[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, What Game system would be good for a Slice of Life, with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
So, What Game system would be good for a Slice of Life, with Adventure elements, along with crafting, cooking, and exploration.
>>
>>45893866
Really that's more of a matter that depends on the group, not the system they play. But if I had to suggest one, it would be PTU (Pokemon tabletop United). The setting is largely what your looking for, but Pokemon may not be your thing, and that's cool too.

At least with how I run it for my group, it feels very much like a slice of life show that dives into shonen every so often. But like I said, really depends on players and GM being on the same page as far as how they approach the game.
>>
>>45894054

Thanks Anon!

Anyone else?
>>
Maybe Golden Sky Stories?
>>
>>45893866
I've thought of doing something similar to slice of life myself. I was thinking of using pathfinder with a heavy focus on the downtime rules since my group can't get together often.
>>
>>45894349
Perfect way to do this is focus on the down time on an individual basis through email or texts or something, then when everyone can get together, they can feel free to fill each other in on anything that happened that the others might not already know, and have an adventure and kill some shit.

Likely what you planned to do already anyway, but I can say it works well from personal experience.
>>
>>45894230
Im a pretty new GM myself, so thats the only systemic have real hands on experience with myself.

Only other i can think of is burning wheel, but its pretty lite compared to other systems. It mostly has to do with the character creation demanding players to have goals and motivation, so again if you have a good group you dont need that system per say.

Good luck anon. If you have questions about ptu ill be happy to answer if this thread is still up in the morning
>>
>>45894455
good to hear. that's exactly what i was thinking of doing.
>>
>>45893866
I hear about Ryuutama, a cute rpg about traveling. I think this will do just fine.
>>
>>45894549
Tell me more, give me links, post nudes!
>>
Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine? It seems like it was designed with stories like that in mind.
>>
>>45893866
Can somebody give a short review of the game? Been thinking of getting it, but Factorio has taken all my gaming time.
>>
>>45898022
Pirate it and form your own opinion, retard.
>>
>>45898063
No need to be aggressive mate, just asked peoples opinions on it.
>>
>>45898022
I keep hearing it's harvest moon with a few improvements.
It's pretty pleasant to play.

You are a farmer that gets to raise crops in a small village, build relationships with other villagers (there are some interactions but generally it's progression from stranger - familiar face - friend with no branching)

Main activities are farming, interacting with villagers and some dungeon delving (walk around, hit rocks with a pick and swing sword at monsters)
>>
>>45893866
Golden Sky Stories

Freemarket

Mouse Guard
>>
>>45893866

Check out Hillfolk. The Drama System was made for this kind of stuff.

>>45894480
>burning wheel, but its pretty lite compared to other systems

Burning Wheel is lite now? It's among the crunchiest systems I've seen outside of stuff like Synnibarr.
>>
>>45902275
Isn't all of burning wheel something like 170 pages? Also as i recall most everyt hi ing boils down to the GM saying yes to all but the craziest of things since if you roll and succeed you gain experience and begin leveling up. Stop me if im mistaken for something else, its been a while since I've browsed it.
>>
>>45903370

More like 600 pages. It's probably the crunchiest narrative system around, and it's beautifully designed IMO. I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but it's not BW.
>>
>>45903960
Ok then i was mistaken. Now im curious what the hell i was thinking of initailly.
>>
>>45893866
Basic Roleplaying, or atleast games which have grown from the tree that is BRP. After all that's basicly what BRP is at its core, slice of life if life was a bit troublesome.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.