[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite epic lines / quotes . No specific setting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1456756748655.png (910 KB, 900x692) Image search: [Google]
1456756748655.png
910 KB, 900x692
Favorite epic lines / quotes . No specific setting.
>>
File: 1406400026719.png (2 MB, 732x3069) Image search: [Google]
1406400026719.png
2 MB, 732x3069
Old but good.
>>
Where I fall ten more shall take my place!
And one-hundred each of them!
So strike me down! I am the harbinger!
-Ollanius Pius

I really like the story of a simple guardsman stepping between Horus and the wounded Emperor.
>>
>>45964739
Where was that from? I remember the character but not the exact source.
>>
>>45965168
I honestly dont know from which book the line is from. Read it while browsing the web, and it really tickled my fancy. I'm a sucker for human defiance when facing overwhelming odds.
>>
>>45964739
but the man was a perpetual and he knew iiit
>>
>>45965618
Fuck youuuu it totally goes against the original intention and devalues the story.
Hack writer is hack.
>>
>>45965618
Oh bugger off
>>
>>45965618
Actually, he never once died IIRC.

That's beside the point, though, as originally the character was literally a generic guardsman who had a name instead of a designation.
>>
>>45965618
Even accounting for Perpetuals, getting bitch slapped by THE champion of Chaos will smack the immortality right out of you I'm guessing. I think Pius will still give his life and I don't think it's worth getting worked up over, he's basically tried to be an Everyman for his whole long life.
>>
40kids ruin everything they are a part of
>>
File: 40k Ollanius Motherfucking Pius.png (326 KB, 638x900) Image search: [Google]
40k Ollanius Motherfucking Pius.png
326 KB, 638x900
>>45964739
>>45965168
>>45965422
>>
>Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!
>>
"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."
- The Emperor of Mankind
>>
>The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
>>
"Hulk. Is. Cold"
-Hulk
It's from a comic I forgot but it was basically after world war X killed everyone and hulk just hid in a cave for 50 years. If someone would find the source that would be great.
>>
>Travellin' through space is boring. Well, boring unless da hulk yer on is full of dem gene-sneakers, or a base fer da chaos lads wiv da spikes, or already has Boyz on it. Or if humie lootas come callin', that's always good fer a bit a sport. Or unless yer have a mutiny or two to pass da time, or unless strange fings start happenin', which dey usually do when yer out in da warp. One time we had some bloody great ugly fing come straight out of Weird Lugwort's 'ed! It butchered half da lads, that was pretty entertainin'. Come ter fink of it, space is a pretty good larf. And that's before yer find yerself a nice world ta crush

~Bigmaw, Ork Runtherd
>>
>>45966702
"Here they found real war, but they were not ready for it."
Georgy Zhukov, on turning back the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union
>>
File: Patton.jpg (130 KB, 490x598) Image search: [Google]
Patton.jpg
130 KB, 490x598
>>45966725
>>
time is a drug, to much of it kills you.
-terry pratchett
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.