[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You put level one PCs up against goblins But what do you put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 3318948.jpg (176 KB, 1680x1120) Image search: [Google]
3318948.jpg
176 KB, 1680x1120
You put level one PCs up against goblins
But what do you put level one goblins up against?
>>
rats and that in turn upsets the ratmen
>>
Level one PCs.
>>
Just a single level one PC.
>>
>>45896941
Player level or Challenge level? Asking because most games run 3 or 4 goblins per Challenge level.
>>
>>45896966
This. Goblin party is basically mouse guard.>>45896954
>>
>>45896941
5000 lvl 1 goblins against a tarrasque.
>>
>>45896967
>each player controls a band of goblins, numbering equal to their class level x2
>the goblins have to take actions together or else they function as a fraction of their level. Ex. Brian has a lvl 10 fighter goblin hoarde, which means he has 20 goblins who cumulatively are equal to one lvl 10 fighter. If he peels off and only has 10 of said goblins attack an enemy, those goblins fight like a level 5 fighter and so forth. Despite multiple goblins you only roll once, every success or failure is considered an aggregate of multiple hilariously stupid goblin attempts to accomplish something. Ex. Rolling once to bash down a door probably involved 4 or 5 goblins flinging themselves at it bodily until it comes down
>>
>>45896997
>for purposes of reflecting damage, killed goblins do not affect your class level. Rather, 1hp = 1 goblin killed. Dead goblins are immediately replaced, but the band's morale is reduced. This means Bill can lose d10 + con modifier x level in goblins before morale is reduced to 0 and the band scatters, and at -10 it completely routes
>>
>>45896970
For some reason I got the idea that maybe goblins in my setting should be mouse or rat people.

It'd be an interesting idea: it'd explain why they live in warrens or burrows, it'd set them apart from orcs, and they'd probably load themselves up with scary spikey armor and weapons just so people didn't think they were weak fuzzballs.
>>
>>45897018
>>45896997
This. I am running this.
>>
>>45897029
In my setting the goblins/kobolds/halflings/short annoying race are amalgamated into quicklings, an industrious but Ill regarded species that lives to be 30 years max generally, and resemble tiny lizard people with a variety of random traits.mixed in from all sorts of vermin such as rats, moles, lizards, etc. No 2 of the bastards look alike. They tend to live in ramshackle, quickly erected settlements outside cities proper called quicktowns, are good at jewelry and tinkering, but are regarded as suspicious due to their tendency to steal shit not nailed down to build their Warren's, rapid breeding, and squeaky voices.

They also have a racial weapon that is effectively a hive of subterranean bees they throw at people, breaking open the hive and releasing the pissed off, previously hibernating bees
>>
>>45896967
PCs are goblins
>>
>>45896954
/thread
>>
>les clumsy whacky cute memelins

It never ceases to amaze me how /tg/ will latch onto the worst incarnations of races. If Pathfinder had shat out Kender instead of TSR I bet you'd be all over them also.
>>
>>45897286
If they were a race I was expected to kill instead of play as? Fuck yeah.

Imagine having a legitimate excuse to hit one of the little bastards after they steal something from you, instead of having to let it slide because they're supposed to be adorable.
>>
>>45896997
>>45897018
>>45897053
Its like the Horde system from FFG's Deathwatch RPG in reverse. It would make for some hilarious adventures to say the least, not least for the fact that a lot of dungeons are designed with the idea of a small band of adventurers.

>And so the Lich was defeated when five whole clans of goblins rioted their way into his tomb. All told it took five hundred Goblins, but they did it.
>>
>>45897823
What about a high-level paladin?
The greatest champion of a god is not a single dude, it's a fucking army of smite-slinging anklebiters.
>>
>>45897412
being adorable is an additional excuse for murder though
>>
>>45896997
>>45897018
Something kindasorta like this was actually used in a 2e D&D supplement called Reverse Dungeon, where the first adventure was about a goblin warren defending itself from adventurer attacks. Each PC controlled three goblins, unless they were a goblin spellcaster.
>>
>>45896941
>You put level one PCs up against goblins
First session is always a hydra.

>But what do you put level one goblins up against?
Hydra.
>>
>>45899934
>Paizo's Agents of KNIFE
>>
>>45896941
Sadistic, racist druids with green hair and a terrible artstyle.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.