[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dawn of war thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1321816845062.jpg (25 KB, 550x470) Image search: [Google]
1321816845062.jpg
25 KB, 550x470
>play dawn of war 2 campaign
>it's easy as shit, breeze through with very little difficulty, even the superbosses
>enjoy it, so play dawn of war 1
>it's easy as shit, breeze through with very little difficulty, even the final stage
>enjoy it, so play dawn of war soulstorm for dark eldar
>it's easy as shit, breeze through with very little difficulty aside from the chaos stronghold and the sisters territories because I didn't take out one of their bases immediately
>enjoy it, but find myself interested in the IG
>play winter assault
>mfw the difficulty spike
jesus christ, it's only the third mission and I'm already just getting overwhelmed immediately. what the fuck?

is dark crusade this hard?
>>
Depends on the order you do stuff, DC and SS both have a map and you basically have to kill every other faction, some of the specific capital killing missions are hard, other then that it is just tedious.
>>
>>45957305
WA is kind of the red headed step child. I really like the IG Commander in that one and it's a shame he didn't return, thiugh
>>
>>45957362
>WA
>hard

C U C K
U U
C C
K K
>>
>>45957305
>>45957362
>WA
>hard

I swear you must have done the stupid thing and played both sides in a campaign simultaneously.
>>
>>45957305
The only hard part in WA was when you were -forced- to assault like four bomb trukks as Eldar with a few banshee, guardian, and ranger squads.

That was really more tedius than anything, sitting around for a tiny bit and letting your req build so you know you'd have the resources to constantly reinforce losses.
>>
>>45957305
>is dark crusade this hard?

Nah its easy.

Max out the difficulty settings then come back and tell us how you did.
>>
>>45957305
Such is life in Imperial Guard.
None of the DoW's is particularly hard, but some are annoying
>>
Reminder if you aren't playing Dawn of War Soulstorm with Ultimate Apocalypse + Tyranid + Daemons + Grey Knights mods combined, you are not having the ultimate 40k vidya experience
>>
>>45958450
I have one of those buddies that pretends Soulstorm doesn't exist. I've not played with any of the mods, but I've already told him it was modded up the wazoo to make it good. And that we should not forget the failures lest we become less vigilant.
>>
>can't get the skirmish or army painter to work in any pirated DoW II version
Complete bullshit
>>
>>45958576
>pirating DoW
It goes on sales so frequently you have no justification for that.
Like, it's on sale on Steam right now.
>>
>>45957305
>taking Hyperion peaks on hard
Literally the hardest mission in the series
>>
>>45958604
I'm not paying 5€ and installing Steam just to change a few colors on the SM and IG and then possibly get bored of the skirmish after a few matches. And I ain't playing online, the matches seem boringly stupid in my opinion
>>
>>45957305
>what the fuck?
git gud

if you don't get a pat on the back from Chaplain Varnus at the end of it you're literally the worst.
>>
>>45958752
>Army painter not worth 5bux
>AI matches not worth 5bux
>Multiplayer not worth 5bux

why are you even playing this game
>>
>>45958793
Just reread the post m8. I won't spend 5€ and fucking with Steam just to try out the skirmish and then quitting if it isn't as fun as other RTS games.
>>
>>45958752
POOR FAG
O
O
R

F
A
G
>>
There is a new free necron overlord dlc for the arena mode of DoW2 guys. Pretty strong character imho. I wish they would fully rework this mode and also give us some pvp action.
>>
>>45958892
Rich people don't stay rich by throwing their money away.
>>
File: Trazyn.jpg (17 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Trazyn.jpg
17 KB, 256x256
>>45958857
>not willing to randomly spend money on silly shit he may not even like just to put colours on it
I think 40k may not be for you.
>>
>>45958916
You've got to spend money to make money.

Also what rich asshole can't aford to part with 5 dollars for a game that will give them hours of entertainment?
>>
>>45957305
Why the fuck didn't they fix everything in DoW? The Requisition system was bullshit, and units should have been pre-determined for both sides.
>>
>>45958916
Poor people don't become rich by pinching actual pennies while complaining on the internet. Shit's five bucks, dude.
>>
>>45957819
Different anon, Winter assault was fun shit for order, but Chaos had the land raider mission real bad.

I still haven't managed to finish Winter Assault as Orks, that mission is impossible for me because for some reason I start with absolutely 0 resource.
>>
>>45959162
Yeah.

When I played Chaos, I went with Berzerkers and Berzerked hard.

In the case of Orkz, I tried to build up some requisition and power for some upgrades and then Waaagh!!!-ed. I let Gorgutz take on the Avatar.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.