[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lordran
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (22 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22 KB, 512x288
How would you guys run a campaign set in Lordran? I'm starting a campaign with this setting next Saturday, really excited.
>>
>>45993286
We wouldn't. Dark Souls is too perfect to make a simple setting of it. And why Lordran? Everyone knows Drangleic is where it's at.
I am running a campaign in some Bloodborne-In-Middle-Earth setting, and god, it's hard. All the hidden lore, all the exploration, all the enemies and bosses and weapons and shit... As a tabletop, it's hard.
I don't expect you to do it good, anon, but if you do, tell us about it.
Bump for the try.
>>
>>45995483
Also, my players are murder hobos who think that a 19 is the same as a 20, and that a 20 means they can do what they want forever. Seriously, they're like ''Oh, an eldritch abomination? Sweet sweet EXP, let's kill it and use his arms as weapons.''
>>
>>45993286
I guess I'd basically just run the plot of Dark Souls as the story for it. Especially since my playgroup is full of casuals who couldn't get past the Capra Demon in Undead Burg before quitting.
>>
>>45993286
Avoid story characters as much as possible.
>>
The undead curse is a convenient excuse to make encounters much harder than normal.
>>
In terms of a setting with more adventure potential I would take Drangleic over Lordran. Lordran is a very tightly knit setting without a lot of room for a story aside from the main one, which while the reason Dark Souls had a much stronger plot than the sequel, also means the more scattered Dark Souls 2 setting would be better for adventure.
>>
File: Soul Hunters.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Soul Hunters.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here's a Souls game styled homebrew.
Never played it before, so I don't know if it's good or not, but it's kinda interesting nonetheless.
>>
>>45997274
Boletaria might work well, too.
>>
File: three kinds2.jpg (19 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
three kinds2.jpg
19 KB, 300x215
>>45993286

1. Your party is a team of dickwraithes tasked with invading other universes and fighting against impossible odds to ruin people's day

or

2. your party is a group of sunbros tasked with travelling to other universes and helping people survive dickwraith attacks and defeat boss monsters

or

3. your party is a group of ratbros tasked with defending the holy turf against all comers.
>>
>>45997405

4. your party is a group of blueballers tasked with hunting down dickwraiths and other sinners
>>
>>45997444
Don't go for dark souls
Go for demons souls - aesthetic, and feel of that game was superior for tg adaptation.
Mists prevent escape, etc.
>>
>>45995678
>'Oh, an eldritch abomination? Sweet sweet EXP, let's kill it and use his arms as weapons
But....
>>
>>45993286
Have them be regular humans being sent into Lordran to clear out the undead infestation so that the holy city can be reclaimed by mortal settlers.

Nice plot twist could be that they become undead after being subjected to all of Lordran's shit and become the direct target of the next group of clearers because they're deemed too dangerous.

You'd need to come up with a way to heavily penalize death while being undead though, so that you don't lose control of them and their murderhobo ways.
>>
>>46001731
I'm pretty sure that the lore of Dark Souls already has a way of penalising death: Hollowing. It's pretty much exactly "when you die, you wake up at a bonfire, but you're a little more insane than you were. Hope you have Humanity to spend to prevent your slow slide into instinctive hating anything lucid".
>>
If your players are undead, put in sanity and have them lose it on death, so they basically just have a small amount of extra lives. Losing all sanity = hollowing and game over.
>>
>>45993286
Don't let on that it's Lordran, and run it back when gods were big and shit wasn't busted.
>>
Do you want to stay faithful to lore, or just want the game to take place in Lordran? Are the players alive or undead?
>>
Make exciting 'boss' encounters that aren't just hitting something until it dies.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.