[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what I love the most about the WH40K? The Imperium,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Aquila_transparent.png (127 KB, 3543x1343) Image search: [Google]
Aquila_transparent.png
127 KB, 3543x1343
You know what I love the most about the WH40K?
The Imperium, even though it is the theocratic fascist shithole - is the only form of organization that could survive in their horrible galaxy.
>>
>>45940911
The Culture could survive, thrive and overcome this entire horrible galaxy.
>>
>>45940911
Yeah, 40k definitely gives you a setting where you don't have to feel bad about creaming your jeans over pretending to be a Nazi.
>>
File: 1280211955789.png (50 KB, 642x674) Image search: [Google]
1280211955789.png
50 KB, 642x674
>>45940911
>Implying you need an organization
>>
>>45941404
The Imperium was on the verge of being equal to the Culture back in the Dark Age of Technology.

What would the Culture do differently with 41st Millennium-level technology?
>>
>>45941404
>The Culture
What the fuck is this shit?
Some 420DUDELMAO?
>>
>>45940911
But if it's that bad, why bother surviving? What do you have to live for?
>>
>>45941404
> Culture
Is a bullshit on the level of magic horses that shit rainbows. Seriously, why would anyone consider it viable?
>>
>>45940911
>the only form of organization that could survive in their horrible galaxy

So, um, about the other races in the setting and how they organise themselves then...
>>
>>45941703
>Hasn't read the Culture series

Lol, fucking pleb.
>>
>>45941791
It's more viable than harvesting (or vatgrowing) babies, attach them mechanic wings and use as portable music players.
>>
>>45941703
A setting with a lack of Gravitas.
>>
>>45940911
Uhh, the Imperium isn't surviving. It's dying, slowly but surely. There's a lot of other organizations that would do much better. Any of the factions from SupCom, for example.
>>
Reminder: The Imperium represents the worst parts of humanity turned up to 11. It shouldn't be idolized in any serious way.
>>
>>45941864
It's unknown if the T:au would be able to function if they were on the same scale as humanity. The sheer distance requires warp travel. T'au can't warp. T'au don't know how to handle the chaos that comes with the warp.

All other societies are dying, not societies, or are psychic space bugs.
>>
File: 1373331498277.jpg (154 KB, 604x598) Image search: [Google]
1373331498277.jpg
154 KB, 604x598
>>45941456

I feel that the Imperium is more a theocratic soviet shit hole.
>>
>>45940911
Nah, you have it backwards.

What's great about 40k is that, for all of the grimderp of Dark Elves and Space Indian Caste System, and Spiky Goth Rejects, the Imperium's greatest enemy is itself.

The Imperium's blind unthinking faith, its squabbling factional politics, its inhuman bureaucratic cancer, its endless greed - these things do as much or more damage to the Imperium as its enemies.

Is it grim? Dark, even? Well, yes, I believe you have grasped the essential point of the matter.
>>
>>45942021
Who said anything about scale? Petty fiefdoms of humanity would presumably work just as well. The Imperium is clearly not the only form of organisation that survives in this horrible galaxy, because the setting gives us all these other societies that exist.

The Imperium exists because it's a grimdark thing. Its bloated corpse staggers along, always on the brink of destruction. It's a shit-show of a barely coheisve society that exists to show how shit the uncaring galaxy is. There are other ways of surviving, but the tone of the setting is "EVERYTHING IS BAD FOREVER", so a society worshipping a corpse on a throne, that didn't want to be worshipped like that, with little consideration for the individual is the best way of showing the audience how everything is bad forever.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.