[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fallen london
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Fanghatred.png (13 KB, 100x130) Image search: [Google]
Fanghatred.png
13 KB, 100x130
Thread name says it all. Anybody play this awesome shit? I mean, it has fucking devils making brandy from peoples souls and mirror-travelling eye-stealing spiders which are governed by dozens of spiders literally glued together. Why aren't you playing it right fucking now?
>>
>>45921459
I love this setting and I wish I could figure out how to port it to the tabletop. Have to say I prefer Sunless Sea to the browser game though.
>>
>>45921565
sunless sea is awesome as well. The browser game has the feeling of old solo adventures, like lone wolf. There were already discussions of porting the setting to tabletop on the failbetter forums, don't know if anything was actually done about it. I think it would be quite possible
>>
I'm not playing it right fucking now because it's a piece of shit facebook-tier game where I'm limited in how many things I can do a day without giving them money.
>>
>>45921677
you're limited in how things you can do in a day either way. It's not a game you play all day long.
>>
>>45921654
Don't Rest Your Head has some similarities. Wouldn't be hard to keep the system and change the setting.
>>
>>45921750
I'd like to keep the four qualites watchful, dangerous, persuasive and shadowy in some capacity. Perhaps one could use them as main attributes, in addition to skills or something.
>>
>>45921654
You're right, someone made a fan game using Fate on the forums. There was also the official Knife and Candle game, but that died.
The biggest pitfall to me is imitating their narrative style and converting the game to a multiplayer experience.
>>
>>45921772
>I'd like to keep the four qualites watchful, dangerous, persuasive and shadowy in some capacity
Would adapting it to an Apocalypse World hack be a bad idea? Making up proper archetypes would be a bitch though.
>>
>>45921844
Indeed, converting the peculiar type of language utilised in fallen london to a game of pen and paper is bound to prove very trifling.
>>
>>45921844
I don't think the mp experience would be a hard conversion. Build your party and explore and learn.

But, and this goes for the narrative style as well, any Fallen London RPG would depend HEAVILY on a good DM.
>>
>>45921910

Yes, this is not something for beginners, especially as far the DM is concerned. Would require lots of preparation and creativity.
>>
No it's purposefully obtuse and full of random shit. It could be good if it didn't try to be making up random shit for currencies or actually went in depth on why the barony of hell is next door instead of just saying 'lol devil in a tophat and glasses'.

It is steampunk at it's worst.
>>
>>45922055
they do explain this...you find out about it in-game. The currencies and their purpose are explained as well in due time. You would know all this if you had actually played the game.
>>
>>45922117
It is not explained either in the vidya or the online browser buy our shit bullshit.
>>
>>45922190
You find out about the setting in fallen london. You don't just get all the information shoved up your ass, since much of it is actually not known to everyone. You have to work to find out, that's partly what makes the game interesting
>>
File: Complete FLRPG.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Complete FLRPG.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45921459
I'm a RoSI: Extraordinary Mind, which basically means I've done everything in the game I care to do at this point.
It's novel, which gives it merit, but it's not much more than that.
>TFW your Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit Chief dies fighting the Big Rat's Minions

But file related is probably what you're looking for in terms of /tg/.
>>
>>45922373
thanks, this will prove useful.
>>
>>45922292
But that's wrong.

You do not find out about very basic questions regarding the setting. This is tryhard steampunk at it's worst.
>>
>>45922698
You do find out why the city fell. And you do find out what's up with the currency, or at least it's heavily hinted. What precisely remains unanswered?
>>
>>45922750
Stop trying anon, the guy's obviously not interested in the truth.

>>45921459
I stopped playing because I finished all of the free content... back when the level cap was 160 and never returned after.
>>
>>45921459
>Why aren't you playing it right fucking now?
I'm planning to run LotFP in, basically, Fallen London. I just need less job and more free time to round up my players.

>>45921565
I'd use the Sunless Sea skill set (Fires, Mirrors, Pages, Hearts, Veils) in a Fate Accelerated game. It just looks like the simpler solution.

>>45921677
The idea behind that is pacing, mostly. Exceptional Friendship (aka subscription) only increases that limited amount of actions you can do.

>>45923358
Yes, Anon, you need to remember that the content was and is incomplete at the moment, so the lore isn't finished yet. The creators have explicitly told so.

It's not like they're throwing stuff around. It's just that the stories aren't really over. There's still no end-content for ambitions.

>>45922373
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I just started that story.
>>
>>45923583
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I just started that story.
Don't feel too bad, anon:
One, you can get him back with Fate
Two, there's only a chance he dies- and alive or not, he ends the story redeemed.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.