[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Magnus did nothing wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Magnus.jpg (589 KB, 1280x1785) Image search: [Google]
Magnus.jpg
589 KB, 1280x1785
Reminder that Magnus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>45953985
except having no sense of style
>>
>>45953985
I like how nobody can figure out whether Magnus is Egyptian-influenced or Aztec/Mayan-influenced.
>>
File: Suddenly Daemons.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Suddenly Daemons.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>45953985
Well...... Not intentionally.
>>
>>45954013
and no grace
>>
>>45954013

People can bitch and troll about whether it's his fault or not or if he knew what he was doing or not or whether the terms levied against him and his were fair or not, but ain't nobody going to be able debate with sincerity that Magnus has no sense of style.
>>
>>45953985
Literally ruined everything everywhere for ten thousand years

He accomplished a fuck up so huge that it took the Eldar millions of years to match in size
>>
>>45954519
Ah what?
>>
File: fuck outta here.jpg (70 KB, 840x950) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here.jpg
70 KB, 840x950
>>45953985
>>
>>45955362

At first I was confused as to why that would be a continuous trap, but then the genius of it struck me, cuz you want dat nigga to STAY gone.
>>
>>45953985
Gentlemen, behold the Demon Prince of nofuckingfashionsense.
>>
>>45953985

> Barbarian/Egyptian fusiion above the belt
> Turkish inspired below

10/10 high imperial fashion
>>
>>45953985
I dunno. What he did to Kallimakus was pretty fucked up, and that was pure loyalist Magnus.
>>
>>45953985
So what would have happened had Magnus actually done nothing wrong?

Him destroying the webway is understandable as he thought warning the Emperor of Horus's betrayal was worth the risk. It wasn't but ok.

However what if he had never turned to Tzeentch? What if he instead asked the Emperor why he deserved to be destroyed? Why send his brother to kill him when he had offered no fight? Would the space wolves have been forgiven by the Emperor and the Imperium?
>>
>>45953985
>dey see me rollin'
>dey hatin'
>>
Did magnus ever figure out that Horus was one who changed the orders?
>>
>>45957038
>caring about mortals
I wish he'd killed all those people right off the bat so I wouldn't have to keep reading about them for the entire book.
>>
File: 1448834935255.png (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448834935255.png
24 KB, 400x400
Magnus did a ton wrong. Why not talk about people who actually did nothing wrong, like Uzas
>>
I made this thread last week and got no replies, because I'm a fag.

Seriously, fuck the Edict of Nikaea. And fuck unleashing those illiterate savages on Prospero.
>>
>>45957397
>the Edict of Nikaea
Definitely one of the stupidest bits of HH lore. You know Big E made a mistake when even the Lion disregards it.
>>
>>45957951
Traitors disregarding Imperial edicts is hardly convincing, anon.
>>
>>45957397
Yeah, the last thing Big E should've done is sent Russ to do that. Even without fucked up orders by Horus there was plenty of chance Russ fucks shit up out of sheer spite despite Magnus surrendering immediately.
>>
>>45954519
The Terran warphole is fucking nothing compared to what the Eldar did.
>>
>>45953985
Magnus did plenty wrong. But he always tried to do what was right with what he had to work with.

It's what makes him one of the better Primarchs. His fall is a tragic one, and understandable. Well, more understandable then magic angry nails anyway.
That said he still fucked up royally.
>>
>>45954519
Are you comparing the Eye of Terror, a rip in the very fabric of reality and space time that spans several hundred light years
to a tiny hole in on Terra that can actually be held shut
>>
>>45953985
man Magnus sure look weird compare to most Primarch
>>
so why couldn't magnus send a message the old fashioned way again?

or go to terra to warn him in person?
>>
>>45958690
He wanted to show the Emperor that banning psykers was a bad idea. And what better way of doing it then by exposing the corruption of his favourite son to chaos.

So all he had to do was knock down the Emperors petty wards and expose the truth and now the webway project is made out of demons.
>>
>>45958690
>>45958709

Also he was kinda under house arrest. I think.
>>
>>45958690
he think that it's too urgent to delay
and the old fashioned way is too easy to fuck up like the time horus mess with Russ order
also didn't the "old fashioned way" involved psykers which he ban or only SM psykers is ban?
>>
>>45958735
I think he was in self-imposed seclusion after Nikea, but I'm not 100% on that.

>>45958690
Actually going could have taken ages, he wasn't sure about the established channels (seeing as he knew Horus had turned) but mostly it was him wanting to prove he's right.

>>45958063
Russ did try to contact Magnus, but chaos had infiltrated enough to interfere.

Really the whole thing was a masterstroke for chaos, despite the actual good intentions of both primarchs (though Russ has been made less obnoxiously aggressive in the more recent tellings, and Magnus doesn't actually tell his legion to surrender, thinking they won't accept that. Though given how much he inherited of his father's arrogance that's a reasonable assumption of his sons)
>>
>>45958824
Astropaths and the like were still allowed, because not even the Emperor is stupid enough to forbid his empire's only reliable method of travel and communication.
>>
>>45958894
>Actually going could have taken ages
true but worst case scenario you've got one extra loyalist legion at terra when horus attacks
>>
>>45958904
also rune priests were still allowed. and whatever their equivalent was for the white scars.

so so long you didn't call yourself a psyker you were cool. thats why they later started calling themselves librarians. because Nikaea didn't ban Librarians or reading.
>>
>>45958926
Most legions ignored the Edict. It was more of a warning for all the Primarchs to stop all shit that was going on, and that if the umps had to get involved again someone was getting [REDACTED].
>>
>>45958910
True, but Magnus really wanted to prove he was right, and he did feel he was pressed for time.

Honestly, his biggest fuckup was not delivering the message when he realised how badly he messed up.
>>
>>45958969
BL retcon anon. If you feel it doesn't make sense its probably because BL rewrote it for 'character development'. Just do what most people do go by the codex fluff.
>>
>>45958979
Honestly I think it works

Magnus wanting to be proven right when he tells dad that Horus is a traitor is totally in character.

The spilling of his spaghetti less so, but there has to be a reason the heresy didn't end then and there.

And why the Sons didn't surrender/Magnus didn't tell them also sorta works, though only if you accept that Magnus and his sons are all arrogant SoBs and know it
>>
>>45959040
There was a reason in the old fluff, Russ. Russ convinced the Emperor that Magnus was the traitor because he had always despised his red brother. The Emperor not wanting to believe his favourite son had betrayed him sends Russ to receive Magnus for questioning. Horus then unleashes Russ on Magnus like Russ had always wanted.

They changed it because BL are loyalist fanboys. Look at how the loyalist are treated compared to the Traitors. Cruze, Pert, Fulcrim and Magnus are all treated horribly by BL whilst Russ, Lion and Guilliman are handed reasons why that dindu nothin every new book.
>>
>>45959077
you know they wouldn't need to bend over backwards looking for reasons why russ, the lion and Rob were absent if they didn't stretch the heresy into a 7 year war.

originally it was a mad blitz on Terra by the Traitors that happened before the other loyalists could properly react.

but i guess you can't stretch that into 50 books.
>>
>>45959138
>50 books
Lol yeah pretty much.
>>
File: LizaM.jpg (86 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
LizaM.jpg
86 KB, 250x250
>>45957397

Except the Edict of Nikea was a real thing - under a slightly different name - as were Imperial brute squads sent to put down rogue legions. What sociology freshmen overlook in these threads is that the Imperium was AT WAR, so all their Dr Phil homilies about daddy hugs and toilet training mean nothing.

The force's Supreme Commander ORDERED Mags & Co not to experiment - or study - areas forbidden under their Rules of Engagement - these things are NOT suggestions in a war footing - and Mags & Co not only said "yessir" as was proper, they further swore an oath to their CinC (possibly to avoid having REMF snoops monitor their compliance).

Not only did Mags disobey direct orders and his RoE. Mags, Ahriman and others are manifestly oath-breakers. Beyond this, consorting with daemons is a war crime punishable by being represented by shitty models on the TT.

Nothing wrong?
I feel bad for you, son.
>>
>>45958969
Yeah I think the "he was so upset that he fucked up that he ran away and didn't deliver his message" is a pretty big plot hole that they just accepted to otherwise justify his forced position.

Cuz if he actually delivered the message, along with telling Big E that he had to say so INSTANTLY because Horus is about to get thousands of years of instant super chaos training and powerups and is coming knocking Big E would've smacked his shit for breaking the Webway but mobilized immediately.

Can't really have that and still have the story play out like they want, so it's easier to just make Magnus blunder at the finish line.
>>
>>45960342
Magnus nodded his head and rolled his eyes because he knew it was hypocritical bullshit. It completely neuters his entire Legion and Emps was obviously going to give deference to his fucking favored sons like Russ' stupid priests who do the same shit but out of ignorance (which, hey, retconned to "GENETIC RESISTANCE" or whatever). Or, you know, Emps was going to keep doing the same shit.

Magnus knew the entire ordeal was because people didn't like how him and his legion operated -- despite doing way less harm than many others -- because they were weirder. Emps didn't want to deal with it so just shut it down, hoping he could complete the Webway soon and put Magnus' focus on that, without causing a schism. It was either piss Magnus off (who he figured could take it) or piss off like 5 of his other sons. He made the right call but Magnus wasn't wrong, either. And everything would've been fine!

Then Horus got fucked up and everything went to shit.
>>
>>45959040
I think it's easy enough to bullshit him not finishing the message with "he just accepted a deal of power from Tzeentch and Tzeentch played his mind."

I mean it was a big convoluted mess that required odd happenstance/stupid decisions to end up with Magnus falling into his hands. Perfectly fits Tzeentch's MO.
>>
>>45954294
Fuck nah he got bitching style

You can rock anything if you have the right build and attitude
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.