[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /tg/'s favorite TGC ? Yu-Gi-Oh! Magic the Gathering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
What is /tg/'s favorite TGC ?
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Magic the Gathering or
Pokemon
My favorite is Yugioh
>>
>>45769996
yugioh>mtg>shit>vanguard>pokemon
>>
>>45770037
Yeah, I used to like Pokemon TGC when I was in 2nd-3rd grade,I noticed that the only thing people did was trade and never battled, because nobody knew who to play it,the kids that had the "best " cards where the rich ones who can afford all the individual legendaries/Foils/EX's. I started to play Yu-Gi-Oh around 6th grade and loved it, it had a nice balance of Battling and Collection,and they were MUCH cheaper, sam thing with MTG at 10th grade and now occasionally play MTG but mostly play Yugioh
>>
>>45770211
I play occasional friendly EDH games with some local guys, but I play "meta" yugioh.

though I play petdecks against meta.
>>
I know how to play the Pokemon TCG, but mostly liked collecting the cards.
I love playing Yugioh on the weekends with my bros over some beers and cheap Lil Caesar's Pizzas
Have no clue how to play MtG
>>
>>45769996
Look at the threads active
Notice the ~5 different magic threads on the board
Notice the 0-1 YGO threads
Notice the 0 pokemon threads
Feel dumb about your question
>>
>>45770844
mtg isnt hard, honestly the most straightforward/clear once you understand the basics
>>
>>45769996
mtg>yugioh>pokemon
but only because i have no idea how to play pokemon/it isnt as widespread
but honestly i think id enjoy it more then yugioh. yugioh has become a clusterfuck of archmemes and 283947928792 effects on every single card.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455978970421.jpg (19 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455978970421.jpg
19 KB, 539x960
For collecting:
Pomemon > MTG > YGO

For playing:
MTG > Pokemon > YGO
>>
>>45772208
Nigga u wot.
I like Pokemon, but it's the simplest and most straightforward one. Why? Because it was fucking designed that way.

YGO is a complete and total clusterfuck of shitty rules.

And MtG has okay-ish core rules and get's wonky when you come to fringe-cases and some special interactions. But it's extremely logical, to the point of being unintuitive, meaning that most questions could be cleared up by applying your knowledge of the rules. But the rules are still pretty complex.

Pokemon is definitely the easiest, MtG is pretty damn complex and YGO is an irredeemable clusterfuck.
>>
>>45774437
Pokemon rules are complex
MtG's are intuitive
YGO is an irredeemable clusterfuck (I think that even if I play it regularly)

The quality of the rules depends of the person
At least we all agree on YGO rules quality
>>
>>45769996
Trading card games is a fool's hobby

But if I had to pick from favorite to least it'd be Pokemon, Magic, Yugioh
>>
>>45770868
Just because there isn't a board about it doesn't mean it's any less popular. You can't seriously be this stupid.
>>
>>45774507
>Pokemon rules are complex
Fucking what. They were designed so children could play it.
>>
>>45774507
>pokemon rules are complex

>Plays YGO regularly, a game with known oddities of rules.

You're one of those special snowflakes I keep hearing about.
>>
File: 1419018930656.png (578 KB, 448x627) Image search: [Google]
1419018930656.png
578 KB, 448x627
>>45769996
Wixoss > all
Yugioh is an irredeemable clusterfuck held up by a fun anime.
Mtg is really well developed, but is held back by decisions made at the genesis of tcgs.
Haven't played Pokemon in more than a decade, so all I can say is they seem to have the nicest foils of the big 3.
Really, though, the big three survive through their size. They are the games with pre-exisiting playgroups, which gives any new entries a big uphill battle. Generally, though, there are a lot of new games with much more polished rules and mechanics.
>>
File: Auction House.full.jpg (116 KB, 500x690) Image search: [Google]
Auction House.full.jpg
116 KB, 500x690
The Spoils
>>
>>45775747
>They were designed so children could play it

That applies to every TCG.
>>
>>45775966
>Yugioh is held up by a fun anime

You DO realise the majority of the playerbase hasn't watched the anime right? We're in it purely for the card game.
>>
>>45770037
YGO>Magic>Pokemon>shit>Vanguard

Ftfy
>>
If someone here dares to say FoW I think I'll scream
>>
>>45776313
FoW
>>
>>45776321
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>45776277
Then it's the 'games with pre-exisiting playgroups' reason, which was put in place by the anime. Yugioh is a badly designed game.
>>
>>45775966
>All these interesting card games out there
>Still dominated by Yugioh, MtG, Pokemon
>Occasionally get hit with stuff like FoW
>For whatever reason, also get stuck with Weiss Schwarz

Shit nigga, new card game on the market when?
>>
>>45776620
Another one? do you hate yourself(or your wallet) or what?
>>
>>45776620
emmm... have your tried or at least considered some LCGs?
>>
>>45775747
>>45775768
I don't know a lot of children that could actually play Pokemon correctly

I make a difference between the rules of the game (those written in the rulebook) and the rules created by card interaction
I agree with the fact that YGO is a clusterfuck when talking about card interactions but the written rules are pretty easy
It is the complete opposite for Pokemon
>>
>>45769996
Yugioh is a clusterfuck of broken cards and janky rules. Pokemon is fine but it's more for collecting than anything else.

MTG master race.
>>
File: 1456510080371.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1456510080371.gif
2 MB, 300x200
I collected pokemon as a kid
High school yugioh. I lived in a small hours away from a card shop. But my friends and i hosted our own yugioh tournaments at the park and school.
Senior year i got into magic then college sold my yugioh cards to make esper shards of alara deck.
All but one just got into mtg and we started to play edh and play standard since we didn't understand that mtg has different formats.
>>
pokemon has a constant thread up on /vp/. so i assume no one who plays it bothers coming here.
>>
File: 1454650887482.jpg (2 MB, 5000x4510) Image search: [Google]
1454650887482.jpg
2 MB, 5000x4510
The only one I play is YGO, but god damn is the tourney meta cancerous.

>be me
>get into game because a dozen or so people on base love it
>"wow, look at all the possibilities, so much room for creativity, ect ect"
>build fire-themed pendulum deck
>find out the local card store holds tournaments
>go sign up
>eight people show up
>tourney begins
>four of the eight are using the exact same OTK deck ripped from Reddit
>fucking mermails
>all of my matches consisted of me setting a few cards on my turn and them shuffling cards around for five minutes until I lose
>people think this is fun
>>
>>45779846
>people think this is fun
but it IS
>>
>>45769996
L5R when it was still alive.

Now I switched to Magic and play Commander, Pauper and occasionally limited. I am quite happy.

I like Yu-Gi-Oh, but it looses its novelty pretty quickly.
>>
>>45779913
Yeah, just sitting there waiting to lose because you didn't bring a deck specifically tailored to stopping a single meta deck is fun.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.