. Sometimes they mistakenly bring about the futures they were trying to avoid with their own actions. But it's still only possible futures.

>And it was stated that if the Fortresses were removed

They were removed, and still the Deciever knew he could not win alone.

>And here are facts from the setting. The Oldcrons were threatening and presented as a major threat.

No, they were just another side show to the Imperium and Chaos. If you're simply looking for power levels within the setting then current Necrons have the oldcrons beat.

>Andyou are just lying and hiding your hate of the Necrons behind I like the "Newcrons though".

You're wrong, ask me something about them and I'll give you the answer, that's all I can do to prove that I am well versed in Necron fluff because I like them.
>>
>>46010049
>I certainly would like to know more about those other sharded C'tans. When talking about them, it's usually the same four.

The Shaper of Worlds and the Burning One featured the most in the recent fluff and got decent fluff.

The Void Dragon and Deceiver just featured once each in the new fluff in single line events.
>>
File: 40.jpg (660 KB, 1156x1621) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
660 KB, 1156x1621
>>46010000
Yeah, that is the term it used:
>Whilst it is true that many C'tan Shards are now indentured to Necron service, this by no means accounts for the entire pantheon.
Though I'd say it's actually talking about shards and was just misleadingly worded, especially considering everything else on the matter (e.g. the very first sentence which says the shards are all that remain of them).

>>46010049
More like the Arisen. The Endless Swarm has at least been mentioned more than once.
>>
Are new necrons still anti-warp faction?
>>
>>46010244
Not really.
>>
>>46010111
>Thankfully. Your mistake was apparent though.

Only in your delusional mind.

>No, delaying it with continual effort. If you keep playing the chances are you will lose eventually.

But there is always the possibility that you will continue to win. Thus stopping it.

>No, they see possible futures. Sometimes they mistakenly bring about the futures they were trying to avoid with their own actions. But it's still only possible futures.

And as established by Decimus one of the only seers that can pierce the veil to 42K, some foreseen futures can never change. Struggling to stop them makes things worse.

>They were removed, and still the Deciever knew he could not win alone.

If they were removed, then the C'tan wouldn't have sent Necrons fleets to destroy them in the 13th Black Crusade and it wouldn't hae been said that the galaxy would be helpless without the fortresses.

>No, they were just another side show to the Imperium and Chaos.

Wrong, like I said, Eldard mission was to thwart the C'tan and that was his entire goal in the 13th Black Crusade. Is Eldrad a sideshow character?

>You're wrong, ask me something about them and I'll give you the answer, that's all I can do to prove that I am well versed in Necron fluff because I like them.

Knowing about a faction doesn't mean you like them. I dislike the Eldar and I know a fair bit about them.

But I play your game. Who is the foremost Imperial scientist in the field of studying Necrons and where did he spend his time?
>>
>>46010191
Those two need fluff the most. It would also be nice to know what the shards of Outsider, Burning One, Shaper/Worldmaker, Endless Swarm, and Arisen looked like.

I'm on the fence for Void Dragon because I would rather it be a big reveal for the one on Mars.
>>
>>46010244
They have anti-warp tech more than any other faction. So I guess.
>>
>>46010279
Well thats sad. Really liked C'tan vs Chaos gods part.
>>
>>45995124
Solemnace not even on the list? WTF is wrong with you people?
>>
>>46010302
>Who is the foremost Imperial scientist in the field of studying Necrons
Deceiver.
>>
>>46010379
Solemnace is not a dynasty. It's a single tomb world belonging to no dynasty.
>>
File: 16.jpg (729 KB, 1156x1621) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
729 KB, 1156x1621
>>46010244
>>46010335
They do still have the tech like >>46010327 said, but there's no longer any grand overarching plan to seal off the immaterium. And their reliance on the webway really clashes thematically with the anti-warp image (even if it isn't truly inside the warp).
>>
>>46010527
Don't forget that the C'tan have been spotted inside the Warp
>>
>>46010302
>Only in your delusional mind.

Come on now, you even posted right after trying to correct your mistake.

>But there is always the possibility that you will continue to win. Thus stopping it.

No, you don't stop a game by continuing to play it.

>And as established by Decimus one of the only seers that can pierce the veil to 42K

Not an Eldar. Not relevant to Eldar prophecy.
Also seeing as how we don't see into 42k we don't know how HIS vision turn out either.

>If they were removed, then the C'tan wouldn't have sent Necrons fleets to destroy them in the 13th Black Crusade

But they were said to have been removed forever. This is merely an example of the C'tan acting stupid.

>Wrong

Are you seriously trying to imply that the setting is not Imperial centric?

>Knowing about a faction doesn't mean you like them.

Why would you waste your time learning about shit you hate?

>But I play your game. Who is the foremost Imperial scientist in the field of studying Necrons and where did he spend his time?

That's a half assed open to interpenetration question and you know it.
>>
>>46009843
Tsara'noga is a pretty good name tho
>>
Attention fagballs, there are dynasties that canonically allow you to have your emotionless killbots, piss off and let the rest of us enjoy the Necrons for being a unique faction in 40k instead of Tyranids but metal.
>>
>>46010553
>Come on now, you even posted right after trying to correct your mistake.

Not correcting. Explaining.

>No, you don't stop a game by continuing to play it.

But you can prevent the other side from winning by staling.

>Not an Eldar. Not relevant to Eldar prophecy.

Prophecy is prophecy. They all tug on the threads of fate.

>But they were said to have been removed forever

You made it sound like it but that doesn't change that the fortresses were the only things that can stop the C'tan. Without them there would be nothing to stand in their way. This made them the closet faction to winning at the time.

>Are you seriously trying to imply that the setting is not Imperial centric?

No, I am saying that the Necrons had a center stage role alongside the main players especially in the 13th Black Crusade where they got involved and where a major character's mission was centred around stopping them.

>Why would you waste your time learning about shit you hate?

To get to know the setting better. The Eldar being the mortal enemies of the Necrons forces you to get to know them.

>That's a half assed open to interpenetration question and you know it.

Nah, the dude appears in the Oldcron codex, is mentioned in the Nightbringer novel and Gods of Mars novel as the foremost scientist about Necrons. asically anything written by McNeil. any hardcore Necron fan would know him.
>>
>>46010744
>giving attention to the argument
It's like trying to fight a brick wall
>>
>>46010744
Name one dynasty that worships the C'tan. Canonically, there hasn't been any Newcro who serves the C'tan.
>>
>>46010776
My guys worship my personal C'tan.
>>
>>46010749
>Not correcting. Explaining.

Because you realized you had fucked up.

>But you can prevent the other side from winning by staling.

Yes, but staling is not stoping.

>Prophecy is prophecy.

And prophecies are shown to be extremely fallible. Prophecy does not make anything inevitable.

>You made it sound like it but that doesn't change that the fortresses were the only things that can stop the C'tan.

Obviously other things could, because even with the fortresses out of play the Deciever decided he needed back up.

>No, I am saying that the Necrons had a center stage role

But they did not. They were so unimportant to the grand scheme of things that they ultimately got retconned.

>To get to know the setting better.

Why would you want to know what you hate better?

>Nah, the dude appears in the Oldcron codex, is mentioned in the Nightbringer novel

Oh, so you're talking about Corteswain.

>any hardcore Necron fan would know him.

Oldcronfags maybe, but I only really care about current Necrons. I tasked you with testing my knowledge on them, not old irrelevant shit.
>>
>>46010994
Going leave. Don't have all day to mess around but before I go.

>Oh, so you're talking about Corteswain.

Of course, he gets it after the hints and the google.

>Oldcronfags maybe, but I only really care about current Necrons. I tasked you with testing my knowledge on them, not old irrelevant shit.

He appeared in Newcron fluff as well. You have failed!
>>
>>46011065
>Going leave. Don't have all day to mess around but before I go.

Stopped or stalled? I'm going with stopped.

>Of course, he gets it after the hints and the google.

No, I just didn't think you'd be silly enough to try and bring a noted oldcron character into a test of current Necron knowledge.

>He appeared in Newcron fluff as well.

Not in the same capacity.
>>
I can't even tell who is or isn't Carnac anymore ITT.
>>
>>46009385
Why can't the necrons just force their C'tan slaves to take any captured enemies, perform the bio-transfer and place the command protocols on the new creature of living metal?

In any case, tyranids are fucked, and therefore Necrons are the greatest threat after Chaos.
>>
File: 56.jpg (668 KB, 1156x1621) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
668 KB, 1156x1621
>>46011689
They don't even need the C'tan - biotransference was achieved by Necron technology born from C'tan-given knowledge. But I'd assume the more traditionalist Necron leaders might object on the grounds of muh racial purity, even though Warriors are just treated as cannon fodder anyway.
>>
>>46011689
A cryptek did this to a battle sister in the "hammer and anvil"
>>
>>46012278
No he didn't. He basically just cyborgised her.
Which he later noted was an inherently flawed way to attempt biotransferance.
>>
>>46012350
So he was trying to biotransferance her? What happened to their cultural issue with it?
>>
>>46012408
He's a cryptek. He probably did it just to see if he could.
>>
>>46012408
Obviously the cryptek wanted a cybernetic ona-hole with a cute if battle-hardened face attached to it
>>
>>46012408
>So he was trying to biotransferance her?

No. He was just fucking around because he was bored. He told the AdMech that replacing yourself a bit at a time was stupid and flawed.

>What happened to their cultural issue with it?

Nothing, he just enjoys shitting on humans for fun.
>>
>>46012494
Why are crypteks all dicks?
>>
File: 32.jpg (675 KB, 1156x1621) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
675 KB, 1156x1621
>>46013150
Because they are both scientists AND wizards.
>>
File: anubis_by_stroke1986-d7ip803.jpg (148 KB, 670x1192) Image search: [Google]
anubis_by_stroke1986-d7ip803.jpg
148 KB, 670x1192
>>46013276
Mother fuck
>>
>>46013402
>>
>>46013434
>>
>>46013402
>>46013434
>>46013454
Please stop posting your faggot shit.
>>
>>46004202
>not karthas
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.