[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win in a fight between an Ork Boy and 6000 Space Marines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Ork_Boy.jpg (18 KB, 315x325) Image search: [Google]
Ork_Boy.jpg
18 KB, 315x325
Who would win in a fight between an Ork Boy and 6000 Space Marines?
>>
>>45815214
The Ork.

He'll die, but the spores will continue to make more Orks until the Space Marines are overwhelmed.
>>
Lol XDDD if the Ork believed he would win then I think the space marines would be toast :DDDDDDDD

WAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH
>>
>>45815255
No that requires multiple orks, their gestalt psychic powers work on a mob mentality
>>
The real winner will be Goyms Wurkshop after you buy 6000 space marines
>>
>>45815255
Shitposting ironically is still shitposting
>>
>>45815255
I never got this, do people who "le ebin XD" actually think it's funny? Do they think it is insulting? It accomplishes nothing and doesn't even upset people.

Tell me, anon, why you do?
>>
>>45815214
Tzeentch. Tzeentch would win.
>>
>>45815597
>It accomplishes nothing and doesn't even upset people

Oh, just you wait and see.
>>
>>45815214
Powerful shitposting, but it depends how you look at it.

The battle would see the Boy dead naturally, but over time it only takes a single Boy to infest the planet. Without relief and support it's possible the marines would lose over a long enough period.

Space Marines are soldiers, great soldiers but soldiers. Orks are more like an army in a can, they are designed to be seeded onto a planet and to essentially grow into a self sufficient army.
>>
>>45815214
So a single ork versus the entirety of the Black Templars?
>>
>>45815214
Both. The ork wins because he had a good scrap and since he died he didn't really lose. The space marines removed xenos so they're happy too.
>>
>6000 marines

>and people assume not a single one has a flamer

What the fuck are you guys doing, holy shit.
>>
>>45815646
It almost doesn't matter. The Ork drops spores constantly, as it moves through the terrain, lines up its assaults, hunts food and sleeps it sheds spores, which grow into squigs and snotlings, which avoid conflict and shed more spores. A flamer will burn the ork up but by then it's left several dozen miles of spores.
>>
>>45815679
WELL SUDDENLY NOW THE ORK IS DOING ALL OF THIS STUFF AS WHAT NOT STATED IN THE OP

BETTER WATCH OUT

nigger, stop.
>>
>>45815577
/thread.

Then they retcon Orks to make the nasty evil Ork marines.
>>
>>45815747
What are you talking about? I'm not the OP, I barely even play Warhammer.

However, unless you're talking 6,000 marines and 1 ork teleported into an open plain then that ork is going to roam around and spread spores, that is literally what they do at lower concentrations. The marines will be establishing bases and beginning patrols in the meantime.
>>
>>45815872
Won't be a problem if there is even 1 flamethrower amongst the 6000 marines.
>>
>>45815872
>I'm not the OP,

You understand he didn't say you were OP, right?
>>
Jesus people, do you even Ork? I haven't played a GW game in almost 20 years and I know the answer from the material:

If the ork kills them all he wins.
If the ork runs away he isn't dead so he can always come back later and kill them all.
If the ork gets killed, he's just dead and technically never lost.

so it's always Win/Draw/Draw

lern2ork
>>
>>45815214
Half the Space Marines go rogue and start fighting the other half. The Ork wins by default, but is annoyed that they were all too busy to fight him.
>>
>>45817469
Sorry, fluff changed.
>>
>>45815633
Is 1 versus 6000 really a good scrap though? The boy would get destroyed before he could even raise his choppa.
>>
>>45817495
Negro, this was in the latest Ork codex so it can't have changed much.
>>
>>45817562
Here:
Orkses never lose a battle, if we win we win, if we die we die fightin' so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die either, cos we come back for annuva go, see!

Orks may not always win, but they never lose.
>>
>>45817562
No one buys Ork dexes any more, anon. That was a fake, sold by GWs competitors.

GW won't sell anything that doesn't make money.

Maybe you should buy this nice, new, shiny SM codex? Fresh off the presses just this minute, because you'll pay for it, right?

Right?
>>
>>45815214
>Who would win in a fight between an Ork Boy and 6000 Space Marines?
The Ork. He is better.
>>
Depends. If ork boy is dropped on an already colonized planet with 6,000 space marines within a week's travel I'd say the ork loses. If the ork is instead dropped on the opposite side of the planet from a brand new colony with six months of time to fuck around and spread spores I'd say the ork might actually win, depending on how long it takes for a spore to turn into a ork.
>>
>>45815872
What is exterminatus?
>>
>>45818160
A complete overreaction to just a random Ork infestation. If the Imperium turned to exterminatus every time Orks showed up on a planet, there would be no inhabitable planets left in this Galaxy.
>>
>>45815522
also the Waaagh field doesn't work like that. It just (if the theories that we are presented with, and we are only presented with in-universe theories) nudges reality slightly to the will of the Orks, like making a dysfunctional gun still propell bullets.
>>
>>45818223
so?

Welcome to the grim derp future of the 41st millennia
>>
>>45818160
Is it something six thousand marines can do? Like, they all jump up and down at the same time? Because if not it's outside of the scope of the question. One ork versus 6,000 marines, not 1 ork versus the Imperium.

>>45816062
Of course it will, unless they're willing and able to hand-flamer the entire planet. Fungal spores travel in water and on the wind and orks shed constantly. The initial wave of spores births small moving creatures to spread more spores, snotlings in particular avoid conflict to maximise the spread. If the ork can survive a few days then the planet will be nearly irrevocably tainted.
>>
>>45819039
The spores from a single ork boy will completely cover the planet? I don't think you understand how this shit works. You could burn the ork to death or even just burn the corpse afterwards. They only drop spores when they die and even then the amount of time it would take for enough generations of orks to be spawned, die, and release spores would be ridiculous. One ork could easily be gotten rid of by a squad of space marines. Even a single space marine with a flamer. If it worked the way you seem to think it does, the entire setting would be nothing but orks.
>>
>>45819237
>They only drop spores when they die
No they don't, they drop them constantly.

>"...the spores, shed unconsciously like dead skin..."
from Xenology. Orks shed constantly.

>If it worked the way you seem to think it does, the entire setting would be nothing but orks.

Guess what? That's exactly what happens when orks reach a planet. If orks land on a planet they never really go away.
>>
File: don't pretend to be an idiot.jpg (26 KB, 499x279) Image search: [Google]
don't pretend to be an idiot.jpg
26 KB, 499x279
>>45815584
>>45815597
Pic related to general shitposting.
But as this is 4chins, it can get very bad in a very short time.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.