[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goblins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: goblins20160312.jpg (464 KB, 892x1213) Image search: [Google]
goblins20160312.jpg
464 KB, 892x1213
>>
File: goblins.gif (26 KB, 691x896) Image search: [Google]
goblins.gif
26 KB, 691x896
Last panel is a reference to this.
>>
>>45968254

I honestly don't know what to make of that. Is it hilarious that he's familiar with his own criticism and actively incorporating it into what he makes shamelessly?

Honestly, I kind of admire it.
>>
>>45968235
>"I'm sad."

I love it.
>>
>>45968235
>"I'm sad."

Oh my god. That's the first time this comic has made me legit chuckle.
>>
>>45968235
>I'M SAD
HE DID IT.
THE UTHER MADMAN.
>>
File: IM SAD Dorf Fortress.png (48 KB, 691x896) Image search: [Google]
IM SAD Dorf Fortress.png
48 KB, 691x896
>>45968526
Yeah, like >>45968449 I am a little impressed that Thunt actually is aware of what people say about his little shitshow and has enough of a sense of humor about it to make a joke about it.
>>
>>45968235
I just read this and came here to say how pleased I was about it.
>>
So I'm gonna praise something about this comic just for once, because all the negative stuff I could say about it is self-evident if you look at it for a minute anyway.

I really like the idea that detecting evil physically hurts the paladin. Not necessarily to the point of overwhelming pain like here, but at least to the point where just sensing evil nearby really really aggrevates the paladin, like a divinely infused barbarian rage.
>>
>>45968235
He knows!

I mean, it makes sense, considering he probably makes those threads on /tg/ in the first place, but still.
>>
How often is this comic updating?
>>
>>45970078

more often than Outsider
>>
>>45970379
Quicker than monthly or slower than monthly?
>>
Gonna echo the folk above me. For all that Goblins is usually something I hate-read (I feel like Thunt would be an amazing DM, and I've cribbed more than a couple ideas for magical items and dungeon features from him... but as an actual comic? Ugh), the self-awareness of the last line is legitimately funny, in a way I didn't expect.
>>
>>45970918
I came to this thread to post this.

I've been reading Goblins for years just because it's so bad it goes full circle into amazing, like the feature film of an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, but despite his terrible art (which honestly has been getting better, and isn't atrocious, just mediocre) and cringe worthy writing, he actually does include interesting magic items and dungeon puzzles and the like that I've found to be worthy of jotting down in my DM notebook on a few occasions as minor features at the very least.

Again though, holy shit he's bad at writing, and his action shots are especially bad, but all things considered he is managing to improve, even if it's at a glacial pace, and he would probably make a far better DM, especially if he ran an older edition.
>>
>>45970419
Roughly week / week and a halfish - best to subscribe to the rss feed.
>>
>>45971209
What's your favourite bit to crib?
>>
>>45968235
>Just talking

What are they talking about?
>>
File: dominicdeegansupergreg.jpg (90 KB, 846x540) Image search: [Google]
dominicdeegansupergreg.jpg
90 KB, 846x540
>>45971209
Also there have definitely been worse DnD/fantasy webcomics.
>>
>>45971332
I thought some of his monsters are interesting, even if they all look like different kinds of baby scribbles. Especially the beast that can only be harmed by things it knows the name for, thus the "this is a helmet" schtick.

The first room of the weird time dungeon is also neat, with the door that opens to confusion. In fact he's actually good about making interesting first rooms, like the most recent dungeon's first room that changes color depending on who talked last, with that then leading to something important much further in, like the door golem in this case.

I also really liked the monk blindfolds, and will absolutely steal that next time I have a monk player if only because I have a hard time finding things to give monk players that aren't either pure utility or redundant at later levels.

However, in pic related I can already tell those evil things are some kind of shadow version of the party, and I've actually already done that once for an ancient mystical spring dungeon where the party was trying to fetch magic water to make a sword. They had to fight a nega-party of shadows which attacked in such a way as to isolate each of them into a rather tense 1v1. I used all their stats and abilities at the time. Later in the last room, they found a sphinx that gave them a short lecture about fighting one's inner evil that was intentionally cheesy and let them pass, then mentioned they can each take one, and only one waterskin, as opposed to literally running a goddamn pipe from it like they were jokingly thinking about.

>>45971509
Also this. Thunt is still far, far from the worst there is.
>>
>>45971682
>However, in pic related I can already tell those evil things are some kind of shadow version of the party

It's interesting to note Fumbles doesn't seem to have a counterpart - maybe because he still isn't really tracked as a PC by the gaming world?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.