[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so perfect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Vulkan_sketch.jpg (846 KB, 1106x980) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan_sketch.jpg
846 KB, 1106x980
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>45794478
It's because he was always loyal and his Legion were Bros who cared about the common man of the Imperium
>>
>>45794478
Christ almighty another Primarch thread. I know this is the designated 40K board, but do y'all really need more than one of these at any given point?
>>
>>45795042
Yes
>>
File: vulkan.png (55 KB, 394x582) Image search: [Google]
vulkan.png
55 KB, 394x582
>>45794478
Because he's so lively
>>
Because he's black, having any flaws would be racist.
>>
File: after pol.jpg (107 KB, 1094x720) Image search: [Google]
after pol.jpg
107 KB, 1094x720
>>45795774
>Having any flaws would be racist
Are you saying the have...Fear to tread in that direction?
>>
>>45794478
He wasn't a complete dick like the rest of his brothers.
>>
>>45795774
You're pretty retarded, m88. Sanguinus is the only one written without any flaws.
>>
>>45795884
Didn't he burn a peaceful planet of humans and Exodite Eldar to the ground for absolutely no reason?
>>
>>45795908
He did it as a mercy, because if they just purged the Eldar, then the humans would never trust the Imperium and would be killed even more horribly down the line.

It was a lose-lose, so he chose the lesser of the two evils.
>>
>>45795774
He's not even a real black, just a tone-shifted white man.
>>
>>45795931
>Tone shifted Anotolian man

Ftfy
>>
>>45795926
>kill them now, 'cause we may have to kill them later
>mercy

that's retarded.
>>
>>45795774
He's not black guy, at least as we view them. He's the color of coal with blazing red eyes, and he and his progeny are actually quite terrifying to people who've never seen them before because of their seemingly inhuman appearance.
>>
File: Salamander.jpg (111 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Salamander.jpg
111 KB, 500x375
>>45795979
>kill them all at once through a mass extinction event

versus

>have them die slowly to terrible war and genocide, and have the planet rip itself apart over the course of years in the process, creating a torturous realm for any and everyone on the planet as they kill themselves

Burning the entire world at once was the "better" choice, but even then it still really did not sit well with him and he asked his father for forgiveness (I think? Maybe it was one of his Chaplains), despite being told it was absolutely necessary.

Salamanders are still Space Marines, and will commit atrocities and go on murderous rampages like all Space Marines do - they simply do so only as an absolute last resort, and always attempt to mitigate the civilian casualtiesm because they recognize that they're serving Humanity, not themselves or other Space Marines.
>>
>>45796030
>have them die slowly to terrible war and genocide, and have the planet rip itself apart over the course of years in the process, creating a torturous realm for any and everyone on the planet as they kill themselves
Woah, he said he purged them, not that he went full Alpharius on them!
>>
>>45796030
I still don't get it. How did he know that hatred against the empire would be the inevitable result? Even if that were the case, how could he be certain that all of the population would become hostile beyond repair?

Salamanders or not, this still feel retarded to me.
>>
>>45796113
The humans had been manipulated by the eldar into primitives who worshipped the eldar
They were eldar-cultists who willingly died to protect their eldar overlords and it would have been almost impossible to reeducate them
Also remember - imperium at this stage especially sees all eldar as the same and Nocturne was regularly raided by dark eldar
Now add in Vulkan flaw of anger and you get the reason why
>>
>>45796113
I mean, I get the practicality of preemptively destroying a planet's population, thus avoiding future conflict. It's just that no sane person would be able to call that "mercy" while keeping a straight face.
>>
>>45796189
That just makes Vulkan a self-deluded righteous asshole.

Then again, this IS 40k, so I see your point.
>>
>>45794478

He's dead
>>
>>45795908
Here's the thing, Vulkan was more than a bit racist/xenophobic or whatever to the eldar. It's never stated or even direct implied but is the simplest solution.

He was raised on a world where the dark eldar raided regularly for slaves. In his few years he would have seen uncountable families devastated by the raiding, and it be a thousand times worse if he learned what they do with those slaves. This continued until he was a full grown man and he said enough and chaced the dark eldar off with his blacksmith's hammer. I know there are big differences between eldar and dark eldar but to most imperials there isn't. To him those people were aiding the kin of those who raided his home with merc .
>>
>>45796331
My phone botched up the ending.

Was meant to say "without mercy"
>>
He was bro-tier. I think he and Russ could be in a buddy cop movie about killing Grey Knights and Inquisitors and other trash that plague the little man of the Imperium.
>>
>>45797195
I would watch that
>>
>>45797195
>Russ being bro-tier

Replace Russ with Khan and we'd have a movie.
>>
>>45797340
No, khan was a huge prick that no one liked
>>
File: 1400873428820.gif (2 MB, 310x174) Image search: [Google]
1400873428820.gif
2 MB, 310x174
CUUUUUUUUUUUUURZE.
>>
>>45795908
>>45795926
Here's the funny thing:

Those humans were his people. CWE had killed the DEldar that kidnapped them and settled them on a Maiden World. Eldar literally saved millions of Vulkan's people from being tortured to death in Commoragh and allowed them to live in peace with Exodites as equals.

Vulkan's response to this was to determine somehow that Eldar and humans can never coexist and burn them all.

I swear, the HH series gets dumber and dumber with every book. They've turned what was probably the only really likable Primarch into a total moron.
>>
File: 1449170295585.png (284 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449170295585.png
284 KB, 800x800
>>45796189
>The humans had been manipulated by the eldar into primitives who worshipped the eldar
>They were eldar-cultists who willingly died to protect their eldar overlords and it would have been almost impossible to reeducate them

YESSSSS MY SNOWFLAKE CRAFT WORLD HAS LORE JUSTIFICATION NOW

In all seriousness though

>>45796331
>>45798256
>>45795908
Did you pay attention to this? Because this isn't 'free and equal'. This is the Eldar basically using the humans as padding or a shield.
>>
>tfw you will never have an A-Team like show involving The Dauntless Few

Leman Russ as the foul mouthed, heavy drinking party boy who will get into a fist fight at the drop of a hat, the enforcer of the group.

Ferrus Manus as the brooding tech expert, very bullish, slow to anger but look out when you set him off

Rogal Dorn, the quartermaster. Shy and awkward around others, source of comedic relief.

Sanguinius the diplomat. Constantly having to fix the problems caused by the others. The heart and soul of the group.

Robute Gulliman. The Murdock of the group.
>>
>>45798356
Except the Eldar actually showed concern and sorrow when the humans died. And they went out of their way to keep the DEldar leader that was raiding Vulkan's homeworld around as an captive, to show the descendants of her victims that she was as mortal and beatable as anyone else.

This was a genuine example of humans and eldar living in harmony.
>>
>>45797576

Holy shit what are these things, they're fucking horrible

Take it away man, take it the fuck away
>>
>>45798697
They're mudfishes, anon. I thought Astartes knew no fear- whoops, forgot this is 30k.
>>
>>45798563
The tank scene from A team, only with a Baneblade and Guilliman, Russ, Sanguinius and Ferrus Manus.
>>
>>45795774
>Goes into a berserker rage and kills a surrendering Eldar child
>No flaws
>>
>>45798563
I never understood why Horus wasn't in the dauntless few when Guilliman admitted he was the best of them
>>
>>45799595
Eldar are inherently evil. It's not a flaw to kill Eldar.
>>
File: An_Eldar's_Face.png (422 KB, 817x482) Image search: [Google]
An_Eldar's_Face.png
422 KB, 817x482
>>45799632
He's an example to all
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.