[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dire rats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: dire rat.jpg (46 KB, 625x500) Image search: [Google]
dire rat.jpg
46 KB, 625x500
lets put an interesting twist on some of the biggest cliches in table top gaming. the infamous dire rat slaying. to start things off, i will tell you one of my favorites
>bar keep asks adventurers to "take care" of some dire rats in the basement
>bar keep leads adventurers to cellar door
>in the cellar the party sees 2 other groups of adventurers with the rats
>the adventurers are cuddling and feeding the baby dire rats
>bar keep tells the adventures not to leave until the dire rates are properly taken care of, well fed, and well rested.
>>
i know its not the best but lets see what else you got /tg/
>>
>>45913123
And it will keep the muderhobos from:

A) Killing everything

B) Kill the barkeep and raise a company of ratty hobos
>>
>>45913201
I mean, what will.
>>
>>45913201
exactly!
>>
>>45913123
i got another one
>old bar keep asks adventurers to deal with some dire rats making noise in the attic
>says they only come out at night and that it would be best to wait
>adventures find out the "dire rats" are actually rat folk bandits who work for the old lady and try and kill the adventurers.
>>
>>45913287
oops, forgot image
>>
File: vegan.jpg (5 KB, 236x206) Image search: [Google]
vegan.jpg
5 KB, 236x206
>>45913123
>bar keep asks adventurers to "take care" of some dire rats in the basement
>in the cellar the party sees 2 other groups of adventurers chained to the wall in various states of decay
>bar keep locks cellar door behind adventurers. A noxious gas begins to flood the cellar.
>adventurers pass out
>adventurers are awoken by the sounds of a sharpening knife and the bar keep's upbeat whistling
>>
>>45913485
yum, tasty
>>
>>45913123
Can you tame Dire Rats?
>>
>>45913123

I can't remember the last time I've actually seen a dire rat on tabletop in any context, now that you mention it.
>>
File: knight cat.jpg (141 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
knight cat.jpg
141 KB, 700x990
>>45913305
>>45913287
Today is a good day.
>>
>>45913123
>Please adventurers, I need your help tending my DIRE BEES
>>
File: rats_600px.jpg (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
rats_600px.jpg
114 KB, 600x600
>>45913123
>bar keep asks adventurers to "take care" of his dire rat problem
>the cellar doesn't contain dire rats, only normal ones
>many, many normal ones
>>
>>45918236
Hahaha
I love it
>>
>>45913123
>bar keep asks adventurers to "take care" of some dyer rats in the basement
>in the cellar the party finds a collection of tiny, typecast cockney actors
>>
lmayo
>>
>bar keep is actually a bunch of dire rats standing on each other's shoulders wearing human clothes
>>
Sentient giant rat barkeep asks adventurers to take care of the mad hobo that crawled through the window and refuses to leave the basement.
>>
Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
>>
>townfolk ask you to rescue maiden from dragon
>you slay dragon
>unveil maiden
>...it was you all along!

vhat a tweest
>>
>>45917636
You can tame almost anything with Animal Empathy.
>>
>>45921532
Brilliant!!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.