[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relentless Dead, To PreOrder or not to PreOrder.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: RelentlessDead.jpg (10 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
RelentlessDead.jpg
10 KB, 178x248
Is this thing worth snagging amidst all of the hype? Its good, but I dont think its worth $20 a pop. Its not like you can win the game off of the back of this thing. I need it for a standard brew, and Im afraid this may be another Jace, Vryns Prodidy scenario all over again. Thoughts
>>
>>45888197
I make a point of not buying into hype.
I sell into hype, but never buy.
>>
>>45888197

This legit had me worried. I want at least one for edh, but I feel like this will see standard play because Husk/Fleshbag are sticking around for another rotation. Hell, it might see modern play.
>>
File: uservant.png (120 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
uservant.png
120 KB, 223x311
I wonder if the zombie tribal in SoI will be enough to get Undead Servant to see constructed play.
>>
>>45888197
Its a shame. I really want a playset to go with the flavor of the 4 endless ranks i have in my zombie deck.
>>
>>45888197
I'm waiting for it to be the foil for an intro pack
>>
Honestly, what's the best zombie you would actually want to bring back with this in modern or standard?

No really good 1 or 2 cost ones that don't already recur. 3cmc too slow for the meta? Definetly is for modern, but that would could bring back most of the lords which could add pretty decent survivability. Especially fucks turn4 wraths.

Anything that costs more than 3 thats worth it?
>>
>>45890694
>pay 5 mana
>get 4 2/2s and a 3/2
mite b cool
>>
>>45890772
It isn't. First, it's mythic rare, intro packs are always rare. Also, the black intro rare is markov dreadknight.
>>
>>45891245
Happy merchant/geralfs messenger
>>
>>45891409
>6 mana up
>return happy merchant and this guy
>drain for 4 at a minimum
could be fun
>>
Never buy into hype.

When was the last time people thought a card was great, and it wound up becoming even better/ more expensive?
>>
>>45892726
Coco?
>>
>>45891245

In Standard? So far at the moment you can get back Nantuko Husk, Sidisi Undead Visier, Fleshbag Marauder. Sort of ok.

In Modern? I dunno, Skaab Ruinator is one that immediately comes to mind. Though looking through gatherer there's quite a few Zombie lords at cmc 3 and cmc 4.
>>
>>45894637

CoCo used to be a dollar rare at the start while Ojutai's Command was hyped up. Kolaghan's Command was also a dollar rare too. I stood there once looking at the folder with those cards in it thinking "Why the hell are these cards so low in price? They're great cards. In fact why is K-Command so low when all its modes are good?" Then immediately purchased a playset each.

My only regret was not buying 30 of each at $1 a piece.
>>
So are we getting any new spoilers soon? Or did we only get so many spoilers because of the Grand Prix?
>>
>>45895219
I don't remember CoCo being a dollar rare. Everyone seemed to understand its value and the only thing keeping it from jumping up to where it is now was the duel deck. I just hope I can round out my playset soon, seriously regretting not picking up more.

The fucking speculators on the Commands following the GP though, holy shit.
>>
>>45888197
This is like a far shittier deathclaw. Without a specific synergy to bust it wide open its going to be average on its own and have little payoff.

However, this is innistrad. So there's bound to be a way to generate card advantage with it.
>>
File: no thank you.png (2 KB, 370x320) Image search: [Google]
no thank you.png
2 KB, 370x320
>will THIS grizzly bear be the one that saves Standard?

No.
>>
>>45895564

You're right they weren't a dollar but they were $4-$5 rare at one point so my mistake. But still $4-$5 is not a pricepoint for a card that sees play in a number of different archetypes in both Standard and Modern. It's reached $18 USD, dipped back down to $8 then spiked back up to $18 USD.
>>
>>45895219
CoCo was about $5 for while til people figured out how to effectively use it.
>>
>>45888197
It seems to be a very good 3-drop creature. I could find homes in Standard depends on if there will be good zombies to go with.

Zombie tribal decks in Modern, maybe?
>>
File: 1452293487629.jpg (19 KB, 296x523) Image search: [Google]
1452293487629.jpg
19 KB, 296x523
>>45895649
>tfw bought a playset at $4
>>
>>45895564

How many CoCo's more do you need?

If you just need one and still have Magic Origins clash packs in a store nearby and they're still at a decent price then just buy one and crack it open.
>>
>>45895967
I need two. One I got from the Dragons pre-release and another from a clash pack. Not bad value, and I guess I could use a couple more Heaths and D-Commands too.
MSRP up here in Canada is pretty terrible though, and the LGSs know what to mark up. I'll probably just end up getting singles.
>>
>>45888197
Its prospects for standard aren't particularly great unless SOI really outdoes itself with its tribes.
For eternals zombies simply aren't good enough. Maybe nu-extended modern they'll be good after Bulldozi bans?
>>
>>45892726
Inkmoth Nexus was cheap as fuck, picked up a couple playsets and then It spiked in value.
Too bad someone stole them, they were my favorite slocon
>>
How long until the ZEN fetches are reprinted? I imagine R&D wants to lower the cost of entry for standard for a few seasons after KTK rotates out.
>>
wait until release and pick it up then, even if it ends up being standard/modern staple prices will go down right after release until someone wins a tournament with it.
>>
>>45896273

Eternal Masters
>>
>>45888197
Do you play Best Format ? Do you have enough money ?
If the answer is yes to both question, buy a playset
>>
>>45896087

That sucks. I was after a few extra copies of Inquistion of Kozilek myself(the going rate here is $40 AUD) but I found a rather reclusive card memorabilia store that was selling Modern Event decks for about $90 AUD(other stores are now selling it for $150+ when it usually retails for $110 here) so I picked up a box and told my friend about it. So naturally being the guy he is he goes and buys out the whole lot in that store.
>>
>>45890694
Honestly, with how good Relentless Undead or Geralf's Masterpiece are I think its pretty clear Wizards wants to push zombies as a tribe. Honestly, I find it jarring how Zombies isn't a thing in all non-rotating formats after so many years. Zombies are perhaps the most abundant black creatures, more than vampires even.
>>
>>45898120
There are a lot of zombies but there are never any powerful zombie cards to hold a tribal deck together.

Relentless dead is a good start at the very least.
>>
>>45898226
That and a few tribal support cards should do the trick. Also Geralf's Messenger and Gravecrawler should do the trick in a mono B deck
>>
>>45895219
I remember getting a playset of Hangarbacks for 8 bucks. People were calling me a retard for "buying cards for ur thopters"
>>
>>45891245
Gary
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.