[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever DM'd for a group much younger than yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Have you ever DM'd for a group much younger than yourself?
How did it go down, did you enjoy it?
>>
They'll see a father figure with you and will generally either seek your approval and subtly driving conversation towards asking life advice or seek comfort and share their life experiences and reflections.
Being in a position of power (as proper DM should be) only reinforces it
>>
bumping for curiosity
>>
Our first game was when we were sophomores in HS and our DM was one of our teachers. It was hella fun.
>>
>>45993613

I don't think I'd need to say this for any normal person, but because it is /tg/ after all please for the love of god don't include anything close to resembling a magic realm. Especially if these are high schoolers and not college kids you're talking about. Not only would it be extremely inappropriate on your part OP but kids that age are a powder keg of pubescent hormones and emotions that are easily confused and misled. Don't be the guy that gives a bunch of 16 year old rejects fetishes for cyclopses or something.
>>
File: 1445385417253.jpg (185 KB, 548x822) Image search: [Google]
1445385417253.jpg
185 KB, 548x822
>>45993613
Couple times. Super simple d10 for my niece (now 8) and nephew (10). Generic high fantasy, and rewards for good problem solving and role play.

The big trick is to not sugar coat anything. I don't go into graphic details, but I totally play up the old fairy tale feel.
>>
>>46000470
What if there is a cute girl with an eyepatch at their school, and it gives them the courage to finally talk to her and ask her out on a date?
>>
>>46000704
She looks tyrannical already
>>
>>46003406
As she should
>>
>>46002282
Please, anon, take a sit and tell us more.>>46003406
>>
>>46005425
What got deleted?
>>
>>46000470
Sorry you're too late.
My nephew already has a thing for mermaids now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.