[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>As I watched the Magic Online match on Twitch, I couldn&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: QQ_Wescoe.jpg (155 KB, 668x1000) Image search: [Google]
QQ_Wescoe.jpg
155 KB, 668x1000
>As I watched the Magic Online match on Twitch, I couldn't help but notice the chat replay alongside the video. Instead of crediting me for playing something unique rather than another Eldrazi deck, the chat was full of derogatory comments about both me and my deck. The match was against Living End, a matchup I'd never played with this deck, but on the fly I figured out a way to use Evolutionary Leap and a ton of trigger effects to out-graveyard our opponent and defeat them with my Green/White creature deck, even after they resolved multiple Living Ends each game. I beat a competitive tier deck without any graveyard hate simply by doing what my deck was built to do. And instead of appreciating that, the chat commentary kept saying my deck is bad and mocking me for my physical appearance.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=13165&writer=Craig+Wescoe&articledate=3-11-2016
>>
>getting this worked-up over a children's card game

Wew OP, time to log off of the Internet and go outside.
>>
>>45945990
Cry hardwr faggot
>>
>>45945990

Is Craig Wescoe Sam Black's asexual genderfluid life partner?
>>
>>45946137
>>45946306
>>45946385
ITT: twitchfags
>>
>>45946505
>implying I waste my time watching people online play games

I just think Magic players are funny is all.
>>
>>45945990
I'm so glad the guy from Mask has found a hobby he enjoys
>>
File: Kappa.png (254 KB, 894x754) Image search: [Google]
Kappa.png
254 KB, 894x754
>>45946505

I honestly don't mind Craig as a person, and I find his deck preference rather boring but harmless, what bothered me and many of the twitchfags was the fact they decided to showcase the deck through MTGO matches, which is boring enough already, but failed to show the deck against the Eldrazi decks it was supposed to be good beating.

Add up to that the fact the GP's streaming was terrible quality and of course people will heckle and bash him and his deck on twitch chat.
>>
>>45946137
>>45946385
>>45946306
I don't get it; everyone was bashing him DESPITE him winning with a nonstandard deck that beat a "competitve tier deck"?

Doesn't that just sound like the people commenting were scrubs?
>>
>>45945990
Dude get points alone for actually coming up with a deck name in instead of
Color + Deck type or Color + Guild name.
>>
>>45946643
Or just the worst kind of net deckers. I see that alot at tournaments. People that are very good competitively, and understand the game very well, but can't think outside the box for shit. Then rage when something happens outside their box.
>>
>>45946747
That's just humans being dickasses as usual.

Hey into anything, and people lose their shit when you're non standard.

I wonder what part of the brain is responsible for this and why it evolved.
>>
>>45946836
Repetition breeds security. Its part of the reason babies and young children will watch the same thing over and over again; they know it, understand it and feel comfortable with it. When something new comes along, its scary.

Adults just have the capacity to lash out at whatever's scaring them instead of crying.
>>
>>45945990
I always got the feeling that Craig Wescoe was bullied a lot in school so now he has PTSD whenever he gets made fun of
>>
>>45947058
As someone who was mercilessly bullied in school...

Yeah, no, you're probably right. Those anxiety issues stick with ya, man.
>>
>>45945990
He should get a fucking haircut and wear decent clothes.
He shouldn't deal with grade 7'ers on twitch
>>
>>45947250

Define 'decent'. I'm actually curious.
>>
>>45947185
Going off topic, but I've found that my extreme sensitivity to any form of criticism - even when I'm asking for it - is probably caused by this. The effects of bullying are really long-lasting
>>
People made fun of him because he was playing slow as fuck and had lame commentary
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.