[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, does Mortarion have any decent fluff yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: IllustratedMortarion.jpg (71 KB, 577x800) Image search: [Google]
IllustratedMortarion.jpg
71 KB, 577x800
So, does Mortarion have any decent fluff yet?
>>
>>45972227
Who
>>
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>45972227
Nope, not yet. However Black Library is starting(has started?) a series on him so retcons incoming.

Expect a shoehorned second in command who stays loyal and is better then anyone else by a large margin and someone being a perpetual. Also probably Mort meeting Typhus when he was younger because BL is good at subtly.
>>
File: Maloghurst_Remembrancer_Sketch.png (2 MB, 1136x857) Image search: [Google]
Maloghurst_Remembrancer_Sketch.png
2 MB, 1136x857
>>45973514
Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask
>>
>>45973758
Will we get FootStool?
>>
>>45976895
>>45973758
He better get footstool
>>
>>45972227
He's literally the stupidest Primarch.
>>
>>45980942
Nah. That award goes to Dorn because he was stupid enough to be on that chaos ship when it exploded.
>>
Fluff for what? Why he cried uncle? Why he whimsically decided that thousands of his suffering and dying soldiers were more important to him than the human race and the Emperor? At least Angron had a fucking pain tumor in his brain which prevented him from thinking about anything past five minutes.
>>
>>45981085
Didn't Mortarian have strained relations and major psychological issues because the Emperor killed his adoptive father.
>>
>>45972227
He comes off as a bitch in every fluff showing he's in. Got slapped around by Khan too after the Khan called him out on being a chaos follower faggot
>>
>>45981151

Yes, but he also has a natural predisposition against oppression and slavery. Nurgle was essentially bearhugging him and telling him to accept the assrape, and he should have understood immediately the implications of a Chaos god prosecuting its will upon humanity. Here is one of the ultimate evils of the universe who intends to break the Emperor's finest and turn them into his tools to enslave humanity in eternal torment, and all Mortarion could think about was

>muh soldiers
>muh suffering
>>
>>45972227
How can anyone take him seriously after (picture related) happened?

I have no idea why he has any fans. He is canonically the weakest daemon primarch.
>>
>>45981368

Its Draigo so it shouldn't count.
>>
>>45981198
He had already realized that Emperor was a slaver too so weighing that against Nurgle was no biggie.

He probably had regrets about his adoptive daddy too given how he fashioned the Plague Planet after Barbarus.
>>
File: Footstool story.png (357 KB, 896x4008) Image search: [Google]
Footstool story.png
357 KB, 896x4008
>>45972227
>>
>>45981533

The plague planet is moreso a hint that Mortarion always had daddy issues and never tried to move on from them. To be more specific, it hints at him wanting to be dominated.
>>
>>45972227
No, and he never will.
>>
File: Footstool Stats.png (24 KB, 867x262) Image search: [Google]
Footstool Stats.png
24 KB, 867x262
>>45981553
>>
>>45983136
That's stupid. Death Guard already ignore Dangerous Terrain tests
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.