[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just my imagination or is particularly dark fantasy plagued
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
Is it just my imagination or is particularly dark fantasy plagued by bad writer?
>>
>>/lit/
>>
>>45746359
I don't know about dark fantasy but this post definitely is.
>>
>>45746375
/lit/ is shit though
>>
Eh? Grimdark fantasy can be lame but some of it's really good. Joe Abercrombie is great.
>>
It's pretty hard to create a good story scare nowadays. Internet and information saturation ruined everything.
>>
>>45746359
>Is it just my imagination or is literature in particularly plagued by bad writers

FTFY, also fixed your awful grammar
>>
>>45747079
>in particularly
So close yet so far, anon
>>
>>45746359
>is particularly dark fantasy plagued by bad writer?
Who is this bad writer? Someone should tell him to stop.
>>
You obviously never read Berserk.
>>
>>45747653

>weeaboo shit
>good

Yeah no.
>>
>>45747789
I'm sitting here in pajamas in the dark masturbating, but let me tell you I'm figuratively laughing at you, like, a lot
>>
>>45747789
Nah, it's legit good. Probably one of the better fantasy stories out there, period.
>>
>>45747117

Anon hoisted by his own retard
>>
No, it's all of fantasy.
Sturgeon's law applied.
There are few examples of good stuff in the sea of shit.
But "dark fantasy" doesn't suffer from it more than any other genre.
>>
>>45747789
>actual Japanese work
>weeaboo

It cannot be both of those things. You need to learn the lingo and stop being such a tryhard memester, /v/-kun. :^)
>>
>>45747956
damn nigga that's a good joke
>>
File: 1398982241244.png (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1398982241244.png
4 MB, 3840x2160
>>45746359

'Tis indeed your imagination, anon.
>>
>>45747982
this

most fantasy is shit, most dark fantasy is shit, most epic fantasy is shit, most sci-fi is shit, most mystery is shit, most romance is shit, most literary fiction is shit

good stuff is few and far between
>>
File: 1021.png (570 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
1021.png
570 KB, 1200x788
>>45747789
>>
File: 2016-03-01-21-38-57.png (209 KB, 535x304) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-01-21-38-57.png
209 KB, 535x304
>>45746390
*shit is lit tho
>>
Dark stories which aren't horror just drain people mentally.

>ok, we get it. Everything in this world is horrible, everyone is horrible, and it'll never get better
>>
>>45748517
Dark Souls has a good setting with good lore but it barely has a story.
>>
>>45746359
No, a dozens of them.
>>
>>45746359

Your imagination is indeed plagued by a bad writer.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 714x1009) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 714x1009
>>45749585
A good dark story is sprinkled with the occasional respite and feeling of hope.
>>
>>45749891

To my total surprise, the Scholar of the First Sin expansion actually gave DS2 a plot, and its a pretty damn cool one.

Vendrick basically realizes that he has been betrayed and stacks the deck to make sure that the power his wife needs in order to achieve her endgame is sealed away from her, all the while leaving clues and a message in a bottle with his brother so that someone who walks this path after him can succeed where he has failed.

You can even finally achieve what was once thought impossible: you can prevent yourself from going hollow and never lose your sanity. But its not a cure. Its just a treatment. And it only works for you.

But you end the game as the one person in history who has broken free of the cycle, and actually has a chance to change things. You have all of the facts, you have power, and you have time.

The rest is up to you. Its not a solution, but it is a chance.
>>
>>45750398
Fuck.
Now I need to play SOTSS

On that note
What are some good horror stories?
Nothing really seems to scare me anymore. Ya know?
>>
>>45750381
Which is to be immediately crushed by the darkness and edge, of course.
>>
>>45750610

Not immediately, just eventually. You can not fall if you never did anything but crawl on your stomach in the ashes.

Thats the 40k style of grimdark, where everything is shit all the time and everyone is stupid and makes the worst decision possible whenever they are given the opportunity because no one can have nice things ever. Its just tiresome, and makes for flat and boring characters because nothing anyone does can ever have even the illusion of mattering.

Its much better to let the knight fight against impossible odds, achieve great things at even greater cost, and then be brought low by his own failings or hubris. Or simply by the unfairness of the world, a good man who simply cannot find a way out of a bad situation. There is something actually meaningful about that loss, then, because you know that he was special. There is a melancholy to seeing heroes fall, but first they have to BE HEROES.
>>
Is it just my imagination or is particularly OP plagued by bad writer?
>>
>>45751801
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>45751846
Surely not
>>
>>45751846
We middle this full on, hearly the work don't buzzing on is so achievels be: the name advant force oak-tree, fount - v is the that pith a set bite.
>>
>>45750735
To be fair, 40k is supposed to be farcically grimdark and ridiculous.
>>
>>45750735
The Tau empire is always happy.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.