[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Warmachine Factions meets Warhammer Fantasy Factions. Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
>Warmachine Factions meets Warhammer Fantasy Factions.

Which Factions would get along well, which would not?
>>
>>45880094
>the slavs with the slavs
>the empire with Cygnar and menoth
>skellingtons with robo skellingtons
>elves with elves
>cyriss with dorfs
>>
The elves would get along. That's about it.
>>
>>45880146
>Menoth getting along with anyone
try again
>>
>>45880167

>Elves
>Getting along with each other

The Elves have problems with getting along with the elves in their own factions.
>>
Circle and Wood Elves would probably get along like two pees in a pod.

Surprisingly, the Trollblood would NOT get allong well with either the Ogres, or the Greenskins.
Trollblood have a tendency to skip a few meals while on the march (needing lots of food for their warbeasts), and I don't see how Ogres could ever stomach that, no pun intended.
As for why they wouldn't get along with Greenskins, no one gets along with Greenskins.

Depending on how diplomacy goes, Bretonia and Menoth would either be best buds or worst enemies. Probably the latter

Skaven might make friends with either Legion or Cryx, but because of the strained relationship between these two factions, Skaven would likely not be friends with both

Fucking Skorne and Dark Elves would be so perfect together. Skorne would teach asceticism and proper beast-mastery to the Dark Elves, and the Dark Elves would teach naval warfare and stealth to the Skorne. I see no way this relationship could go badly.

Finally, I think its safe to say that nobody would get along with Khador.
>>
>Iron Kingdoms introduced into Warhammer
>Chaos corrupts and/or destroys everything
>>
>>45880512

Alternatively.

>Iron Kingdoms introduced into Warhammer
>Chaos DOESN'T Corrupt everything, at best small percentages, they haven't completely corrupted even the fucking Norscan people entirely yet.
>Iron Kingdoms factions brutalize and conquer the fuck out of everyone else because land is valuable.
>>
>>45880094
I kind of want a tank like this for 40k. With the IoM Battleship prow aesthetic.
>>
>>45880094
Empire would get along with either cygnar or khador but probably not both due to the strain UNLESS they were a buffer state between the two, like lael if it wasn't so easy to destroy
Skaven would probably get on with cryx
vc's that are aligned to nagash probably get along with cryx, for the necrarchs, christmas has come early
Elves all hate eachother, except skorne and dark elves. "your prettier cousins are pricks too? We should tame some horrible shit and murder them with it"
Circle and wood elves would probably get on, trollbloods would either get on with wood elves or see far too much circle in them to trust them
Cyriss and warmahordes dwarfs would likely infuriate dwarfs due to their ridiculously short time before trusting a design
Ogres hire warmahordes dwarfs for things, obtain worrying amounts of firepower
Tomb kings may hire warmahordes dwarfs to help them get their shit back
Cyriss and lizards may compare notes
Some of the northerners get legion'd. Literally no one notices. Everyone continues to hate chaos and orks
>>
>>45881868
Really? Because Legion and Deamons and Warriors would worry the shit out of me.
>Infuse Deamons with Blight
>Infuse Warriors with anthac shards
>win
>>
>>45881868
I think the Empire would rather form a good relationship with Cyngar. Khador is too aggressive.
>>
>>45881161
Doubt it'll work like that. Popultion-wise the old world is pretty stupid in comparison to the iron kingdoms.
>>
Most factions in both settings are insufferable cunts, so nobody would get along with anyone.
The absolute best you can hope for is two neutral factions like Lizards and Trollbloods ignoring each other. Other than that, everyone hates everyone else.
>>
>>45884157
Slaanesh would be very widespread, at least more than in Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>45880094
Most of the Warhammer factions don't even get along with themselves, let alone other factions. introduce all these new factions and at best you'll have allies of convenience when chaos/undead/greenskins become too big of a threat. Once those threats are mitigated it goes right back to warring.
>>
>>45880476
Not to mention that Skorne and Delves both love hydras.
>>
>>45880512
They know a thing or two about metaphysical corruption. They already have to deal with cultist and other shadowy things. Chaos would at most barely have better success rate among the Iron Kingdoms then among the old world nations.

>>45881161
Much more likely.

Face it their guns, cannons, and general knowledge of engineering make that of the Empire's look like a bad joke. They also have poison gas that is only a little less effective then Skaven warp stone gas. Their skill at making magic items is very comparable to that of dwarves.
>>
>>45889822
The Empire can build tanks. I do not think the Empire would have big problems to copy the technologies.

All other human kingdoms would be fucked, agreed.
>>
>>45891455
It's not a matter of being able to replicate technologies. There's also the matter of the technological and industrial headstart. The Iron Kingdoms already have the technologies and the industrial base to mass produce them.
>>
>>45880094
All Warhammer factions are made to ally with each other and fight against each other in equal measure, other than Chaos which only sides with truly evil factions.

So the answer is wholly dependent on the current date rather than a permanent alliance.
>>
>>45881269
Buy it soon, Empire is most likely getting squatted in the next few months.
We know for sure the Brets are.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.