[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Mesa quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 6
File: Black-Mesa.jpg (57 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Black-Mesa.jpg
57 KB, 1680x1050
As the title says this will be a quest about you the player(s) to survive as a black mesa employee during the Resonance Cascade in the Black Mesa reseatch facility.

Year: 1999 AD

Subject: (You guys can come up with a good name)

>Scientist (bonus on events/skills revolving around intelligence, negative regarding those of psysical nature)

>Security guard (Bonus on psysical events, negative on intelligence, but get a slight bonus regaring small arms, also starts with a pistol)

>Engineer (Has the option to make use of work equipment like blowtorches, wrenches, etc to solve and overcome problems)

>Janitor (Nothing special about this except that a janitor get a bonus when it comes to navigation)

The system will work in this way: You choose an action and roll for it, after three votes (and three rolls) I will pick the highest (or lowest depending on the situation) roll. The roll system is easy. Below 50 = bad. Above 50 = good. And the various classes get's a 10+ or 10- in various situations.

So before we start this you guys need to vote what class you want to play as.
>>
>>45915627
>Engineer (Has the option to make use of work equipment like blowtorches, wrenches, etc to solve and overcome problems)
>>
>>45915806
Ok, one vote so far. I will wait for 15 more minutes and if no other votes has come in then this one wins by default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaXsb5kS31s

Also some background music to set the scene and the mood
>>
>>45915627
>Janitor (Nothing special about this except that a janitor get a bonus when it comes to navigation)
>>

Allmighty janitor master race
>>
>>45915960
I'll join the almighty janitor train.
>>
>>45915940
>>45915960
>>45915984
Janitor wins. Writing

Also try to come up with a name
>>
>>45916005
Janet
>>
>>45916014
Or Jane Tor
>>
>>45916005
Gordon Frohman, because I like that old "Concerned" webcomic. Alternatively, if that's too silly, Howard Philips.
>>
>>45916005
Otis.

Thank you OP for doing this
>>
>>45916026
Seconding.
>>
>>45916014
I'll support Janet. She'll be annoyed as hell at all the jokes made at her expense.
>>
>>45916081
this
>>
>>45916041
Seconding Howard Phillips.
>>
>>45916081
probably why she gives everyone at work the silent treatment
>>
File: 475356100.jpg (149 KB, 339x509) Image search: [Google]
475356100.jpg
149 KB, 339x509
It is 8.55 am, you work as a janitor in the Level 2 research facility where all the eggheads do thier clean and boring work. Atleast you are greatefull for you cousin for giving you the chance for a work here as he works in Level 3 security.

You have just finished mopping one of the corridors in one of the many break rooms here in the offices when you suddenly hear the fire alarm go off and not soon after that, explosions. Your grab your trusty mop and window cleaner and begin your journey.

What do you want to do?
>Find another employee to ask what is going on
>Try and find a telephone
>Continue to work
>Something else (write in)

Going with Janet since that name had the most votes
>>
>>45916165
>Find another employee to ask what is going on
Specifically, a security guard. They're most likely to know what's going on.
>>
>>45916165
>grab a crowbar
>>
>>45916165
Follow fire alarm standard instructions. I'd assume this would mean going to a certain spot and gathering with the rest of the employees?
>>
>>45916165
what this anon said >>45916213
>>
>>45916213
>>45916223
You remember from your introduction (the only part of the introduction you didn't sleep through) that in an event of a fire alarm all personell shall meet up at the nearest stairwell to the surface.
But where was the nearest stairwell?
(Roll time, I will pick the highest of the first 3 rolls, and as a janitor you get a +10 to this roll)
>>
Rolled 53 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45916260
Assuming 1d100
also you in assieland or something boss?
>>
Rolled 24 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45916260
>>
>>45916272
Nope, Swedenland
>>
Rolled 54 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45916260
Go go janitorial navigation skills!
>>
>>45916282
I see......

>>45916283
Damn you one up man!
>>
>>45916283
64, this one wins.

After a few minutes of jogging in a quick phase you finnaly find the correct way, the thing is the lights are out in the corridor, and there is what loogs like a scientist standing in the middle of the corridor with his back facing you.

What do you do?
>Walk up to the scientist and ask him/her what has happend?
>Yell out something, like hello, are you ok, etc..
>Find another way around
>>
>>45916313
Looks*

I hate when I make small spelling erros like that!
>>
>>45916313
Yell out something.
>>
>>45916313
Slowly approach him, as if he's ok. Do we have a flashlight or anything? Might be handy to use that if the lights are out.

I assume we don't have a kickass self-recharging flashlight like that of the HEV suit.
>>
>>45916313
>>
>>45916313
>>
>>45916323
's ok, I know the feeling. We still know what you meant, and if people are dicks enough to point out typo's and spelling mistakes I'd rather be without those people anyway. I'm a spelling/grammar nazi myself but calling people out in quest threads is just annoying and immersion breaking.
>>
File: black-mesa-source-office.jpg (1008 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
black-mesa-source-office.jpg
1008 KB, 1600x1200
You yell out if the scentist is ok when he suddenly turns at your direction and growls and what he takes a step forward into a bit of light you can see 'something' latched ontop of his head, and his arms seems to been growing claws and the blood...the blood is everywhere.
It begins to slowly walk towards you.
(Also I should point out that you only have the following items on you: Your trusty mop, one bottle of window cleaner and your keys to a few doors and janitorial supply closets)

What do you want to do?
>Walk towards "it"
>Tell it to step back!?
>Raise your mop as a makeshift weapon
>>
>>45916395
>Tell it to step back!?
>Raise your mop as a makeshift weapon
>>
>>45916395
Holy shit run. Can we get to the stairs or do we need to go past it for that?
>>
>>45916395
Nope the fuck out of there
>>
>>45916395
RUN
RUN LIKE A PROPER BUCK or deer.
>>
>>45916395
>one bottle of window cleaner
I assume it's not the pre-WW2 canned flammable type...
Also it doesn't seem to have visible eyes so spraying it at it won't do us much good.
>>
The only thing that came to your mind when it stepped into the light was "run" and "run fast". So you leg it in the firection you came from and before you know it you are back in the office section you just cleaned, only that this place is a lot messier that when you left it.
You hear in the back end of the corridor a large painfull moan and the thing screaming "EM PLEH!" before it begins to moan and groan again.
You look around the office and you can see two offices with closed door and a corridor that leads to an elevator.
Where do you want to go, and you should hurry, becuase the thing is still comming after you
>>
>>45916452
Wouldn't help even if it did. Headcrabs and their zombies are really chemical-resistant, they walk around with exposed rib cages in toxic waste. Nothing safe for use as a cleaner in an office environment will even phase them.
>>
>>45916471
elevator
>>
>>45916471
Can we block the door behind us somehow? After that, head for the elevator, there's some service ladders in the shaft normally.
>>
>>45916471
Offices. Never use the elevators in an emergency. Doubly so in Black Mesa, where all the elevators are rigged to kill the inhabitants the moment anything goes wrong.
>>
>>45916491
We have to get to the surface immediately.
Use the elevator's maintenance hatch and climb the ladder.
>>
>>45916476
True, though IC we wouldn't know that. It won't work against soldiers either, but...

Oh my god we just found the perfect weapon against Houndeyes.
>>
File: 25860_front.jpg (99 KB, 640x865) Image search: [Google]
25860_front.jpg
99 KB, 640x865
>Black Mesa Janitor

this quest has potential.
>>
>>45916488
>>45916484
>>45916507

You head towards the elevator, but not before placing a filing cabinet in the corridor so it can atleast slow down whatever is chasing you.

And as you round the corner you can see what looks like a scientist running towards the elevator shaft and as he runs through the corridor you notice that a large chunk of the ceiling has been damanged and many cables, pipes etc are dangling down into the corridor.

But as the scientist runs through the mess of cables hanging down something wraps around his neck and drags him up. You can hear his desperate screams before a loud *crunch* silence him.
He did drop a flashlight though.

What do you want to do?
>Go back
>Try and run throuh the cables as the scientist did
>Wait for a moment to see what happends
>>
>>45916587
>Wait for a moment to see what happends
Freaking barnacles. How do they get planted on the ceilings so fast?
>>
>>45916587
Grab the flashlight and stay clear of the fleshy cables.
>>
>>45916587
>toss your window clear at the hanging thing, then go for the flashlight
>>
>>45916587
Grab the flashlight, try to pass by without touching the cables if possible. If not, wait and see for a moment.
>>
So many diffrent votes here. I'll wait for a few more minutes to see if any other votes have appeared
>>
>>45916667

>>45916625
>>45916638
these two are pretty much the same I think? At least grabbing the flashlight is almost unanimous.
>>
You decide to try and crawl under the cables and the weird flesh, cable, tounge, whatever it is.

Ok, time for another roll, below 50 = bad and above 50 = good. I will pick the nest of the first three rolls, good luck
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>45916727
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>45916727
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>45916727
>>
>>45916750
I'll worship you as a god good sir.
>>
>>45916807
cool cool, take a level in cleric. My only commands are kill goats for they suck, use roll under systems when possible and always praise my name when a crit is rolled
>>
>>45916807
I... Have no objections to any of these. My old favourite and first ever TTRPG system is dark heresy.
>>
File: Black_mesa.jpg (11 KB, 609x480) Image search: [Google]
Black_mesa.jpg
11 KB, 609x480
>>45916750
You manage to dodge the cables with ease and grab the flashlight. You also manage to find a kitchen knife. It was probably also held by the scientist before he died.

With the weird toung thing behind you you can see the elevator with it's doors open and lamps lighting up the inside of it, almost like nothing has happend to it. There is a small door next to the elevator labled "service shaft", normally you would have entered the door without a second thought.

But the small glass window on the service door has a bloody handprint on the other side

(Items you have so far: Your mop, a bottle of window cleaner, keys for various rooms, a flashlight and a simple kitchen knife)

Now, what do you want to do?

>Step into the elevator and start it
>Go into the service shaft
>Do nothing
>Go back
>>
>>45916837
meant to link >>45916827
>>
>>45916844

>>45916837
Gooood goooooood
>>
>>45916844
Poke a button on the elevator with your mop, wait until it moves. If it doesn't, just go into the service shaft.
>>
>>45916844
>>
File: elevator.jpg (54 KB, 530x374) Image search: [Google]
elevator.jpg
54 KB, 530x374
You decide to step into the service chaft, and as you step through it you can see the thing that followed you before comming around the corner growling.

On the other side of the service shaft you can see the entire elevator shaft both up and down. Down below you can hear the sound of water, probably a pipe that burst.

There is another door a few meters ahead of you, but there is also a ladder on the wall next to you, the ladder itself has traces of blood on it.
What do you do?
>Go towards the door infront of you
>Climb the ladder
>Go back out again
>>
>>45916948
>Climb the ladder
>>
>>45916948
Go up the ladder. If it's dark, use the flashlight to check in advance far enough. Don't like that blood being there...

Here's just hoping zombies can't climb ladders.
>>
>>45916948
>Climb the ladder
>>
Guys, sorry to pause the quest here but something personal has come up that I need to do. But I think I will be back in 1½ to 2 hours. So please keep this thread alive by bumping and disucussing between yourselves. Im sorry for this inconvenience. I'll resume the quest soon.
>>
>>45917000
Understandable. Also nice trips.

I'm wondering if there's gonna be any chance of us encountering the other games' protagonists or the G-man.

Also wondering if we actually went through the Hazard course, or if that's only for the scientists operating hazardous materials etc. If we ever find an HEV suit we're gonna be in a lot of trouble if we haven't.
>>
>>45917000
Shall do. When unsure and underground, head upwards.
>Climb the ladder
>>
So, what about those mawmen eh?
>>
>>45917029
Well, the resonance cascade and initial lab crawl is all on Level 3, and Level 1 is the surface, so we're probably heading away from the 1(?) remaining suit Freeman encountered. I don't think any of the other Protags ran across any other unused ones.
>>
>>45917056
Mawmen? You mean the headcrab zombies?

Shit, now I dread our first encounter with an actual headcrab... We don't have a nifty HEV suit to protect us yet.
>>
>>45917072
Hmm, I'd find it odd that that would be the only remaining HEV suit in the facility, especially since they seem to be ubiquitous for those that go to Xen.
Might be limited to Lambda complex itself though. Best find ourselves some decent security guard's armour then.
>>
>>45917084
damn it, you didn't take the bait.
Also, having a helmet would be nice. Or a bucket over our head.
>>
>>45917131
I can already see it. Janet, the almighty janitor. She wields her mighty mop and window cleaner, and wears only the finest of buckets as her armour.
>>
>>45917144
based janet, the true hero of black mesa.
>>
>>45917211
Don't need a PHD to kick alien ass.

And fucking hell I hate the newest captcha's ... YES I DID mark down all street names, you just seemed to think there were more when there weren't captcha!
>>
>>45917242
you can go back to the old one in the settings
>>
>>45917274
Thank you based anon
>>
>>45917123
I think its just that the suits are normally limited to "Super top secret" activities-pretty much entirely Xen, with a side case for anyone handling that massive crystal.
>>
>>45917375
Probably it, yeah. Looks like we're stuck with bucket armour until we find a security checkpoint or something.
>>
>>45917393
Ooh, thought. As a janitor, would we have skeleton or floor keys? Wouldn't get us into security checkpoints most likely but could do us some favours.
>>
>>45917481
most security checkpoints used retinal scanners.
especially the topside ones that were fortified.
>>
>>45917481
> keys for various rooms

Looks like we don't have a master key, but it'll probably get us around in the non-restricted areas. Imagine how much easier and less convoluted Office Complex would have been if Gordon just had the keys to the doors...

I still imagine the guards have the same if not better master keys though, but we might be able to get some scientists to help us out with this. They can unlock the iris scanners for us, we do the mundane doors.
>>
Im back!

>>45916963
>>45916973
>>45916975

You decide not to risk any futher danger and instead climb the ladder to the surface, and as you start to climb you hear baning on the door you came from.

It's the monster you ran away from earlier, but you ignore it for now and start to climb and on your way up the ladder you come across a broken vent, it doesn't seem big enougn for a person to fit through though.

What do you?
>Keep on climbing
>Look inside the vent
>>
>>45917884
>Keep on climbing
>>
>>45917884
Welcome back
>Keep on climbing
>>
>>45917884
Aw, take a look! A spare battery pack or something might always come in handy.
>>
>>45917938
Too many spooky things have happened. Might be more monsters
headcrabs
>>
still here op?
>>
>>45918099
Yes sorry, had to do some stuff.

You keep on climbing up the ladder untill you reach a new platform with a door.

As you enter the door into a new room you get supriced to hear a voice screaimg: "Bob! I've got you buddy! Just hold on!"

What do you do?
>Investigate the voices
>Slowly search the room you have entered
>>
>>45918180
>Investigate the voices
>>
>>45918180
Investigate!

Other survivors are gonna be crucial to get out.
>>
You decide to investigate the voices, and inside a supply closet are two people, one scientist and a security guard.
The guard seems to have had his foot stuck on one of those tounge things in the ceiling, while the scientist desperatly tries to hold on onto the guard.

(You have the following items: Your mop, a bottle of window cleaner, a set of keys, a flashlight and a kitchen knife)

What do you want to do?
>Help them
>Walk out
>Do nothing
>>
>>45918322
Shove your mop into the things mouth! Choke on that!
>>
>help them
>write in
>>45918330
+1
>>
>>45918330
I was about to suggest the same.
>>
>>45918322
>>Help them
Find some tape so you can rig a spear or something
>>
>>45918534
We'd need something sharp first. Maybe we'll be lucky and this'll be a tool cupboard, where we might be able to find a monkey wrench or something.
>>
So, have you guys come to a conclution on what to do?
>>
>>45918602
I think the push is mop handle now, real weapon later.
>>
You push the mop up into the maw of the alien thing haning in the sealing. It rips of the end of the mop with it's powerfull jaws but releases the security guard.

"Thank you, I thought I was a gonner there, name's Bob, and here is my friend Dr. Schnell"

You now have a scientist and a security guard that can aid you in further tasks.
As you step out into the corridor you can see a stairwell at the end of the corriod, but with further investigation you cn see 2 small four legged creatures. Simular to those that where on the head on the monster down below.

What do you do?
>Walk to the stairwell
>Ask Bob/Dr.Schnell to walk over there
>Go as a group
>Stay where you are
>>
>>45918816
"Hey uh, bob, you got a gun? Those critters don't look too friendly."
>>
>>45919027
^this. Possibly retreat into any empty rooms nearby while we plan.
>>
>>45919027
This
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

You ask Bon if he could shoot the creatures at the stairwell.
"Well, I could give it a shot...no pun intended"
(Two 50+ and both head crabs have been shot)
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>45919326
Oops forgot to include the second die

Also: Bob*
I hate spelling errors
>>
Bob shot one of the creatures, but missed the other one as it fled down into a open vent shaft.
And as you and your party goes up the staris you can see 4 bodies of some scientists. All bleading from thier ears and noses.

What do you want to do?
>Go forward into the corridor
>Investigate the bodies
>Do nothing
>Turn around
>>
>>45919414
Call out, informing your companions at the same time, and look around for signs of movement.
>>
>>45919414
>>Investigate the bodies
Watch the vents
>>
>>45919414
>Investigate the bodies
>>
BUMPU!
>>
>>45919414
Man you're very matter of fact

Get more fluffy with your descriptions man.

Blood oozes from their nose and ears, trickling into shallow crimson puddles by their heads.

Also we should start cleaning up. Might as well drop the corpses down the shat before the head things get em. Clean the puddle while we're at it
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.