[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of the Age of Sigmar success is fabricated? Essentially,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: ageofsmegma.png (349 KB, 483x245) Image search: [Google]
ageofsmegma.png
349 KB, 483x245
How much of the Age of Sigmar success is fabricated?

Essentially, how much of these battle reports are sponsored by Games-Workshop and would you put it above GW to fabricate a community to attract players or make it so that we perceive it being a success?

Everything coming from the 9th Age or continuing WHFB communities we know are legit because it's all player created. What do we actually know about Age of Sigmar?
>>
>AOS success
I genuinely don't know what you are talking about. I've heard literally nothing positive about it since the month it came out, or for that manner heard of a game of it played within 100 miles of my house since that time.

The only game I've seen to flop like that was Dropzone simply because no models were available for 6+ months because he carved them by hand with a spoon or something.
>>
>>45831812
I also want to stress that is simply a local perspective. I don't follow the large scale movements of games.
>>
>>45831667
I would assume a significant portion.
I'm friends with a lot of Fantasy players, and most of them just gave up the ghost when AoS came out.

There are like 2 people I know of who play it, the rest of them moved from Games Workshop to Good Games, who let them play whatever they want on the tables (aka 8th edition), plus there's generally more room than the 4 ft x 4 ft tables.
>>
File: gw headquarters.jpg (42 KB, 406x377) Image search: [Google]
gw headquarters.jpg
42 KB, 406x377
>>45831667
>How much of the Age of Sigmar success is fabricated?
GW forced a pretty big number of minimum starter kits on GW stores and independant retailers alike when they launched it. You had to take too many or none at all.
Guess the reason behind that tactic was probably to bolster sales numbers.

Aside from that I see loads of people use the Stormcast for Space Marines and the Khorne guys for marauders or cultists.
So not even GW can know for sure.

Though personally I think it's gonna bomb pretty hard. Who's gonna start a game where a single miniature costs as much as an entire Warband for the other games around?
>>
>>45831667
If GW were smart enough to fabricate an online community for thier new game, they wouldnt have shat on the rules for thier own game whilst hitting the existing members of the real community with a baseball bat.

There will always be enough wierdos to get behind a product and be noisy enough to make it look popular. GW doesn't need to fan those flames, and i doubt they could competently if they did try.

Fact is we're probably never going to know how big of a fuck up AOS was, but i for one wont belive that it was a financial success until i see a second editon. But I expect of there is a 2nd ed. it would wind up being a defacto fantasy 10th edition instead.
>>
>>45831932
mentioning goodgames. Are you a player from the sydney area? I've been curious how AOS is going round there.
>>
>>45833140
Yep, Chatswood is my main.
>>
>>45832972
>If GW were smart enough to fabricate an online community for thier new game
GW used to have their own forums back in the day. It was before the went full evil empire but even then it was toxic as fuck.
They would have had to employ community managers to take care of that 24/7, but they never were really on top of using the internet for their advantage.
It's also why GW just as facebook pages only for each individual stores and turn off comment by default on all their videos.

I kinda get that the negativity has to be overwhelming, but listening to complaints would have been the first step to realize that WHFB had problems that were absolutely solvable. Instead they killed off their monopoly on the biggest established fantasy wargames and through a skirmisher on a market that is booming with loads of small skirmisher at the moment, that pretty much tend to do a lot of things better than AoS and at the very least don't require such an enormous leap of faith on the prices.
>>
>>45833221
And when you consider that it would have been nothing at all just to run AOS alongside fantasy in the way (I hope) they will be running the kid friendly push fit game next to 40k.

Ill never understand GW.
>>
>>45831667
Huh what success? It has had few tournaments, almost universally derided on the internet, GW model sales down by 30%...
>>
Every indication is that AoS has been an unmitigated disaster.
>>
Apparently according to some family, it's a pretty big hit in China.
>>
>>45834649
Chinaman here (not THAT chinaman). I don't follow GW stuff much over the past few years though the potential BFG relaunch has my interest strongly piqued.

Just keep in mind that something being popular in China doesn't mean it will translate into profit. There are a few additional levels for that sale to travel through before reaching GWHQ, which means potential for skimming. If you want to know more about that, look up Hollywood films and how the overseas ticket sales are weighed in terms of box office gross. Not an exact comparison, obviously, but indicative the way things run there,
>>
>>45831667
Its quite a thing in my place, some of the guys create hombrews, use net point system aos army builder, then lgs became more alive than ever. Before that, there is only 2 or 3 people in store in weekend, then it kicked to 6 people at worst.
There is constant campaign every weekend, paint day,etc. Man, it wierdly become a godsend.
Some of the old player do not like it thought, and play 6th or 8th ed instead.
Im not really into it myself, but man i just love to see local gs are back on theyre feet again.
>>
>>45831667
GW had to beg the community to get enough people at Warhammer World to have Age run. I don't think they even did then.

What does that tell you.
>>
File: Age_Of_40k.png (318 KB, 326x600) Image search: [Google]
Age_Of_40k.png
318 KB, 326x600
Reminder 1/2.
>>
File: El_Presidente_Gym_Porkchop.jpg (179 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
El_Presidente_Gym_Porkchop.jpg
179 KB, 1136x640
>>45834949
Reminder 2/2.

GW bet so hard on Age of Sigmar they replaced 40k as their front advertised game in the immediate future for it.
>>
>>45834949
They put the headquarter marine under a stairwell? These people have no respect for anything, not their fans, not their employees, not even the games themselves.
>>
>>45834959
>mfw sales went down

HUEHEUHEU

You can massively increase revenue despite lower sales by simply DROPPING THAT FUCKING MONEYSINK
>>
>>45832806
Holy shit you're right. For the cost of Archaon I could buy two SAGA starter sets for me and a friend or family to play and still have money to spare on paints and shit.
>>
>>45835132
>Archaon

Because that's a normal generic troop model.

Don't look at the FW titans.
>>
>>45834949
This will forever be the saddest fucking picture. It borderlines on parody with how too perfect it is. Like this shouldn't be something thats actually happend.
>>
>>45834963
That was evident when they made a Doom Diver Angry Birds knockoff with micro transactions.
>>
>>45835434
Hollywood reboots Ghostbusters as a parody but calls it Ghostbusters 3, Donald Drumpf becomes the Republican frontrunner by talking about his dick and outright saying he doesn't consider any of his proposed actions if president to be campaign promises, and Games Workshop puts the Space Marine under the stairs unceremoniously and puts up an Age of Sigmar poster to hide it from view.

Its a wild trend the human race is taking.
>>
>>45835565
Meh, angry birds was already a knockoff anyway
>>
>>45835600
Wiat, they're trying to make the new Ghostbusters a parody? Why? They're just fun movies thats all like. God damn it.

The heat death of the universe can't come soon enough.
>>
File: 1453594670474567.jpg (978 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
1453594670474567.jpg
978 KB, 1500x1001
>>45835600
>trump tells the obvious truth that "campaign promises" arent binding contracts
>campaign promises are almost universally ignored
>even your nigger god obongo ignored or did the exact opposite of most campaign promises
>this makes trump bad somehow

hes going to win because hes not a white guilt faggot cuck beta male who hates their own race and gender
>>
>>45835732
That's what people are saying.
Its so ludicrously like the first that either is the most painful "sequel" remake of all time, far surpassing Force Awakens, or its a complete reboot.

Based on that trailer I'd say it is. The opening message can be applied to the original movie being made rather than events in-universe.
>>
>>45835732
its absolutely not a parody. its a no-fun-allowed-because-stronk-women remake. the actresses are crying during interview about how "important" the movie is for women and how its going to smash the patriarchy

of course i understand the confusion because its going to be a godawful movie

i guess hollywood realized how dumb it was to have so many women involved in a project and are trying to play the "we were only pretended to be retarded" card
>>
>>45835781
Telling someone they''re an asshole beforehand make them less of the asshole they end up being.

That being said people are longing for the days when the president was a goldmine of humor. So he will indeed at least get the nomination.
>>
File: you have to go back.jpg (217 KB, 789x1203) Image search: [Google]
you have to go back.jpg
217 KB, 789x1203
>>45835824
no, knowingly lying makes you an asshole and making promises you have no way of knowing if you can keep them makes you an asshole

hes obviously referring to the fact that he doesnt know what he will be able to do as situations change. hes not saying "i am right now knowingly lying to you"

you dumb cock sucking faggot anti-trump poster

obongo was simultaneously the biggest joke and the biggest embarrassment for the president the US ever had. you didnt get it out of your system the last eight years?
>>
File: movie-scene2.jpg (270 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
movie-scene2.jpg
270 KB, 1280x528
>>45835813
>its absolutely not a parody. its a no-fun-allowed-because-stronk-women remake.
Not really. Considering they replaced Janine with Thor, reduced the female Ray to fat/wimp jokes, made the "average New Yorker" Winston into a screaming black woman, and entirely removed Dana it seems like its actually much more offensive to women now. Plus the femEgon certainly isn't licking a gun to support feminism.

>the actresses are crying during interview about how "important" the movie is for women and how its going to smash the patriarchy
There's a huge difference between what you believe and what you advertise.
They just want asses in seats, and that's a good way to get nutcases who have no interest in movies to pay for a ticket.

>of course i understand the confusion because its going to be a godawful movie
Oh yeah, the absolute best it could be is forgettable. It has no chance.

>i guess hollywood realized how dumb it was to have so many women involved in a project and are trying to play the "we were only pretended to be retarded" card
Are you kidding? They made a sound tactical move.
They didn't spend a whole lot on the movie, and they have guaranteed sales just by virtue of being Ghostbusters. Combine that with my point above about how nofunallowed types will go to see it to "support dere sisterz" and you have massive ticket sales.

See, a movie doesn't have to be good to be a success. Silent Hill 2 for example was absolute fucking shit that nobody enjoyed, but they spent barely anything making it and what little they did was almost entirely just for the trailer scenes. It road the coattails of huge expectation from how good (public opinion, not my own) the first one was and made huge bank, thus making it a massive success.
>>
>>45835869
Yeah, history agrees that Jackson was the worst president in terms of "nobody sane back then or today would support his policies", Nixon was the worst in terms of overreach, and Bush was the single most hated during his presidency.

You may hate Obama a lot, as much as liberals hate Bush, but fucking come on. Nixon fucked every single thing up he attempted, and his mark on history is almost exclusively negative while Jackson flat-out stated he didn't give a fuck what the law was if he wanted something to happen.

In fact, if one actually is against government overreach then Jackson would indeed be the worst president.
>>
>>45835869
You're a retard. Candidates state their plans so that voters have an idea of what they will try to do. All you know about Trump is that he plans on building a wall and has no idea what to do about anything else.

Obama did a lot of the things he said he would meanwhile, so acting like a dumbass and changing facts makes you look like an aborted fetus with an opinion.
>>
>>45835929
>it seems like its actually much more offensive to women now

exactly. you really dont understand feminism do you? youre reading way to much into this. it is literally not a parody. its literally officially presented as a pro-women/feminist movie thats going to fight the patriarchy and put men in their place (under women)

also i think you may be honestly retarded if you think this movie is going to have "massive ticket sale". i actually chuckled out loud
>>
In my neck of the woods Age of Sigmar might as well not exist. The boxes don't move from the FLGS shelves, no one plays it at wargame night (Thursdays).

There are a couple dudes that still play Fantasy but their playgroup doesn't increase (or decrease) in size. They're nice enough and will let you borrow an army if you want to play them. I think they've become like the old guys that still occasionally play BFG or Necromunda.
>>
>>45835968
Bush also had the historic high for presidential approval
>>
>>45835972
No, he said the wall is negotiable. He joked about it when the Mexican ex-president said Mexico would never pay for it by saying "It just got ten feet bigger", and recently on a radio talk show said even building it at all is "negotiable" as is every single other thing.

I mean, come on. He doesn't even know who the current leaders of the European nations are in interviews, and just claims "I'll hire people for that" when something at basic levels of politics he doesn't know gets brought up.

I mean, the Republican party is based on the ideas of minimal government intrusion, strong military, intervention, and morality.
He's promised he'll get his way regardless of procedure currently in place, wants to reduce military spending while at the same time literally carpet bombing anything anywhere as a first solution, shrugged off all crises currently facing US allies including the dispute in the Chinese South Sea, and is a guy who bragged about cheating on his wife with other men's wives. He's a fucking Roman Emperor, in the worst ways.
>>
>>45835998
Reading comprehension m8, its a parody of the first movie.
Presented as pro-women, but only to get asses in seats.

Also, it'll do well. You forget just how fucking stupid people are. Some franchises only fail because of lack of interest after opening weekend, and this will be like that. Regardless of what the critics and Rotten Tomatoes says people will go see it just because its Ghostbusters.

It'll be the Crystal Skull of the franchise, a financial success overall but killing it until someone wants to do a legitimate reboot later with an actor who got famous just that year.
>>
>>45836050
the US needs to stop being the world police for free

i thought europoors loved to talk about how evil the US was for sticking its nose in other countries business. suddenly dont like the idea anymore if it looks like youre not going to get constant free protection?
>>
>>45836030
No, that's his father.

Bush JR had the record lowest, and his average was only better than Truman, Ford, and Carter. But Nixon is the only president who's approval rating got worse after he left office, whereas everyone else got a boost.

Its predicted that once Obama leaves office he'll be at Eisenhower levels.
>>
File: 142586356945679476.png (37 KB, 1112x432) Image search: [Google]
142586356945679476.png
37 KB, 1112x432
>>45836113
no his dad had second highest ever. jr had highest and lowest ever
>>
>>45836081
>the US needs to stop being the world police for free
Why the fuck would you want to stop being the leading nation on Earth?

Fuck that, we need more intervention. We also need Guam and Puerto Rico as states, fuck that "territory" shit. Its ours, make it official.
>i thought europoors loved to talk about how evil the US was for sticking its nose in other countries business. suddenly dont like the idea anymore if it looks like youre not going to get constant free protection?
I'm not European, dumbfuck. You can tell by the IP address.

Also, we don't protect Europe. We're just under treaty to militarily slap our nation's massive cock against the face of anyone who fucks with a nation in NATO. Which is more a boon for us than anyone, since it gives us a chance to flex the muscles without actually being an initial target.
>>
>>45836149
Okay, I looked it up and you're right. My mistake.
>>
File: 14036946706345634573456897.jpg (380 KB, 980x1953) Image search: [Google]
14036946706345634573456897.jpg
380 KB, 980x1953
>>45836154
because its all being paid for by american tax dollars and their reward is to have their jobs shipped overseas to these now stable countries
>>
>>45835968
Wait a minute? Didn't nixon sign up that treaty with china, breaking up the russian/china alliance.
>>
>>45834905
>Being this much of a shill.

GW, please go.
>>
>>45836154

Let's not make them states, I don't want them voting on shit thst matters for people actually living in the continental United States.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.