[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General - /exg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 1445628660280.jpg (548 KB, 528x1416) Image search: [Google]
1445628660280.jpg
548 KB, 528x1416
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Just a charsheet w/o permission request shenanigans
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e
>>
File: tumblr_mwu1bz20zC1rk4qt8o7_500.gif (208 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwu1bz20zC1rk4qt8o7_500.gif
208 KB, 500x476
>>45948905
Of course, I there in submit before putting down the
>What are your most/least favourite/fun/enjoyed Virtue Flaws/respective Great Curse manifestation title for Exalted?
Part.
>>
>>45949054
>>What are your most/least favourite/fun/enjoyed Virtue Flaws/respective Great Curse manifestation title for Exalted?
Can you try that again?
>>
>>45949054
I dislike the Great Curse, both the execution and the concept, but I think Clarity's pretty neat and appropriate. At least as an idea, I haven't gotten to play Alchemicals so I don't know how it works in practice.
>>
I think the great curse is fine, so long as you can actually decide what is appropriate with the GM. We've had a lot of fun with it in our game.
>>
>>45948905
what is it with you bads and this image?
>>
>>45950157
Probably related to Fate/Stay Night. Most of the worst posters here seem to be fixated on it.
>>
Hey anons, what is your necessary house rule for training times?
>>
>>45950949
Why house-rule it? Faster training times skews the plot a bunch and makes it feel less grounded.
>>
>>45950949
Nothing. Exalts who keep active and don't spend time getting stronger to face greater foes suffer.
Sometimes you need to bide time and gain power to succeed. If your players don't want to gather power and allies, that's their own problem. Their enemies will.
>>
>>45950949
>>45951093
>>45951890
Plus your ST should occasionally do time skips, especially for traveling, that give you time to train during your characters' downtime.
>>
>>45952019
There should definitely be downtime. It's a strange campaign that is non-stop adventure.
>>
>>45952095
Not necessarily. Creation is a place full of shitty problems, that heroic individuals can try to fix. If the players don't understand that -they- need to make the decision to create downtime, then part of the story is learning the hard way.
>>
What kind of training have you guys done in your games? Any interesting ways to learn a charm?
>>
>>45952256
Creation is also sparsely populated. A travelling adventure leads to days of weeks between locations, unless you're always travelling by boat or Stormwind Rider.

I guess if you're trying to solve every problem in Nexus the game's going to just become whack-a-mole, but I've never seen a game like that.
>>
>>45952293
Travel from locations, unless you're doing very long distances, like Rathess to Lookshy by way of the great big nothing that makes up the River Province and Hundred Kingdoms, should really only take a few days.
Downtime might be enough to get a specialty, or a new charm. Unless the players, and characters, recognize that they need to consolidate power, and take significant time off from saving (or dooming) Creation, they shouldn't really be getting big expenditures, like Attributes.
>>
>>45952827
You can be training for stuff during the downtime during the day. Training isn't just flat out sunup to sundown lifting to get Strength. If you spend a couple hours a day while you're doing various things speeding the plot forward that counts as training.

If you do nothing but fucking LIFT you can do it much faster than the (New Rating) Months it says. Especially if you have a mentor.
>>
>>45948905
What is Gilgamesh holding and why the fuck is Enkidu a girl?
>>
>>45953533
On the latter no idea, but I assume in the relief it's supposed to be Enkidu's tail.
>>
>>45953850
>but I assume in the relief it's supposed to be Enkidu's tail.
I'd heard that it was believed to be either a hunting horn or a sling.
>>
Anyone have the Liminal Exalted preview?
>>
File: Liminals preview.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Liminals preview.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45954136

I GOTCHU DAWG.
>>
So, Anima Flux. Fire aspects get an aura of fire, wind aspects get crackling halos of lightning, and earth aspects get a circle of flying boulders.

What do water and wood aspects get? Flurries of icicles? Whips of ivy? What?
>>
>>45953533
No idea what that weird snake thing is, but Enkidu's not actually a guy, or a girl for that matter. In F/SN he's a shapeshifter who can look like whatever the hell he wants, and that form is his favorite because it looks like the divine harlot, who helped the gods civilize him via snu-snu and pillow talk.
>>
>>45953533
Didn't Enkidu learn about human forms from a sacred prostitute, considers the most beautiful woman in Uruk? Of course he looks like a girl!
>>
>>45953533
>What is Gilgamesh holding
Shiki
>why the fuck is Enkidu a girl?
It isn't? Androgynous transforming weapon which main form is spear?

>>45949054
Eh, personally I don't like the GCurse, and by proxy the Virtue Flaws so I don't really have a favourite.
[sp]Heart of Flint[/SP]
>>
>>45956623
Something like that. Flurries of icicles, whirling streams of water, maybe even water being drained from the surrounding towards the Dragon-Blooded might be appropriate for a Water Aspect. Whips of ivy, or generally plants rising to strike at the Exalt's enemies, could be appropriate for a Wood Aspect, although I think that a poisonous aura is kind of the default assumption.
>>
How many intimacies do you usually have, after a few sessions?
I feel like I'm getting more and more, but they all kind of fit.
>>
My current ST is using the rule that 1s remove the highest dice in the pool rule. Like one 1 removes a 10.
Ive botched half my rolls in this campaign 5 sesssions in. Heroic mortals game and im the suckiest mortal ever.

Just wanted to get that off my chest
>>
>>45956687
He learned about human society from Shamhat, but he's still supposed to be a hulking exemplar of a man, rivaling Gilgamesh in strength and stature.
>>
>>45958831
Why is your ST using that rule? It might fit WoD but in Exalted even heroic mortals are supposed be pretty badass by mortal standards and botches shouldn't be that common.
>>
>>45952827
Rathess to Lookshy IS a very long distance - it's around 2500 miles.
>>
>>45952827
>>45958925
Speaking of distances and travel times, do the travel times suggested here http://howsfamily.net/Exalted/map/ seem reasonable? I've no clue about how fast you can reasonably travel on, say, a horse, so I'm hoping someone with a better grasp on these things could provide an opinion.
>>
>>45958825
Honestly it depends on the game, the player, the ST...

I don't think there's an ideal number of them to have. If you feel like you're getting too much of them and starting to have trouble keeping track, then you might have a bit too much, but otherwise I'd say you're fine.
>>
>>45958961
It puts Lookshy at a bit more than two weeks from Thorns on horseback if you follow the road, which seems rather coherent.

I've been using it for my Dragon Blooded campaign, and I just realised the map's got travel times for Agatae, which is brilliant because the party's Sorcerer's got one.
>>
>>45958871
He hates us i think.
>>
>>45958831
This rule completely fucks up the system's basic maths. The entire game is balanced around those basic mechanics. Is your ST a complete idiot?
>>
>>45959209
Yep. He dislikes rolling, so he punishes us whenever we do.
>>
>>45959108

When I wrote that, I basically just measured the map scale in pixels, and used that as the basis for calculations. So it should be pretty much just as accurate as the map is.

If you view the page source, you can see the various assumptions I've made for modes of travel:

var speeds = {
'Horse':[4,10],
'Merchant Ship':[6,24],
'Cirrus Skiff (Ess 1)':[6,24],
'Agata':[30,10],
'Stormwind Rider':[100,10]
}

The first number is mph, the second the number of hours per day you're assumed to be travelling. It's also entirely javascript, so you could probably save a local copy and twiddle the values and it'd still work.
>>
>>45958925
Reading comprehension. Rathess to Lookshy by way of the Hundred Kingdoms is the example of 'a very long disance', not a short one.
>>
What is the Eye of Autochthon?
>>
>>45951093
>>45951890
You are so intensely wrong it's hard to believe you would ever be right about anything. Please trip so I can ignore you in the future.

>>45952019
Why would you timeskip all traveling? That's dumb.

I'm asking this question because I am actually RUNNING a game at the moment and the PROBLEM is that training times simply do not keep up with the pace of the game. Period.

With realistic travel times and working some encounters into said travel because shit happens when you travel, I'd estimate they've received maybe 50% of the training time they ought to have. That's even after I discount training times 50% for abilities they're actively using in sessions.

I mean, it's a bigger problem than getting them into combat if one person doesn't want combat.

The game is immensely flawed, but XP in general remains its underlying and most egregious flaw. It's also not the easiest to fix.

I guess handwavium training it is.
>>
>>45959651
>Why would you timeskip all traveling? That's dumb.
I wouldn't go minute by minute on the road. Have some encounters, some slice of life moments, but still timeskip. Remember that the idea is to be cinematic. Maybe have training montage moments. But travel in Exalted does take a long time without magical boosts, and you should be careful about flaunting power for fast travel methods if you aren't a DB.

By coach, the London to Liverpool route of 211 miles took about 10 days in good weather. Lookshy to Nexus is about 3x that trip straight line, and a boat wouldn't be much faster.
>>
>>45959651
If you want a game where your players are the Avengers, and have access to everything immediately, feel free, man.
But at least understand the setting. Exalts don't get everything for free. Training times are absolutely fine. Exalts -do- need to spend time training, and while you think they shouldn't have to take time, and build power, and that they should get it -now-, without any effort doesn't make it so.
That's the attitude of the gonzo bullshit of 2.5e. It's what gave rise to retarded houserules like stunting training times, and themes like (literal) Rockstars of Hell.

Ex3 literally says "Hey, you know mundane shit that the characters would literally have zero challenge with? You should really gloss over that, instead of rolling Join Battle." If a circle of Solars ambush some mortal guards, or deal with mortal bandits who have zero chance of success, you should definitely just resolve it with a single die roll, or let the players have their moment in the spotlight and describe how they resolve the situation.

Also: I, too, am running a game at the moment. I don't handwave training times, and the players haven't had any issue with it. They understand that Creation has it out for them, and if they choose non-stop adventure, they don't get anything beyond on-the-road training. If your players don't want to do that, or you keep bogging it down with minor, inconsequential combats that just waste their time so they can't train, that's not a problem of the game.
>>
Do all Artifacts and daiklaves need attunement?
>>
>>45960905
Almost all artifacts need attunement, and generally only utility 2 dots are the only ones that don't need attunement. Daiklaves most definitely need attunement.
>>
File: Surfing shaman.jpg (120 KB, 997x650) Image search: [Google]
Surfing shaman.jpg
120 KB, 997x650
>>45959804
>a boat wouldn't be much faster.

Boats being faster is something of the main point of water travel being used whenever possible.

You do realize rivers being kind of a big deal for trading is a real thing right?
>>
>>45959629
A N/A level artifact that was created by Autochthon, and whenever it reappears it completely alters the geopolitical landscape of Creation.

It was used by the sorceror Bagrash Kol to create a kingdom that rivaled the Realm in power, until Bagrash, his kingdom, and the Eye all disappeared.

House Manosque used the Eye to rebel against the Empress in an attempt to take the Scarlet Throne, and would have nearly worked were it not for the fact that most of the Manosque forces inexplicably fell up, into the sky, and were never seen again.

It was last seen in the hands of a cult that worshipped Autochthon, as they took it into the Southern Wyld. When they were seen again, the Eye was missing and the cultists were all transformed into statues of salt. Also the Raksha courts in the South were left utterly devastated.

That's really all anyone knows about the Eye.
>>
>>45961204
>Boats being faster is something of the main point of water travel being used whenever possible.

Not so, actually. The main advantages of boats are that 1) they can carry a lot at once and 2) they aren't alive.

Especially trireme-era boats, like Creation has, were often slower than horseback or even traveling on foot. But they could travel 24/7, needed no food or water themselves, and could haul an entire caravan's worth of stuff at once.

It's only later on that boats got faster than land travel.
>>
Can Stormwind Rider move over bodies of water?
>>
>>45961304
No description?
>>
>>45961736

Presumably it's at least vaguely eye-shaped, thus the moniker, but being an N/A artifact of the "Fuck reality" category, it probably looks like whatever it damn well pleases.
>>
>>45961636
Nothing says it can't, so yes.
>>
>>45961756
Full on Guilty Sparks we'll go, then.
>>
So how long until Great Curse is weak enough to be ignored?
Autokun left to wait for the millennia it would take for it to weaken and come by afterwards but it's been, what, five already and it doesn't seem to be stopping?
>>
>>45963317

What gave you the impression that Autochthon is right on the matter?

He might have certainly hoped that the madness of the Chosen would diminish, but no reason to know for sure that it would, and certainly nothing we've seen seems to back that up.
>>
>>45963317
What makes you think it hasn't?
>>
>>45963317
It would have except Sidereals broke everything again by locking them in so the timer hasn't been running
>>
>>45963442

All the other Curses are in full swing, too, though.

The Jade Prison is a total non-factor.
>>
>>45963478
Doesn't mean it isn't the Sids' fault.
It's always the Sids' fault.
>>
>>45963549
This. If Solars would've remained in power, the Curse would be gone by now alongside everything else.
>>
>>45963619
Better to gamble and die than to fold and live
>>
>>45964177
No it isn't. Not in any objective way, at least, and not in a way that would make it okay to decide to gamble and die when lives other than yours are involved.
>>
>>45964198
Wow go away Sidereal no one asked about backstabbing
>>
has anybody had a chance for their character to achieve the triumphant roar of the devil tiger charm from the broken winged crane supplement?
>>
So is Infernal Monster Style worth getting for a starting PC with Essence 3?
>>
>>45965129

Sure, it's one of the better CMAs in 2.5. Why are you starting at Ess3 and why are you even playing 2.x?
>>
>>45965219
Houserules, and the GM isn't interested in 3e.
>>
File: Solar hero style.jpg (139 KB, 610x412) Image search: [Google]
Solar hero style.jpg
139 KB, 610x412
>>45965129
For a Siddie, sure. A Solar has no excuse not to dive into Solar Hero Style.
>>
What would it have been like, if Autokun's chemical vapours arrived before Sids' backstabbing in the first age?
Could said backstabby have been averted?
>>
>>45965762

The fuck are you babbling about?
>>
>>45965769
The fuck is it with people in the thread being incapable of reading?
>>
Wait, Infernal were a thing in 1e?
>>
>>45965625
Playing an Infernal so I'm not sure if Solar Hero Style fits well enough.
>>
>>45966151

"Infernals" were, but it was a term for basically any Exalt who sold out to Hell, including/especially Akuma if they were a thing back then.

>>45966073
"chemical vapours" is not a thing Autochthon has or had, and virtually nothing could have averted the Usurpation any more than something could have averted the Primordial War.
>>
>>45966192
Huh, cool. Thanks.

I'd assume he meant Alchemicals with what the chemical thing but no fucking clue since vapours crap.
>>
Maybe he's talking about Smoke? I think it'd be pretty cool if the Shogun of Genocide turned into a Gremlin as he was turning into a Greater Elemental Dragon. To get rid of him they break the Seal and shunt him off into Creation.
>>
Where the fuck do ghosts come from?
>>
>>45967126
Ephemeral entities made of trauma and emotions so potent they spontaneously generate Anchors.
>>
>>45967126
From dead people, anon.
>>
File: 1456438947898.png (13 KB, 266x220) Image search: [Google]
1456438947898.png
13 KB, 266x220
>>45967154
What is an Anchor?
>>
>>45967126
Is there more to this question than there seems? Because it's just dead people, like in every other instance of ghosts.
>>
>>45967182
Thought I was in the WoD thread.

Ghosts are the upper souls of people who died especially traumatic deaths. So traumatic that they span out and missed the doorway into Lethe, so are stuck in the world, festering and reliving their pain.

Either that or some asshole necromancer decided they don't get to rejoin the soul collective and must remain on Creation / in the underworld.
>>
File: 1455042587681.png (39 KB, 156x129) Image search: [Google]
1455042587681.png
39 KB, 156x129
>>45967217
What is Lethe?
>>
>>45967242
Anon, it might be a good idea to read the corebook, at least, before discussing a game.
>>
File: 1454194486385.png (144 KB, 409x340) Image search: [Google]
1454194486385.png
144 KB, 409x340
>>45967266
I swear I can't find anything about ghosts in the rulebook. Much less about this thing called "Lethe"
>>
>>45967292
What fucking book are you reading?
>>
File: 1454905122474.jpg (90 KB, 305x303) Image search: [Google]
1454905122474.jpg
90 KB, 305x303
>>45967299
Third Edition.
>>
>>45967242
The collective knowledge and life force of humanity.

It's like a big bucket. Originally it was full of marbles, each marble representing one human soul. When someone was born a marble (higher soul - memory, intellect, personality) was taken from the bucket and became part of the person along with their lower soul - representing instinct. When that person died their marble returned to Lethe - the great bucket, until it was picked again and the person reincarnated.

But shit went down and all the marbles melted. Now the big bucket is full of water. Each person who is born get a teaspoon of it for their higher soul, and when they die the teaspoon of soul is returned and mixes with the water bucket once more.

Lethe is where our memories of past lives go.
>>
>>45967342
Then you're trolling or stupid.
>>
>>45967292

Yeah, I think it's in one of the underworld splatbooks or some such, not the Core. Lethe is the removal of memories from a soul or ghost prior to it being reincarnated. Spirits that don't want to pass on linger in the Underworld as ghosts. Primordials cannot reincarnate, thus they can't enter Lethe, so they turn into Neverborn.
>>
File: 1454194704305.png (31 KB, 206x251) Image search: [Google]
1454194704305.png
31 KB, 206x251
>>45967353
I'm stupid.
>>45967343
Thank you!
>>
File: 76.png (39 KB, 278x157) Image search: [Google]
76.png
39 KB, 278x157
>>45967393
>Spirits that don't want to pass on linger in the Underworld as ghosts.
Can they stay in Creation? How does one go from the Underworld to creation?
>>
>>45967393
>Primordials cannot reincarnate, thus they can't enter Lethe, so they turn into Neverborn.
This event fucked all kinds of shit up as Primordials weren't supposed to be able to die but then did, and then since all dead are supposed to be reincarnated tried to reincarnate, but the process couldn't handle the process so broke like a bitch.
So now Ghosts and Never born are a thing.
>>
>>45967343
>It's like a big bucket. Originally it was full of marbles, each marble representing one human soul. When someone was born a marble (higher soul - memory, intellect, personality) was taken from the bucket and became part of the person along with their lower soul - representing instinct. When that person died their marble returned to Lethe - the great bucket, until it was picked again and the person reincarnated.
>But shit went down and all the marbles melted. Now the big bucket is full of water. Each person who is born get a teaspoon of it for their higher soul, and when they die the teaspoon of soul is returned and mixes with the water bucket once more.
I don't think this quite makes sense. Human souls are the same they ever were, and so is the process of reincarnation. The difference to how things were before is that now some souls with sufficient attachment to something can opt out of the whole reincarnation thing and hang around as ghosts, at least for some time.
>>
>>45967429

Typically through Shadowlands, which are part of Creation by day and the Underworld by night.

>>45967444

Yes, the death of the Primordials is what created the Underworld in the first place.
>>
>>45967429
>Can they stay in Creation? How does one go from the Underworld to creation?

You can travel between Creation and the Underworld via Shadowlands; you can enter a shadowland at any time, but if you leave during the day you enter Creation, and if you leave at night you enter the Underworld.

Being in Creation sucks hard for a ghost, so they don't often do it.
>>
>>45967453
Two different things. Ghosts are souls that reject Lethe, but Lethe has been fundamentally altered as well.

It used to be that humans reincarnated perfectly like Dragon Kings do, with all their memories of past lives intact and slowly returned to them as they mature.

But then shit happened and humans lost this. Our souls still go to Lethe when we die, but we no longer retain our past lives (with the exception of a special few who bought the OP merit). hence the change from eternally consistent marbles, to a teaspoon of water. Sure, our past lives are int eh bucket of water, but you try and get the exact same teaspoon out of a bucket after you drop it in.
>>
File: 1452397939080.jpg (17 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
1452397939080.jpg
17 KB, 348x342
>>45967485
>>45967477
Cool! What about this Lethe thing. If one Exalts, do they get "marbles" from their previous Exaltations?
>>
>>45967542
The past lives attached to your Exaltation are cleaned by a different force, so they're not scrubbed as totally clean as Lethe does it. You get vague impressions of past lives; a rare few hallucinate entire scenes from people their Exaltation once inhabited.

>>45967526
>It used to be that humans reincarnated perfectly like Dragon Kings do, with all their memories of past lives intact and slowly returned to them as they mature
[citation needed]
>>
File: 92.png (291 KB, 557x459) Image search: [Google]
92.png
291 KB, 557x459
Thank you, /exg/!
>>
>>45967542

>If one Exalts, do they get "marbles" from their previous Exaltations?

The shard of Celestial Exaltations is technically a third soul. However Solar, Lunar, and Sidereal shards are cleansed by Lytek, the god of Exaltation, in between hosts. Abyssal Exaltations get dipped in Oblivion itself to cleanse them.

Infernal Exaltations, however, are not cleansed. Green Sun Princes are able to call upon the memories of their most previous incarnation, at the risk of possibly believing themselves to be that incarnation for a short while in a sort of Jekyll and Hyde scenario.
>>
>>45967526
>It used to be that humans reincarnated perfectly like Dragon Kings do, with all their memories of past lives intact and slowly returned to them as they mature.
I'm about 99% sure that this was never the case. Perfect reincarnation is specifically mentioned as something that separates Dragon Kings from other sentient races, not as the default state of affairs before shit broke. Also Lethe is for everyone who reincarnates, not just humans, so why would it breaking affect human souls but not those of the Dragon Kings?
>>
>>45967292
Pretty much every grognard in this general has memorized the 2e books like some nerd hafiz. Don't let it bug you - if it's not in the 3e core, it's not confirmed part of this edition, you can pick and choose whether to keep stuff from old books or invent your own.
>>
>>45967292
>>45967850

Lethe is given brief mention (specifically near ghosts and Charms that deal with ghosts or kill people directly), but not explained in-detail because it's kind of irrelevant compared to the vast swamp of data about Creation-that-is that needs to be explained before you can get into metaphysical curiosities like reincarnation.

Most cultures in Creation don't believe in lethe, even if they believe in reincarnation, so it's the sort of thing the nerdy priest might mention and nobody else.

So, yes, jumping on the guy for not figuring out what lethe is from Ex3 core is dumb, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE to figure out the gist from Ex3 core either.
>>
Where is the Seal of Eight Divinities on the Creation's end?
>>
>>45967997
1. Eye of Autochthon
2. Orichalcum key
3. Moonsilver key
4. Starmetal key
5. Key of Five Jade Composition
6. Soulsteel key
7. Adamant Battery
8. The right place, at the right time, for all the wrong reasons

It depends on who is attempting the unlock.
>>
>>45948905
Can't we use some of the good pics from the core? I'm so sick of Enkidu
>>
>>45968326
Anon, you can use whatever pics you want when you start the thread.
>>
Anyone else put in for custom backer charms?

Put in a request for a bureacracy charm based around forging and organising groups in your image - devs mentioned they might need a different spin on it though.
>>
For Speed the Wheels, does the charm speed up how fast an organization can get ANY task done, or just paperwork based tasks/requests?

For example, could an Solar overseeing the construction of a ship speed up both how fast his request for said ship goes through, and the actual construction process, or only the former?
>>
>>45968677
I'd imagine it lets anything covered by the projects system be sped up, since that's your organization performing a task, and it also works on anything you are convincing another organization to do for you (like applying for an official post, selling land, etc).
>>
What's the closest things to Kitsunes in this setting?
>>
>>45969166
Fox totem Lunars.
>>
>>45969166

Seven Devils Clever, a Lunar, has multiple tails and a fox totem. Mole hounds also have man tails, but the similarity ends there.
>>
File: s640x480.jpg (86 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
s640x480.jpg
86 KB, 640x383
If a player takes Retainers, how do you stat them?
>>
>>45969442
Vaguely. Like, they get to roll eight or so dice when it comes to their area of expertise, maybe around five or six dice when it comes to things that aren't really a part of their specialty but are kind of related to it, and prefer not doing things that have nothing at all to do with their field.
>>
>>45967429
>>45967485

Ghosts can't regenerate their essence naturally in Creation, only by drinking blood or by being in the Underworld, and from what I remember they can't materialize in daylight.
>>
>>45969442

Depends. Generally, my players don't bring their Retainers into combats, so it's enough to know what the Retainers' specialties are (say, Lore, Martial Arts, Bureaucracy) and then make sure those come into play relatively often (e.g., the martial arts master Retainer finds a promising disciple who is relevant to the PC's goals, or the scholar Retainer comes up with a useful clue).
>>
>>45950949
>Hey anons, what is your necessary house rule for training times?
Good trainers can reduce training times substantially. Thankfully, this was included in the 3e rules.

Other than that, the biggest issue is that attributes take forever to train. Either reduce them to a flat level of 1 month or be extremely generous on what counts as training.
>>
>>45972231

>Other than that, the biggest issue is that attributes take forever to train. Either reduce them to a flat level of 1 month or be extremely generous on what counts as training.

Remember, the training assumes that you're still leaving time to do other things, and you're training alone. Train to the exclusion to nearly all else (hello, downtime) and hire a mentor.
>>
>>45972231
>Other than that, the biggest issue is that attributes take forever to train.

I assume because Lunars.
>>
>>45973983
Or because the real life equivalents are equally hard to train.
>>
>>45974430
as opposed to becoming an expert surgeon, which takes a few weeks?
>>
>>45974505
Solars are excellency in ability, not attribute.
So, yes. Suspend your disbelief there.
>>
>>45968917
Her armor seems wholly ineffective both for protection and for keeping her tits in place, given that she appears to be a free-running sort a la Assassins Creed.
>>
>>45979850
The torso section could be some kind of form-fitting material enchanted to be invisible.
>>
>>45968917
>projects system
Speaking of, how the fuck does that even work?
>>
Puppeteer's plague best plague.

>• Minor Symptom: The victim’s bones begin to stir with malicious intent. Insatiable itches seem to flare up along the bones of his limbs and spine, and he dreams of committing the most horrific atrocities. Each night, the victim must roll (Stamina + Resistance) at difficulty 3. On a failed roll, he cannot regain any Willpower from that night’s sleep.

>• Major Symptom: The victim’s skeleton begins to take on an unlife of its own, seizing control of his body to commit acts of sadism and wickedness. In addition to the above effects, whenever the Storyteller could inflict a botch on the victim from this disease, she may instead compel him to commit a physical action that is cruel or malevolent in nature—lashing out to strike an enemy in combat, stealing from a merchant, crushing a small animal beneath a boot heel. This urge can be resisted by spending a point of Willpower, but the character must enter a Decision Point to do so, drawing on a Major or stronger Intimacy.

>• Defining Symptom: The victim’s body houses an undead monster, constantly struggling to escape. This level functions as the major symptom, but now only defining Intimacies can be drawn on in a Decision Point to resist the evil impulses—which can now occur every scene in place of a botch.

>• Death: The victim’s skeleton wrests itself free from the constraints of muscle and nerve, killing him as it rips itself out of his body as a bonesider (p. 506).
Spoopy.
>>
>>45981182

It's not really a system, so it pretty much doesn't.
>>
>>45972231
>>45974430
>>45974505
>>45976701
I kind of wouldn't mind it if the Abilities and Attributes were expensive and slow to raise during play, but you got some more dots at chargen than you do now. I dunno, I just kind of like being able to take the 'mundane' traits you want at chargen. If someone wants to play a character who starts off less experienced but quickly catches up as the game progresses, you could just let him assign some of his dots after chargen, meaning he'd eventually end up in the same place as other characters.
>>
>>45981931
Yes it is.

Because it's simple and doesn't rely on hard numbers doesn't make it not a system, Anon.
>>
>>45969166
Nothing's stopping you from pulling a Kitsune out in Exalted.

Might be a God (part of the Southern bureaucracy is held by Fox spirits in the South in my games), might be an elemental, might be a Fair Folk adopting the trappings of Kitsune.
>>
>>45976701
But mortals have the same training times
>>
>>45983030
Might be a wyld mutation, a demon or beastfolk. Going into the deeper parts of the lore there's also forced mutations or the like from solars or other beings.
>>
DBs fucking when?
>>
>>45983819
Not before the core is properly out, that's for sure.
>>
>>45983843
I wouldn't be so sure
>>
>>45983855
I would. I mean, DB being pretty much written before the core is out is entirely possible, but it's not going to be published before then. Besides, I think that there are a couple of books coming before DBs. Arms of the Chosen, at the very least.
>>
>>45983819
>DBs fucking when?
Twice every day.
>>
>>45983934
>only twice
>>
Can anyone give me advice on how to stunt better? I'm supposed to be playing a high-agility swordfighter, but there's only so many ways I can think to say "I hit them with my sword".
>>
>>45984347
use the terrain. Inddors? Use a stairwell or the walls or whatever.
Forest? Spend one action in the flurry to get branches down on the opponent.
Desert? Use the glare of the sun to blind them.
In the White room? Mock their terrible sense of dress.
>>
>>45984382
This is good advice. I also like it when players sort of tie their stunts together Like, if you stunt a parry in a certain way, you should think about how you could move from that situation to a counterattack. First describe how you guide your enemy's blade aside, unbalancing him in the process, then describe how you take advantage of his moment of weakness by striking before he can regain his balance, stuff like that.
>>
>>45970172
Also worship.
>>
>>45983819
Never.
>>
File: Dawn Caste Fashion 01.jpg (471 KB, 1148x800) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Caste Fashion 01.jpg
471 KB, 1148x800
>>45979850
>doubting the power of artifact armor

Stay pleb, mortal.
>>
>>45984856
He thinks artifact armour projects forcefields
>>
>>45985157
He thinks artifact armour cant project forcefields.
>>
File: 1446435566407.jpg (539 KB, 634x881) Image search: [Google]
1446435566407.jpg
539 KB, 634x881
>>45985157
>He doesn't know about the fortifying power of essence.
>>
>>45985175
>>45985186
Well enjoy your headcanon I guess.
>>
File: Dawn Caste Fashion 02.jpg (312 KB, 730x1032) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Caste Fashion 02.jpg
312 KB, 730x1032
>>45985207
>Realm Year 768
>Still lacking the courage to imagine greatness
>>
Any homebrew Demons / Elementals for 3e
>>
>>45985207
4 dot artifact light armor. Its actually a thing. Forcefields can just be artifact armor evocations. Bam, done.
>>
>>45985207
You know all eclipse caste can actually make forcefields right?
>>
>>45985660
Yeah, that homebrewed evocation tree for projecting forcefields totally proves that armour projects forcefields.
>>45985679
Are we even having the same discussion?
>>
>>45985698
Dunno what you're salty over when evocations are literally "make up whatever you think fits" the system.
>>
>>45985679
you sure you don't mean Twilights?
>>
>>45985207
>>45985698
There's literally a pair of forcefield-projecting artifact armor bracelets in the book you laughable chode. No evocations required.
>>
File: d7e50b240f4035c54de2e3d56f37d13b.jpg (325 KB, 1000x1419) Image search: [Google]
d7e50b240f4035c54de2e3d56f37d13b.jpg
325 KB, 1000x1419
>>45985736
All anathema look the same to me.
>>
>>45985718
I'm not salty over anything. I'm not denying that you can totally make those artifacts, but those are niche artifacts that are in no way representative of normal artifact armour.
>>45985764
So we're not having the same conversation? Okay.
>>
>>45985541
Some dumb cunt (me) claimed to be working on a bunch of conversion from 2e, but is a procrastinating bastard and hasn't even posted the two he HAS done, because they're not done enough.
>>
>>45985775
>I'm not salty over anything. I'm not denying that you can totally make those artifacts, but those are niche artifacts that are in no way representative of normal artifact armour.

Pretty sure the book goes out of its way to say there is no such thing as a "normal" artifact.
>>
>>45985775
If the conversation is that normal artifact armor probably doesn't look like an orichalcum bra and thong, yeah. You're right. They can still exist, though. Wouldn't use em in my games, but there's precedent.
>>
>>45985794
Gimme them and then get your ass back to work
>>
File: Volfer.jpg (219 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Volfer.jpg
219 KB, 750x1000
>>45985207
>Headcanon
>He hasn't seen Volfer.
>>
>>45984347
>Can anyone give me advice on how to stunt better?
Here you are.

http://codreams.wikia.com/wiki/Stunts
>>
>>45985775
Wasn't there some rule that stated that you literally don't even need to actually be wearing artifact armor to benefit from it, so long as you were wearing the conceptual mantle of it?
>>
>>45985968
I dunno, maybe? 2e had a bunch of stupid shit.
>>
File: 1454833406521.jpg (59 KB, 363x513) Image search: [Google]
1454833406521.jpg
59 KB, 363x513
>>45986011
Seriously real talk now:

Why do people say 2e has stupid wonky shit and 3e is better when its still the same setting with the same stuff? I mean there are still airships and mecha and magitech and stuff like that everywhere. Being mean to a prostitute can still bring the wrath of the local god of pimps down on you. The next book to come out (if it ever does) will almost entirely be about first age crazy artifacts and mechas.

And why is gonzo animu bullshit bad in the first place? I mean it IS a game which's main selling point is weeaboo martial arts and power tripping the fuck out nonstop.

Pick related.
>>
>>45986190
>Why do people say 2e has stupid wonky shit and 3e is better when its still the same setting with the same stuff?
Call me when the sun in Ex3 is a mecha.
>>
>>45986296
Considering his spaceship mecha thing was one of the first and cross edition examples of an N/A artifact you probably don't have to wait long.
>>
File: SNOWFLAME.jpg (165 KB, 812x984) Image search: [Google]
SNOWFLAME.jpg
165 KB, 812x984
>>45986190

>Snowflame

Welp, I've a new Liminal.
>>
>>45986346
>you probably don't have to wait long.
I dare you to not shave or cut your hair until it's released in a book. Though that works for most Ex3 books.
>>
>>45986405
Do you mean Exigent? I'm pretty sure there's a god of narcotics.
>>
>>45986405
More like Exigent of the God of Drugs.
>>
>>45986409
I want long hair anyway.
>>
>>45986190
2E didn't have mecha and magitech everywhere. Everywhere in the books, maybe, but not everywhere in the setting. 3E will tone down the magitech side of things. This is something the devs have made pretty clear.
>>
>>45986429
>>45986435

Yes. Can't really keep track of the new exalts considering that I don't really care for them. Burning Feather, the Lady of Intoxicants, is god of booze and drugs, right?
>>
>>45986479
>This is something the devs have made pretty clear.

They also said they'll release books, have awesome art in them and make backers feel valued.
>>
>>45986483
>Can't really keep track of the new exalts considering that I don't really care for them. B

Poor you considering four more are coming next to Gentimanis, Liminals and Exigents.
>>
>>45986511
None of them are coming out, get real
>>
>>45986511

Weep for me anon, for I have a Heart of Flint.
>>
>>45986531
If we want to get real we wont get Dragonbloods either because lol OP.
>>
>>45986547
Why do you keep saying this when there is absolutely no evidence for it? You're actually delusional.
>>
Who's the biggest faggot? OP, or OP?
>>
File: Exalted_World_Map.jpg (590 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
Exalted_World_Map.jpg
590 KB, 1600x1035
>>45986190
It's not the same setting. The map is different. A lot of new and interesting places were added. The history is slightly different.

More than that, the themes are different. We go back to the basics with a beautiful, wonderful, sometimes terrible world full of wonders and places to be. Magitek is toned down while magic is toned up - every nook and crannies of Creation is now filled with secrets, terrible ghosts, vengeful gods, and everything else that is needed to create a meaningful sense of adventure for your players.

In 2e if you wanted to have an interesting setting, you always went for Malfeas or Autochtonia - Creation was boring, Yu-Shan was boring, and the Underworld was supremely boring (except the Labyrinth).
>>
>>45986748
It's funny because every single 3e game setting-wise has played exactly the same to every single 2e game I've ever played.
>>
File: 1452397669326.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1452397669326.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>45986748
What is Malfeas?
>>
>>45986823
Hell, where the Infernals come from. Picture the Olympic village set in Chernobyl
>>
>>45986823
The twisted, hollowed out body of the king of titans, a city the size of continents filled with all manner of bizzare creatures.

Read Kill Six Billion Demons and Night's Master and you basically have the gist of it.
>>
>>45986788
Because every single ST you've played with already has his own preferred take on the setting and goes with that regardless of what's in the book, presumably. It is undeniable that the setting presented in the 3E core is not exactly the same setting as that given to as in 2E, at any rate.
>>
File: 1454387086615.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454387086615.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>45986843
>>45986930
What's the difference between Malfeas and the Underworld?
>>
>>45987567
I played this game last time with Lethe, i'm not doing it again.
>>
File: 1452481106680.png (60 KB, 214x238) Image search: [Google]
1452481106680.png
60 KB, 214x238
>>45987578
It's just a very honest question! What could go wrong?
>>
>>45987567
Malfeas is Yozi land, this is where mutilated and defeated primordials go. The Underworld is Neverborn land, this is where dead primordials are.
>>
talking of malfeas, how do you describe it in-game?
the underworld is just a reverse-creation, right?
>>
>>45987567
Malfeas is the demon city where all the demons live. The Underworld is the land of the dead where all the dead people live.
>>
>>45987567
>What's the difference between Malfeas and the Underworld?
One's filled with Demons and ruled over by Yozis, the defeated Primordials that created the world and then lost it the Exalted host, and has no thematical link with Death at all.

The other's filled with ghosts, ruled over by Ghosts and Super-Ghosts, and contains the tombs of the Neverborn, the Primordials that died during the war against the Exalted. It is also entirely linked to Death, because it was created by the Death of Primordials and is the place Dead people that do not immediately enter Lethe go.

Yes, I'm playing the game. I actually want to see if I can manage to explain things well enough that no good faith question remains. THe chances do not look good.
>>
>>45987672
>talking of malfeas, how do you describe it in-game?
Loud. Garish. Simultaneously awe-inspiring, disorienting, and revolting.

A sharp contrast between incredible monoliths forged by Demons or Hell itself and the pub-sick spirits vomiting on them, or having their brains dashed out against them.

Never a moment's silence or respite from the Green Sun; any sleep feels unnatural and forced, like taking a nap in the middle of the day.

>the underworld is just a reverse-creation, right?
Ostensibly, but a lot more is gained if you leverage the ways its different. e.g. Revlid wrote up an idea that the Underworld has no sun. Instead, Oblivion is above and below, and so the Maw above moves closer during the "day," gobbling up darkness and making for a hazey, shadowless kind of "light."

Similarly, Revlid wrote about an idea that the "sky" of the Underworld is just... more Labyrinth; if you look up when the prayer clouds are thin, you can see an escher-word of the contorted Neverborn tombs and the crust built up around them.

Those alone were really cool to me.
>>
>>45987773
I'm sure we can come up with a whole bunch of really cool stuff when it comes to the Underworld. It's frankly a bloody miracle that it turned out as dull as it did until now. You just have to let your mind wander for a bit and you'll stumble on possibilities for cool concepts.

Like, is there any naturally running water in the Underworld? It would be interesting, and thematically appropriate, to consider that there is none. No powerful torrents come crashing down mountain slopes, no waves come relentlessly smash against jagged cliffs. Disturbing the dead waters is often a terrible idea, for who knows what horrors sleep in the bottomless stillness?
>>
>>45956668
>Enkidu's not actually a guy
I don't e--
>In F/SN
Kill yourself now.
>>
>>45986748
>A lot of new and interesting places were added.

Come now 2-3 sentences per direction are not "a lot of new and interesting places". North got an isolationist reserve and a prison. East got not-Japan. South got nothing. West got "Island where Dragonbloods and Lunars fight". The only meaningful change to the setting is that the Underworld is now more oWoD.
>>
>>45956668
>but Enkidu's not actually a guy, or a girl for that matter. In F/SN

He's a guy in F/SN too, its a trap. GILGAMESH WAS A GIANT FUCKING (bisexual) FAG deal with it.
>>
>>45985864
I love his intro story:
A ll conversation came to a halt when Volfer entered the
teahouse, and with good reason. The muscled, scarred
warrior wore all the garments of a barbarian pig—which
is to say that he was practically naked.
The teahouse was packed with the elite troops of House
Mnemon, fresh in from the Imperial City. Their eyes followed him as he marched to the head of the room and sat
atop an empty table, splaying his legs to fully display the
leather subligar that encircled his manhood, and the crimson
Imperial Mon that had been crudely stitched there.
The mon was a symbol used with exclusivity on the Blessed
Isle; it could only be displayed on goods the Empress had
personally approved. Volfer’s meaning was not lost on Mnemon’s house guard. Their awe-struck silence presaged a
palpable hatred.
In Volfer’s fist was a bottle of sake he’d swept from the table
of an Imperial officer. He raised it over his lips and tipped
it back as he drank noisily, his throat rising and falling in a
slow and deliberate way as he reached down with his other
hand to scratch at his inner thigh. The silence grew thick.
A fly buzzed in the empty quiet.
An infantryman rose and put a hand on his sword as he
approached the place where Volfer sat. “You bastard son of
dogs and opossums—” Volfer brought the bottle down on
his head like a hammer, silencing his words.
Mnemon’s finest leapt to their feet and surrounded him in
a crescent. Volfer wore a wicked grin, but his lack of armor
left a cold fear at the pit of his stomach. He overwhelmed
it with a surge of adrenaline, and from the trip-hammer of
his pulse, Essence spread invisibly across his skin until it
was hard as diamond.
(Cont.)
>>
>>45988298
They came at him at once but with discipline, keeping just
enough space between them to swing their weapons and
not an inch more. Escape was impossible. A dash for the
door would take him through a gauntlet of swords, pikes,
and mauls. But he never planned on escaping.
The first man to reach him had a weapon too slow to make
much of it. His mistake. Volfer kicked his knee in before he
could raise the hammer, and swept off his half-helm as he fell.
Volfer caught the first sword slash with the helm around
his fist, holding it by the lining and swinging it like a cestus.
A spear thrust in at his side and he tried to spin around it,
but the hooked and murderous head caught him and opened
him up with a gout of blood—and would have dragged his
guts out if his skin wasn’t so hard. Growling like a beast he
whirled with his helmeted fist and smashed it into the spearman’s shocked face, shattering his nose and teeth. Volfer
wrenched the spear and twisted, catching the blade of an
axe with the haft, and kicked its owner in the chest, sending
him back into a comrade. They both fell.
Volfer was surrounded at the center of the room. The movement of light across the floor drew his eye. He glanced up
at a line of swinging lanterns, and slashed overhead. They
came down around him and shattered, burning oil splashing over the floor. Suddenly the room was in flames.
Volfer dipped his fingers into the wound at his side. His
blood flickered in the flames. He liked the way it looked. He
flicked it into the face of the nearest guardsman, blinding
him and sending his slash askew. The soldiers struck on
all sides, but now that he was armed it was as if he had
been reborn. He whirled the spear overhead and brought
it down behind him, blocking two strikes in front, one at
each side and one at his back. With each move to parry, the
wicked hooked blade of his stolen spear licked out, dealing
strikes in eight directions.
(cont.)
>>
>>45988319
One man was gored in the leg. Another was raked through
his armor, and another lost his sword (along with two
fingers), while another lost an eye. Those who had not been
struck danced back, coughing. An entire table had caught
fire and the flames had found the wall and were climbing.
A quarter of the room was an inferno. The remaining soldiers lost their wind and began to retreat, their weapons
between themselves and the barbarian.
Volfer grinned malevolently. “Don’t like the look of me when
it’s not twenty to one? Well, at least the flames will hide
your cowardice.”
“Nobody fights a lion in his den.” It was a woman’s voice,
coming from the flames. Its owner came through the burning
wall, naked and wreathed in fire that resolved into a full suit
of red jade plate.
The woman’s hair was redder than blazes. She raised a
reaver daiklave casually and pointed it at him. “But will you
dance with a dragon in the flames?”
“Any day, sweetheart,” he said, and turned to face her.
>>
File: 1416295847413.jpg (339 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
1416295847413.jpg
339 KB, 560x800
>>
>>45988186
And the Dreaming Sea region, and the new Exalted. Aside from that, your take on 3E core's descriptions on the new locations is kind of extremely retarded. Yes, anything will sound like fucking nothing if you put it in a silly and simplified enough way.
>>
>>45989554
Dreaming Sea isn't new, its been in 2e.

>Yes, anything will sound like fucking nothing if you put it in a silly and simplified enough way.

I wasn't oversimplying that much, there really isn't all that much new things. The map is bigger but there is at most 1 new location per direction and those are very short descriptions. Everything else we already had.

The only REAL big change is that the Underworld is no longer a reflection of Creation but raging rivers and oceans draining into Oblivion with island paradises and hells for ghosts.
>>
>>45990261
>Dreaming Sea isn't new, its been in 2e.
But that's wrong.
>>
>>45990261
>The only REAL big change

A setting isn't only vastly changed by individual big changes.

A collection of smaller changes does just as much work in changing the entire tone of the setting.

You are being disingenuous. Ex3's Creation is different from Ex2's Creation in ways that cannot be dismissed out of hand as insignificant. Then again, maybe you don't actually know about that, considering you don't even know when the Dreaming Sea was introduced.
>>
>>45988036
The context of the conversation was the OP pic you fucking mong
>>
>>45990864
Which is a shitty fanart version of two mythical characters beneath the carvings it's based on, what's your point?
>>
>>45990351
>>45990792
No really, Dreaming Sea was in 2e. The Scroll of Exalts even has a dragonblood from there.
>>
>>45988243
I suppose spears are male then.
Are swords female?
>>
>>45991063
Swords are male too, obviously. http://oglaf.com/glamazon-way/
>>
>>45991063
I dunno, I can imagine a feminine sword. If you know what I mean.
>>
>>45991063
Beloved Adorei is
>>
>>45991033
No it doesn't. The only explanation for your mistake I can think of is that you're confusing Sea of Mind with the Dreaming Sea, but I honestly don't see how such confusion could even be possible, considering that these two things are not in any way similar aside from their names having something in common.
>>
>>45991099
>>45991132
>sorcerous working turns your sword into a dick girl
what do
>>
File: 1445568081791.jpg (470 KB, 1400x912) Image search: [Google]
1445568081791.jpg
470 KB, 1400x912
>>
File: Q8eb5Kj.jpg (321 KB, 1329x1187) Image search: [Google]
Q8eb5Kj.jpg
321 KB, 1329x1187
>>45983819
On Twitter Morke and Vance have both posted about working on the Charm sets, with Morke saying it's almost where he wants it to be. Core's off for indexing, so hopefully they will have a full draft for SLS to start editing soon.

>>45991099
>I can imagine a feminine sword. If you know what I mean.
>>45991801
>sorcerous working turns your sword into a dick girl
>what do

You hold hands.
>>
>>45993252

>Core's off for indexing, so hopefully they will have a full draft for SLS to start editing soon.

Out of curiosity, what steps come after indexing? I imagine there's some back and forth, checking for errors and discrepancies?
>>
>>45993550
There's preparing the file for print-on-demand, which is a process I'm unfamiliar with, and then they upload it. The checking for errors and discrepancies should have taken place in the four months or so since the backer feedback.
>>
>>45954558
Hate to be a beggar, but I just stumbled across this thread. Were there any other previews released? Unbelievably late to all the 3E hype, and the previews are hard to find, it seems.
>>
File: Abyssal preview.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Abyssal preview.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45994045

Three others; Abyssals, Infernals, and DBs. I'll post 'em.

DBs and Liminals are the two I'd put any real stock in, seeing as how they're a splat that's actually close enough for the devs to have any solid ideas and a splat spawned from the devs noggin and thus by definition has at least a few solid ideas, respectively.

Whereas Infernals and Abyssals are way the fuck in the future.
>>
File: Dragon-Blooded preview.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Blooded preview.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45994121
>>
>>45994121

The Abyssal one even seems changed. I doubt they're going to use the Deathlord tree again.

Was fun to make a deathlord charmset like that though.
>>
>>45992313
What's it like, dating an Abyssal?
>>
File: Infernal preview.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Infernal preview.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45994156
>>
>>45994121
You're awesome. Thanks.
>>
>>45994191
Clammy.

>>45994161
Deathlord trees or no, I hope they keep the iron maiden charm. Fucking awesome.
>>
>>45994191
Depends on the abyssal, I guess. One of my players got the idea of dating one during a series of confrontations between the circle and the deathlord.
It ended up being pretty cute.
They managed to solve all the disputes through the power of love.
>>
>>45994191
Well, for the Moonshadow my Zenith is dating, she is very clingy, affectionate, loyal and kinky as all hell. She will do pretty much anything my Zenith says so long as she is loved.
>>
>>45994223

I think the Iron Maiden tree has a lot of promise.

I was tempted to make it for a while. With Evocations I'm pretty sure I can again.
>>
>>45994191
Probably pretty okay until the Resonance kills you out of nowhere. Unless you're a Lunar, then it's just pretty okay. Well, unless you're trying to redeem them back into a Solar. Then it probably sucks. Unless you succeed in redeeming them into a Solar. But I guess one of you would still have the Great Curse.

It's complicated, I guess.
>>
>>45994199
Disregarding the part about "New wave of Infernals", that's an alright, if generic, premise. And even those could be made into something palatable.

So. For anyone who can assess it just by reading them - or else, tested them in play - are any of the Martial Arts in 3e worth it? By themselves or in comparison to Melee and Brawl? Just curious for comments.
>>
>>45994223
I hope they keep the vampiric succubus tree despite the SJW tantrum over a single word. I just want to fuck someone so hard they turn into a ghost, is that really so much to ask?
>>
>>45996709
>are any of the Martial Arts in 3e worth it? By themselves or in comparison to Melee and Brawl? Just curious for comments
Definitely.

Single Point, and Tiger are powerful even in comparison to the other fighting styles; the former has some big blowout moments, the latter synergizes terrifyingly with anything that makes you a better rusher.

Righteous Devil, the social styles, White Reaper, Ebon Style, and Crane Style are really useful in their respective niches.

Steel Devil and Snake Style aren't anything TOO special, probably the 'weakest' of MA and they're still something you could build around; the former relies on getting your opponent's Defense to dip below 2, and the latter is just kind of a straightforward rogue-guy style, nothing super great or super awful.
>>
>>45996822

Single Point is incredibly good at it's one thing, fight ending decisives. It has next to nothing for withering attacks, defence, or initiative enhancers.

Snake Style is great at Initiative control and placing penalties on opponents. It is a decent all rounder, but doesn't want to make decisive attacks unless it's against a clashed opponent.

Steel Devil gets exponentially stronger the more you can levee penalties upon opponents defence. It's a multiattack style that can take off like a rocket, easily, if you can overcome someones defence.

>>45996709

Melee tends to be a better jack of all trades, and Brawl is still probably the gold standard in boss-killing. All eleven styles were analysed here.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/39539392/#39544871
>>
>>45996709

>For anyone who ... tested them in play - are any of the Martial Arts in 3e worth it?

Both Black Claw and Single Point proved themselves very strong in our 3e game. I don't have a lot of experience with the other MA, but we might be trying out Crane and Ebon Shadow soon. On a read-through, they all look pretty strong.

>in comparison to Melee and Brawl?

Melee still offers the best defensive and multiattack packages. It's not as balls-to-the-wall offense as Single Point, but it's a capable all-around suite. In particular, it also offers excellent Defend Other capability and the very best multiattack Charms in the book.

My counter-intuitive advice: if you are not a combat specialist, get Melee. Use Defend Other Charms to protect the Dawn's Initiative pool, since the Dawn will be the one making the big decisive attacks, and use multiattack Charms to drop the enemy's Defense so the Dawn's big attacks get through.

Brawl I don't have a ton of experience with. It definitely looks like the strongest tree for taking down a single big opponent. Heaven Thunder Hammer and Fivefold Fury Onslaught are real standouts. On the downside, even with the new defensive Charms added in the backer PDF, Brawl requires you to invest in a defensive Ability too, such as Dodge or Resistance, and you probably ought to have some amount of both to avoid being a glass cannon.

Brawl really wants you to invest heavily in combat. It almost-but-not-quite has a 'Dawns only' sign over it.
>>
>>45997707

>use multiattack Charms to drop the enemy's Defense

Aren't all the multiattack charms in Melee decisive?

>if you are not a combat specialist, get Melee.

Picking Martial Arts gives you a combat suite that doesn't demand regular XP and potentially gives synergy with non combat abilities such as Socialize or Perform.
>>
>>45997849
>Aren't all the multiattack charms in Melee decisive?

Yes, but if you are the non-combat specialist you are not likely to hit very often, so you're just swinging as often as you can to inflict a -3 or -4 onslaught penalty. Hitting for a few decisive levels is a bonus if and when it happens.

>Picking Martial Arts gives you a combat suite that doesn't demand regular XP

Sure, but you're often spending Solar XP on Abilities/Attributes/Merits/sorcery. Or you just don't have four Merit dots to spare at game start because your concept demands all of them.

It's just advice, not an ironclad rule.
>>
>>45998131
>Yes, but if you are the non-combat specialist you are not likely to hit very often, so you're just swinging as often as you can to inflict a -3 or -4 onslaught penalty. Hitting for a few decisive levels is a bonus if and when it happens.

That's also keeping you at one-hit-to-crash range pretty much permanently, and as someone who's not invested much into combat, you might not have the charms to keep you safe.
>>
>>45998231

I'm advocating these as 'teamwork' Charms, to use in conjunction with your Dawn teammate. Presumably your opponent doesn't have the time to build up 20+ Initiative because your Dawn is also hammering them with attacks, and your opponent can't touch the Dawn because of your Defend Other Charms. If your teammate isn't in a position to help or to unleash a big attack, don't bother with Peony Blossom and stick to Dipping Swallow.
>>
>>45996822

And Ebon Shadow?
>>
>>45998555

I mentioned it; it's really useful in its niche (which is to synergize with Stealth).
>>
>>45998510

It just sounds like you're painting a massive target on your head. If anything, the Dawn should be Defend-Othering you, to protect you while you're at low init, and forcing opponents to deal with his specialist defence and counterattack suite.

If you're sitting at 3 init, and DO-ing the Dawn, then the optimal move for the bad guys is to avoid the unhittable Dawn, and smack the squishy, getting the +5 init bonus for crashing, and potentially removing some of the Dawn's support.

If your Dawn ally is sufficiently better than the opponents that none of them are capable of building up initiative, then it doesn't really matter what you do, because the fight's trivial anyway.

If you view your role as primarily attriting your opponent's defence, then going Brawl for Falling Hammer, and relying on your Melee/Crane buddy to defend for you is probably a better bet.
>>
>>45950949
Ignore them / retroactive assumed training.

They already have the XP, ain't nobody care if they spend another month explicitly practicing
>>
What would be an appropriate Ambition rating for a sorcerer to make a mortal clone of herself?
>>
>>46002419

Terrestrial 1, easy. Terrestrial 2 is enough to create a hybrid of two disparate species, so it can't possibly be higher than T2, and a mortal clone is dramatically less useful than such a hybrid.
>>
>>46002468
Sweet, thanks!
>>
>>46002419
the real question to ask is where immortality and essence pools and other weridness falls on ambitions for workings. A mortal Sorcerer quickly graduates from being a mortal if they know what they're doing.
>>
>>46002639
>>46002941
T2 covers mutations, C2 covers "super powers".

S1 lets you transfer your consciousness into a superior body, and C3 lets you create something equivalent to a Second Circle Demon / E6 Spirit, which you can then house your consciousness in.
>>
>>45996709
They actually scrapped the new wave Reclamation thing. It seems to be just Yozis living vicariously through the maddened power of their chosen.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.