[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running ANIMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 154146-aleni.jpg (287 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
154146-aleni.jpg
287 KB, 1280x1024
Sup /tg/
I will (hopefully) soon be starting up my first game of Anima. It's my first time trying to run the system, any tips?

Oh, also, is it Anima or ANIMA?
>>
1.Anima, not ANIMA nor Anime (but nearly).
2. Be good at math and keep a calculator nearby, use core exxet changes https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw6m-aNBSyZNQm0ycWVIa09sUFk&usp=sharing if not spanish
3. Excuse the bad translation, core exxet never unless you all bitch on ffg forums for it
4. IT'S the heaviest crunch game i've played, starting it it's hard once you're done it gets easier but it's very crunch, if you don't enjoy crunchy games you might not like it
>>
>>45926173
Cheers; I've already made up a little google sheet for doing the damage calculation stuff, good to know it wasn't a waste of time
Do you know if FFG ever released any example NPC stats? Like for Inquisitors
>>
>>45926406
>Do you know if FFG ever released any example NPC stats?
Nope! We did get official stats (translation somewhere), anima official characters are not minmaxed, in fact they're the opposite.
>Like for Inquisitors
Level 6+ normally, packing judicators and enough issues to make freud cum.
>>
>>45926173
All this, you might want to make your own tables btw.

My GM has written out the tables he finds most useful. Its crunchy but once you and your players get use to it, its simple.

Oh and magic. Its fine for every class but wizards. We have one player who's a wizard that can do everything. And i mean everything, even one shot a boss encounter (twice) and thats not because the GM is bad rather wizards are op since they can act directly. Every other class has to wait for accumulation in some sort of form, wizards act then accumulate.

I'm currently playing a summoner and during most combat sequences im channelling. I do have methods of channelling outside of combat but it is a problem when you can't pick your combat encounter. My current GM has drawn inspiration from asuras wrath and when ever they see someone channelling the enemies try to geek who ever is doing.
>>
>>45926529
Wizards accumulate like cunts and tend to run low on zeon constantly, you mean mentalism, right?

Also be warned that summoning is broken IF the dm gives you time and monsters.
>>
File: Musclewizard.jpg (35 KB, 480x246) Image search: [Google]
Musclewizard.jpg
35 KB, 480x246
>>45926529
Channeling? I don't remember that ability from the books, what does it do?

Also, what do you mean act directly? Wizards should still need to accumulate Zeon before casting spells, unless they have crazy-out-the-ass MA

Pic related, basically one players character concept
>>
>>45926611
I think he means accumulate.

Basically mentalism is broken as it has no scaling at all, as with summoning (which is basically "how much time does the DM give me to get pokemon?" needs a small rework, better scaling for example). Level 1-5? broken as fuck 6-8? It's pretty meh 9+? Fucking useless.
>>
>>45925091
>any tips?

Don't?
>>
>>45926677
Luckily, I don't think any of them took any summoning ability. Mentalism means psychics right? Do you mean that Psychics are useless from 9+ or that Summoning is useless from 9+?
>>
>>45926611
>>45926593
>>45926677

Channelling as a term to cast the spell. When you're a summoner i get massive negatives of casting it instantly.

As for for the wizard in the party he has high MA. Something like 1000+
You can also regen zeon in other ways, one of them being taking it from party members who don't use it. Forcing people into giving you Zeon and lastly if you meditate for 6 hours you accumulate twice the amount.

And yeah I have a monster but the GM never seems to give enough time, its a familiar. Most of the time in combat im just dodging and thats it.
>>
>>45926841
How did he get his MA so high? You'd have to be crazy high level
>>
>>45926765
Psy, basically high level magic is "I make a mountain" or "That person. It does not exist." high level physical is "I'm a walking quake" or "I'm omnipresent" high ki is "I'm fucking goku" or "I'm madara uchiha". High level mentalism is "Waow, you get +10 more attack, nice" or "This is awesome! But it will also murder me"( Aleph)

>>45926841
>1000MA
Impossible. Literally impossible. At 20 int, 35 base MA 27~ or so multiples (1350 DP, 1890DP total, that's level 14 and spending all of your magic DP sans 10 into MA) to get 1000 MA.

At some point someone did wrong math. Also http://animaunico.helechaloscuro.net/
>>
>>45927092
I would have through the ability to freely restructure 100 tons of matter would be pretty useful. But yeh, a lot of the high-end psychic powers do look a bit feeble in comparison to Magic
>>
>>45927450
The problem is that zen-tier is just "The same, but a bit bigger" and is nearly impossible to reach.
>>
>>45927538
Ah well, the game is starting at lvl1 anyway; so psychics won't be totally useless for a while at least
>>
>>45927661
Conversely, psychics are retardedly overpowered at early levels if the player is smart.

Nothing quite beats a telepath forcing PSR140+ checks against brain-death every turn from the start of the campaign. Hope lots of people took See Supernatural.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.