[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writefriend Wednesday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: nanowrimo.png (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
nanowrimo.png
20 KB, 200x200
hey /tg/, There's a NaNoWriMo thing coming up in April, some of you might have gotten emails about it?

Idea of it is lumping 12 people into a writing circle online to help each other hit their goals. Anyone else going to do this? Do we have enough to make a /tg/ cabin?

http://campnanowrimo.org/
>>
File: 1318811215646.png (21 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1318811215646.png
21 KB, 800x800
>>45762487
I'm very good at motivating people
>>
Every year I want to write something and every year I'm even more overwhelmed with depression and fatigue.
>>
>>45763165
Same. I think I'll try again this year though. It's not about succeeding, it's about trying.
>>
>being stuck in a cycle of editing for years
I want to finish this shit, but at least the story gets better hopefully
>>
>>45763165
You have to do it this year then because next year it will be worse. Plus, every year afterwards, you will be able to say "I produced something worthwhile" so you don't kill yourself
>>
>>45763572
>Plus, every year afterwards, you will be able to say "I produced something worthwhile" so you don't kill yourself
>"I produced something worthwhile"
thats not how it works, that's not how it works at all
>>
>>45763572
But I want to kill myself because I'm a quitter.
>>
Well, what story ideas would we use?

I have something that's vaguely fantasy-related, but not exactly full-/tg/.
>>
File: 1347458189025.jpg (310 KB, 1400x675) Image search: [Google]
1347458189025.jpg
310 KB, 1400x675
>>45764216
All twelve of us would have our own.

I'm actually still revising my cyberpunk novel. Yes, that one, I'm still here. It's gotten a little better.
>>
So, do we all write something collaboratively, or do we all have our own thing?

Because I'd be up for a round-robin type of thing.
>>
>>45764723
>12 person collaboration
Jesus christ how horrifying

No, NaNo camp is everyone has their own project and you help each other.
>>
>>45764468
What's the idea?

Mine is basically summed up as:

>Characters find themselves in totally-not-Narnia
>Characters find out that there's a prophecy that they will take the sacred weapons and slay an evil creature
>Characters say "Fuck that", go back to the real world, and come back armed with modern firearms
>Proceed to basically destroy society

It's basically a satire of fantasy novels. I have a fair chunk written, but I went back and re-read it recently and it's mostly shit.
>>
>>45764942
That sounds stupid as hell, not gonna lie
>>
>>45765081
I'm fully aware.

I can see a lot of ways in which you can take this plotline and make an absolutely garbage story out of it, and very few in which you can make a good one. However, the tone and style I'm going for will hopefully exploit the inherent silliness of the idea to make the story better as opposed to worse.
>>
>>45762487
I could hop in. I'm super busy, but hopefully I'll be able to do things.
>>
>>45762487
So are we starting a /tg/ cabin or what?
>>
>>45765587
I'm game.
>>
>>45765587
>>45765640
Post your nanowrimo account names, I'll invite you
>>
>>45765701
Jdilla
>>
>>45765721
It says you have to make a project first
>>
>>45765757
Just did.
>>
>>45764942
Dom wanted to be alone. He wanted a lot of things; to be let back into the military, to have meaning to his life again, to change the past, and when all else failed him he wanted to be alone. But even that was impossible in a walled city breaking under the strain of overpopulation. The best he could do was split an apartment a friend and hide in the net. Quiet days of slowly killing himself could only last so long. Eventually someone figured out his little secret; his neural implant was strong enough to crack the city coordinator AI.
Suddenly caught in the middle of machinations as old as the city itself, Dom is thrown into the fire. Struggling to hit the ground running, he finds himself caught between two seemingly unstoppable powers. On one side, the militarized government all too ready to send hunter-killer drones against its own citizens. And on the other, a scheming programmer that has developed a virus able to kill someone from the other side of the net. The clashes of this conflict will crack the very foundation of the city of EDEN. And that threatens to unleash things that should never have seen the day again.
>>
Shanora Shandora
>>
>>45765701
blackjackowl
>>
>>45766090
This is in reply to >>45765701
>>
>>45765701
Slingman
>>
>>45766158
It says you don't have an account
>>
>>45766185
Try it now. I deleted my old one.
>>
File: nano.png (4 KB, 271x96) Image search: [Google]
nano.png
4 KB, 271x96
>>45766270
Still nothin
>>
>>45766319
I'm an idiot, I didn't create a Camp Nano page.

One more time, I promise.
>>
>>45766087
Sounds better than mine.
>>
>>45767390
So join the group and get better
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.