[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Child-Bright" Setting (Concept Farm)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1457392904997.jpg (85 KB, 824x450) Image search: [Google]
1457392904997.jpg
85 KB, 824x450
continued from my last thread >>45926280

please contribute any ideas you have for my "child-bright" setting. child-bright = noble-bright world with children protagonists; influences being Nintendo games (and other E to T rated games), Cartoon Network and Disney Channel cartoons.

more definitions and idea examples can be found in the previous threads (linked here)

I'm looking for ANY ideas, no matter how big or small... anything from a grand-scale idea for a city or a people (race), to a small detail such as a weapon description or costume idea.

my goal is to build an immense setting (in my imagination... to later apply to traditional games, comics, scripts, vidya, etc)

the setting is not paired with any particular game-system, so mechanics are irrelevant at this point... this is a concept farm

GO!!! (and thank you)
>>
Bump, I love these.
>>
I'lll give you guys some ideas to start with. but please feel free to contribute ideas outside of this box:

Dino Valley: a jungle valley in the mountains, filled with multitudes of dinosaurs. a mysterious giant egg sits atop a perch somewhere in the valley (the north end? the center?)... what's inside of it? what is it's "purpose"?

what is a good special item/weapon/treasure for a dungeon cave in Dino Valley? what's a good boss?

what are some misc. activities/puzzles/obstacles in the valley outside of the dungeon?
>>
>>45946055
and again but I'm afraid this has lost all momentum
>>
>>45947993
idk why nobody's posting ideas... ???
>>
>>45948132
I never wrote a setting, I generally make stuff as I go.
>>
>>45949106
it's just for fun (like all traditional games), using imagination in lieu of mechanics or players... the activity best fits /tg/ out of all boards. I just like making stuff up, and I love to see what other people come up with, I like brain storming... (and I wish I had a room full of writers/idea guys to work with)
>>
File: napping.jpg (337 KB, 1200x734) Image search: [Google]
napping.jpg
337 KB, 1200x734
>>45943982

Bumping for interest
>>
>>45946055
>>45947993
>>45951665
y-you could s-say an idea you have... and maybe people would join the bandwagon...???

that would bump thread and add content... ️
>>
>>45951665
oh, sorry for disregarding the inspiration image... I like it!
>>
>>45951796
I've already contributed on previews threads, can't do much beside adding to the stuff of other anons.
>>
>>45952225
got any ideas for Dino Valley?

description here >>45946845
>>
File: tepuis1.jpg (295 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
tepuis1.jpg
295 KB, 1600x1200
>>45952493
Conan Doyle write a sci fi book about a scientist that went to the mesas in the guiana shiel and discovered dinosaurs on the tops.

I rather imagine Dino valley as many of these like in guiana with the dinosaurs on top.
The players could find stuff made with bones there, weapons relics an stuff like that.
>>
>>45952638
that's a good idea. I like the look of Guiana Shield... reminds me of "UP". I like the idea of bone-made items
>>
castle in the sky was a great movie and very great for child heroics.
>>
>>45954183
ya I gotta watch that. my setting has a sky castle... I'm always trying to think of concepts to add to it though. layout, population, puzzles, treasures... anything
>>
Anybody here remember those 'Eyewitness' documentarys that used to come on way back when, where there was this really cool early cgi museum that they showed the topic of the day through? I remember that being the coolest thing as a kid, maybe you could add in something like that?
>>
>>45954468
Found a video for reference:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xAb5ECg3g0M
>>
>>45954468
do you mean these ones?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwarhzl76D8

and do you mean the cgi museum from the intro?

it would be REALLY cool to have an epic possibly magical museum... that idea's definately going to be incorporated

you get 1000 points
>>
Kids like animal people like mice people and stuff. A kingdom of like the mice people or gerbil people would be cool. As kids me and my friend would spend hours outside hitting imaginary rats with sticks pretending to be characters from the Redwall books and my brother would do the same thing with his friends too.
>>
The children are all part of the fantasy version of the scouts, and they're at fantasy summer camp. A mix of Harry Potter and every summer camp movie ever + wizards and shit
>>
>>45954658
Yea that's exactly what I was talking about, glad to know that I helped
>>
>>45954789
awesome, mice people are good... I guess animal people in general

just want to clarify that the setting revolves around child protagonists, but is not going to be played by children necessarily. that being said children's/childhood interests are a great source to pull from for a world basically revolving around kid-adventurers
>>
>>45954844
I like that! especially cause it's filled with tropes to pull from, a great setting (or, "sub-setting" in this case)!! worthy of it's own campaign/story-arc

1000 points to you as well, sir!
>>
>>45954903
the museum houses artifacts and treasures from all over the world and all across history; many magical.

one story hook could involve investigating/preventing the theft of one or more priceless treasures

the reward: vip membership (access to otherwise off limits areas of museum), or getting to keep an item granted to the protag/party earlier to complete the museum-task (possibly a magic magnifying glass)... or something else
>>
>>45955259
magnifying glass could grant ability to see the value of items... or *sigh* lens of truth... looking for more ideas for powers the mag glass could have
>>
>>45954844
camp has activities... so y'all could gimme some ideas there... anything that comes to mind -- real or fantasy
>>
>>45955389
errm... camp also has counsellors so any ideas for quirky traits or areas-if-expertise for them
>>
>>45955436
three words: "enchanted friendship bracers"

druid teaching edible plants

one is a pirate. he teaches swimming and small boat sailing

archery and swordsmanship badges

and, of course, there is something spooky (but not too spooky) out in the woods, guarding some magic item. post what the spooky is and what the magic item is
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.