[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The AdMech Discovers a dyson sphere that is a giant AI but its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: mechanicus.png (366 KB, 522x320) Image search: [Google]
mechanicus.png
366 KB, 522x320
The AdMech Discovers a dyson sphere that is a giant AI but its protected from humans with legions of men of iron..

The AdMech have a code for AI to become friendly but do not know it.

It asks them on first contact but they do not respond.
>>
Neat idea. Unfortunately, The Imperium would resort to Exterminatus real fast, spoiling what could be an interesting plot hook. Such is 40k.
>>
>>45858059
Oh, Shit. I forgot to mention this AI is a STC library of all human knowledge.
>>
>>45858067

Doesn't change a thing.
>>
>>45858067
The ADMech would trick the imperium into waging a brutal and bloody war at the cost of losing entire systems, ships to enemys as well as their own empire of ships, warriors and everything else to claim this.
>>
>>45858092
>All human knowledge.
>Including something in there that might be about the Emprah or some way to give the Imperium a advantage.
You would need a rather incompetent inquisitor for that to happen.
>>
>>45858107
>>
>>45858107

You're vastly underestimating how much of a threat the Imperium considers AI. It nearly destroyed human civilization once. There is no way in hell they'd risk it happening again.
>>
>>45858120
yfw the emps was an AI in an advanced Synthetic body and his whole aversion to their existence was fear of being exposed.
>>
>>45858160
>he planned the heresy and the 10k years of war and fanatism and darkness as a revenge against mankind.
>>
>>45858120
Indeed but so did every other race in the entire setting.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the ants found a way to do so.
>>
>>45858044
So... what? I don't see a question there. More of a short incomplete story with no real explanation.
>>
I still like that the fact that they made everyone so anti AI was because they didn't want to make a robot side. Then they made the necrons.
>>
>>45858385
They made everyone anti A.I. because they stole hamfistedly from Dune.
>>
>>45858319
Which is why the Imperium also wants to destroy every other race in the setting.

There's a theme going on here, if you haven't already noticed.
>>
>>45858385
Builds AI calls it a machine spirit.
>>
>>45858067
AdMech do everything to get it.
Being nice to an AI? For the fucking holy grail?! Sure as hell.

That or they attack with everything they have, which is damn much.
>>
>>45859053
Different thing. AI is just AI. Machine spirits are partly materium partly warp related.
>>
>>45858044
>>45858067
If it had all of Dark Age human knowledge, a legion of Men of Iron and all the resources of a dyson sphere the Ad-mech would one of the following

>Attack and fail utterly
>Play nice ands hope it gives out toys or better yet knowledge
>Quarantine the whole area of space for 20 light years in every direction
>>
>>45858120
That wasn't even that big of a conflict.

They "attempted" to destroy humanity, did some but got curb-stomped rather quickly.
>>
>>45860536
Compared to the great crusades, the men of iron was like a single campaign.

Oh, No. Our iron bro's hate us now..

Still a men of iron in power armor.
>>
File: 1454381622091.jpg (43 KB, 259x270) Image search: [Google]
1454381622091.jpg
43 KB, 259x270
>Oh hey a neat thread with a cool idea

>Everybody is posting 40k memes about exterminatus

Why do I come here?
>>
>>45863839
It's basically what the Imperium would do, though. Like they would definitely shit their pants and REEEE all over everything. It's what they do
>>
>>45858107
You'd be a fucking heretic for doing otherwise, your faith in the EMPRAH should be the only advantage you neef
>>
ITT a bunch of people whose only knowledge of 40k comes from /tg/ memes

>>45863839
Asking myself the same thing
>>
>>45860536
>>45861989
You both are really underestimating how bad it was. The Men or Iron nearly destroyed humanity during the Dark Age of Technology, when mankind was at it's technological apex the automated workers and soldiers they relied on to do almost everything turned against them. Each one had the protective equivalent of Terminator armor with weapons to match. It was the conflict that set the stage for everything going to shit in the Age of Strife. Everything that came after is small time comparatively.
>>
File: 1454384076253.jpg (28 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1454384076253.jpg
28 KB, 219x230
>>45864162
...No, no they fucking wouldn't. The Admech regurally gets thousands of people, sometimes even tens of space marines, slaughtered over shit like this. A functioning STC is what the Adeptus Mechanicus exists to study in the first place. They wouldn't exterminatus the planet- the responsible Magos would call upon a dozen Space Marine Chapters together for a crusade and send them to the Dyson Sphere with Skitari and Guardsmen.

You people really need to stop thinking memes are a good education on 40k lore.
>>
>>45864162
Thinking a Dyson sphere controlled by golden age ai wouldn't have anti exterminus defense protocols.

Shit son, this thing isn't a planet with a fragile ecosystem, it a living construction, that can likely launch a fleet of battleships that can each singularly btfo a bfg fleet.
>>
>>45864710
>Each one had the protective equivalent of Terminator armor with weapons to match
HA

See it's shit like this why I fucking hate /tg/ and 1d4chan, MEMES JACK, memes EVERYWHERE.

Men of Iron were piss-vulnerable. They were strong because they had numbers and replicated god damn fast, not because they were super soldiers. We've seen Men of Iron in 40k- they appeared in one of the apocalypse comics.

They were pieces of shit as individuals and no-where near the durability or strength of an Astartes Terminator.
>>
>>45865187
>We've seen Men of Iron in 40k- they appeared in one of the apocalypse comics.
IIRC that was just one or two different models of the men of iron from one automated factorum. While it is certainly incorrect to say all the men of iron were as tough as terminators and equal to astartes in combat, it's foolish to assume thatthe men of iron, which had a plurality of different roles, wouldn't have a few models that fit that description, esspecialy the tough as terminators part, seeing as terminators armor was designed for working in hazardous enviorments on space craft, a job which was most likely later relegated to men of iron, and therefore would require a model of men of iron that is as tough as terminators.
>>
>>45865187
Hard, the other reason they carved up was surprise and the fact that humanity in the golden age were lazy fuckers; just like we are becoming as we automate away the hassles in life.
>>
>>45865868
That's flawed logic. Without evidence of their existence, there is no reason to believe they exist. Especially given GW's lack of design depth.
>>
>>45865941
A) We know that torwards the end of the DAoT, the men of iron did practically everything for mankind: fighting our wars, manufacturing, repairs, everything.
B) We also know that terminator armor was made because it was the only thing that could withstand certian hazardous enviorments in spacecraft.
Because of A, it is logical to assume that at some point men of iron were given the job of space craft repairs, and because we know B, we also know that if there were men of iron who did repair spacecraft, they would have to be as tough as terminator armor.
There's no flawed logic in that statment, but it is flawed logic to say that without direct proof of their existence, then they could not have existed.
>>
>>45863839
It's not a cool idea, it's just another moron asking "Hurr Durr, what if I injected something into the 40k setting to break everything forever and shake shit up, just because I can." The same dipshit that asks "What if the Emperor got healed?", or "What if the Old Ones came back" or "What if my fanfic self-insert started fucking with everyone in the setting and waving his gigantic dick in their faces?".

The power level/threat of such a thing as a Dyson Sphere full of AI + Men of Iron + STC shit even existing is orders of magnitude above anything else in the 40k universe, save maybe for the full power of the Necrons and/or corporeal intervention from the Chaos Gods.

Men of Iron/AI is a HUGE FUCKING DEAL in canon, so much so that there's a REASON no one ever bothers discussing it. It's flavor, it's background. It's not something that's ever meant to come to the forefront, because it shatters the fundamentals the entire setting is built on.

Almost literal Deus Ex Machinae, but they're being endlessly shit out of a hyperdimensional god-factory made by humans so transcendently powerful as to make the humans of 40k look like drooling lobotomy patients.
>>
>>45866543
It's someone who refuses to play IN the setting, but rather must MODIFY the setting because it doesn't suit THEIR needs. Who has to break its established rules because they think it's funny. Contrarianism at its dumbest.

That's who asks those questions.
>>
>>45865187
The Men of Iron was the AI. Not the robots. The AI had some scrap metal lying around...
>>
>>45866543
>Men of Iron/AI

You know both of them, as well as STCs, have featured in various pieces of 40k fiction, right?
>>
>>45866543
>>45866566
You mad.
>>
>>45858092
You dont know the fluff at all, everything mars has would go for it
>>
>>45866543
Dude, STC's crop up frequently in 40K books and the Men of Iron appeared in a previously mentioned comic.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.