[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song of Swords: Where Angels Dare not Tread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 19
File: 1401x788-bastardEx_001.jpg (223 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-bastardEx_001.jpg
223 KB, 1401x788
Last Time, on Song of Swords:
We fucked up
Etruscan Martial Erotica
Aztecaboos
New Laser Whales
FECHT

Previous Thread: >>45851253

Song of Swords is a realistic fantasy tabletop RPG that draws inspiration from historical fechtbuchs, weapons and armor. Its combat system is fast and it can be used for both fantasy and historical/mundane settings.

Call of the Void is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

Here's a .rar archive with the newest version of the rules as well as all related current working documents. At this time the latest version is v1.9.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12xqm1p2q69m392/Song_of_Swords.rar

Here's Ballad of the Laser Whales' latest version: [Redacted-see next post]

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

The Legend will never die.
>>
The Marlin's engines whirr as it wheels around for another pass. The Flammenschwert, chambered in 7.92x57mm, is probably in the region of as strong as its guns, but with a far slower rate of fire. Still, just a couple of good shots to the cockpit... These old biplanes aren't exactly known for their armor.

You aim. And continue to aim. And finally, as the plane begins its second descent, you open fire!

Three phases of aim, plus That Was Left Handed, plus the Marksman's Scope, for a total of +12 to hit.

Combine with a Full Auto for +8.

We're talking an attack at TN 7 with 30 dice. The RS, however, will be higher, because of the speed and distance of the plane, but it shouldn't be too hard since it's essentially head-on strafing the ship. You will be exposed to suppressive fire afterwards, though.

Let's do it lads. 30 dice!
>>
Rolled 7, 1, 6, 6, 5, 5, 3, 8, 5, 3, 9, 10, 4, 10, 9, 6, 5, 4, 9, 3, 10, 3, 4, 5, 7 = 147 (25d10)

>>45973068
>>
File: germany-FG-42.jpg (22 KB, 625x260) Image search: [Google]
germany-FG-42.jpg
22 KB, 625x260
Rolled 10, 7, 4, 4, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 3, 2, 4, 6, 10, 2, 4, 6, 2, 8, 4, 7, 6, 3, 9, 5 = 140 (25d10)

>>45973068
Bongs, leave.
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 2, 8, 10 = 25 (5d10)

>>45973068
>>
Rolled 9, 8, 1, 1 = 19 (4d10)

10 successes! Since the fecht is almost over, let's burn a Luck to add 4 more dice to the mix.
>>
File: planehit.jpg (26 KB, 239x446) Image search: [Google]
planehit.jpg
26 KB, 239x446
Rolled 5, 9, 7 = 21 (3d10)

>>45973195
12 successes total, at RS 8, that means three hits!

Let's roll some hit locations shall we? Since the plane is closing head-on, the Tail will be obscured for the purposes of hit location, and will instead become a Nose result.
>>
>>45973278
Hey, were the plane fighting rules at?
>>
>>45973278
You hit the wing, the fuselage and the nose. Important stuff in there, but first you must weather the fire!

We'll call it a full auto attack at TN 7 with 15 dice. Good luck Ivan!
>>
Rolled 9, 7, 3, 2, 9, 2, 5, 5, 6, 3, 10, 1, 10, 4, 4 = 80 (15d10)

>>45973563
Don't die Ivan!
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 7, 8, 5, 7, 8, 4, 6, 3, 8, 9, 3, 2, 4 = 82 (15d10)

Here's hoping we don't get horribly perforated.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>45973700
Only 5 successes. That's only one hit. What a fucking miracle.
>>
>>45973753
It's gonna be the face, I just know it.
>>
>>45973795
Leg, thank fuck.
>>
>>45969864
Wasn't asking for it to be now. But it would be nice to get a bit more than perfunctory non-info once in a while.
>>
>>45973753
A round strikes your thigh, cracking the ceramic plate there, but otherwise causing no significant damage.

The plane passes you, veering sharply to the left. Black smoke begins to issue forth from the plane, and suddenly, it erupts into flames, and begins a long spiral towards Underspace.

"Guess they didn't have self-sealing fuel tanks back before the war. Sorry buddy," you chuckle, as you approach the hatch and pull it open.

Inside, you find a grim scene. The Zell is curled in next to Kane, nursing a red blotch on her white shirt. "Did you get him?" she says, looking up as you approach.
"Yeah, he's burning."
"Good. Ricochet. I think I'm dying."
"You're not dying, don't be such a baby, let me see."

It doesn't look too bad, but there's a lot of blood. Problem is, Kane's the medic, and that shot that grazed his dome put him out like a light. You're still worried about him, but unless he's bleeding on the inside or something, he should be fine.
"Look, we're only two hours out from the pickup point. I'll get a bandage, just keep pressure on it and everything'll be fine. Rahoo medical science is the greatest in the world." She gives you a look. You shrug. "What, really, their anesthetics are amazing, I once saw a guy get a piece of a propeller taken out of his sternum while he whistled dixie, you'll be flying so high you'll never--who's steering the sub?"

The two of you look at each other for a long moment. Then you get up and rush to the steering compartment, to initiate the crash dive. Can't be too hard, right?

END OF CHAPTER
>>
>>45974027
neat see you in two months
>>
How much of a heathen would I be if I added Powder Mages (From Brian McCellan's in-progress series of books) to the Tattered Realms?

For those that don't know, these are people who have a few tricks they can pull off involving gunpowder. They can shoot firearms more accurately, can ignite it at a distance, and can ingest it (in small amounts) to increase their physical abilities, risking becoming addicted or horribly, horribly sick in the process.
>>
>>45974871
Given that I immediately desire to know more, you're probably only a minor heathen.
>>
>>45975118
>>45975118
The books are set in a very Switzerland style place, of relentless military hardasses holed up in a giant valley, but blocked in on two sides by what is basically Russia.

They've also just had a coup, led by one of the main characters, against a king who was going to pussy out and swear fealty to the Russia-analogue, which would have obviously been a bit of a bummer, and not just for all the normal reasons of being under a Fake-Russia.

The King of Fake Russia hates Powder Mages (and technological progress that isn't ways to kill people), and has them rounded up and slaughtered and experimented upon. And turning them into violent, mutated monsters.

The books themselves are alright, I suppose, but there's lots of cool shit going on in the setting. And a lot of murder.
>>
File: laserwhales 1.0.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
laserwhales 1.0.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Reminder: New Laser Whales, with more guns, some changes, and prosthetics.
>>
Oh looky here, another Riddle of Fucking Steel thread. Why don't you call this game what it really is instead of copying.
>>
>>45975532
Is Galt dead?
>>
>>45975598
This.
>>
>>45975598
No, Riddle of Fucking Steel was the XXX supplement after a timeskip and the Hef won.
>>
File: 1457833432583.gif (761 KB, 502x283) Image search: [Google]
1457833432583.gif
761 KB, 502x283
>>45975598
It's been a while, where've you been?
>>
>>45975598
At this point, SoS is really different. Different initiative system, different ranged combat, different character creation, the damage system is overhauled, and almost every subsystem from grappling to hilt pushes have been rewritten. They're pretty distinct at this point, while Blade of the Iron Throne and the parts of Band of Bastards we've seen cleave really close to the mother.
>>
>>45975686
>Band of Bastards
>really close to Riddle of Steel
Nigger what?
>>
>>45975733
I'm underplaying how different the weapon and TN thing is, I guess. Looking back on the stuff shared in the threads, I guess it is pretty different. Especially the standard TN.
>>
>>45975787
Here, just look at the whole thing. It's more similar to SoS than to Riddle.
>>
File: hilarius.png (17 KB, 189x247) Image search: [Google]
hilarius.png
17 KB, 189x247
>>45975598
>>
>>45975849
I wouldn't call it similar to SoS either. It's pretty significantly divergent from Riddle too, but in a really different way.
>>
What do we do about bows in BoTW?
>>
>>45976629
houserule them. That game isn't made to handle bows
>>
>>45976629
>>45977549
SoS is getting BotLW's initiative and ranged system soon. You'll find the answer there.
>>
So, the Dependent bane specifies that a 12 cost dependent cant have a social status higher than 2 PCP.
This is to prevent people from farming dependents for wealth, right? Because I don't see anyway to justify preventing the original character from spending their own money on the dependent.
>>
>>45979409
I'm pretty sure it's to prevent money batteries, yeah. It's bad enough that one guy takes Lesser Noble and completely pays for the group for the whole campaign without someone making a useless character with 1 in every category and everything else pumped into Social Class.

Jimmy, have you evened out the jump in wealth at all? It's absurd how much gold you get as a minor noble for the price compared to what comes before it, and I've been forced to consistently ban playing a minor noble without using the mixed class and wealth rules so as to make money an even remotely useful reward for players.
>>
>>45979897
That jump is there to prevent situations like in GURPS where a knight needs to have wealth massively out of proportion to his station in order to afford a full suit of plate. It could probably be safely lessened, but I wouldn't want it to drop too far.
>>
>>45980085
Presently, full plate, weapons, and a helmet (not included in the premade armor) will be about 7 and a half, maybe 8 gold. That's within the buying power of a freeman assuming he sells his farm and lets his family starve to death. High freemen can get that and a courser, again if his family starves. Both are within easy range of a lesser noble with money spare enough to buy the same for everyone else.

What if there was a lifestyle cost as an optional system, like in Shadowrun? To maintain a lifestyle equivalent to your rank, you need to spend a certain amount of money each year to maintain your home, your family, and any household you actually own. If you neglect to pay this, your social status takes a hit or you suffer some penalties. If you're a noble you stay a noble since it's in the blood, but people will laugh behind your back because you can't give the proper gifts a nobleman is expected to give. This makes noble a bit less easy to use to break the game economy, since you need to spend a bunch of money each year to maintain yourself. UC Davis has a knight in the 15th century spending about £30-£60 with £100 at maximum a year on his household. Make that gold, and you have a good guide.

If you want to go really crazy, you can go the Pendragon route, where at the end of each year you see if your lands are being productive and whether or not you actually make money. Obviously not something for the main game, but a fun idea for a supplement along with dynastic rules.
>>
>>45980294
That could work out, possibly.
>>
>>45980294
I've yelled at Jimmy a few times about actually including rules for having a home to live at, but he's rebuffed me the last couple times.

One of his dismissals referred to the high variation in prices of land around the world, which is fair, but I still think that
>rents for unowned lodgings can be standardized
>actual land ownership can be represented either directly using the current [W] system, or a similar variant
>>
>>45980433
I don't think it would be that difficult. Get a rough base line for how much a given plot of land in various tiers would cost (cottage with communal land, house, manor, fortress), and give a bunch of modifiers that the GM can introduce at a whim, like horse price modification. Low demand, -X% cost. Shitty land, -X% cost and a penalty to monthly income. GMs can just determine land from there. The specifics of how many strips of land you farm from the common fields or how many serfs work your land or even its exact size can be abstract as long as you come out with a monthly production and cost to maintain. Just use the same customization system dogs have for farms, and you're golden.
>>
File: AlphaGO a qt.jpg (64 KB, 600x771) Image search: [Google]
AlphaGO a qt.jpg
64 KB, 600x771
AG might not win 5-0. Humanity might still have some bite, we can beat the elves back. Remember yourselves SoS, and overcome the setbacks.
>>
>>45980801
The Burds will figure out a way to win at that motherfucking Izagoni game with their automaton yet.
>>
File: 1457857881094.jpg (62 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1457857881094.jpg
62 KB, 600x772
>>45980876
R E S I G N E D
The spirit of Galt is alive and well.
>>
File: i wanna....png (102 KB, 280x246) Image search: [Google]
i wanna....png
102 KB, 280x246
>>45980801
>>45980998
>>
>>45980433
Why would lifestyle cost have to be that specific? Just make a certain amount of holdings be necessary to supply a given lifestyle, instead of giving pure income.
>>
>>45975849
I still wonder why Blade and BoB add so many mechanically useless skills. You know lore skills, crafting skills and such in a game about barbarians, bandits and conmen.
>>
>>45981251
Er, and by holdings I mean assets. So you can have either an overall lifestyle level or you can pick and choose a couple things, and assets pay for one, two, or three opulence points worth depending on their magnitude. Lifestyle would presumably impact prestige and be potentially relevant to social combat as well.
>>
>>45979897
>and wealth rules so as to make money an even remotely useful reward for players
90% of starting wealth should be in property, goods, investments, contracts, stocks, etc. Just use common sense.
>>
>>45981251
>game with specific listings for cheese, pork, and various kinds of grain per pound
>the already semi-abstract Wealth mechanic is somehow too "specific"
Sir. This is a game for autists.
>>
File: Sark.jpg (56 KB, 929x655) Image search: [Google]
Sark.jpg
56 KB, 929x655
>>45980801
>Humans
>Defeating Elf technology
Squeak.
>>
>>45982333
Come back when you've achieved YOUR life goals Sark my lad.
>>
>>45982776
>Shredding nordic pussy harder than the Treaty of Versailles
Check

>Inventing the Cravat
Check

>Made absolutely certain everyone knows he hates his dad
Check

>Make Zell Great Again
Check

>Exterminate all Humans
>>
>>45982776
>Own a swank pleasure barge
>Look sweet as fuck in your uniform
>Have a delicious nordic waifu
>Have a delicious elven boytoy on call in case you change your mind

I dunno about his own, but so far Sark has certainly achieve my life goals.
>>
>>45982113

Well then why doesn't it have specific listings for different cheeses and cuts of pork?
>>
>>45982806
>Make Zell great again
Bitch, it's like you don't even know Radovan. What I'd give to live in his court, the guys knows how to live.
>>
>>45983185
>Royal court is literally a sauna full of hot slavs
>Live in a bathtub with hot chicks to keep your ears from getting cold
>Literally thousands of grandchildren running around tormenting the scrubs who come to beg audience

Radovan is living the dream.
>>
>>45983252
If any "court" pictures get drawn from SoS, it's Radovans sauna that I most want to see.

How big ears does Radovan have?
>>
>>45983504
Large enough that it takes multiple women to hold them up.
...Lewd.
>>
>>45974027
>Shooting down a plane
>With smallarms
I thought this was supposed to be a realistic game.
>>
>>45983959
Literally straight from a German infantry manual from WW2:
>"Low-level air attacks have once again led to serious losses. In spite of this, troops still fail to seize the opportunity of destroying the enemy machines. Frequently no sort of defense is put up, and the enemy's task is thereby rendered easier.

>"It has been proved, however, that heavy losses both of personnel and planes can be inflicted by the use of infantry weapons. Airplanes are sensitive and are partly crippled by hits on the engine, gasoline tank, ammunition, and so forth. Considerable success is attained when a pilot is put off his aim or when a plane has become a semi-casualty.

>"Enemy fighters have a habit of flying very low and climbing only just before attacking. For this reason they cannot be picked up by the Air Warning Service sufficiently early to allow our fighters to arrive in time. The fire of all available weapons, including rifles, is therefore the best means of defense in such cases."

Most aircraft weaponry in WW2 was rifle caliber. The Americans were weirdos for slapping .50 cals on everything instead of a mix of cannons and MGs, the British relied on .303 machineguns and 20mm autocannons, and the Germans armed their aircraft similarly. Planes aren't exactly known for their heavy armor.
>>
>>45983959
Slavs in SoS/BotlW are always supreme badasses, without exception. They're the Cimmerians of Opaque's Hyborea.
>>
>>45984020
A whole company of guys shooting at a plane is a bit different from one guy with an assault rifle. I didn't know about the caliber of aircraft guns though, I assumed they were all big rounds like today.
>>
>>45984127
for you
>>
File: sex.jpg (35 KB, 800x404) Image search: [Google]
sex.jpg
35 KB, 800x404
>>45984127
To be fair, the gun being used was basically Nazi superscience. The FG-42 was decades ahead of its time. The Yanks still field guns with design features copied directly from it.
>>
File: image.jpg (660 KB, 1185x1584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
660 KB, 1185x1584
>>45973068
Umm...

Why did we add aim to a full auto?
>>
>>45984284
Jimmy BTFO by his own rules.
>>
>>45984284
That was a mistake, though if you look at the last four dice in the roll, it would've only been one less success if they hadn't happened, and with Burst that would've still come out to 3 hits.

Still, serious oversight. Way to fuck it up Jimmu.
>>
>>45984208
>The Yanks still field guns with design features copied directly from it.

Yeah, and the M60 has been a piece of shit since day one. Let's take the less successful Nazi assault rifle, turn it upside down, lap on the belt feed form the MG43, and use that as our GPMG.

Simply using the MG43? An actually good machine gun? Fuck off commie.

Meanwhile the other famous sturmgewehr became the Cetme which became the G3 which became the Mp5 and G33 etc and are only finally fading away as everyone just grabs an AR15 derivative instead because those are good enough and everyone else is using them anyway so there's no real reason not to.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
>>45984359
Burst doesn't get aim either.
>>
File: Aim.jpg (77 KB, 1080x217) Image search: [Google]
Aim.jpg
77 KB, 1080x217
>>45984489
Maybe you didn't before, but now you do. Maybe that was a change in response to something.
>>
>>45984431
>Let's take the less successful Nazi assault rifle

Point of autism: The FG-42 wasn't really an assault rifle as such, since it still fired a full-sized rifle calibre. It was closer to a heavy automatic rifle not unlike the BAR or AVT-40, tuned to also be capable of precision fire at the same time.
>>
File: squee.jpg (213 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
squee.jpg
213 KB, 700x394
>>45982333
>He fell for a useless Swedish girl who can't even reach pickle jars
Sark, stahp, dump the nord and take me instead
>>
File: 1111010-10.jpg (21 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1111010-10.jpg
21 KB, 300x400
>>45984127
>>45983959

It really wasn't all that unusual to use rifle-calibre MGs as a close-range air defense. Sure, a cannon would be better, but those are heavy and relatively expensive. By comparison, it's much more feasible to just take one of the ubiquitous MG34/42s and slap them on a simple tripod. Sure, it's not as effective as explosive shells, but having *some* air defense is far preferable to having *no* air defense when there's some cheeky fucker strafing you time and time again. Early planes are particularly vulnerable from the front, since that's where the engine is and early in the war they couldn't yet carry substantial armour for it.
>>
>>45981488
That's what the [W] is. The money you can withdraw is your net profit after it takes care of itself.
>>
>>45982113
There's autism, and then there's managing every little daily expense. Having to manually govern your living expenses, especially when not on some unusual expedition where supply is an issue and you can't bring a quartermaster to deal with it for you, is a hassle even beyond what would be in keeping with the general design of the rest of the game. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a detailed system for managing these things in the future, but it should be an optional system and not in the core book. For general purposes, a "lifestyle level" that eats up the output of your assets but doesn't require active governance would be an excellent addition without going too far.
>>
>>45985512
I thought Ranveig was german
>>
>>45986294
>but it should be an optional system and not in the core book
Why can't it be optional system IN the core book? Why don't autists understand they don't have to use optional subsystems to get full game experience?
>>
>>45986294
Pendragon has some neat things. There's the family rules, which basically determine how many armed assholes your family can provide to a battle and who's screwing or spreading rumors about whom. Then there's the land management, which is just a roll modified by any raids or bad weather you've had, which determines what level of life you can lead during the following year. It's pretty simple and abstract, and there isn't much bean counting. That would be a good system for an expanded system. I think a flat cost works best for simplicity, though. A noble also has his household and retainers, people to class upon, and his little court. If a player is able to pay the flat cost by allocating some of their wealth to it or just shelling out their wealth, they can both live within their means and call on their household. It moderates player wealth a bit and gives them some extra resources to call upon, making nobility more than just how much money you have. Everyone wins!
>>
>>45988264
He's talking about having a detailed system in a source book and a basic system in the core book. The book will be hundreds of pages long as it is, when you add in the setting, weapon descriptions, and art. A quick and dirty method is good enough when you're talking about a tome like SoS, when you can expand things later.
>>
>>45984020
To be fair, by the END of the war, rifle caliber machine guns had been mostly phased out in favor of heavy machine gun caliber bullets at minimum on all sides. Even the Germans traded their 7.92mm air MGs for 13mms.
>>
>>45988264
>Why can't it be optional system IN the core book?
Because devising a whole new big economic system which is detailed, comprehensive, and balanced would take a lot of time and pages. And all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, OI does presumably want to actually fucking publish the core book some day.
>>
>>45989455
Gotta have something to put in splatbooks.
>>
>>45975532
Quick, someone upload it to mediafire so we can put it in the OP.

>>45974027
>Rahoo medical science is the greatest in the world
I thought we were working for Chiron.
>>
>>45974027
>the world

which world
>>
>>45991708
All of them.
>>
File: SWORDS.jpg (205 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
SWORDS.jpg
205 KB, 450x450
>>
File: 1455853136525.jpg (243 KB, 576x700) Image search: [Google]
1455853136525.jpg
243 KB, 576x700
>>45992801
And I you. Now c'mere and give me a fecht you lewd son of a bitch.
>>
>>45990958
>>45991708
It would be more correct to say that Rahoo pharmaceutical science is the greatest in the world. They know their drugs, particiularly anesthetics, which is what Ivan was saying in the hopes of comforting the Zell. Their pickup is a Rahoo cruiser that's supposed to bring them to safety, and where there are Rahoos, there's probably morphine.
>>
>>45995011
Was that Zell supposed to be the same as the one from the earlier fecht, or are Zell mercenaries common?
>>
>>45995425
The one before was a halfbreed, Nyashny Enginsdottir. She's up in Space-Iceland, getting in trouble with the local garrison and trying in vain to drink herself to death.

This one is a Zell who seems to have no name. Some folks call her Zelly. She's a smuggler who operates out of "Zelltown," a collective term for shitty remote port towns that end up being taken over by Zells and their bastard offspring. A great many of these towns spread over the edge of islands, and down on the other side, where only the pure Zells (and those halfbreeds with void powers) can walk.

Obviously having access to an entirely new half of islands that humans can't reach is a pretty huge advantage for smugglers, and the "underside" of Albion in particular is a teeming mass of criminal dens and fortified pirate hideouts. The Royal Navy has reached an agreement with the rogues, that so long as their piracy does not include Albish vessels, and they punish those of their own who violate that agreement, they can go unmolested in their sunless hideaways.
>>
>>45995588
Can Zells walk on the surface proper of Islands? Or would they fall into the sky? How do half-zells work? Do they float in spot?
>>
>>45995779
Zells all have at least a rudimentary Void Magic, and all except the very weakest can use this to bind themselves to an island's surface when they want to move around topside.

Half Zells have a higher instance of Void Magic talent, than humans, but it's still only a fraction of the population. Luckily for them, they don't inherit their Zellish parent's gravitational challenges, and can walk around like normal humans.
>>
>>45996318
Does void magic have any visible tells, like glowy purple eyes or anything? Or could a Zell disguise itself and go about on the surface? Until y'know, they open their mouths.
>>
>>45996318
Hey, Jimmy, regarding >>45979897

Are Lesser nobles supposed to be land holders? If not, they should probably have a bit less starting money to make the ramp up a bit less severe. They can already afford armor and a horse and they don't need to maintain land, so they don't need an amount of gold that much higher than the lower social classes.

If they are, why can't any nobles get Estate as a free boon?
>>
>>45996797
Yes. The sound of voidsong naturally occurs around uses of the magic, and there are often crackles of dark energy or swirling mists. Depends on the spell.

Zells can sometimes pass for humans--ears aside--and many of them have even gone further and surgically altered their ears so that they can live amongst humans unnoticed.

Of course, they're immortal in the Void, so they have to switch things up often, but many governments actually cooperate with Zells to make transition from one identity to another every few decades easy.

The prejudices do exist, though, and Zells are often blamed for natural disasters, plagues, and famines. It's not that unreasonable, they are literally witches, after all. That said, violence is rare. People fear Zells--and rightfully so. About one in ten of them can channel the Winds of the Netherworld, and of those, perhaps half can do it at level 2. Of those, perhaps half again can do it at level 3.

That means that if there are a hundred Zells in town, there are at least two or three who could disintegrate a dozen people in a span of seconds through sheer force of will.
>>
>>45997322
Does tethering themselves to the island so the can go on the surface of it have any tells? Because having crackling static, swirling fog and whalesong follow me everywhere when I want to guy buy a kebab seems a little annoying.
>>
Is it me, or is High Caliber a trap option.
>>
>>45997322
>no costs for purchasing carts or carriages
Spit pall for me /sos/
>>
>>45997898
Finding historical examples for those was really hard, I gave up and put it off until later. Any suggestions? I'll put it in right now.

>>45997877
It was sort of intended to be. A very specialized type of weapon.
>>
>>45997898
Just going off the top of my head, but at least 10sp for a regular 2 wheeled cart with and a fancy wheelhouse being a few gp.
>>
>>45987378
It's sort of hard to tell by the accent Jimmu wrote for her.
>>
>>46001680
She's a scandiweegian.
>>
>>45999629
A cart, a wagon, a carriage, a wheelhouse, and then those fucking war wagons, are all relevant.
As are the various types of lake boats, I think.
>>
>>46001680
Well she isn't blonde, but the accent really seems to suggest that she's a Scandi.
>>
>>46001830
Ooh, keelboat, I want a keelboat.
>>
>>46002945
What on earth for?
>>
>>45987378
>veig
>German
>>
>>45997429
Activating the ability would, but sustaining it would probably not, except to another void-sensitive person.
>>
>>45999629
>It was sort of intended to be. A very specialized type of weapon.

It's an incredibly small niche, though. At missile pools smaller than 10, the TN increase is prohibitive because you're getting few enough successes at it is and it just makes it too unlikely to even hit in the first place. And at missile pools of 10 or greater, the TN increase means that you actually *lose* damage because you score fewer BS.
>>
>>46006055
Our explanation for this is that in volley fire, which will be a feature in mass combat, the TN of the weapons don't really matter so much as the number of people shooting.

So if you have a few skirmishers who pick their own targets, lighter, more maneuverable weapons are preferable, but if you're just blasting away in a firing line, higher caliber guns that you don't bother aiming come into their prime.

There is room to tweak it, though. This was all before Ballad, which has radically revised how we "do" missile combat. God, Laser Whales was the best caffeine-high I've ever had.
>>
>>46006247
Ah, I suppose that could work. Personally I'd just interpreted that upgrade as the kind of oversized elephant gun one might get custom-made for big game hunting or other shenanigans, so in that context the current rules wouldn't really support that concept.
>>
>>45972661
Souce on pic?
>>
>>46006574
according to google image search, it's from that little triangle to the right of the post number
that or a tv series called "the bastard executioner"
>>
>>46004276
>traversing rivers with a large party of men
>carrying enough supplies for a several month long trip
>fighting hostile natives, trading with friendly ones
>killing bears from safety
Do you even Meriwether Lewis?
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.