[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make my own chapter /tg/ how do? oh, and custom chapter/guard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: chapters-badab.jpg (147 KB, 800x609) Image search: [Google]
chapters-badab.jpg
147 KB, 800x609
I want to make my own chapter /tg/
how do?
oh, and custom chapter/guard general
>>
>>45994810
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables
You're welcome.
>>
>>45994810
Come up with defining feature. Add fluff until fluffed out. Design heraldry. Create crunch if applicable.
>>
>>45994810
Basic question to ask yourself for this
1. What do these marines/guardsmen do differently than other pre-existing chapters/regiments?
2. Heraldry/paint scheme, check it with the poster for marines image that you can find online. You don't want it to be too similar to anything that's already canon.
3. Do not, repeat, DO NOT, brew up any special rules, units, or formations for your stuff. It just makes people not want to play you.
4. Get writing, you will want a basic back story for your dudes at the very least including what makes them special, planet they are from, ashe's they prefer to kick, rivalries, prefers units and strategies, numbers, etc.
5. Go over the back story and reasoning to make sure they aren't super mary-sue like. Have a flaw, have an old hatred for a loss or insult. Posting the basics on /tg/ might be a good idea if you want a second opinion.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

Rolling for why we were founded.
>>
File: 1455464637163.jpg (22 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1455464637163.jpg
22 KB, 400x500
>>45995068
hows this sound?
Cryo Knights
tri color paint scheme
Homeworld is an Ice world
Imperial Fist descendant
Has beef with any chapter that worships their primarch too much (blood angels, salamanders, ultramarines)
They hate calling in support when they need it, commonly dying when they could have avoided it
Codex adherent
down to 500 Astartes after a chaos fleet decided to take a detour to their homeworld during the gothic war, which killed off most of first company and the chapter master
The new chapter master is trying to change the ways of the chapter's reluctance to call in support
Previously had a large cache if power swords, enough that most marines had one but during the chaos incursion the main armoury was sacked by a traitorous captain
>>
>>45995850
Sounds good, why the power swords bit though? Like the paint scheme if it's the pic you posted
>>
>>45996044
it means that the chapter is much more skilled in its use, holds power swords with a higher reverence and as such is always trying to regain their lost equipment
also makes them hate traitors alot more than any other enemy of man
and I spent days working on that color scheme, trying to get it just right. started out as the astral knights scheme and i just altered it a bit to get it just right
The only thing I'm having trouble with aesthetically is the heraldry and name
>>
>>45996149
Work with the importance of swordcraft. Make their symbol integrate a sword maybe halved with a snowflake on the other side.
>>
>>45995850
The ice theme fits a special snowflake chapter perfectly.
>>
>>45996285
oh come on man i tried really hard to make sure they were basic bitches
>>
>>45996441
They're not a special snowflake chapter at all
>>
>>45996789
I should know this as I'm making a special snowflake Chaos warband who live inside a dead voidwhale and trip space balls off some dank warp fungus
>>
>>45994947
Fucking horrible. Only idiots need to use a table to make their own chapter.
>>
File: Cryo Knight.png (21 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Cryo Knight.png
21 KB, 800x600
>>45996238
how do these look?
background is the pauldron color
>>
File: Cryo Knight 2.png (19 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Cryo Knight 2.png
19 KB, 800x600
>>45997206
>>
>>45994810
Don't have a paint scheme based off of someone else's paint scheme, it just makes it seem lazy. Also put a lot of thought into the name.
>>
>>45997206
>literally making them snowflakes
Anon.
Why not a shard of ice or something?
>>
>>45997338
I know, i know, personally i hate snowflakes for ice theme but i could not find something i could use as an icon
>>
>>45997370
Well an ice shard would be really simple to make in paint or PS if you have it. Just a two-tone sharp rock shape, light blue and bit darker blue. Or maybe something like an ice outcrop with a sword sticking out of it.
If you're not an artist you could take whatever idea you settle on as a request in the drawthread. I'm sure a drawfag would be willing to whip up something as simple as that.
>>
>>45997478
I'll try that
all thats left is the name then
>>
File: Female_Arbiter_2.jpg (233 KB, 540x887) Image search: [Google]
Female_Arbiter_2.jpg
233 KB, 540x887
>>45994810
>custom chapter/guard general
THE ORDER OF ARGENT JUDGEMENT

Originally founded on hive world Truncatis, their mandate was to purge the planet's unforgivably corrupted Adeptus Arbites and bring LAW and order to it once again (and, naturally, expand the influence of the Ecclesiarchy on the world by removing their competitors). This all seemed to be going according to plan until, exactly one century after their founding, they uncovered heresy in the planet's church itself - a cardinal, the very man who had ordered the order's creation, was daily violating the very LAW he expected them to uphold.

When the Sisters mobilized to arrest him, he had the entire order declared Excommunicate Traitoris, and mobilized the Planetary Defense Force against them. But they did not for one moment waver in their commitment to LAW, and launched a three year siege on the Governer's Palace, where they sought to prove that faith could overpower any fortification.

Ultimately however, it was the Adeptus Titanicus that felled the walls of the Palace, brought into the conflict by a treaty that guarunteed the Mechanicus the greater portion of control of the planet after the cardinal and his conspirators faced the LAW. It was Sister Superior Lex Elysius who finally saw that the LAW was carried out, executing the traitor cardinal herself atop an Emperor Titan for the whole battlefield to witness.

After the siege was over, with no more Ecclesiarchal support and heavy casualties, the Order finds it's numbers incredibly lacking - but their alliance with the Titan Legions can hardly be underestimated.

tl;dr Lady Judge Dredds with giant robot buddies.
>>
>>45994810
Megalith Seers

TL;DR version: Blind marines on the edge of Imperium space with daredevil-esque enhanced senses. Remnants of an alien civilisation on their planet. One massive structure called the Megalith which they are trying to study. Attempts to destroy the Megalith have ended in failure. Heavy emphasis on sense enhancing gear. Probably indulging in a little bit of tech heresy.

Their interest in the Megalith and the alien civilisation which inhabited their planet they arrived is probably going to get them purged by the Inquisition.
>>
>>45999754
>Blind marines on the edge of Imperium space with daredevil-esque enhanced senses. Remnants of an alien civilisation on their planet
Special snowflake as fuck(which isn't inherently bad so long as you reign it in a bit. There's plenty of canon snowflake chapters after all, like the one I'm about to mention) and downright unbelievable. The Imperium chooses the planet to set up the new chapter on, and they'd never pick one with a blind populace as the source to create new Marines from. Maybe a flaw in the geneseed could cause them to eventually go blind, but they'd have to take a page out of the Black Dragons book and send only pure geneseed back to the Imperium lest they want to get purged.
>Their interest in the Megalith and the alien civilisation which inhabited their planet they arrived is probably going to get them purged by the Inquisition
No shit, that's heretical as fuck. Not to mention that the vets that helped form the chapter would have nipped that in the bud right out of the gate.
>>
>>45994947
Do I have to actually roll for these or can I just pick the ones I want?
>>
>>46004110
You can do whatever you want, anon, no one's holding a gun to your head, as far as I know anyway. The rolling is just for us neckbeards with too much free time or actual chapter creation threads, it can be fun to roll everything and try to come up with something decent using the results.
>>
File: 1439744723820.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439744723820.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>45994810
>>46004110
>>45994810

There were some chapter creation threads on /tg/ that did not require the roll chart.

Though the OP's of those threads presented some ideas on what kind of chapter they want.

Do you want custom colored, custom culture or both?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.