[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Play by Post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 42779515_p0.png (2 MB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
42779515_p0.png
2 MB, 900x1200
What are some good websites to do non-freeform PbP roleplaying on? Hopefully with a good community, minimal insularity, and tolerance for weeaboo preferences.

Is Myth-Weavers.com any good? What about RPoL.net, RpNation.com, or TheTangledWeb.net?
>>
I used to play a game that both had it's own forum and used to host games on other forums called Roll2Dodge.

That was probably back in 2010 so I have no idea if it's still alive, but it was pretty neat back in the day.
>>
You're gonna scream, you're gonna kick and punch and say "no no no"
But I can tell you that, if you can sift through the toilet that is tumblr you can find maybe a decent group or two.
your experiences may vary
>>
>>45925051
...how does that even work? It's an image sharing site masquarading as a blog service.
>>
>>45926834
I'm assuming that play by post means you write something and someone else responds to it.
There's roleplay groups where usually you type a paragraph and then someone in the group replies to it and that becomes a thread shared between the two of you. Of course you can have other people join in as well.

If I've made the wrong assumption, feel free to correct me.
>>
>>45926909
Had a friend who was into tumblr PbPs. It's something like that - if I understood it correctly, they basically made "circles" of blogs, following each other and no one else, and sometimes had separate blogs of OT talk
>>
>>45929222
Yeah, something like that.
Circles, or groups.
I've only been involved in a few, a friend I have recently made one, based in the Fire Emblem universe
It's alright, there's a lot of mary-sue types and edgy people. But once in awhile you can sift through and find a decent roleplayer or two.
>>
Anime freeform forum roleplay!
>>
>>45925051
>>45929296

These seem nice but everytime I think of Tumblr+Circles all I get is Circlejerk Dramabomb. Even with a decent roleplayer has the game stayed longer than 1-3 short campaigns/oneshots?
>>
>>45931634
I've had a thread with someone that lasted more than half a year, and I've seen threads that've lasted even longer.
As far as Drama goes, I've only had to deal with one psychopath, I got a rise out of her by being so aloof with the whole Ferguson thing
If you look around, and try to find the more mature people read: people who aren't teenagers I'm sure you'll get a decent amount of bang for your buck.
>>
Having fun with the /tg/ pirate crew, which is against expectations.
>>
>>45930681
My most guilty pleasure.

at least i don't entirely suck at it
>>
>>45931965
Where?
>>
>>45924700
Rpol is a big hub of system-based PbP, including dierolling mechanics in the posts.

>good community
Never, nowhere, not in any wide open internet space.
You will ALWAYS be a gold digger sitting at a muddy riverbank.
>>
>>45934822
What about Myth-Weavers?
>>
>>45934859
Ah right, that too.

Second half still applies.
>>
>>45934880
Myth-Weavers looks like it's full of teenage westaboos who insist on everyone being a grizzled, middle-aged human mercenary with PTSD though.
>>
I'm a frequenter of mythweavers. The community is alright and it's not too difficult to find games, it's just a matter of finding one that you're actually excited for. There's good roleplayers and bad roleplayers, just like anywhere, it's just a matter of finding a group that you like.

Oh, and your campaign will die. It WILL die, absolutely, not a chance in hell of survival. Either the GM will get bored and the game stops outright, or one of the players gets bored and stops posting, so everyone ELSE has to stop posting because of COURSE his/her character is being relied on in this particular scene. And it will die, every time. Give it a couple months, tops.

But in the mean time, you get to have fun learning new systems and daydreaming about new characters, and that's really what it's all about. Not actually progressing anywhere with those characters, god for-fucking-BID.
>>
>>45934549
Bon Voyage RP, though it's an anime RP.
>>
>>45936625
>Bon Voyage RP
>One Piece

No thanks.
>>
>>45936643
Each his own. We're getting underway though.
>>
>>45935077
So what you're saying is that games should be PLANNED as mayflies, quick and short, in order to reach conclusion and get a new thing rolling.

>>45936643
Well what'd you expect from "pirate crew", disney movies?
>>
>>45936728
Pretty much right, but also that a game should never rely on a character/player acting to continue. Only the GM is required (so long as players are still posting), and I'm always on the lookout for a viable way to change that.
>>
>>45936785
Yeah I just go "screw it, that guy's lost in thought, anybody else post anything to move along"

Had a pretty bad experience with a group of shits killing a pretty long game by whining "but we are RPing, why do you hate us?!" to the GM. While it was only two of them doing it, separately from everybody else, and everybody else was waiting for the time to move to next day. And then the two just stopped posting entirely, but it took weeks and thus R.I.P.
>>
>>45924700
I use Tangledweb, it's bretty gud when it's good but awful when it's bad.
You can find a lot of members who are damn good and damn consistent, though I'll spare you name-dropping.
There are a hell of a lot of players, though, so you'd fare best as a DM.
>>
>>45936911
>it's bretty gud when it's good but awful when it's bad.
That's how it always goes, doesn't it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.