[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/btg/ - Battletech General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
The /btg/ is dead, long live /btg/!

Fleshed-out Worlds Edition.

Old Thread: >>45923044

===================================

>/btg/ does a TRO:
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam) spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx (embed)

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
http://megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
I quite like the Zeus X and its Dark Age variants. No, really.
>>
File: locust.jpg (134 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
locust.jpg
134 KB, 800x571
>>45953031
And I like the Locust.
>>
>>45953031
And I like the Jihad/Dark Age shit mechs. It doesn't matter if they suck, they suck in such expensive ways you always fun playing them, for better or worse
>>
File: 19_Arrastia10LGArgus01.jpg (27 KB, 375x400) Image search: [Google]
19_Arrastia10LGArgus01.jpg
27 KB, 375x400
somethingth for something

Image related. Have we seen updates for the old Argus/Thanatos/Uziel for 3145+?

I have no idea how popular they were in tabletop form but they were staples for a good part of Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries.
>>
>>45952816
HAHAHA BUTTE HOLD
>>
>>45953161
Check Sarna.net, I'm sure there's a bunch of variants that modernize them. I know for a fact the Uziel is still viable.
>>
Gas the Caps race war now
>>
>>45953241
>still viable

A lot of mechs are still viable in 3145+ even without updates.
>>
>>45953031
As a Lyran player I say without any sarcasm, the -X3 is the best scout mech the Lyrans have ever made.
>>
>>45943991
>Guys in your opinion what are the best 8 mechs of 3145?
Limiting myself to one for each factional TRO:

Mercs: Vulture Mk IV.
CC: Tian Zong.
DC: Tenshi.
FS: Black Knight.
FWL: Carronade.
LC: Viking IIC.
Clans: Tomahawk II
RotS: Doloire
>>
Lie-rans confirmed for cucked
>>
>>45954163
tough talk for a faction that was literally cucked to death by a cheap 40k ripoff meme faction
>>
>>45954410
>implying I'm a purple boid
>>
File: 1401078191667.jpg (198 KB, 854x1000) Image search: [Google]
1401078191667.jpg
198 KB, 854x1000
>>45954447
purple bird get fucked
>>
File: fuck world league.jpg (198 KB, 574x555) Image search: [Google]
fuck world league.jpg
198 KB, 574x555
>>45954447
>>45954459
I am sorry for both playing MWO and the terrible joke.

Both of those are lies.

I regret nothing.

Except for a lot of other things.

Seriously, a large amount of things. But not this.
>>
>>45954410
>cheap 40k ripoff meme faction
>Implying the Word of Blake isn't the true ComStar, uncucked by the successor states
>>
>>45954410
At least they remembered us this time
>>
>>45953669
My fellow purveyor of fine Steiner noble-lady posterior, I am inclined to agree with this assessment.
>>
File: Shadow Hawk SHD-11T.png (47 KB, 564x1024) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Hawk SHD-11T.png
47 KB, 564x1024
Thoughts on the Warhammer-11T?
I'm an old taurian fan who's just recently started looking at the post-jihad taurian designs and I kinda like it, though I feel like the IJJs are kinda holding it back
thoughts?
also, have a shad inspired by 3085 taurian designs
>>
>>45954713
MWO owns, never apologize
>>
>>45955368

>Thoughts on the Warhammer-11T?

5 Jump, 2 SN-PPCs, SRM-5, 2 ER MLs?

Not seeing any problems. It's like a 5/8/5 medium except better.
>>
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177334/BattleTech-Touring-the-Stars-BoneNorman

Behold: a Touring the Stars about a planet that's still inhabited!
>>
>>45957696

>Hey guys, I want to write a Touring the Stars book about a world in the Jade Falcon OZ!
>Oh neat, like Twycross or Sommerset or Winfield or Wotan or Apollo, somewhere something cool happened?
>What? No. I want to write about Bone Norman!

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>45957732
>>45957696
>Bone Norman

wait what
>>
>>45957732
I'd like to write about Bone Norman if you catch my meaning.
>>
>>45957786

It's a world in the Jade Falcon OZ.

The most significant thing I can think of that happened there was the Falcons invading it in the early '50s.

Meanwhile right next door is Apollo, the fucking former capital world of the Rim Worlds Republic.

But why would you want to write about a world that would have been the centre of the RWR's industry and commerce, where Kerensky fought and staged from and all that shit when you can instead write about, you know, Bone Norman.

This whole series is doing my head in. They have an opportunity to flesh out House and regional capital worlds, places like Kentares or Hesperus or Misery that are of historical significance, Chaos March worlds for RP hooks... and they pick dead worlds and places at the ass end of nowhere instead.

>>45957794

I don't, what do you mean?
>>
>>45957696
Mediafire anon here
No way I'm buying this one! I'll spend the money on candies or something

By the way, I realized something. The last TtS was full of real life references. There will be a TtS Butte Hold. /btg/ memed up Butte Hold. CGL not only knows about btg but also dislike us.

Who wants to bet that TtS Butte Hold will reference the terrible btg people?
>>
>>45957732
If they're doing the LC, I'd love to see some of the more odd stuff they had in the old Steiner book. Like Rahne where half the time you couldn't go outside because the planet was so close to its star and everyone lived underground, or that one Yed where there was that Shinto shrine uprising, or Kooken's Pleasure Pit (or that space mafia gamblin' planet) for the Space Las Vegas stuff.

I literally don't remember anything other about Bone Norman that the JF invaded it and there were missions set on it in MW2.
>>
>>45958212
>Who wants to bet that TtS Butte Hold will reference the terrible btg people

>implying CGL has anyone better than Muninn, NEA, CA, 3A, etc
>>
>>45958212
>Who wants to bet that TtS Butte Hold will reference the terrible btg people?

It'll be something like "Butte Hold is home to a popular [name for BTech's Internet here] network populated by incredibly childish people who seem to do nothing but complain", or something like that...
>>
>>45958270
Well being better than CGL is not only not difficult but grounds to be considered "terrible" by them. Though I find it amusing that they hate us. I have to wonder why when their own forums are such putrescent shit.
>>
>>45953161
Uziel 8s is a nightmare for light mechs.
>>
>>45953031
I do too anon. Nothing to be ashamed about.
>>
>>45958212

>Who wants to bet that TtS Butte Hold will reference the terrible btg people?

I can see it now.

>Planetary Capital: "The OP". Butte Hold was never intended to be inhabited by humans, and was instead used as a layover point for military units that were mustering for deployment elsewhere. Over time a disreputable burg sprang up around the first military base on the planet, Original Post, and inherited its name.

>Inhabitants: Culture on Butte Hold is characterised by an aversion to identification, with the use of anonymising masks rife. Accusations of homosexuality and miscegenation are rife, and the only thing the typical inhabitants of Butte Hold can agree on is how much they hate everything else, especially their local overlords who can do no wrong despite being the sole reason the inhabitants of this dreadful rock can exist, gather, or even draw breath...

>Planetary flag: A Mackie with a Guy Fawkes mask and a pair of marital aids instead of the normal lower-chest mounted Medium Lasers

>mfw this is more imaginative and well-written than the official product
>>
>>45958270
https://mobile.twitter.com/bhrome/status/608600725569040385

Butte Hold is a pirate's planet, of course we will be one of the evil pirates!
>>
>>45958406
>fools discussing foolish things
Why does he talk about himself so? My my. Being so upset over us just proves that they revel in their censorship-laden playground, and can't handle dissension.
>>
File: best mechs.jpg (276 KB, 620x1309) Image search: [Google]
best mechs.jpg
276 KB, 620x1309
So, i'm a bt newb and i wanted to have a list of good mech variants from the introductory box. All of these are tournament legal, are they all good or are some of them bad? Would you guys like to add some variants you think are really good?
>>
>>45958543

Firestarter and Firestarter Omni are two completely different 'Mechs, ditto the 65 and 70-ton JagerMechs.

Enforcer and Enforcer III are also technically different machines even though they weigh the same and probably have other commonalities (manufacturer, parts, etc- I don't know for sure).

But BT doesn't get too aggro about proxying unless you're playing a hardcore REEEEEE type or are at a tournament.
>>
>>45958485
>>45958406
dan sweikata
Jun 10
dan sweikata @itstehpope
@bhrome @pianobar77 I've just been busy watching my life fall apart honestly.
Ben H. Rome
Jun 10
Ben H. Rome @bhrome
@itstehpope @pianobar77 It'll get better Dan. Really. Just hang in there.
>>
>>45957895
>Meanwhile right next door is Apollo, the fucking former capital world of the Rim Worlds Republic.
>But why would you want to write about a world that would have been the centre of the RWR's industry and commerce, where Kerensky fought and staged from and all that shit when you can instead write about, you know, Bone Norman.
>This whole series is doing my head in. They have an opportunity to flesh out House and regional capital worlds, places like Kentares or Hesperus or Misery that are of historical significance, Chaos March worlds for RP hooks... and they pick dead worlds and places at the ass end of nowhere instead.
Thirty years of BT books, anon. To quote Councillor Udina, "Do the words 'fact-checking nightmare' mean anything to you?"
>>
>>45958613
Yeah I know. "Oh god we're so much better than these people hurr durr MY LIFE IS IN SHAMBLES DD: "

Insecure griping from insecure chumps.
>>
>>45958618

>implying they give a shit about fact-checking

Besides Apollo really hasn't been covered much. At most they'd need to look at the Jade Falcon SB for when they captured it, the old Star League Sourcebook to see if anything was said, and then word-search the Liberation of Terra books.

It's not like they'd need to crawl through every book ever written.

Same for other worlds.

And I'm just some schmoe posting on 4Chan, I'm not their Exalted High Master Of Fact-Checking, Roosterboy.

I *still* know where to look, which is more than can be said for them going by a lot of what they write.
>>
>>45958653
This is why when you write a game that happens over worlds and systems, not countries and continents, you always keep any and all world fluff in self-contained books for reference, much like the system I proposed earlier in the thread of releasing TtS-type books that cover several worlds, in series, and bundled by locale and theme. Boom, all your shit is in an encyclopedia. You just open that bitch up and look, and can add as needed.
>>
>>45958693
To be fair, BT worlds and systems are effectively cities.
>>
>>45958720
That's actually fairly true.
>>
>>45958720
And the entire setting might as well be a dozen planets or so
>>
>>45958741
You could probably get away with three planets if you really wanted.

IS on one, periphery on a second, less developed one, and Clans from a third.
>>
File: Black-Lion-3.jpg (360 KB, 1889x1000) Image search: [Google]
Black-Lion-3.jpg
360 KB, 1889x1000
>>45954459
Just realized how appropriate that sketch has become for 3145.

Black Lion done. Supposedly the Texas is up next.
>>
>>45958741
You know I always thought that, given the level of resources on a single planet, you really could have shrunk the IS by 50% and it'd be much more plausible. Successor States don't need hundreds of worlds; dozens will do.
>>
>>45958746
Should get your stream on again sometime. Looks pretty good.
>>
File: McKenna-3.jpg (275 KB, 1591x1100) Image search: [Google]
McKenna-3.jpg
275 KB, 1591x1100
McKenna again for anyone that missed it.
>>
>>45958755
Yeah, it''s really quite ludicrous that realms with hundreds of planets have maybe three or four major defense manufacturers and MAYBE a dozen minor ones.
>>
>>45958745
>Clans return from exodus
>The two planets they left behind are now radioactive husks
Eyyyyyyy
>>
>>45958796
It's less the number of manufactures and more the number of facilities. Especially when you get into fluff talking about weapons or components being used to make something being imported from another planet, given the time and expense jumpship travel is suppossed to entail.

FASAnomics!
>>
>>45958805
Better to be radioactive vapour than clanner scum, Shimmy
>>
>>45958832
Yeah by manufacturers I meant he individual facilities.

Also ridiculous is the way in which all these realms at war trade weapon systems with the people they're fighting.
>>
>>45958805
Well, if we're being that picky they'd probably be dead husks or close to it before Kerensky ever left. I'm not even sure if they'd make it through the early Age of War.
>>
>>45958832
Yeah it'd be one thing if these worlds were like, some kind of fortress world with huge factory complexes, instead of basically a fucking Ford plant that takes up a few hundred acres. But they are the latter, so it makes little to no sense for the game to take place on so many worlds. Still, I suppose it does lend itself to making very diverse worlds, and the trouble in commuting between them really gives the setting the chance to shift and change a bit more. When you can just fly over an ocean to fuck someone up, instead of across a few star systems, the threat is much more real. If the US had to sail its carriers 1000 light years to fuck with Iran, would they? Maybe. But why, when Iran couldn't even fuck with us, because being that damn far away makes any technological gap that much wider in terms of travel and logistics. Invading another system becomes the realm of the wealthy, and that's kinda where the setting's at, really.
>>
>>45958869
>Also ridiculous is the way in which all these realms at war trade weapon systems with the people they're fighting.
I think at least some of that goes to the beginning of the setting, where parts and shit were harder to come by and Star League leavings where the bulk of everybody's forces. So if you ban exports for something other folks need, they just do the same to shit you need.
>>
I must of missed where /btg/ crapped on Ben's lawn.
>>
>>45959205
That faggot can't handle a little friendly ribbing. At least Herb had a backbone. A small and crooked one, but better than nothing.
>>
>>45958635

You know, I don't even remember what prompted that. But as NEA can confirm, 2015 was pretty bad - The November to Janurary I had about 9 grand in emergency expenses.
>>
What's the first sourcebook where Stone and his Kittery resistance show up?
>>
>>45959897

I want to say JHS3072
>>
>>45957895
>But why would you want to write about a world that would have been the centre of the RWR's industry and commerce, where Kerensky fought and staged from and all that shit when you can instead write about, you know, Bone Norman.

..well, that's interesting. Wouldn't that be a prime tourist world?
>>
>>45959787
Went and deleted your tweet, eh? I want to tell you to fuck off, but it would be like kicking a sad, desperate puppy.
>>
>>45960058

Actually I didn't, but it did remind me that I did need to lock my account down again.

Feel free to rage all you desire however.
>>
I like the Touring series if only for the maps. They had to start somewhere and better the more obscure planets.
>>
>>45960186

So if you're the UrbiePope, who's the Anti-Christ?
>>
>>45958746

>Texas
Yes please Shimmy! My favorite spacecock gets a face lift.
>>
>>45960282

That pretty much covers it.
>>
File: JFSB - Bone Norman.png (34 KB, 366x308) Image search: [Google]
JFSB - Bone Norman.png
34 KB, 366x308
>>45957732
>>45957895
>>45958227
Given the apparent limits of the TtS series, Bone Norman seems like an optimal choice.

Places which require substantial fact-checking kinda ruins the idea of a high speed, low drag product, and TtS aren't set up to handle a "cool" place like Apollo anyways - the kinds of information you'd want are exactly what the first two glossed over and ignored. At least with Bone Norman, they'll actually expand on what's already known instead of shorting it, and the kinds of information TtS do add will actually help to run a guerilla campaign.

>>45958390
Yeah. But one can always dream.

>>45958653
Important facts turn up in weird and unexpected places, anon. Not to mention you can't just look for "Apollo," you should be checking every reference to Rim Worlds politics, and examining implications of Lyran relations with the Periphery.

>>45958693
The "encyclopedic approach" is why shit's so hard to find in the Core Rulebooks, anon.
>>
Were there any other mercenary units besides the Martian Cuirassiers that originated from the Sol system?
>>
>>45958390

>Planetary flag: A Mackie with a Guy Fawkes mask and a pair of marital aids instead of the normal lower-chest mounted Medium Lasers

I'm so sad FD has forsaken us. This would be an awesome OP image.
>>
>>45952816

What would happen if I replaced the Medium Laser on the Scimitar Light Tank with an AC/20?
>>
>>45962483
That's... not how tonnage works, friend.

You might wanna look at the Saladin if you really wanna know.
>>
>>45962483
Well, nothing, since the Scimitar has no Mlas. But if it had one, your design would be horribly overweight and the structure would probably collapse once you tried to move it. A Mlas weighs at most 4.5 tons (1 base, 3 for sinks on a vehicle, .5 for power amps). An AC/20 is 14 tons before ammo.
>>
>>45958769
>>45958746
what's the deal with those? fan comissions?
>>
>>45955368
That shad looks like it'd be incredibly annoying to deal with, like an overweight spider
>>
>>45963416
iJJs on anything faster than 4/6 tends to be pretty annoying to deal with.
Stupid sexy Uziel 8S
>>
File: uziel (2).jpg (206 KB, 800x1010) Image search: [Google]
uziel (2).jpg
206 KB, 800x1010
>>45964606
my favorite Uziel
I'm so glad this lil nigga still exists in Dark Age
>>
I'm newish to the Dark Age era. What are some standard Republic of the Spere 'Mechs?
>>
>>45964717
I always think of the Prefect, when people mention the Republic. Maybe just because it was on the cover of 3085, but that's my "republican 'mech" mental image.
>>
File: Field Manual 3085.jpg (825 KB, 1566x1622) Image search: [Google]
Field Manual 3085.jpg
825 KB, 1566x1622
>>45964717
it depends. One of the worst things about RotS (FIY I like them) is the lack of tabletop personality. They use a shitload of different mechs and even its RAT is incredible big.

Some of the mechs more related to the Republic are:
Light
>Blade
>Jackalope

Medium
>Osprey (pic related)
>Thunder Fox

Heavy
>Prefect (pic related)
>Lament

Assault
>Malice
>Doloire

They also have the superheavy Ares. If you want to create a "flavored" Republic lance I would pick one of these mechs, a random common clan mech, a random common IS mech, and whatever the fck you want.
>>
>>45953161
>Argos update.
Yup, it's called the Vulpes.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
I found the hebrew bt box
>>
>>45966597

Diamond shark approved
>>
File: RollingThunderSA.jpg (130 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
RollingThunderSA.jpg
130 KB, 900x900
>>45966597
>that logo on the leg
ROLLING THUNDER
>>
>>45966597
>oy vey, it's like annuda fall of the star league!
>>
>>45964700
>Hey, what if we took the Wraith
>and made it even more annoying, and incapable of overheating
It's a piece of art. Not to mention it has ECM for the Jihad-era battlefield.
>>
>>45967199
It's also bloody cheap for what it does, that's my beef with it.
>>
You know what I miss about the Jihad? All the mercs the WoB used. It felt like after decades irl of being pushed into the background except for a couple of big names, the average merc was getting a chance to remind the IS that he's still dangerous, still able to change history.
>>
>>45968128
too bad they killed them off

at least the Northwind Highlanders, Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons survived
>>
>>45968329
>Hounds survived
You haven't been watching the 3145 events, have you?
>>
>>45968364
>>45968329
>muh Martian Cuirassiers
>>
>>45968128
>>45968329

Killing off most of the big names did help the little guys though as no longer was it a case of 'why are we not just hiring Wolf's Dragoons?' from employers.

But it was one of those historical mirror things; as the big guys managed to become more active industrially and able to field larger armies on their own, the little guys got squeezed out.
>>
>>45968364
Like Callandre Kell keeping the unit alive?

>>45968379
wut
>>
>>45968421
Vanishing off into the Periphery with most of the unit dead is not keeping it alive.
>>
File: Zeus_X.jpg (442 KB, 1023x1021) Image search: [Google]
Zeus_X.jpg
442 KB, 1023x1021
>>45967990
So is the Wraith, and a lot more skirmisher/basktabber designs besides.

It also makes for the perfect mech to pair with a Zeus X3, if you want to be just insufferable
>>
>>45968442
You sound like a cliche super villain, assuming they're dead without bodies.

They were alive and raiding as of FM3145 and ER:3145. When did they vanish, presumed dead?
>>
>>45968549
TRO: 3150 provides hints of the fall of Arc Royal. The Falcons have seemingly crashed the Kell train with very few survivors.
>>
>>45968637
I don't know what it is but I've always found Jade Falcon really fucking boring as a faction and hate it when they get to do anything.
>>
>>45968800
Seconded teebeehaitch
>>
>>45968800
>Hating the Malvina Hazen reality TV show

I'm a pretty fucking big Steiner fan, and I am still enjoying every minute of this glorious trainwreck.
>>
>>45968421
Martian Cuirassiers were a relatively unknown merc unit, and they got killed off, and I miss them. What is complicated about this?
>>
>>45968907
CRASHING THIS WARSHIP
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>45968907
>I'm a pretty fucking big Steiner fan, and I am still enjoying every minute of this glorious trainwreck.

Shit, I'm a *Jade Falcon* fan, and likewise. Either CJF gets a glorious deathride instead of going out like utter bitches (see also: Jaguars, Smoked), or they get beat down by everyone else and get to work their way back up to relevance again.

Either way is going to be some good (potential) storytelling.
>>
I've decided to deploy my whole merc unit for my first anti-clan battle, even though I'm bending the AtB rules, because it's way more fun than slowly getting whittled down in light lance VS medium binary bullshit because AtB
so I'm going up against a heavy Star lead by
a fucking 1/2 Mad Cat B, and containing another MadCat, a C, PLUS a B and D Summoner and finally a Hunchback IIC (which will probably be my only kill), PLUS a full fucking elemental star PLUS a light Star.
wish me luck, guys
I'll be back with the horrific casualty reports
>>
File: 1457573607864.png (462 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1457573607864.png
462 KB, 750x500
>>45969016
>going out like utter bitches (see also: Jaguars, Smoked)
Jaguars went down to the death and literally defined an entire generation of Inner Sphere warriors and game players.

Going out like a bitch is more akin to the Nova Cats.

>>Of the military forces of the Nova Cats, there is little to say. None of them survived. The regiments of the DCMS were ruthless in tracking down every last Star and Point and showing no mercy to the defeated warriors. The sole cluster that managed to escape the Combine’s retribution made the mistake of crossing the border into the Rasalhague Dominion. Hailing the garrison at Rubigen, Star Colonel Yusuf Rosse requested asylum for his demoralized and exhausted warriors. Rather than answer them, the Bears mercilessly destroyed the incoming DropShips, and followed that up by seizing the Cats’ JumpShip and spacing the crew.

>defect to a successor state
>start a rebellion against that successor state instead of leaving
>get btfo
>try to surrender to the burrs
>everyone gets space
The laughs never end. At least people remember the Jaguars' last stand on Huntress.

>mfw nova cat civilians are all sterilized so the clan utterly dies
>>
>>45969160
>The Nova Cat civilians fared a little better than the warriors. At least they got to keep their lives. With no one to protect them, the civilian castes were rounded up and subjected to forced sterilization before being scattered across the Combine as members of the Unproductive class. Many committed suicide rather than face such a fate. Men, women, and children alike suffered at the hands of the DCMS and the people of the Combine—to their eternal shame—permitted and even encouraged it. The Coordinator never once spoke out against such treatment. In a few short decades, there will likely be no one left who can claim to have once been a proud Nova Cat.

Was this in Severen's visions?
>>
>>45969160
>yfw 1st Nova Cat Provisionals
We're not dead yet!
>>
>>45969016
>Either way is going to be some good (potential) storytelling.

This is why I tolerate you having factions that you like, whereas factionfaggotry for most people is a negative aspect to their character. You don't insist that your faction win everything forever, you acknowledge weakness and foibles in your factions, and you've repeatedly said and demonstrated you're looking for a good story first and foremost, even if it kills your factions.

That's what being a fan of a faction is supposed to be about, and it pains me that most Cappie and Suns fans are incapable of demonstrating that same long view (or wide view, I"m not sure which is the right analogy here).
>>
>>45969223
>maybe 45 warriors tops is all that's left
At least the Spirit Cats are cool and go back to their roots.
>>
>>45969315
Tbqh the most insufferable faction fans are purple birds.

I barely ever see Cappies or Sunners talk shit here.
>>
>>45969345
>I barely ever see Cappies or Sunners talk shit here.
because we chased the sunners off years ago and every time cappies talk shit they get so roasted they leave
>>
File: 1370965163279.png (81 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1370965163279.png
81 KB, 300x250
>>45969154
I am monitoring for this sitrep.
>>
>>45969315
What about ex-Cappies that quit the faction over Xin Sheng? Are we scum too? I miss being an underdog and hate being a pet faction of the writers. I'd have rather died logically than survive illogically.
>>
File: prince hanse.jpg (346 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
prince hanse.jpg
346 KB, 800x1164
>>45969410
>because we chased the sunners off years ago
Nah.
>>
>>45969526
well, the butthurt ones at least
>>
>>45969489
you guys don't count in the same way that non-medron taurianfags don't count
>>
>>45969438
sorry, AtB crashed to fuck, I'll try again in a bit
>>
>>45969546
I'll give you that.

Really the current FedSuns is the funnest it's been in years. I mean obviously we'll survive since Davion is the most popular so the writers won't kill us off, but it's damn exciting to watch.
I'm actually a little disappointed Caleb is already dead.
>>
>>45969345
the purple burds here were relatively low key until a few shitposters started trying to trigger them, and then they BTFO them. Now's it's just friendly joking.

>>45969410
The Suns fans on here have always been relatively low-key.

/btg/ had a survey a while ago, and Purple Burd had the most fans, followed by, iirc, Lyrans, Caps, Feddies, Dracs, and then the rest. But the Caps had far and away the most fanatical supporters.

Same thing seems to bear out on the OF, where there aren't actually that many people that support the Caps, but the few that do are extremely vocal.
>>
>>45969566
Hooray, validation. I look at factions as sports teams in this game; some people get really into sports, and some people get really into factions. Though I doubt you'll ever see anyone riot or burn cars over the FedSuns getting killed off or something. Angry tweets? Yeah sure. But impotent internet rage at most.

>>45969600
Aww. Bummer. That sounded like a fun time. I want to try AtB when I am settled into my new digs.
>>
>>45969706
>vocal minorities
Yeah when people are that loud it tends to make it sound like there are more of them than there really are. This is an issue with RL groups too.
>>
>>45969706
IIRC there's actually more Purple Burds than caps on the OF, but the Purple Burds just figure out what stuff is available to the new League while the Cappies express their suffering at all the successes of Hanse Davion and his descendants.
>>
>>45958769
Shimmy, can you post the version without the jumpsail? thanks in advance.
>>
>>45969410
>every time cappies talk shit they get so roasted they leave
Leaving just us quiet caps that don't care about these faction shitfights and those that agree with the thread's hivemind of "fuck the caps for ever not sucking".
>>
File: brofist3536544.jpg (25 KB, 478x468) Image search: [Google]
brofist3536544.jpg
25 KB, 478x468
>>45970734
>>
Just came in here to tell you what a pretty op pic you guys have.
>>
>>45971216

Thank you. It *is* actually pretty; I hadn't really looked closely before.

See >>45970791 for internet fistbump.
>>
File: McKenna-nosail.jpg (352 KB, 2054x1100) Image search: [Google]
McKenna-nosail.jpg
352 KB, 2054x1100
>>45962775
Yep, a couple times now fans have commissioned these types of redesign sketches. Shooting for coverage rather than just one or two nice paintings.

>>45970711
Sure thing.
>>
>>45971880
So if i were to comission a ship redraw would that bump that ship redraw up to the front of the line?
>>
Oh, we're still here
>>
File: WIP QT169.jpg (269 KB, 734x551) Image search: [Google]
WIP QT169.jpg
269 KB, 734x551
Been working on converting up more of the intro box mechs (basic stuff before I break out greenstuff). Tried adjust the Assassin to the ASN-99 version.

Also beefing up the Vindicator's arm and face to make it look more like various pictures. Needs more tweaking but it's just a start, maybe I should go for the VND-5L so the Assassin can have a Sword-bro?
>>
File: Headhunters Lance 01.jpg (432 KB, 1456x960) Image search: [Google]
Headhunters Lance 01.jpg
432 KB, 1456x960
>>45973867
Oh man, I bashed four Intro Box 'Mechs to have Hatchets and one was an Assassin. Godspeed, Anon.

5L Vindi mite b cool; you don't see many of them around. Also I love how the Assassin's sword looks like a machete or something; just a sharp hunk of metal. Feels pirate-y.
>>
>>45974022
That's pretty sexy
>>
>>45974086
Hard to see the Quickdraw's hatchet; it's mounted on the forearm like the Assassin's is. But thanks, Anon. Looking forward to seeing that Vindi and Assassin with some paint on them.
>>
File: 2009005Glam.jpg (45 KB, 306x594) Image search: [Google]
2009005Glam.jpg
45 KB, 306x594
>>45974022
That Banshee in particular definitely looks the part with that axe.

The sword was inspired by a messer or some forms of falchion (image related), I thought for a bit and realised that battletech mechs don't really do any fencing, something 'fine' seems kinda pointless (never liked the katana-carrying ones). So something proper dead choppy I think works better for them (like hatchets).
>>
>>45974022
>you came to the wrong planet clanner.hpg
>>
>>45974596
Ded choppy it is too. I thought about giving the Cyclops a larger hatchet, but I also wanted them to be different from each other, because they are scrap jockeys.

I agree that "thin" swords don't make much sense; for regular ones, you'll want it to be durable and chopping is still better than stabbing against ablative armor, so really swords are just weighted better to be easier to swing than hatchets. So maybe slap a pommel on yours? Could hang some chains off it to make it look more metal too. And then for vibroblades, you still want them to be choppy and durable because that just increases the performance, even though they don't rely on the 'Mech's "swing weight", so to speak.

>>45974650
>why clanners don't play double-blind.hpg
>>
>>45972154
Considering I'm only doing whatever people specifically commission, yes. I tend to slot little sketch piece like this in between my bigger work for a break from painting.
>>
Does CASE II work on vees?
>>
>>45975668
Vee CASE already works pretty much like CASE II
>>
Are there any good modifier "cheat sheets" out there? I'm introducing my RPG group to battletech and I want to make it as painless as possible.
Also, what are some good learner mechs for newbies? It'd also be helpful if they were decent campaign machines, so that my players could transition smoothly from intro games to campaign without switching mechs
>>
>>45977298
>cheat sheet
There is, I believe, two-sided modifier sheet that you get packaged with the Quick Start rules, if they are still handing those out for free. Alternately there may be a PDF somewhere of the one they pass out with the Intro Box.

>good starter 'Mechs
What era? Basically anything with lasers and one sizable weapon that uses ammo is a good start. You want them to learn heat management and ammo conservation.
>>
>>45977356
A Shad for very basics, then a Rifleman for heat management.
>>
>>45977356
>What era?
3040s, but TRO:3025 classic machines, in particular
There'll be 4-6 players, and I'm planning on teaching them as a lance, so a little more specialized than usual for starters is OK
>>
>>45973867
Sword is way too big
>>
>>45977512
Give em Vindies.
>>
>>45977298

I have something. Just give me a bit to strip out the house rules.
>>
>>45977552
Hey bro, I have a question for ya.

Can BA with mech JBs be dropped like ones with regular JJs?
>>
>>45977298
Pixie, shad, thud. Let everyone try all three. If anyone especially likes CQC, let them try a Hunchback, and give any long-rangers a try at an Archer. Once they've tried em all, have em pick one and go from there
>>
>>45977512
Vindicator
Grasshopper
Griffin
Zeus
Warhammer
Valkyrie
Panther

These are all good starters that have a fair balance of armor, firepower, heat, and ammo. In my opinion, anyway.
>>
>>45977749
>Grasshopper
>Griffin
>Zeus

I'd personally say that these three might be a bit too good to give out as single mechs.

Especially the Grasshopper, which you forgot to mention is also 100% bully.
>>
>>45977822
Yeah the Hopper might be too good with heat, now that you mention it. The Zeus at least relies on a fair amount of ammo and has light armor for an Assault, and the Griffin teaches you to manage your minimum ranges and how useful dictating combat range is.
>>
>>45977298

I print this on the back of all my mech sheets. It's got most of what you need for 3025 play. The tables you can cram onto SSW sheets if you select the right options are good as well, since they're on the front page and so nice and visible.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/357573/Battletech/Record%20Sheet%20-%20Mech%20%28Canon%29.docx
Note that the hit tables have floating crits. Easy to strip out if you don't use them.
>>
>>45977654

Afraid not. MJB don't help with falling in any way, IIRC. TacOps errata has this.
>>
>>45978343

Thank you Xotl
>>
>>45978372

No prob. Download it again though, because I cocked up the laser criticals.
>>
>>45978367
So when are you gonna fix that goof in TW?
>>
>>45975117
hmmm now where do I go to message you and throw money at?
>>
>>45978976
IRC?
DA?
>>
>>45978933

What goof in TW? If you mean boosters and TacOps, whenever the old printing sells out and they commission a new printing.
>>
>>45979029
I mean that one on page 116
at the bottom of the page
row 7, column 2
>>
File: JF haters gonna hate.jpg (86 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
JF haters gonna hate.jpg
86 KB, 500x333
>>45969016
When I play Clan, I play the Jade Falcons, but damn, Malvina Hazen's murderdeathkill invasion initially confused and infuriated me. I love that the green birds were arseholes, but they were reasonable arseholes, not like - for example - the Jags who consider the proper response to any slight is "Jaguar harder". Marthe Pryde's Falcons were my favourite Clan exactly because of the reasonable arsehole attitude. The raiding that ended at Coventry? Par for the course. The Incursion? Ditto. The "death or glory" Hazen assault felt more like Jagging harder after these.

Now, I just sit back and see just how badly it'll bite Malvina on her arse.

>>45968128
I'm still extraordinarily pissed off that the Legion of the Rising Sun was ground into a thin paste. Didn't the survivors end up taken in by Kristen Marik's old crew?
>>
>>45980071
Given what happened to Kristen, not sure that's much better
>>
>>45980118
This was after Kristen's death, though.

Now that I think about it, it might actually have been another unit taking in the LotRS survivors. It was some mercenary unit working for the FWL against the Wobbies, and I immediately thought of Kristen's old outfit. Bugger it, Sarna's being distinctively unhelpful, I can't find my MS:U and the Jihad books only states that the "last survivors were destroyed on Alphard".
>>
File: 3055u_Snake.jpg (109 KB, 706x695) Image search: [Google]
3055u_Snake.jpg
109 KB, 706x695
>>
>>45982495
>2B has stealth armor.

Remember Snake, this is a sneaking mission.
>>
File: Mad Cat 7.jpg (366 KB, 949x800) Image search: [Google]
Mad Cat 7.jpg
366 KB, 949x800
>>45978976
If you've got a DA account, PM me there. If you don't my email can be found on my DA profile.
http://shimmering-sword.deviantart.com/
>>
>>45970516
>Though I doubt you'll ever see anyone riot or burn cars
Nah, BT fans would be more likely to burn porches.
>>
>>45983490
Maybe the occasional Gazebo too, at least us from 4chan.
>>
>>45982755
Weapons and equipment OSP? Better hope for good salvage terms.
>>
>>45980071
>the Jags who consider the proper response to any slight is "Jaguar harder".
I miss those assholes. They were fun antagonists.

I wish they'd had plot magic to survive.
>>
>>45983490

RABBLERABBLERABBLE!!!
>>
>>45985236
>tfw no "Jag Sheng!" or magic warehouses
>>
>>45985236

What surviving as the Fedelis isn't good enough for you? PLOT SHIELD and MAGIC WAREHOUSES galore!
>>
>>45985443
>becoming Pardoe-brand space Scottish confederate protags for muh Republic
I liked them better as the jerks they were.
>>
>>45985443
Technically, that's the RoTS' plot shield and the RoTS' magic warehouses, not the jags', so I wouldn't really count it in the same way that a decent chunk of MoC fiat is actually cappie fiat and therefore doesn't really count against them
>>
>>45985443
The Fidelis aren't Jags, though. No JAG HARDER.

Also, XXLs seem like such a Jag thing to use. "More tonnage for weapons at the cost of heat and vulnerability? Those downsides aren't important."
>>
>>45985808

Very much this.
>>
>>45983329

Message for you Shimmy.
>>
>>45975668
According to tactical operations, CASE II can be mounted on BattleMechs, IndustrialMechs, Aerospace Fighters, and Conventional Fighters.
>>
File: Solid_Snake_SLD-8SN-K2.jpg (186 KB, 706x695) Image search: [Google]
Solid_Snake_SLD-8SN-K2.jpg
186 KB, 706x695
>>45982495
>>45982755
>>
>>45987518
10/10
>>
>>45987518
BA EATER
>>
>>45985808
Shame they didn't live long enough to see improved heavy lasers.

>XXL with an iHLL and iHML in each ST
This just screams I AM JADE FA- er, SMOKE JAGUAR
>>
New teases when? I want to know more about that sweet quad
>>
>>45989206
You know, this gives me an idea...
Design Challenge:
Design a Dark Age mech for a faction that didn't live to see the DA
>>
File: working as intended.png (50 KB, 515x361) Image search: [Google]
working as intended.png
50 KB, 515x361
>>
>>45990000
95t Warhawk II with 4 iHLLs, 4/6 move on an armored XXL, TarComp, ECM, and 28 DHS. Max armor too, because there was no more room for guns.
>>
File: NOT working as intended.png (100 KB, 630x561) Image search: [Google]
NOT working as intended.png
100 KB, 630x561
>>
File: quietazon.jpg (96 KB, 463x645) Image search: [Google]
quietazon.jpg
96 KB, 463x645
>>45987518
>>
File: STOP IT FUCK.png (84 KB, 854x488) Image search: [Google]
STOP IT FUCK.png
84 KB, 854x488
>>
>>45990213
>>45990181
>using magshots
>ever
>>
>>45990270
They are pretty good on vees and BA. Just not really on 'Mechs. I guess if you want anti-infantry and just lurve Gauss weapons, but at this point most major IS powers can get Clan tech and AP Gauss are like, the minorest of sins as far as stuff to poach.
>>
File: Crossbow II.png (11 KB, 391x1005) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow II.png
11 KB, 391x1005
>>45990000
An update to an iconic mech of my favorite dead faction.
Nice quads btw.
>>
File: Vindicator II The Vindication.png (94 KB, 1148x1152) Image search: [Google]
Vindicator II The Vindication.png
94 KB, 1148x1152
>>45990000
Have a pair of St.Ives Vindicators; the one on the left is my attempt at producing a somewhat dubious "dark age as fuck" design, while the one on the right is just a pretty straight-up trooper
>>
>>45990489
>AES + ArtV
Okay that's fucking nice. Does AES and Streak stack? Because that'd be fun too.

>>45991018
>LGR Vindi
I never knew I wanted this. Does the SIC make LGRs though? I dunno if it needs 32 shots; might be better served with another ERML or maybe swapping both those out for a MPL for dealing with BA? 32 shots is a ton of ammo.

>Snubby Vindi
Hm. I like it okay, but I feel again line this isn't very St. Ives. I think given their proximity to the FedSuns one with an autocannon would be appropriate, but that's just the stereotype, I suppose. Still, an LB 10-X Vindi would be kinda cool... hmm. Gonna try this. Alternately, a Vindi with an ERLL would be pretty St. Ives since they make them. They'd have to get the LB-X imported though, at least as far as I can tell.
>>
File: Vindicator VND-2SIC.png (59 KB, 608x895) Image search: [Google]
Vindicator VND-2SIC.png
59 KB, 608x895
>>45991755
Oops, forgot my image.
>>
File: IMG_20160313_174658722.jpg (6 MB, 3006x5344) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_174658722.jpg
6 MB, 3006x5344
I just got the intro box and the print and play stuff, bought the tanks, hover tanks, and battle armor that I only the paper tents for. Still need to get infantry but copying find any on Amazon. So here are my newest batch of newb questions.
Should put my vehicles on he'd bases?
How many battle armor go on a base? I assume it's four based on the artwork for their readout sheets but I wanted to make sure.
Also how many infantry go on a base? The packs I'm looking at come with 28, so if it's like 7 to a base that's a lance per pack.
>>
>>45991755
>They'd have to get the LB-X imported though, at least as far as I can tell.
Don't they build Emperor-6As on St.Ives?
>>
>>45991962
Also should I glue on my tank turrets?
>>
>>45991755
>AES and Streak stack
Yes they do, I could've went with Streak LRMs but the idea of LRM 20s with pulse laser-like modifiers was too good to pass up.
>>
>>45991962
>vees on bases
I base my hover units but nothing else. I also like to magnetize my vee turrets if I can but that's not necessary.

>BA
As many as go for the faction you're playing. For most IS factions, it's 4 per squad. The Marians use like 10 and the Wobbies 6 I thing, and the Clans do 5 of course.

>infantry
This is more of an abstraction. You can just put a couple per hex to represent what they are. Also if you want cheap infantry, check GHQ's website. They do 6mm infantry that scale really well with BT stuff, even if most of their other stuff is too small. And if I recall, they're cheap and you get a lot of them per pack. Obviously they are not outfitted exactly like BT infantry, so it's your call on that one.
>>
>>45991962
BA are 4 to a squad for IS, 5 to a squad for Clans, and 6 to a squad for C*/WoB.
>>
>>45991990
Yeah, I think they do? So they should have it I suppose, unless they build one that's retro with an AC/10 instead.

>>45992024
Yeah, I mean I love yours, but it was just a thought. I tend to let others' ideas make me think of what else you could do. I'd use that if I played Clan though.
>>
>>45991755
>Does the SIC make LGRs though?
by the DA? who knows. a lot of DA designs have people seemingly building shit that they never did before
as for the rest, you could probably build a much better LGR vindicator if you didn't include all the other questionable stuff, but I was trying to make this one a bit suboptimal. reducing the ammo for an MPL would be a good refit, though

>Snubby Vindi
>Hm. I like it okay, but I feel again line this isn't very St. Ives
I suppose. the Snub+LPPC combo is near and dear to my heart, almost as much as the LBX-10 is, and I thought it'd go well with a Vindicator. you could drop the LRM-10 to a 5 and swap the LPPC for an ERLL if you wanted to keep up the SIC-ness, maybe.
I kinda wanted to do a LBX-10 vindi but I've been trying to cut back on the LBX-10s.
Maybe a LBX-10 plus a torso-mounted ERLL replacing the missiles and stuff? I think I'll give that one a go
>>45991771
I like it, it's basically a snake but better
>>
>>45991962
>Should put my vehicles on he'd bases?
I do for some to avoid issues with their treads scratching my maps.

>How many battle armor go on a base?
To get the most out of the money you're spending? I'd go with one a base. But I use pennies (or your local smallest sized and denomination coin) for that. For accuracy, 4, 5 and 6 respectively for the IS, Clans and ComStar/Word of Blake.

>Also how many infantry go on a base?
Singles as above, groups as 4 to a base.
>>
>>45992307
Yeah, trufax about the DA tech stuff. It seems like there are very few things that each faction just blatantly doesn't have access too; at this point it all just seems dictated by combat doctrine and preference, which is cool I suppose.

I like the idea of an LB 10-X/ERLL Vindi, because it screams Enforcer and that just pisses on the CC's Cheerios, which the SIC would do in a heartbeat. Glad you like mine; it's funny I didn't even think of the Snake comparison but it does fit.
>>
>>45992584
here's my crack at a ERLL/LBX-10 SIC Vindicator
>>
>>45992774
Hm, I like how it's a straight swap: PPC for LB-X, and ERLL for LRM. It's Vindi enough and Enforcer enough to troll the Cappies, and it still works as a trooper as well, as originally intended.
>>
>>45992904
>It's Vindi enough and Enforcer enough to troll the Cappies, and it still works as a trooper as well, as originally intended.
then I've done everything I set out to do
>>
File: Dark Age Rim Worlds.png (9 KB, 413x698) Image search: [Google]
Dark Age Rim Worlds.png
9 KB, 413x698
It's much easier making silly Dark Age mechs with the IS instead of clan mechs, after all there are only so many ways to make an Ostscout IIC type of mech.
>>
>>45992774
>filename
10/10 I LAAFed
>>
>>45993291
>implying the pinnacle of sphere-shaped scouting technology is a joke
>>
>>45993291
Okay this one made me cock my head and go "Wha?". I love MMs and I can't even imagine putting a 4 on a 'Mech, though 8 damage at range isn't too bad, especially since the main gun is pretty much the best direct fire weapon in the game. I might have to experiment with MM4s more, and honestly even MM1s are better than AC/2s, except for AA work. ESPECIALLY Clan ones... 1 ton for 2 damage at 21 hexes is not really that bad. Clan MMs are actually pretty good, really.
>>
>>45993426
>mortars for AA work
>>
>>45993426
>Okay this one made me cock my head and go "Wha?"
That's the intended reaction, I went for as far Dark Age as I could.
Notice the compact gyro for no real reason, both hardened armor and a small cockpit, along with composite internals, and the MM4 when a LRM15 would be better. I would've used single heatsinks but since it's not meant to be a DC mech my reason got the better of me.
>>
>>45993457
Try reading my post again, sport.

>>45993291
Speaking of Clan MMs... there's this... the Bane 5 is probably already a taken number but eh, it's a joke anyway.
>>
>>45993688
Okay the SHS comment made me laugh. Well played. And yeah, YOU WANT MAKE PSR? FUCK U HERE HARDENED ARMOR AND SMALL COCKPIT. WizKids would be proud, Anon. Still, it' strangely usable, but my standards are also pretty low.
>>
>>45993710
In retrospect I should have make it a ton of MM1s. Oh well.
>>
File: Spurdo Drac.png (25 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo Drac.png
25 KB, 853x543
>>45993688
>>
>>45990000
I wanted to make a WoB or a Wolverine mech, but we all know they are alive and well in the Dark Age

>>45990181
>Tatiana Duarte
hehe https://www.instagram.com/tatiduarte1/
>>
File: Bane 5.png (54 KB, 609x874) Image search: [Google]
Bane 5.png
54 KB, 609x874
>>45993710
>>45993824
HERE is the Bane I should have made. It's everything I wanted and nothing I needed.
>>
Who's using TSEMP in the DA?
>>
>>45995500
Republic(Invented it) and Caps (Catapult II and Yinhuochingchong variant) mainly, but everyone in theory.
>>
>>45995500
The MoC has it on a retarded Marshal variant, iirc, a couple cap designs do too and the republic has it because they have literally everything
>>
File: TSEMP units.png (76 KB, 680x643) Image search: [Google]
TSEMP units.png
76 KB, 680x643
>>45995500
>>45995592
>>45995687
Here we are. Lots of republic (orange) and cap (green) usage. Also a surprisingly large number of generic clan designs with it, though I'm not sure what percentage of that is refitted salvage and what percentage is clanside.
>>
>>45996026
>no Purple Bird
Are we getting lucky and not getting the "stick a [designated useless new toy] on" treatment? Thank god.
>>
>>45996113
TSEMP isn't useless though. Far from it.
>>
>>45995687
They don't have any chance to live past this Era, though
>>
>>45996611
ZING
>>
>>45996026
Wherefore does someone get such wonderful charts? Are these from MegaMek? Someone once told me you could search MegaMek's database by weapon.
>>
>>45997281
>Wherefore does someone get such wonderful charts?
excel
>Are these from MegaMek?
no
> Someone once told me you could search MegaMek's database by weapon.
you can. Go to Advance Search when selecting units. You need basic knowledge in regular expressions, such as ((A && B) || C)
>>
>>45996178
Now that I think about it, a quick TSEMP 'Mech would probably mesh pretty well with Light Gauss and ELRMs.
>>
File: icestorm 3.png (33 KB, 624x1000) Image search: [Google]
icestorm 3.png
33 KB, 624x1000
>>45990000
it is basically the same mech, only faster
>>
>>45997373
>excel
Dear god did someone actually catalog all units and can sort them by weapon and whatnot? Color-coded for faction no less? That's pretty awesome, and pretty crazy.

>need to know basic knowledge of regular expressions
Okay lost me. I guess I'll look it up if I want to try it.
>>
>>45997454
>>45997373
$10 bucks says this is Steve stalking us again
>>
File: RE Laser distribution.png (51 KB, 724x486) Image search: [Google]
RE Laser distribution.png
51 KB, 724x486
>>45997454
>Dear god did someone actually catalog all units and can sort them by weapon and whatnot? Color-coded for faction no less? That's pretty awesome, and pretty crazy.
Guy that made them here. I've only done it for three relatively new (or just now proliferating) bits of equipment so far: BC3, ReLasers, and TSEMP.
>>
File: BC3 Units.png (110 KB, 640x1006) Image search: [Google]
BC3 Units.png
110 KB, 640x1006
>>45997514
And the BC3 one.
>>
>>45997624
I CAN assure you I am not Steve
fuck ;_;
>>
>>45997514
>>45997532
This would be the kind of project that would deserve to be paid for by CGL if it somehow went full monty with all the units in the game. But that's a tall-ass order for anyone not on the company dole already.
>>
>>45997800
It would probably end up as a freelance bit of work where you didn't get paid, in all honesty.
>>
>>45997800
>yfw the list of units using medium or ER medium lasers
>>
>>45997942
Right? At that point you type it in the search bar and it just goes "Pick one, asshole, you'll probably be right."
>>
Hmm.

Continuation on the upcoming ronin wars rp I'm running for friends, I know how to acquire mechs in a merc unit, but how does one acquire mechs legally when part of a Succession wars militia? I imagine going to a quartermaster and requisitioning them, but while I know battletech rules and TROs like the back of my hand, I don't know shit about real military life.

Basically, two of three players rolled up bug mechs. Even if I pit them against infantry and vedettes all day, every day, they'll likely need more boom than a stinger and wasp can provide. Also, since nobody has 「owns vehicle」, it's likely their superior would allow them to join with the forming Kungsarme, but would require they leave the 'mechs behind.

Thought about having them stumble on one of those ronin weapons caches to better kit them out, but that kind of feels a bit cheaty.

Any information on how to requisition gear from the qm? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Do you have any suggestions on how my non-merc players could take mechs with them to fight ronin without getting on the wrong side of the law?
>>
>>45998297
>Do you have any suggestions on how my non-merc players could take mechs with them to fight ronin without getting on the wrong side of the law?

Who cares? That's their problem.
>>
File: megamek.png (55 KB, 856x714) Image search: [Google]
megamek.png
55 KB, 856x714
>>45997800
that is extremely easy with MegaMek.
any MM developer here? IF they included MUL info in the units' XML search for equipments AND faction would be very simple. The program has the search tool working already...
>>
>>45998297
"you kill it, you keep it" is a popular way; if they can down something even a bit better (like a Panther, say), it becomes their *personal* mech, and they can keep it if they leave the service, say to become a merc or whatever
>>
>>45998297
Could be you play it like the Kungsarme is over-Meched, but under-staffed with people they can trust? At least where they are, anyway? Could also put them on a mission, then have them fight some pirates or something that just so happen to have a few non-op 'Mechs stashed away; the players find them but don't report them, then when they go to ship out, they tell the person taking them where the stash is, and the 'Mechs get grabbed and taken with on the downlow?
>>
File: The OF has died of cancer.png (88 KB, 1019x229) Image search: [Google]
The OF has died of cancer.png
88 KB, 1019x229
>>
>>45998504
>times I have needlessly defended women on the internet: IIIII IIIII IIIII III
>times I have been rewarded with sex: I (butt still hurts)

I wish I knew how to strikethrough.
>>
>>45998680
The said part is that Jumping Jill was replaced with Hopping Jack because of this
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.