[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mtg/ Standard Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: mtgcafe.jpg (925 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
mtgcafe.jpg
925 KB, 714x1000
Fuck the Meta Edition

Current Standard Block:
Khans, Fate Dragons, Origins, Zendikar, Oath

Rotating In April 8th:
Shadows Over Innistrad

Rotating Out April 8th:
Khans, Fate

Current Pro Meta: 4C GoodStuff, Jeskai Aggro, Prowess, Rally, CoCo, Scales

>Playin?
>Brewin?
>Excited for blackswap Thalia ?
>Can't wait for Summer so WoTC prints decent FNM prizes? Seriously why are these so shit.
>Cards you want to make work but can't?

I wish I saw more inventive decks but my entire LGS is now lifegain and red/X aggro. Makes it easy to do well but not a lot of fun to attend.
>>
dear /tg/, let me make you decks. i like trying to make things that are competitive but have flavor. i'm a sad manchild with nothing better to do on my day off.
>>
>>45742279
Playing? Right now it´s a u/w land creature deck, which I´m going to switch out for a b/r eldrazi aggro once I finished brewing it. The only thing, I´m excited for is the vampires. Kinda want to try them out.

Could you give me a list with cards dragons of tarkir onwards? As said above, I´m tryiing to brew b/r aggro? Thanks in advance.

Off topic, but why are fetch lands always so high prized? I never have the budget for those.
>>
>>45742341
Meant you, the second paragraph onwards, just forgot to link.
>>
>>45742341
Black green elves. They don't all have to be elves, but primarily elves is a must. With stuff like Eyeblight Massacre.

God, Lorwyn elves are so great
>>
>>45742341
I'm still trying to figure out decent Demonic Pact deck, I'd appreciate someone else' list.

>>45742279
>Playing?
BU Aristocrats, trying to figure out if I can make them better without turning it into 4c CoCo but so far no progress
>>
>>45742515
red/black aggro is something I do at fnms
2x baby chandra
1x big chandra
4x monastery swiftspear
2x abbott of keral keep
1x bloodsoaked champion
1x Dragonmaster Outcast
3x Mardu Scout
2x Dust Stalker
2x Flameshadow Conjuring
2x Damnable Pact
2x Languish
4x Wild Slash
4x Titan's Strength
3x Murderous Cut/ Ultimate Price/ Grasp of Darkness
3x Fiery Impulse

I think that cuts out all the Khans and Fate exclusives except mardu scout which can be taken out but at that point you should also take out the flameshadows and put in something else like firecraft or remorseless punishment
>>
>>45742515
Fetches are expensive because they're mana fixing, so even 2 color decks use them. Plus they can fetch lands with dual types, like the check lands or shocklands. The fetches in khans also help people play 3-4 colors and hit their colors on curve . Standard will be weird once khans leaves. A Lotta decks will change because of likely tougher mana bases.
>>
>>45742661
I go grixis for pact for sideboard firecraft but you can also do just blue/black and add more counters (negate, dispel, void shatter)

2x Dragonlord Kolaghan
2x Dragonlord Silumgar
2x Baby jace (or Endless Ones to surge Crush)

3x Demonic Pact

2x Dig through Time
1x Scatter to the Winds
4x Disperse
3x Fiery impulse
3x Horriby Awry
3x Kolaghan's Command
2x Silmgar's Command
2x Crush of Tenacles
2x Duress
4x Languish
2x Remorseless Punishment
>>
>>45742515
I basically have to have fetches to make 3 colors work. for one life it adds 1 card to your graveyard which matters, gets you the right land, and can even hit dual lands of certain types.

for 2 colors the painlands and checks are really all I need, for slower control decks even having the gain lands isn't bad. especially for homebrew fnm stuff.
>>
>>45742590
this is my least favourite slice, not a lot of forethought of the subject to lean on. let me think and research and i'll make one here in a bit.
>>
>>45742899
There's also the problem of a lot of the elf support being from the same set.. No worries if it's hard to do. I just thought it'd be a fun exercise
>>
>>45742738
Thanks. Going to build and compare it. Should be better than the pure eldrazi I had planned. Could probably also mix these two.

>>45742826
>>45742863
Oh. Never considered three colors, also only needed painlands and checks for my decks.

And yes, standard will be weird. Makes me wonder how long three color decks will prevail.
>>
>>45743086
Yeah, because of fetches, there's a ton of 4 color decks in standard. They were in khans because each clan in khans was 3 colors, so they were kind of needed to support that idea of playing the Mary Clan or the Sultai Clan.

I think some 3 color decks will keep going, but it all depends on the lands we get on Innistrad.
>>
>>45743152
Mardu* clan, excuse me.
>>
>>45743152
I hope it´s b/r/and another one, doesn´t matter which. But yeah, Innistrad need to deliver.

And let me quess, you´re on the phone?
>>
>>45742590
>>45742947

C A N T S T O P W O N T S T O P

2x Beastcaller Savant
2x Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen
4x Thornbow Archer
3x Shaman of the Pack
2x Sylvan Messenger
2x Tarju Warcaller
2x Gladehart Cavalry
1x Dwyn's Elite
1x Elvish Visionary
1x Deadbridge Shaman

2x plant pooping Nissa

3x Foul Tongued Shriek
2x Eyeblight Massacre
2x Become Immense
3x Gather the Pack
2x Collected Company
2x Murderous Cut/grasp of darkness/

24 lands

this is a first pass but uhh, maybe? it certainly seems resilient enough and it really doesn't have massive carddraw problems but those last three creatures are interchangable depending on meta (visionary, elite and shaman)
>>
>>45743282
Seems like a pretty good first start. The deck runs pretty low to the ground, so mana isn't going to be an issue. Maybe run a few things to pull cards back from the graveyard if they die. Getting another trigger off of shaman might just end the game.
>>
Could someone recommend cards for r/w allies or equipments for r/w equipment?
>>
>>45742341
UR, I'm a slut for UR. Perhaps devoid Eldrazi fun stuff using Herald of Kozilek?
>>
Playing RW Allies Equips.
Currently trying not to splash Black or convert into Tokens.
Equips take space and I end up getting removed, board wiped or overrun by Collected Company.
Everything seems against it without decent evasion and almost every creature in the deck being in Slash/Silk/Roar/Kozilek/Radiant/Impulse.
Draw support with Sea Gate and Outpost Siege helps a lot, but that requires keeping your opponent in check, because it takes time.

Taking suggestions.
>>
>>45744535
Captains Claws, Bone Saw, Stoneforge Masterwork, Stormrider Rig, Sword of the Animist, Adventuring Gear and Hedron Blade for Hangarback/Eldrazi hate.
>>
>>45742279
Is this a real doujin? where can I find more?
>>
Haven't played in a while, but maybe putting together a Grixis Wave brew for this Friday: Swiftspear / Stormchaser / Molten Nursery triggers from 0 cmc artifacts, re-use with a Displacement Wave for 0, further triggers from Slip Through Space / Unnatural Endurance / Temur Battle Rage, reloads with Day's Undoing.

Also brewing a Black/Colourless Eldrazi deck, trying to get use out of Inverter of Truth. Because I'm terrible at this game.
>>
Running a Jeskai prowess, almost like the ur but with mantis, seeker and jeskai charm.

I'm not playing as much as I used to, desu. Guess I'm sick of 3-4color meta so I'm awaiting anxiously for Innistrad spoilers to decide wether I'll go for UR or a UW tempo/bounce. UW seems to be way more fun to play imo.
>>
Jesus christ the fucking Chandra, Flamecaller spike.

I got ordered a couple this afternoon for 14 from CoolStuffInc, anyone have any experience with them?

I know they're legit and all but do they cancel orders mid spike?
>>
>>45744736
I tried and failed. Tried focusing land destruction but couldn't do it without baby jace. Tried shit tier fake prowess couldn't do it. The best hub seems like control but tbf if you're doing control there's just gonna be better ways.
>>
>>45745094
Same list as me except adventuring gear is a hot addition. If innistrad doesn't have two good artifacts then we're boned all over again.
>>
File: yespls.png (782 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
yespls.png
782 KB, 1600x900
>>45746396
Inverter of Truth is my most excited for card. I want them before Innistrad hits so I can make a Delerium/Madness U/B deck out of one and two drops with two inverters. Shit like this is just begging for great nigh infinite spamming.
>>
File: yespls.png (555 KB, 684x612) Image search: [Google]
yespls.png
555 KB, 684x612
>>45752782
less jank pic
>>
>>45749057
u/w is going to be amazing between reflector and innistrad i'm so hyped. even brain in a jar looks amazing.

(1), Tap: put a charge counter on Brain in a Glass Jar. You may cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost equal to the number of charge counters on Brain in a Glass Jar from your hand without paying its mana costs.
(1), Tap: Remove X charge counters from Brain in a Glass Jar: Scry X
>>
Don't let this thread die!
Posting my wicked sick brew:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-16-esper-demonic-pact/
>>
thinking about making B/W allies as my first standard deck
>>
>>45756447
B/W Lifegain Allies is probably the easiest deck to get into. It's like elves but with direct health interaction. Drana's Emissery, Zulaport Cutthroat etc.
>>
>>45755171
Displacement wave seems like a less good Crush of Tentacles even without the surge trip but if you're using it to not hit Silumgar then I guess it makes sense.

Ramparts and Utter End are your only white mana cards so I find it strange you would splash a third color just for that.

basically any blue deck could use two baby jaces but no one actually uses them irl so i tend to make decks that work without them on the assumption others won't be able to get em
>>
>>45757803

Yes thats what Im trying to build. Seems cheap too
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.