[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets play a game: Come up with the dumbest, most "That Guy"-sounding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8
File: gnollpaladin.gif (22 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
gnollpaladin.gif
22 KB, 300x360
Lets play a game: Come up with the dumbest, most "That Guy"-sounding character roll you can think of, and see if others could make a good concept out of it.
>>
File: 1427749632021.jpg (71 KB, 541x658) Image search: [Google]
1427749632021.jpg
71 KB, 541x658
>>45960191
Mountain lifter.
>>
>>45960191
Chaotic neutral dragonborn paladin
>>
>>45960294

Chaotic neutral paladin?

You're basically a cult leader who's the only member of his religion.
>>
>"good" succubus who actively tries to seduce men for their souls, but insists on staying in the form of an 8 year old girl in a world where most people aren't attracted to children.
Wait, never mind, I just did it to myself. Pedos must die.
Trying again.
>paladin of Feminism
>>
Half-Nymph Half-Drow Half-Vampire Bard
>>
Golem with bad posture.
>>
>>45961064

AKA, a Golem.
>>
Loli anything.
>>
Loli vampire drow samurai on a mission to kill god
>>
>>45961117
Scratch that. Loli vampire kender samurai on a mission to kill god.
>>
If their race uses more than one instance of the word 'Half-' you're halfway there already.
>>
Dhampyr sorcerer who wants to destroy his father
>>
>>45961188
Half orc half human.
Such a Mary sue amirite?
>>
>>45961247
You don't say that. You just say Half Orc since mentioning the other half isn't always necessary, but when it is necessary then you're in trouble.
>>
>>45961188

> 8th hill giant
>>
>>45960191
Unarmed fighter
>>
>killed his first man at (X<10) years old
>>
File: arms-fall-off-boy.png (416 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
arms-fall-off-boy.png
416 KB, 600x300
>>45961673
>>
>>45961694
>man
Can be woman? I mean, the delivery was stressful and his mom couldn't take it.
>>
Anything with more than one class
Anything that uses more than one weapon
Anything that can fill more than one role
Anything non human or non dwarf
>>
File: sonic.png (131 KB, 433x258) Image search: [Google]
sonic.png
131 KB, 433x258
>>45961738
>>
>>45960556
>"good" succubus
This alone is a terrible and irredeemable concept
>>
>>45961783
Fall-From-Grace?
>>
>>45961783
But muh planescape muh sigil muh waifus
>>
>GM, my character is Mandalorian Twi'lek jedi who used to be a sith, but can still use the dark side powers such as sith lightning and force choke, since according the her own philosophy it's how you use the powers and not whether they are light or dark side related. She fights with two double-sided light sabers, one purple and one green and blue. She is always accompanied by her 3 female sex slaves and her pet baby hutt she rides. She also has a 11 inch veiny horse cock as a dick, D-cup sized tits with diner plate sized areolas and inverted nipples. She's also 6 months pregnant.
>>
File: kTsMNTY.png (491 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
kTsMNTY.png
491 KB, 800x1200
>>45961064
GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
>>45961826
> sex slaves
>jedi
>>
>>45961815
Falls-From-Grace is shit though.
>>
>>45960191
Chaotic Neutral Dark Elf Ranger who dual wields silver katanas and uses a bow enchanted with the power of anti-sunlight.

I hate you Jeff. So very, very much.
>>
>>45961882
Anon confirmed for pleb taste
>>
>>45960191
Female Dragonborn Bard, CE, Natural Lycanthrope, Noble Birth
>>
I'm going to play myself, who's been sent to this fantasy world.
>>
>>45961981
The character revels in her uniqueness and does whatever she wants based on that while in reality she does it all just to hide the fact that she is an outcast and feels lonely on the inside.
>>
>>45961188
Half Dwarf Half Elf.
>>
>>45960495
>One-Man cult
>Cult is empowered by knowledge of it, not being faithful to it
>People spread around the story of the crazy dragon cultist, making the crazy dragon cultist stronger
>>
>>45960191
CE Female Gnome Barbarian Cannibal
>>
>>45962007
That became its own species called human.
>>
>>45962055
>Guys, I'm serious, I'm half-dwarf half-elf. Look, I've got facial hair like a dwarf and I'm slender like an elf
>You're a malnourished fuckface with a 5 o'clock shadow.
>>
>>45960191
Scholar/sage character with no combat or magic skills, puts all skill points into academics and lore, just spends the whole game correcting everyone about EVERYTHING. Best part is that itsna homebrew setting, so the player is just making up bullshit about EVERYTHING, but his character is so "scholarly and learned that he must be right."

Never have I wanted to kill and eat a human being so much.
>>
>>45960191
Dragonborn Warforged Barbarian.

...Wait that sounds awesome.
>>
>>45962171
Is this a Warforged in the shape of a Dragonborn, or a Dragonborn trapped inside a Warforged, or an unholy fusion of a Dragonborn and a Warforged, or what?
>>
>>45962113
Why does "half" anything mean half-human, half-fantasy race?

Would the child of a dwarf and an elf be a half-dwarf? A half-elf? A dwalf?
>>
>>45962195
An insane warforged who thinks he's a dragonborn, so he wears the bloody skins of any dragonborn he encounters.
>>
>>45960946
One of the character's parents [father?] is a drow vampire that abandoned their nymph [mother] who raised them. Now that the character is an adult and has a family of their own, they try to make use of their connections and naturally high charisma to find their immortal parent so they can introduce them to the characters family/ children.
Thoughts?
>>
>>45962213
I'm pretty sure that's just a long-lived human at that point.
>>
>>45962195
>my mother was a res dragon, my father was a warforged sentry guarding the royal treasure. They met after he dug himself out of a pile of gold mom stole after razing the kingdom.
>>
>>45962215

I am playing this next game.
>>
>>45962007
Wouldn't those be Gnomes
Am I wrong in thinking this?
>>
>>45962219
That's actually a fun premise for a certain kinds of a game.
>>
>>45962364
Happy to be of service.
>>
File: Yoshimitsu.jpg (152 KB, 974x820) Image search: [Google]
Yoshimitsu.jpg
152 KB, 974x820
>>45960191
Illithid Samurai.
>>
>>45961783
redeemed succubus godess.
This statement alone causes so much shit posting that it wasn't even funny.
>>45960191
CE dwarf paladin of Moridan.
>>
>>45964655
It was a pretty terrible idea, and in true /tg/ fashion fa/tg/uys took it and ran it into the ground with horrible fetishes and waifufaggotry.
>>
>>45964625
That sounds fucking amazing though.
>>
>>45960191
Non-anthro wolf robot
>>
>>45960946
And a loli Half-Kender to boot!
>>
>>45960191
Half-drow sorceress princess who was kidnapped and is slowly becoming the vessel of an evil goddess.
She's six.
>>
>>45962219
>>45962752
Fuck, that's a lot better than mine, too.
Granted, it was my second game ever, but our DM told us to make a bunch of weird stuff and gave us free level adjustment for days, so I made that Charisma abomination and called him the unfortunate offspring of a deranged drow wizard's extremely hands-on breeding programs who turned to adventure because a life of cutthroat peril is better than the hellish prison laboratory of his youth.
>>
>>45962171
To anyone confused about this, it's that in 3.5e Dragonborn was a template that you could add to almost any race. (Races of Dragons 3.5e supplement book)

It would "Override" MOST of your racial things, but NOT your type/subtype.

And Dragonborn Warforged are not against the rules, which lets you play as a Construct and a Dragon at the same time, as well as technically giving you the unarmored feat for free, some nice racial stat bonuses, and the ability to still take Warforged-Only feats and items, as the requirements for those were "Warforged" and not "Composite Plating Racial Feature".

So you could play a bio-mechanical dragon with Adamantine skin at level 1.
>>
>>45961949
The game itself says she's not good.
>>
>>45962052
This could be a cool concept for a random encounter. Imagine being out there isolated in the mountains, suddenly getting swarmed by dozens of half-naked cannibalistic gnomes.
>>
>>45965962
Could be a cool sidekick in a cyberpunk game.
>>
Ilmateri Priest who plays the trope to a T: Outright pacifist, donates all their excess material wealth (with a very extensive definition of "excess") ASAP, will stop in the middle of a battle to ask the dying to pray with them to ease their suffering, consistently heals anyone (ally or enemy) injured that they come across and have the spell slots for in their travels (and won't needlessly prolong a battle), etcetera. More points than might be recommended are dumped into Constitution, too.
>>
>Most "That Guy"-sounding character thread
>Most examples are DnD character
What you did there, /tg/, I see it
>>
Tiefling bard who only plays a gold-plated family heirloom fiddle
>>
>>45961829
GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
>>45967864
Ain't nothing wrong with this
>>
>>45967961
In context it made more sense. we were trying to go for a more dark and gritty campaign, but one of the guys I play with always makes some sort of joke character.
>>
>>45968102
I still don't see it
>>
>>45960556
>paladin of Feminism
female paladin that is generally disgusted with most women for not living up to her high ideals, and hunts down infamously promiscuous wenches in order to promote her order
>>
>>45968311
>finds out her deity is a a cis male
>>
>>45968102
>>45968203

Maybe a tongue-in-cheek joke to how the MC of the Devil Went Down to Georgia won a gold fiddle after beating the devil at a fiddling contest, but still fucking awesome.

>The tiefling bard's dad is that fiddler, and owning the gold fiddle cursed his son into being a half demon

b a s e d
>>
>>45968203
Normally we would let him play that in a heartbeat. I'm not saying it isn't a great concept, it definitely is, but the setting we are playing is more Dark/Demon Souls-like grimdark shit. The guy is generally fun to play with, but he almost never takes a campaign seriously. He really wants to use the character though, so I'm trying to find a way to make it less comical.
>>
>>45968455
Just use >>45968420

The father traded his son's humanity for the gold fiddle and the baby was born a tiefling/half demon as a result. He's questing to restore his robbed humanity. He's a bit of a cheeky cunt because he's a tiefling. Grimdark stuff isn't as scary to you when you're literally half demon yourself.

Doesn't seem that comical to me.
>>
>>45968420
>>45968566
Thanks. I didn't see the first one till now, I'm on my cell and reception is shoddy
>>
>>45960556
In all honesty a Paladin of Feminism isn't that hard to make a good concept out of, so long as you don't subscribe to the belief that "Feminism" = "Female Supremacists" and the campaign's not combat-centric. First because that disclaimer is necessary before some /pol/ or -pill commentator is inevitably going to comment "But that's what it IS", second because the only societal changes you're going to make while your party wades ass-deep through a Kobold warren are a sharp decline in the combat-viable population and an economic collapse after everything of value that wasn't built into the den's foundations is looted for pawning.

Have the Paladin do what they can to get involved in the local (in-game) community's politics. From there, have him / her work on any of the bigger or more obvious things: Getting nitpicky is just going to frustrate your DM no matter what you're getting anal over, but if your DM includes something like a matriarchal Drow settlement where men are second-class / a patriarchal Wererat city where the females are resigned to the occupations of "Breeder" and "Wet Nurse", and there's a Paladin in the party who - shock and awe - finds such things against their ethos and tries to change this status quo, they and the rest of the party really shouldn't be surprised.

"I'm shocked - shocked I say! - that when I sent a party including a god-bothering Cleric of Oghma into a city where all but the most informal of educations is a capital crime for non-Nobles, the Cleric… tried to teach people to read! Tried to establish a personal school / library!" No fucking shit they did.
>>
>>45961104

A playfully unstable childlike necromancer fairy. Totally innocent to the concept of right and wrong, she just makes "friends" and plays with magic (bonus points for being able to work with most reasonable Paladins). She doesn't even understand the concept of sexuality let alone the point of it, and any That Guy/That GM that tries to educate her is going to have a seriously bad time.
>>
>>45961694

Oh come on, that's just basic thieves guild fodder.
>>
>>45961246
Father was a corrupt human vampire hunter who raped her mother. The dishonor of having a half-blooded child forced her bloodline out of nobility. Killing him will restore honor, but she is starting to realize that being considered "honorable" in vampire society may not be so great.
>>
>>45961943

Vampiric monster slayer looking for redemption. He's trying to justify the fact that he stole someone's corpse by using their body to kill evil shit, even though he's technically a manifestation of evil himself.
>>
>>45961694
Is it considered edgy if your first kill was 14?

Does being an underhive ganger help?
>>
File: shinobips2-tate.png (258 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
shinobips2-tate.png
258 KB, 640x448
>>45964625
>Use Mind Blast
>Sheath sword
>Draw cut on the stunned enemies
>Sheath the sword once again
>>
>>45969259
Killing at young age is bound to be edgy to some degree. If it's more of a emotionally traumatic experience, then it's less so.
>>
>>45960191
>Come up with the dumbest, most "That Guy"-sounding character roll

DPS.
>>
>>45969259
That makes you a pussy/slow developer.
>>
File: 1441263962259.jpg (222 KB, 500x713) Image search: [Google]
1441263962259.jpg
222 KB, 500x713
>>45961738
but my 5e cleric-warlock can use her action to shoot empowered eldrich blasts and her bonus action to waste all of her spell slots on being a heal-slut magical girl.
>>
>>45961826
i fucking lost it as 11 in vainy horsecock
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.