[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A asshole wizard brings your last character into existence. Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: char-illius.jpg (13 KB, 200x332) Image search: [Google]
char-illius.jpg
13 KB, 200x332
A asshole wizard brings your last character into existence.
Because reasons, you two now have to live together for at least a year before he can sod off back to his world. What happens?
>>
>>45970708

I go on a Black Crusade and eventually ascend as a champion of Khorne.

Alternatively he cuts off my head and I am a major sacrifice to the blood God.
>>
>>45971395
>Major sacrifice.
>There's a damn wizard going around presumably tearing through space, time, and possibly the warp just to get you to live with your last character.
vs
>My roommate.
How is that major compared to the wizard?
>>
>>45970708
Seems cool, got cash for us to live comfortably, has guns and license(which is hard to get in this gun forsaken hellhole)..
Also is a pretty cool guy.
>>
>A demon hunting professional quickdraw shooter with supernatural luck.
He quickly amasses a bunch of money, gets his own place so he doesn't have to live with my mom, then I move in with him for a year because magic dictates I do so. It's not too bad, only problem is he keeps smoking in the house.
>>
>>45970708
UNLIMITED BROMANCE!
>>
>>45970708
He introduces me to pot.
Other than that, he's pretty chill and we just hang out a lot.
>>
File: Rider2.jpg (32 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Rider2.jpg
32 KB, 500x281
>An arrogant god-king from ancient times [in a fantasy chrono trigger setting] who believes he's the rightful ruler of the world.
>Basically the estranged lovechild of Gilgamesh and Iskandar.
>pic related happens
>>
>>45970708
Jokes on you I'm forever DM
;_;
>>
>>45970708
>A cybered up combat hacker straight outa the Seattle sprawl is now my roomie for a year.

He'd probably be glad to have somewhere to lay low and chill for a year. I'd be glad to have all of my debt erased over the course of a weekend.
>>
>>45970708
mother
fucking
gay
sex
>>
>Superhero with enough strength to lift a skyscraper and the endurance to survive a nuke
I'd be a scared heap of my former self due to the stress of constantly checking my behavior so I don't accidentally piss the dude off and have to pay for the sudden cost of my house being torn in half.
>>
>cleric wood elf trap based on ebola-chan
Maybe if I could fuck my character I wouldn't regret making them so much
>>
>Raven Guard tactical marine seconded to the Deathwatch. All his skills are stealth related.

I wouldn't notice.
>>
>>45970708
>Wizard-Priest of Avacyn
Well, I'm getting Guidance added to all my homework, that's for sure.

If he can be assed to charge for it, his healing magic could make him/us a fortune. Though he'd probably fall into depression after learning that his whole life's work was the result of some card game.

Also, he'd probably end up realizing that he's my creation and about the game I play him in. He'd probably come to sessions and have an existential crisis. We're talking suicide levels of mindfuck here. I literally haven't given him a last name, so that would also be a fun talking point.
>>
>>45970708
I'm I'm a Forever DM, so I'll go through the 4 most important NPCS

>BBEG Vampires Countess,
I get charmed and made a thrall, so I love it when she tortures me after a long day of taking over the world

>Mad Pirate King based upon old character from a previous campaign
Let's flip a coin, heads we get along well, tails he slits my throat

>Literally Autistic monarch, obsessed with justice and ignores anything social
I clean up my act a bit and we become vigilante hero's (as they won't have their kingdom with them)

>Cult leader, pretending to worship God of justice instead of a demon
I probably join bis new religion, and perhaps get sacraficed
>>
>Chinese quasi-Confucian monk
I guess I'd achieve enlightenment?
>>
>>45970708
He'd use this world to experiment with his magibiotech.

His intentions are benevolent, and in the best case scenario we'll end up with a post-scarcity utopia, but he'd be a lot less restrained than usual in trying stuff that could go horribly wrong since it's not his real world.
>>
>Crazy powerful time and fate Mage, who's a socialite.
I would be pretty stoked. My life would get both much easier and more interesting.
>>
>>45970708
>Proud to the point of arrogance Blood Angels assault marine
I give him a day before I do something to offend him and he purges me.
>>
>>45970708
Pretty sure she would hate my guts for being a lazy coward.
>>
He's just a normal college dropout. He'd probably do what he normally does in-game, get a crappy job and practice running.
>>
>>45970708
an asshole wizards moves into my house, and he uses his magic to win lotteries, invest in stocks, become fabulously wealthy, before deciding to stay here because he can do his research into magic in peace.

i come over every Thursday night to help with his experiments as he tries to find magic in this world
>>
>>45970708
>Shadowrun technomancer/rigger
Stay away from my computer shit, and stop spam-bombing people and websites you don't like with male enhancement ads, dickhead
>>
>>45970708
I am his new lucky tall grot.

I probably die.
>>
>Sociopath artificer obsessed with metal and electricity
I'm a metallurgist. It'll work out.
>>
>Hedonistic elven alchemist/artificer
She uses me as a gateway to the wonderful world of technology, having me help her learn as much as she can. She might go back to her world then and introduce magitech, or she might stay here to try and introduce magic to this world.

She also might pay me for my help in sex, but would probably force feed me extracts to make me less ugly.
>>
>>45970708
Get trained by a self-insert fantasy character to be my ideal fantasy game self just four years behind? Bitch pls this is a dream come true. Also lots of selfcest ftw
>>
>>45980609
being force-fed magical extracts to be less ugly would be a super bonus.
>>
File: Camp Cooking 1.jpg (476 KB, 1180x1714) Image search: [Google]
Camp Cooking 1.jpg
476 KB, 1180x1714
>>45970708
DELICIOUS
HALFLING
meals
>>
>>45970708
Super chill wrench wench who only gets upset if you actually try to annoy her. Sounds good. I may or may not get laid, but that's not a big deal either way.
>>
>>45970708
Welp. I'd better hope I enjoy getting Charmed or Dominated, because there's no way I'm passing all the Will saves that are gonna fly my way.
>>
>>45974830

Pretty much this.

Plus she has a dog, will go hiking with me, and is good at making money so nothing but good things can happen from this except the part where she leaves.
>>
>>45980842

...Udar?
>>
Halfling goddess who is undercover while fighting against the forces of creation of the universe? She'd probably make me and my wife a 16 year old lesbian couple to spice up our marriage, but then forget to change us back because plot happened. Seriously, it would totally fit her warped view of reality and happiness.
>>
>>45970708
Live with a Canadian ex-Mountie recovering alcoholic with a bit of a temper for a year? Shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
A Chaotic Neutral Paladin who's level 3 and called T'rump.

Could be okay? he's also gone full madness, but I have a church nearby home so that should be okay. he has no money.
>>
>>45981208
>T'rump
>He has no money

Your paladin is a loser.
>>
>>45981245
Don't worry, he can always take a small loan from his father.
>>
>Constantly intoxicated dwarven brawler.

I'm not so sure he'd want to go back. He'd probably just disappear for months at a time, returning in the middle of the night covered in blood and holding fat stacks of fight money.
>>
>>45970708
He steals shit and makes us both fairly wealthy by the time the year is up, on the agreement that I do his laundry and cook him meals in the meantime. So long as I don't cause any drama and stay chill, everything turns out fine.
>>
>>45970708
Character: An inventor from a superheroes game who's power is to build whatever he needs, even if he doesn't know how it works. Also critting every tech roll.

What happens: Either he accidentally invents an doomsday weapon (has happened before) and ends the world or begins a new age of technological expansion.
>>
My last character was a thristy af effeminate half elf bard who is a bit dense. Looks like I'm gonna get laid a lot over the next year
>>
>>45970708
My psychotic Jawa serial killer kills me.

And probably jacks my laptop.
>>
>>45971907
Hello Mr. Torgue
>>
>>45970708
Depends on which character he brings.

>Dawn Caste General
Eh, I'd bro it up with him. He could teach me about honor and kicking ass, and I could teach him some of the meta-knowledge of Creation before he goes back to it.

>Zenith Caste Martial Artist
Same as the last, except I'm learning about martial arts instead.

>Antipaladin/Bloodrager Berserker
Fuck. Well, I know he has piss-poor AC, so I can probably grab my shotgun and take potshots at him while I run the fuck away, cause while his AC is low his damage is crazy.

>All At Once
Well, now the Antipaladin/Bloodrager is less of a problem since either of my Exalted characters are liable to turn him into red paste. Instead I'll have to worry about not getting my house destroyed by the two Solars in my house. God help
me if one of them hit Limit Break at any point during their stay here.
>>
>>45980724
She might also make me a cute shota too. Who knows.
>>
Oh god. A Zon-Kuthon cleric/wizard with mythic tiers who can raise almost two armies of undead by himself... I am boned.
>>
>>45970708
So, this is actually funny.
My last character's entire premise was that he had been born and raised in a place where everything was literally perfect. It was a NG country where there hadn't been a murder in 150 years, the average person lives to 120, famine and disease are totally unknown, etc.

And he was so asshurt about this that he signed on to an expedition to invade a country made of monsters, because his life didn't have enough challenge.

If he landed here, he probably wouldn't want to leave. This place is such a shithole he could do better here than anywhere in his world.
>>
>>45970708
I need to pay for my character PTSD therapy. Also I need to hide the fact that he is an half-elf.

On the upside: I get to learn how to play lute, sing and do poetry from him.
>>
>>45970708
On one hand, he's a pretty bro dude.

On the other, he's also an ex-underhive ganger. now guardsman.

Honestly, he's probably pretty pissed that he's not allowed to fight for humanity, and the state of us on this planet (constantly infighting) would make him really annoyed that we're not trying to save our species from extinction.

All in all, if he gets over the fact that there's literally no traitors to the Imperium (as there is no Imperium) and no xenos to fight, he'd be a bit chill and probably try to get work at the ironworks.
Though he might have an issue, what with being literally dumber than an Ork.
>>
She teaches me psionics and martial arts and probably dominates the hell out of me while she does it, the bitch.

But when she leaves I'll be able to turn the world inside out.
>>
>>45971541

I meant to type minor, but you are right I would try to convince him that the wizard would make a much better sacrifice to the Blood God.
>>
>>45970708
He'd quickly integrate himself with the surrounding criminal society and get involved in drug trafficking. He'd come home at terrible hours, with a different person each time both of them off their tits.

My life would be hell.
>>
File: Rune_Priest.jpg (302 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
Rune_Priest.jpg
302 KB, 500x710
I am now living with a Space Wolf runepriest. Fuck, I'd probably be scared shitless that I'd offend him in some way and have him eat my brains or someshit.
Also would raise some awkward questions, like why is there an 8ft tall viking dude sitting on my couch drinking beer and cursing at the tv.

On the otherhand he could teach me some cool shit and maybe we'd be gymbros.
Actually now I want a sitcom with this premise.
>>
Rolled 7, 40, 47 = 94 (3d100)

Testing
>>
>>45983738

Also I might want to hide all my non astartes miniatures so he doesn't think I'm a heretic...
>>
>>45970708
Well...if it goes how it went for the last three other PCs in the party, the result is either:

>Over the course of the next three to five days, become dangerously familiar with the most influential movers-and-shakers of the dark seedy underbelly I didn't even know existed in this city, eventually becoming either incredibly rich and powerful myself or incredibly dead in a ditch before the month is out; if I survive the month, and prove to have been entertaining enough to my roomie in the interim, I'll have been setup somewhere along the way with bodyguards, protection, footmen, buttonmen and basically everyone needed to keep me fat, happy, protected and a completely oblivious figurehead to 90% of his operation for the rest of my life.

Or:

>He decides to take the year to lie low for a while, take a vacation of sorts, let the heat die off a little. A few days of crashing on my couch gets us past the initial awkwardness enough to bring up the topic of rent and food, at which time the wonders of cantrips and Create Food and Drink make life so much better for everyone concerned. Of course, about a week later, he tries to make a move on my wife, at which point everything turns ugly. Words are said, fists are swung, more words are shouted, tearful apologies made, we all make up, everything's good, {spoilers}awkward makeup sex,{/spoilers}, and the next day we're back to trying to figure out how to alchemically turn quarters into gold dollar coins.

So, all in all, I'd call it a win.
>>
>>45970708
>last character was an asshole wizard
He takes one look at me and my house and plane shifts out of here.
>>
File: 1404861263593.jpg (219 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1404861263593.jpg
219 KB, 800x600
>>45970708
How the fuck am I going to explain dragonborn to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs?
I can't cash in gold pieces. And his training in Divine magic, Arkosian history and swordsmanship isn't going to be much good here.
Hell, even his architecture knowledge is outdated and useless.

At least he should be a pretty cool guy who's not about to flip his shit. LG Paladin after all. But I have no idea how to house or support him.
Plus he's going to try and sermonise about Bahamut which isn't going to help.
>>
>>45970708
I'm trapped with a dirty hippy of a blind vampire who will be luring dirty hippy teens into our basement.

As long as I help with makeup and move unidentified meat outside under cover of darkness we should be just fine.
>>
A sexually liberated female warrior who values knowledge above all else. I just hope my gf is open to a trio
>>
>>45983738
You got it lucky, I have a Eldar to worry about.
That and her tendency to mind probe everyone.
>>
>>45970708
He is cool as fuck hacker, a bit overconfident, but also pacifist and generally polite person. So, I think I got my personal teacher.
>>
Huh. Well, I can't honestly remember what came latest, but

>space goat Brad Pitt with an obscene amount of wasted ranks in dodge because I made him whilst blazed as fuck
He'd probably be cool. I played him up as a bit of a fame hound but also a humanitarian and stuff.

>Aztec elf war hero turned naval commander
He'd have a hard time adjusting to modern day life, but I reckon I wouldn't have huge issues getting along with him.

>epic level interplanar swashbuckling fleet admiral.
As I think he had the ability to dimension hop at least once per day, I think it would be profitable all around for us.

Also I just realized how often I play some kind of nautically themed character.
>>
File: 1380834761733.jpg (241 KB, 1088x802) Image search: [Google]
1380834761733.jpg
241 KB, 1088x802
He'd probably torture me for information, abscond with all my money, and kill me several months later before he begins his ascension into political prominence.
>>
>>45970708

Depends if I'm in his world, or in my world.
If in his world, I'm going on adventures, traveling around a lot!
If in my world....I will have to pay a lot for collateral damage! But otherwise it could be cool.
>>
>A heavily abused lost soul trapped in an animated plush toy
I think he'd rather live with me than be subjected to experiments again.
>>
>straight up magical realm gypsy-hooker monk
Nice
>>
how am I supposed to hide that she's a tiefling?
Other then that she'd be a pretty cool roommate, as a bard she'd probably jam with me.
>>
>>45970708
I stay out of his way and don't eat his food and I live.
>>
>>45970708
>Fallen jedi that followed Revan into the unknown regions
ruh roh
>>
>>45970708
A Primarch based around Roman from RWBY with the goodness of Vulkan

My doorway isn't 10ft fucking tall, thank god he can build a new one.
>>
Last character I played? Or last character from a finished campaign? As that's a somewhat important distinction...
>>
>>45990014
yes
>>
>>45970708
>he was a USAF pilot turned drug runner when he got out of the service
>eventually recruited (and blackmailed) by the CIA to move their shit, black funds, guns, assets, hooded prisoners, whatever as long as the pay was good

Well at least my life wouldn't be so dull.
>>
>>45970708
I probably get a bunch of combat training from a bro-tier dragonborn paladin and I try to convince him to use his abilities to make us assloads of money, probably with little success
>>
>>45970708
I can't even remember the last character I played since forever GM, so the most prominent NPC from my last campaign:

>Young mage turned adventurer due to poverty
I teach him about technology, he teaches me about magic. When the year is is over, he gets rich in his world while I dick around with magic avoiding any sort of productivity.

Or something more recent from my writing:
>Young woman from the near future
>Has been turned into an elf and transported to a fantasy world a few days ago

Guess she'd be fine being in the past because the time difference just about makes up for the extended lifespan of elves.
But oh boy, that would be a year living with what is basicly god and seeing that he's a miserable looser and will probably destroy your entire world because he looses interest in the story. She'd also think me as a creep because her elf form is more generally attractive, even though she kinda designed it.
>>
File: Atrapos.jpg (158 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Atrapos.jpg
158 KB, 800x800
Forever GM so let's go with most recently made important npc.

>>45970708
I suppose that entirely depends on if he gets to bring one very particular peice of 'equipment'.

If so, time to start up the machine cult, a few millenia ahead of schedule.
If not he probably kills himself as he would have broken a pretty significant oath.
>>
>>45970708
>QT warrior princess trying to raise a host to reclaim the throne of her post-steampunk Kingdom

Welp. Time to swear fealty.
>>
A Black Templar, so if I can get through the explanation and swear fealty fast enough I should live? Probably. I'd imagine all kinds of trouble.

But by the end we'd probably be living in an actual castle so that's good.
>>
>alchemist trying for immortality with a southern accent and good cooking skills alongside swinging a brick of adamantine.
Food, fun, and mummified organs.
>>
File: Cleveandsmiteevil.jpg (72 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
Cleveandsmiteevil.jpg
72 KB, 500x380
paladin of a homebrew sun god I made up, so I get him to teach me some spells so I can be the first cleric for the religion.
>>
>>45970708
I get laid.
>>
>>45970708
Man, why'd it have to be last character, now I've got a bagpipe-playing dorf monk with no time for character development bumming around my house. Maybe he can teach me to be /fit/ but that's a stretch.
If it was my first character he could teach me how to innawoods and be able to go back whenever he wanted, because Planeswalker wizard overrules asshole wizard any day
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.