[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tide of Ages Quest Pt.35
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Stone age 2.jpg (173 KB, 440x441) Image search: [Google]
Stone age 2.jpg
173 KB, 440x441
>Essential stats: http://pastebin.com/jsfxVKt7
>Archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Tide%20of%20Ages
>Twitter for new thread alerts: https://twitter.com/Line_of_Heroes

Apologies for there not being a thread on Monday. What can I say; life caught up with me.

Under your exhortation, work resumes on the temple. Earth is raised, layered with stones to hold it in place and the ditch is dug, dozens of feet pounding the earth flat and solid and strong and the two paths that will sweep around the mound and up to the top start to be dug in. It will take some time before the hill raises to its full height and grass covers it once again and just as long before it is ready for the construction that will stand atop it. Great standing stones will mark the path up to a central space where statues of the gods will stand, carved into the pillars that hold up the roof of the temple proper. Even if the roof should fall, or the walls collapse, the stones and the pillars and the mound will stand for years, even generations to come, for your children and your children's children to remember your deeds. All that is in the future however, as for now, you still need to construct your creation. Your people are motivated, but there is still a long, long way to go and the materials will not be easy to come by.
>>
>>45924364
Time passes and it is now early summer, the warm sun beating down on one and all.

The traders are glad to see you back at the market place. They once again offer their exotic goods, but at your suggestion of them transporting raw material for the temple, the smiles fade and there's a lot of concerned discussion. Building materials are heavy and take up a lot of space they could use for smaller, lighter and higher-value goods. Your offer would have to be VERY enticing and probably include magic as well as mundane goods.

>To barter, roll 4d10 (Charisma)
>Offer items to lower the target number, or if you offer nothing, you trade for generic supplies that you have plenty of.

>Beads
>Shells
>Fine tools
>Exotic, spotted furs
>Carved bones and art objects
>Flashing beads that shine like fire
>Empty quartz

>Order building materials
>>
Rolled 2, 7, 8, 4 = 21 (4d10)

>Offer them healing and direct blessings along with furs in exchange for building materials.

yessss I caught this quest! Fox witch queen when? Best civ game runner
>>
>>45924442
I'm thinking now. That's not very inticing. Maybe we offer them permanent shelter and healing whenever they come through. They can keep their stuff here, safe and bring any sick or injured to heal. We attach it to the temple so that they have a hand in building their future.
>>
I can't think of what to offer because I don't know the availability of the trade goods or how difficult they are to get
>>
Rolled 10, 10, 5, 5 = 30 (4d10)

yeah let me roll for that offer. A safe haven and healing for now and all future generations. A pact with the gods through us for safe travels and a direct line in exchange for materials. And think, the heavy materials may take up more space for more valuable things, but a trading depot is an investment in the future. Ask the herders about out generosity and kindness.
>>
>>45924550
Well we don't have much yet but we can offer safety and unity, along with good health. We need to be making strides to bring more people into our camp and get that whole civilization thing going. what better opportunity than to get people who roam far and wide to spread the message about us.
>>
Alright, that looks like enough. No-one else is voting, so I'll call it and start figuring out what's going on.
>>
>>45924584

This is an excellent idea, though we might want to beef up our defenses within the next generation or two, they might drag down some trouble on us.

I was also thinking that the gods have blessed the people collecting materials and making the work easier so it seems like those blessing would extend to the traders as well as long as the materials are dedicated to the temple
>>
>>45924584
I like this.
I would have liked fine tools. Should help with both farming and building. I think the fire beads are iron? We really need to see what kind of tech we can buy if not for ourselves our tribe.
If we need a lot more resources we can talk to mesut and use both of our powers of influence to use our food for new weapons/tools/structure and labor if need be.
We should try to have the most tech, that tribes/clans want to befriend us. And so we can absorb them.
We should see the strangers soon for trade and talk of merging some people into our clan among our tribe.
>>
>>45926186
I agree, but trading for it now distracts us from really the main objective. We need to become an fully agricultural society. We're getting there with farming and granaries, even animal husbandry. With good food we can increase population and with that have people invest in becoming craftsmen. That's when tech is going to take off. In the short term we need to get our replacement ready because we're gonna die soon. We're almost 40? We have to prepare, unless the magic keeps us going for a long while. We also cannot focus to much inwards, lest a violent tribe comes along and destroys us.
>>
Sorry for the delay everyone. My usual problems are back. Gonna try and keep going, but this thread might be a little bare-bones...

The traders are all very eager at the idea of having a safe haven they can rely upon, as well as your offer of healing whenever they need it. However, they are unsure how much they can help you, given the sheer difficulty in transporting large cargo so far. The concept of a trading 'depot' is somewhat too advanced for anyone's current understanding of trade and exchange and so never enters into the conversation. Eventually, they agree to bring what they can, in exchange for your preferential treatment.

The negotiations don't take very long and you can still trade for other luxuries.

>Beads
>Shells
>Fine tools
>Exotic, spotted furs
>Carved bones and art objects
>Empty quartz

>End trading
>>
Rolled 9, 1, 6, 2 = 18 (4d10)

>>45927194
>>Exotic, spotted furs
In exchange for some healing now and maybe something we can spare. NO GOATS
>>
Rolled 9, 4, 9, 7 = 29 (4d10)

>>45927256
Ill support this.
>>
Rolled 1, 9, 5, 6 = 21 (4d10)

>>45927194
>>Fine tools
In exchange for wild grains, healing right now.
fine tools should help us with most things we do.
Flashing beads is metal.
Can we ask about tech they have knowledge of and willing to sell, or may be able to obtain?
>>
Rolled 4, 9, 5, 7 = 25 (4d10)

Healing, prayers and regular furs for Empty Quartz. Gotta be able to do some magic with them!
>>
File: Leopard and kill.jpg (195 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
Leopard and kill.jpg
195 KB, 768x512
>>45927256
It takes a lot of haggling. The furs are among the more exotic and rare good the traders possess. As you try to negotiate a fair price in exchange for the more common goat skins and useful bones that you've accumulated, the traders spin stories of the spotted beasts that once wore those gold and black skins. Apparently, they would hide in trees, basking in in the hot sun and attack their prey with great ferocity in sudden ambushes. One of the traders shows you a hooked claw longer than his finger as proof. You have to admit that you wouldn't want to face one of those beasts in battle, especially if they are half as fierce as the trader says.

>You bartered for fine exotic furs that can be used for higher-quality items

It is now late summer. What will you do?
>Hunt the aurochs 1d10 (Strength -Blind)
>Fish in the river 1d10 (Skill +Trait -Blind)
>Explore the forest
>Explore up the valley
>Explore the hills
>Try and investigate something new (List options)
>Make something special (List options)
>See what the mood of the clan is like, talk to people and get to know them (free)
>Change your active jobs (free)
>Try to summon a new god
>Make offerings to a god
>Bring more land under cultivation/construction (List options)
>Barter at the market
>Other
>>
>>45930303
>Explore the hills
tell everyone we meet that if they come to our village they will be given food
>>
>summon the God of Evil, so that there is balance and we know and name our enemy.
>>
>>45930303
I want fine tools.
But next time I guess.
I say we visit the strangers. See if the power struggle is done take food with us and trade for stuff and see about taking in some people. Since there will likely be people opposed to the new leadership, possibly others and Mysilks family.
>>
>>45930303
>Make something special (List options)
All good shamans need a cloak, use the newly acquired furs to make one
>>
>>45930754

Seconding this, I want to see how the Strangers are doing, do the traders make their rounds there as well? If they don't we can let them know that they come through our settlement and that should facilitate closer bonds between ourselves and the Strangers
>>
>>45930754
Uhm... So you're aware, the traders are still here. They will be until early fall, or thereabouts.
>>
>>45930754
>>45931124
Then lets try and bargain for some Fine Tools. What do we have to offer?

Speaking of which, we need to get our family to do some like, wood working or something in their spare time so we have trade goods available.
>>
Rolled 9, 2, 1, 2 = 14 (4d10)

>>45932291
what do we have to trade? I assume we don't have much to trade considering we just bought furs with healing and spare wild grain?
if we still have a decent amount left over I am willing?
idk how much meat/units of wild grains we have of surplus.
And the cost of said items. But I understand that could lead to a big mess of numbers. And this game has never been about that. So i just assume we don't do half measures. either yes or no kinds of things.

But If you're telling me we have a decent amount of units of food left over I say we trade for the fine tools. with w.e surplus we have left over of the wild grains. And then head over as soon as that is done. To the stranger and try and trade and gain some allies/absorb some into our family.
>>
Rolled 4, 10, 7, 2 = 23 (4d10)

>>45932651
If we can do this before seeing the strangers yeah
>>
>>45932651
You have a metric fuckload of grain, yeah. It's not super-valuable, but it'll help bring the target number down if you elect to trade it.

Honestly, I was bending the rules slightly to give you the leopard skin. Trading that for diddly squat should have been much harder.

We'll do some trading when I wake up. I am so sorry about my pace tonight.
>>
>>45933018
I assume the fuck ton of grain will be worth much more to the strangers. than the herders since they have goats and trade a bit.
If you do get to talk to either party during our trading can we ask if they have any tech they would sell us that we don't have. and what they would want in exchange.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.