[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writefag Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: Presentation.jpg (73 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Presentation.jpg
73 KB, 750x600
What are you writing, /tg/?
>>
My own CYOA, but my fucking grammar suck when I try to write... It fucking hurts.
>>
>>45941245
Working on a few settings, mostly just for giggles. Hit a bit of a wall, though. Nothing too bad, just a bit of writer's block/burnout.
>>
>>45941245
Trying to combine HFY and Lovecraftian Horror

It's actually coming along quite well, despite how shitty I am at writing.
>>
I'm currently writing a post in a thread on 4chan.
>>
>>45941730
Oh shit, me to! Wanna collaborate?
>>
>>45941747

Sure.

I was thinking of calling OP a faggot, but that has been done to death.

What are some more unique posts that you think we could come up with in an insulting but cleverly dismissive manner toward the OP for new threads when they pop up?
>>
File: Ob1.png (304 KB, 472x470) Image search: [Google]
Ob1.png
304 KB, 472x470
>>45941778
We could lament over your almost-trips. That isn't done too often.
>>
>>45941862

I care not for the order of the digits on the end of my post, personally. Given the high post rate on /tg/ it is a frequent enough occurrence that I see no reason to celebrate it.

Nay, I say we stick to situational specific material that does occur frequently, however, it is easily commented upon. Such as the creation of shit threads. Those pop of frequently enough and dismissive OP insult is a text based way to make a masturbatory hand gesture through the internet.
>>
File: 1372392340558.png (325 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1372392340558.png
325 KB, 720x720
>>45941245
Outlining a book. I've practically already made the fucking setting through other writings. Might as well write the whole damn thing.
>>
>>45941912

Insisting that the OP is a homosexual is not really all that insulting anymore.

We need something more extreme to be shocking. For example, 'OP enjoys giving out headpets'.
>>
>>45941912
I don't know, anon. I find that the most reprehensible of threads are not ones like this, which are more infrequent than the blue moon, but the threads that pop up like weeds; the detestable general threads, which spawn quicker than they die, and the quests, of which so little quality remains.
>>
Trying to write down the points of s superhero game I'm going to be running soon. All I have is the basic outline here:
>Character generation with adjusted guidelines
>Player characters are friends ages 18-22 camping in a secluded forest.
>While singing songs the campfire gets hit by a meteorite, spraying superherochemical#716 all over the campers.
>They get powers and have to figure out IC what they have.
>While trying to figure things out and decide what to do next one of them discovers a smaller meteorite hole nearby camp.
>They get attacked by a super powered grizzly.
Nothing after that.
>>
>>45942036

Quest threads are indeed cancerous, no doubt, but this is their home board for better or worse. The general threads are also fine in my opinion but when topics that should go in those general threads get dumped into many other threads it is more than annoying.

The utter lack of responses to games that are not WH, D&D, Magic, or another big name is disconcerting to me, personally.

This is a collection of tabletop gamers, but mention something outside of the big titles and it gets ignored because most of the people on here are, to steal the popular term from /v/, casuals.
>>
a space travel prose poem but i don't think it's gonna go anywhere. it revolves around this idea that humans physically and spiritally belong to earth and if you travel far away things go bad
>>
>>45941709
If humanity isn't the Lovecraftian horror in that combination, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>45941245
Some guy falling to limbo trying to get out.
>>
>>45942306
No, that's been done before, and its boring.

I'm writing it that the elder gods started as sentient universes, but over time, they all continued to devolved and take physical forms, until they became bacteria/space dust

In a search for a cure, the elder gods accidentally created life, which evolves and gets stronger over time, the opposite of the elder gods' devolution.

So now the elder gods fear humans, because they will one day be superior to them
>>
>>45942444
>bacteria/space dust are afraid of humans
that's deep
>>
I'm working on my own one-page RPG.
I've got all the rules figured out, I've play-tested it and my whole group thinks it's great, but I'm just struggling trying to find a way to explain the rules clearly and simply.
>>
>>45941245
Nothing, /tg/'s made it very clear it doesn't like writefags anymore
>>
>>45942473
no, they're not bacteria/space dust yet, but in trillions of years they will be, and that scares them.

Right now, most of them are still powerful enough to deserve the title of Elder god
>>
>>45942562
alright. i just thought it would be funny to have some kind of collective bacteria or dust deity
>>
File: nebulae.jpg (194 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
nebulae.jpg
194 KB, 774x1032
>>45942562
So are they trying to take out life before they get overshadowed, or are they just resigned to their fate?
Are there different factions among the Elder Gods, ones who want to destroy humans, ones who accept that their time will be over, ones who are still searching for a cure?
This seems like a really cool concept
>>
>>45943045
They're affraid of being surpassed.

The strongest outer-god is El, AKA Jehovah, who never devolved and remains a non-physical being. He loves life, and works against most of the other gods' machinations.
Between the other elder gods, there are a couple who want to capture and enslave/disect humans and other life, while others want to destroy it completely. Other Elder Gods have devolved so much, they've started to feel emotion, and have a fey-like playful curiosity about life, and they are very involved in the mortal world.
To be honest, I haven't really fleshed the idea of factions out much.

I was thinking of running a quest in this setting. Should I?
>>
File: space sirens.jpg (164 KB, 732x1091) Image search: [Google]
space sirens.jpg
164 KB, 732x1091
>>45943258
I think the hardest part by far is going to be how they interact with the main characters.
What's to stop a malevolent Elder God from wiping humans off the face of the earth with a meteor? Usually in settings where there are malevolent gods, there are rules that all gods are bound to follow, which keeps the bad gods in check and the good gods from being a deus ex machina. The main characters usually either need to operate completely without the influence of any gods, or try to manipulate the rules in their favor.

I think you should try to play up the cosmic vibe, or else it'll just feel like any run of the mill mythological setting. A lot of the gods should operate on logic that seems really alien (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlueAndOrangeMorality), and think in terms of massive scale. Most of them don't see the main characters as important at all, but the wisest Elder Gods know that a single group of humans can send repercussions across billions of years.

It'd be interesting if the gods can interact with humans eye to eye, either by creating avatars, or there being gods that are so devolved that they're human-sized, and behave more like sprites or little spirits (pic related).
I think you have a lot of work before you can turn it into a campaign, but it'd be really cool if you can.
>>
>>45943487
I was thinking that MC/players would work for a government organization which decided to actually LEARN from the occult using the scientific method instead of just blowing it up with dynamite COC style.

Basically, in the 40s and 50s, when the government realized that all this occult shit was behind dealt with by untrained civilians, the decided to do something about it using good ol' american know-how/tax-dollars.

By the modern era there exist mental and physical protection from most occult paraphenalia, which can be handled, utilized, and reproduced without mutation/insanity/tentacle rape.

Only a few true Elder Gods will show up (most don't want to risk the wrath of EL by fucking the humans up), but I assure you, the few you see are completely ineffable.
>>
>>45942444
so there's nothing actually Eldritch about it.
>>
>>45943692
It's "Eldritch," but it ain't "Eldrich Horror."
>>
>>45942150
Remove what baits casuals here, and the problem is solved...

It's not like some have been crying for this very thing for fucking years.
>>
>>45941709
>combine HFY and Lovecraftian Horror
Try reading some Conan. Or the Call of Cthulhu.

Don't fuck with Norwegian sailors.
>>
>>45941245
Rewriting my Athelas stories again because I keep on changing things.

This time I'm working out how to take out the Elves and Dwarves since I've removed them from the setting (which was a bit of a big change since Humans were an elf-dwarf hybrid).
>>
>>45943643
Have you read the Laundry books?
>>
>>45944256
I'll get right on that, anon. I kinda assumed that I would need more required reading than Old Man Henderson

>>45944294
No. What is that?
>>
>>45944256
Goddamn do I love my Conan.

>Conan felt his soul shrivel and begin to be drawn out of his body, to drown in the yellow wells of cosmic horror which glimmered spectrally in the formless chaos that was growing about him and engulfing all life and sanity...
>But the horror that paralyzed and destroyed Ascalante roused in the Cimmerian a frenzied fury akin to madness
>>
>>45944419

You like Harry Turtledoves work?

I feel he does Conan well.(along with other titles)
>>
>>45944419
>"A devil from the Outer Dark," he grunted. "Oh, they're nothing uncommon. They lurk as thick as fleas outside the belt of light which surrounds this world...
>Some find their way to Earth, but when they do, they have to take on earthly form and flesh of some sort. A man like myself, with a sword, is a match for any amount of fangs and talons, infernal or terrestrial."
>>
>>45944449
To be honest, I've never read any Conan by anyone other than Howard.
And watched the movies too. Which I guess kind of poisoned me against other adaptations. One muscle-bound Schwartzenegger does not a Barbarian make.
>>
>>45944502
You got to get the chronology of Conan torrent, its got all the authors stories listed in chronological order of Conan's life from young boy to bad-ass barbarian.

I like the first movie (He lacks the clever part but the manliness and funny shit makes up for it), the second was blah, the remake was better but still didn't do it for me.

Also too keep on topic of the thread, I'm still fleshing out characters for a 40k story centering on the Moirae Schism.
>>
I started a semi-lewd writeup about an urban dryad turning a few kids into nymphs due to a quest master's interesting reaction to such a scenario. So far I've worldbuilt about half the plot to Dishonoured in backstory while having only written the first real scene.
>>
>>45942511
Nazi mod is kill

writefagging is go again
>>
working on fantasy campaign, just finished writing up the gods, can share if interest.
>>
>>45947022
Sure, go ahead.
>>
>>45947439
Gods:
Fuusroda: God of stone and smithing. A smith with large beard working an anvil.
Fiuur: Goddess of brewing, bread, and good pubs. A large handsome barmaid.
Gulla: Goddess of valleys and hills, travelers who go through such lands offer her gifts in return blessing. A female crag runner.
Rurgil: God of beasts and the Hunt. A large man with a spear and a pet wolf of huge size.
Thoos: God of fools and jovial singing. A Jester.
Mjorda: Goddess of battle and honour. A tall valkyrie.
Death: Judges the fallen and sends them to the appropriate kingdom of god/Goddess. A tall cloaked figure holding a reaper in its right hand, for culling the souls of the evil, and rarely mentioned, a flower in it’s left, for the souls of the righteous.
Grek: God of goblins and slaughter.
Ogrin: God of ogres and giants.
>>
>>45942511
Then leave.
Goodbye, can't say anyone here will miss you.
>>
>>45947585
>Fuusroda

You...may want to change the name here.
>>
>>45947696
Oh je tut mir leid, got a bad case of the shit english, I was trying to use norweg translator and i guess i did a skyrim myself, thanks m8
>>
>>45944449
Wait, wait, wait, Harry "I gave the Confederate Army Kalashnikovs" Turtledove wrote a /Conan/ story?
>>
>>45943045

I will not lie to you, that image is utterly terrifying.
>>
I'm writing a quest about a tiefling/satyr race that have autism as a racial trait, savant druids who suffer from disproportionate stress and turn to drugs, comfort food, etc for relief, and fat women who can kill people by the act of opening a door.

I haven't written so much in years. It feels good, man.
>>
>>45941245
gav and bob, i will never 4get
>>
I'm writing a convoluted, painfully intricate, fuckfest arc summary that's months ahead of where I'm at in my own story.
>>
File: 1450809877324.jpg (165 KB, 850x601) Image search: [Google]
1450809877324.jpg
165 KB, 850x601
>>45941245
Been waiting for a thread like this

I've had an RP with someone for like 3 months, and I've transcribed everything that's gone on. It's based around a Sergeant of a homebrew chapter named Carter being stranded in the Star Wars universe episode VII era alongside the one and only Rey (Alternate universe or whatever) as they get Carter back to the Imperium. Cue shenanigans.

Before you ask, no it's not dice and character sheet RP. It's more we met on shamchat and we just kept going in character. No the space marine isn't overtly powerful (but he's pretty damn hard to kill. Basically either a lot of stormtroopers or one sith will take him down) and Rey is still a Mary Sue but is put under a lot of pressure to keep that aspect down.

I haven't really gotten a lot of the first few sessions done (that being said, we are at page 27) but I will get this done soon enough. When I finish the first "Season" (We organize each campaign by season) I'll upload it somewhere, probably here.

If you guys care for more information I'd be glad to share. I'm damn proud of the writing so far.
>>
A lot of stuff. But currently? A new secret society for 7th Sea, because every major aspect of the setting needs internal and external stressors.
And then I'll post it because fuck taking g just what Wick gives us. I'll slip his ass something!
>>
A 100+ page guidebook for a future online roleplay site.
>>
>>45941976
I look forward to seeing it
>>
File: Dragon.png (247 KB, 5670x5550) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.png
247 KB, 5670x5550
In 2005 I adapted Breath of Fire quadrology (fuck BoF V) to D&D but dragon broods ended up being to overpower.
As I tweaked and tweaked the races to balance, I reached some originality so I decided to stop adapting BoF and creating my own world.
Its basically a world fucked by dragons so much that it had to be remade, and while they where at that some races got animal traces, but those with stronger traces, like furries, are shunned down by society and their own kin. Its composed of many races with different social norms and personallities without being too much cliché. Also, theres a plot device in the whole cenario to encourage adventuring. All major NPCs are characters created by my 3 different groups of players (old high school friends that enjoy some hack'n slash, some close friends that like intense plots and a group of kids that I DM at the local library).
Since I never stopped doing that, I have a constant growing cenario that my players add up new characters and 4 ongoing books about it that I'm still writing.
One is the usual "normal real world kids that get sucked into a fantasy world" but with heavy psychological events and developments. I know it sounds silly, even more if you count the fact that it was heavily inspired by the song Saffron's Curse, by Craddle of Filth.
Other stories are an half-dog girl wit magical immunity (even benign magic), a guy with unknow descendancy looking for a place he saw in a dream and last, a god-send warrior ordered by the goddesses to eliminate the remaining dragons in the world.
>>
>>45941245
Hyperdimension Neptunia fanfic. Noire's dad, PUNISHED Morita, wages war on the godesses to make his daughter human again, but he isn't the only parent with an agenda.
>>
>>45941245
Friend want to do a bit of Xmen universe role play and I managed a character I'm rather proud of. Kinetic absorption pro boxer, powers manifest mid fight and he gets stripped of his tittles, including needing to pay back the winnings. Squatting, swimming in debt, and questioning if he ever really had any talent at his sport or if it was all the powers.
>>
>>45942444
In that case we just mini versions of them considering the while stardust thing. Would be able to justify some of the more cruel and animistic parts of our minds/history.
>>
>>45941245
A short story about brain enhancement by way of brain-computer interface.

Idea being that the person wakes in a black void, imagines first terrain, then an ecosystem, people, villages, cities and effectively becomes a god. Then they meet themselves and wake up in the clinic where they underwent the surgery.
>>
>>45943258
>Started to feel emotion
>Superiority complexes
>Fuck around with humanity both figuratively and literally
So greek gods?
>>
So /tg/, I just spent an hour writing out an outline for a story and then my phone crashed and I lost it all. Should I bother writing it all back out or was it a sign from the gods that my idea is shit and I should let it die?

Basically, it's a story about a charlatan that's kind of Encyclopedia Brown meets Criss Angel that uses tricks to pose as a colleague to the only wizard of any sort of power that the world has ever seen. The wizard is a pretty bro-tier dude except for the part where he conquered the known world in his youth and now has no interest in ruling it. The empire has gone to shit under the rule of his viziers, who blame him for all the fucked up shit they do.

The charlatan gives descriptions of the mechanics of the tricks he uses to convince the wizard that he's also a wizard from a distant land interested in trading arcane knowledge, while attempting to learn the wizard's weakness and kill him to free the world.

Eventually he realizes that the wizard isn't evil and killing him won't fix all the troubles of the world, but then everything falls apart and shit goes down and we see how much they've learned from each other. The wizard was aloof and a bit dismissive of others because of his powers, and the charlatan was brash and judgmental, and idealistic about how he could fix the world. Through their friendship, the wizard learns that it's possible to be relevant (I guess? This isn't really the word I'm looking for.) even without magic; after all even he was tricked into thinking someone with little to no magical ability was a wizard. He also comes to realize how much he fucked up by abandoning his responsibility to the empire he created, while the charlatan realizes how much he's disregarded his own responsibilities by blaming other people for the things that he's done, and justified by telling himself he had to or that that's just the way the world works.
>>
>>45958738
>tfw you kill a thread with a tldr
Fuck me.
>>
>>45958944
Felt the same at my post, don't worry.
I was going to comment that your story seemed a little too gary sue, kinda like the name of the wind, but I don't want to shit on the thread.
>>
>>45958982
Thanks for the feedback. I agree, but I figured it wouldn't break things since Gary is just the mcguffin. The story is about using normal skills a real person can master in order to outfox someone with effectively unlimited power, but a human allowance of intelligence and wisdom.
>>
>>45958944
We forgive you anon.
>>
>>45941245
An Alpha Legion fanfic. It's hard getting the tone right. I want it to be more like a spy thriller/mystery novel more than the usual hack and slash marine story.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.