[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is no time, and you need to create quest. What will you do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
There is no time, and you need to create quest.

What will you do?
>>
>>45959806
"Did you hear about the circus coming to town? They have something very special planned they say!"

And then i get to flipping through the book to see what manner of monster they got drugged and is going to start murdering people so the party can kill it and find out who released the beast.
>>
Make up another story about a guy who feels wronged by his community and tries to sell it out to the outsiders. That seems to be the only thing I could come up with recently.
>>
>>45959806
A player character gets mugged and robbed.
>>
Kill ten rats.
>>
Someone has gone missing, connection to an npc the PCs know.
>>
>>45959806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOAz4nPNvLI
>>
>>45959806

"A vagabond vomits all over your armour upon approaching you begging for coin. He/she find it funny, and can't stop from laughing. "
>>
>>45959806

"You have caught syphilis. No, it doesn't matter if you are a holy virgin. "
>>
>>45959806

Fetch me thirty buffalo horns!
>>
>>45959971
>kill then skeletons in a ruin
>return home
>you have syphilis

Fucking Darkest Dungeon
>>
>>45959806
"As you bed down for the night, mists begin to envelop the town".

I then proceed to try to make it as strange as possible, leaf them through maps that lean on themselves, and strain my memory to find something that I remember that affects dreams. Maybe come up with something new. Some kinds of horrifying puppeteer controlling the townsfolk, who've been dead for weeks, possibly years. They just haven't been allowed to rot yet.
>>
>>45959806
>There is no time

Somebody set us up the bomb.
>>
I have a deck of location cards
I have a deck of monster and NPC cards
I have a deck of item cards

Shuffled them all seperately and deal out a card from each.

>Cemetary
>Beastmen
>Royalty
>Chaos Artifact

A group of beastmen are planning to sacrifice a nobles daughter using a chaos artifact tonight in a graveyard just outside the city.

Do a random google search for a graveyard RPG map. Print it out.

Determine where the characters will enter, where the ceremony will take place. Determine alternate routes, and section off each area in chunks. Roll 1d4-1, that is how many beatmen are in each are on patrol.

The whole process takes about 15 minutes.
>>
>>45960020
There are few nice scenes in Beneath the Nightmare Castle choose your own adventure book.

One where you stop a fight at docks and discover that freight crates are full of severed heads, one where you are out late and get attacked by tentacle tongued dogs and one where you meet a chained and gagged person and if you free her she grows mout tentacles and tries to eat your face.
>>
>>45959986
An assassination mission, assassinate 15 buffalo
>>
File: Boreale_profile(3).jpg (17 KB, 283x284) Image search: [Google]
Boreale_profile(3).jpg
17 KB, 283x284
>>45959806
THERE IS NO TIME TO BE LOST
BATTLE BROTHERS
>>
>>45960077
I dont have these cards, but arent there some random tables similar to that? I guess it would help me a lot.

And thank you all for your ideas, I guess I will come up with something from these suggestions.
Btw, all the players agreed to have amnesia, which is a great utility for me.
>>
Another group of adventurers found a throne that emits green magic from it. Bad guys want to sit on it but the good guys won't let them.

Beware, skeletons.
>>
>>45960132
Buffalo 15 buffalo.
>>
>>45960284
Do they have to be Buffalo buffalo or will any buffalo do?
>>
>>45960284
Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo, buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
>>
Flip open DandD wiki and click "random page" and try to make a adventure out of it.
>>
>>45960302
They have to be buff buffalo from Buffalo. Preferably at a buffet.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.