[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys got any suggestions for a good rules-light version of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1430934619787.jpg (3 MB, 2000x900) Image search: [Google]
1430934619787.jpg
3 MB, 2000x900
You guys got any suggestions for a good rules-light version of Shadowrun or CP2020?

It has to be specific to cyberpunk, FAE and other stuff is fine but that's not what I'm looking for here.
>>
>>45947721
Bump for interest. Also, does anyone have ideas/names for a utility corporation? They're not evil but more like business is business. You do good for them and they do good for you.
>>
>>45947721
Im gonna run my first game of technoir tomorrow. That sounds pretty much eactly like what your looking for. But it also is Lore-Light s in, it has almost no lore at all. so you might wanna combine the system with an already existing lore. (like I was thinking about the netrunner one)
>>
>>45947721
My rules aren't finished but you find a copy of a simplified Interlock system here:

https://hunter-seeker.obsidianportal.com/

Funny enough, I used the same pic in the booklet.
>>
>>45949520
I downloaded the TechNoir book but it's 200+ pages. is it really rules-light?
>>
>>45949621
yeah totally, half of that is 3 different starting "transmissions"(plothooks in fancy^^) in the end. besindes the typesetting is very stylized and the letters are huge, so It looks like alot more than it is. I p,lan for about 30 min of explaining my firsttime players how it works and creating the characters.
They even try to implement a system to gernate the plot on the go, instead of preparing it. im still sceptical but gonna give it a go tomorrow
>>
>>45947721
I have heard Interface Zero is super good. A cyberpunk game similar to 2020, it's in Savage Worlds and I think a Fate version is coming out.
>>
>>45951196
IZ is medium crunch, it's not light.
>>
>>
>>45949364

random names plus businesses can make for easy personality-centric corporations. Renno Innovations for example.

More sciencey stuff can maybe use initializations or shortened words. Like AGP Technologies. AGP-tech.

i mean, shadow corporations in real life are fucking complicated bureaucracies, so of course you shouldn't be expected to have to explain naming convention in this kind of thing.
>>
File: Shadowrun Businessman.png (186 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Businessman.png
186 KB, 300x279
>>45953012
Sweet advice. Thank you.
>>
>>45953012
Also, do you have a template for it?
>>
>>45953012
>AGP Technologies
Let me guess, they produce mediocre cheap-knockoff goods targeted at the uneducated masses.
>>
File: tumblr_n1ev22Yh7T1qe959eo1_1280.jpg (383 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1ev22Yh7T1qe959eo1_1280.jpg
383 KB, 800x1200
Nukleonics Plc.
Western Energonics Corporation
Takatsu-daiichi Power Generation Corp.
State Grid Europa
>>
File: Cyber Bar.jpg (451 KB, 920x641) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Bar.jpg
451 KB, 920x641
>>45953909
I like these names
>>
File: Cyber Fight.png (207 KB, 465x222) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Fight.png
207 KB, 465x222
Bump
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.