[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Novice Adventurer Quest 23
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
You are Kline Bueller, and you are currently touring the town with Hilana and Verna in tow. You wish you've seen the city without Verna dragging you about last time, though.

As you take in the sights and look at the windows of the stores, showing their wares, Hilana nudges you.

"I hate to interrupt you, but we didn't come here to look around. I need new clothing, and Verna does too." She says.

"Awww..." Verna whines.

For once, you agree with the girl. Shopping is practically boring incarnate.

The three of you enter a large store, filled with women picking out clothing from various places. Good gods, this was your nightmare come to life.

"Kline, over here." Hilana says as she pulls you along towards a line of large puffy dresses and pulls out two of them, pink and yellow.

"Which one would you say is best suited for me?" She asks you.

Oh, brother.

>"The pink one."
>"Yellow."
>"Why not both?"
>>
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Novice%20Adventurer%20Quest
Pastebin: Halfway there!
>>
Voting time extended.
>>
>>45732699
>"Why not both?"
Will you ever get a twitter? I miss the quest half the time when I could participate if I knew it had started.
>>
>>45732699
>"Why not both?
>>
>>45732699
"Why not both?" You sigh.

"Because I want to wear something eye-catching." Hilana says. "And I want to be the center of attention at parties."

"That makes sense." You say.

"Princess, I wanna go somewhere else..." Verna whines.

"Stop acting like a child!" Hilana scolds. "Besides, you need to act like a proper lady whenever you're with me at an event."

Verna just sulks as two women brush past her, rushing towards a strange robe in the center of the store.

"What's that?" You ask, pointing at the robe.

"It must be from one of the eastern countries. I do believe it's called a kimono." Hilana states.

You strain your eyes and examine the exotic robe, looking at the beautiful floral pattern. Hm. You might have to get that a gift for Evelyn.

"Do you want to get it?" Hilana asks.

"Huh? I guess so, why?" You reply.

"Because you keep staring at it." The princess states. "I can get that for you if you want."

What do you say?

>"How so?"
>"Are you going to use your royal authority?"
>"Please don't tell me you're going to fight your way through."
>>
>>45733185
>"How so?"
>>
>>45733185
"How so?" You ask curiously.

Hilana turns around and takes a deep breath. "NEW ITEM ON SALE! NEW ITEM ON SALE! HEAD ON OVER TO AISLE 2!" She screams.

The women then rush away from the center in a frenzy. You just stare at Hilana in awe.

"People can't resist getting new things." She states as she walks towards the center. "Now, let's get a move on before they realize it's a trick."

You quickly follow her and grab the kimono from the display and head towards the register, Hilana paying for your purchase.

The cries of outraged women soon reach your ears. "Um, can we speed this up?" You ask hesitantly.

"Patience is a virtue, Kline." Hilana states.

"I don't think they care." You shake your head as one of the women suddenly take notice of you.

"Hey! He's got it!" She screams, pointing at you. "He's got the thing!"

"GET HIM!" Another woman roars.

Verna's eyes light up as she clenches her fists. "Fight! Fight!" She shouts.

Oh, gods, you did not want to die here.

What do?

>Run out of the store.
>Wait for Hilana to finish her business.
>Distract them with Verna.
>>
>>45733559
>Wait for Hilana to finish her business.
>>
>>45733559
You turn to Hilana, who is still talking to the cashier about gods-know-what. You doubt she would even care about your body being torn to pieces.

As the mob of angry shoppers start to form and lumber towards you, you quickly twiddle your fingers, your gaze switching towards Verna bouncing in glee, Hilana chuckling softly, and the women storming towards you.

You've lived a full life, you suppose. Your only regret was that you never confessed your feelings to-

"We're done." Hilana's voice brings you out of your thoughts.

"Wonderful. Now, can we go now?" You plead.

"Yes, we can." The blonde sighs in exasperation. You quickly bolt towards the exit, not caring if Hilana and Verna follow you or not, you just want to escape the mob.

As you emerge from the exit, you spot an item store across the street and head inside, the bell ringing loudly at your arrival.

"Hello! Welcome to Nana's Shop! How can I help you-" The salesgirl is cut off by you ducking behind one of the shelves.

You sneak a peek at the window as the mob of women are spreading out into the crowd, yelling out for you to show yourself.

"Um, sir? Is everything ok?" The salesgirl asks.

>"Sorry, I need to lay low here for a while."
>"Everything's ok."
>"Nothing, I'm just looking."
>>
>>45733765
>"Sorry, I need to lay low here for a while."
>>
>>45733765
"I'm sorry, I need to lay low here for a bit. Those ladies at the fashion store are nuts." You state.

"I can see that..." The salesgirl looks out the window as the female shoppers are still looking around for you. "So, can I do anything while you're here? Get you something to drink?"

"Eh, do you have any green tea?" You ask.

"I'll go get you some." The salesgirl quickly heads into the back, leaving you alone with the potions and oils.

You sigh. You wonder how Evelyn is doing right about now.

(Cont)
>>
>>45733948
You are Evelyn Kitridge, and you are reading a letter from your father, who is currently visiting a friend in another country.

Apparently, your dad decided to send you some weird object he found, in hopes you would like it. Gods, what was he even thinking?

You hold up a set of cat ears in disgust. And the themed undergarment set that came with those ears were equally mortifying. You would die if anyone even saw you in that getup.

"Son of a bitch," You mutter as you begin to put away the cat-themed undies back in the bag.

Maybe you should give them as a present to someone. But who?

>Maria.
>Zephyr.
>Sana.
>>
>>45734065
>Sana.
>>
>>45734065
You decide that giving this to Sana would be best. Although, she'd probably think you giving her something would be suspicious.

Grabbing the bag, you leave your room and head towards Sana's room, knocking on her door.

"Who is it?" A feminine raspy voice answers you.

"Evelyn." You reply.

The door opens and Sana's head emerges from it. "What do you want? Can't you see I'm communicating with my children?" She hisses.

Seriously, she really has some child issues. What the hell happened in her childhood?

"I brought you a gift." You hold out the bag to her.

"Is it the souls of the dearly departed?" Sana asks you, a tinge of hope in her voice.

"Well, um, no." You sigh.

Sana then slams the door in front of your face. Well, there goes that option. Now what?

>Go to Maria.
>Go to Zephyr.
>>
>>45734211
>Go to Maria
>>
>>45734211
You let out a sigh and wonder if Maria would take this thing off your hands. As you walk down the corridor and knock on her door, it swings open to reveal Maria clad in a towel, about to dress herself.

"Oops." You say, a small blush coming on your face. "Sorry."

"You hussy!" Maria growls at you, trying to cover herself when she already has a damn towel on. "What in the gods' name do you want?"

"I just wanted to give you something." You hold out the bag towards her. Maria stomps towards you, snatches the bag out of your hands and looks inside it. Then she flings it back towards you.

"You want me to wear such a scandalous thing?! Me?!" The cleric shouts in anger. "I would rather die!"

"But-"

"Get out of my room!" Maria shoves you out of her doorway and slams the door into your face.

Well, shit. That's two down. You wonder if you should throw this thing away.

>Go to Zephyr.
>Throw it in the trash.
>Put it in the storage room.
>
>>
>>45734331
>Go to Zephyr.
>>
>>45734331
You walk towards the direction of Zephyr's room, stopping at her door and knocking on it. Gods, you really hope she takes it.

The archer emerges from door, clad in skimpy panties and a shirt. "What?" she asks you.

"I got you some clothes." You toss her the bag.

Zephyr snorts and looks into the bag, snorting in laughter. "Oh, gods, I didn't know you were into pretending to be a cat, Eve!"

"Will you take the damn thing or not?!" You snap at her, annoyed. Sana and Maria blew you off, and you're really not in the mood to humor her right now.

"Fine, fine. I've been meaning to find something to seduce Krieg in anyways." Zephyr smiles at you. "Wait here for a minute." She heads back into her room, shutting the door halfway.

A minute later, she reappears, wearing the outfit you gave her. Good gods, you can see her cleavage threatening to burst out of the hole in shape of a cat's head.

"How do I look?" She asks you.

>"Krieg would be drooling at you."
>"Like a deranged beastgirl.
>"Would you go back in already?"
>>
>>45734503
>"Krieg would be drooling at you."
>>
>>45734503
"Krieg would be drooling at you." You reply flatly.

"I hope he manages to clean up just in time for me to pounce on him." Zephyr sighs dreamily.

"Whatever." You turn to leave and head back to your room, slamming the door behind you. You flop onto your bed and sigh. You wonder what was Mei doing now. An odd thought to be thinking of, but right now, you really didn't want to think of your bitchy guildmates.

(cont)
>>
>>45734601
You are Mei, and you are currently fighting a horde of orcs who are attacking the village you promised to protect. Flinging shuriken after shuriken, you watch the orcs fall to the ground and the rest charging over the bodies of their dead comrades.

"FOR THE HORDE!" One of the orc bellows.

"WE WILL TAKE THE FOOD AND THE WOMEN!" Another roars.

Gods, they're really worked up. You wonder if there's a skill in your arsenal that will get rid of these morons. Wait, you do.

What do you do?

>Use the Phoenix Storm skill.
>Use the Dragon's Wind skill.
>Use the Twilight Blade skill.
>>
>>45734655
>Use the Dragon's Wind skill.
>>
>>45734655
You clasp your hands together and mutter a chant in your native tongue, a whirwind appearing in front of you. Soon, the wind changes into a shape of a snake-like dragon and charges at the army of orcs, their screams were like music to your ears.

Green blood spurts out into the air as the razor-sharp winds slices into their skins, the dragon expelling out a gale in front of a group of orcs, sending them flying into the distance.

Soon, only a handful of orcs remain, incredibly weakened and injured.

"You damn orcs! Now's the time for revenge!" One of the village guards roars.

"Kill them!" Another shouts.

Those idiots don't even know the meaning of the phrase, "cornered animal." You're going to have to do something about this.

>Stop the guards.
>Finish the weakened orcs off yourself.
>Let them go.
>>
>>45734823
>Kill the weakened orcs yourself.
>>
>>45734823
You shake your head and pull out some special kunai and fling them at the orcs, each one having a tag on them.

The orcs cry out in pain as the kunai suddenly explode, limbs flying across the field and some of them slam against the gate.

"By the gods..." The first guard whispers.

"You did it!" The second roars loudly. "You've really done it!"

"Whatever. Take me to the chief already." You sigh. You really didn't have time for this nonsense. You can't wait to go home and relax.

As you turn to leave, a loud thud can be heard behind you.

"YOU, WOMAN!" A deep masculine voice bellows out. "MY COMRADES... YOU WILL DIE!"

You turn to see an armored orc wielding a spear and pointing it at you. Fucking hell.

What do?

>Fight his dumb ass.
>Throw a leftover kunai at him.
>Perform a finishing move.
>>
>>45734918
>Throw a leftover kunai at him.

No one got time for that.
>>
>>45734918
You groan and pull out a smoke bomb, hurling it at the plank floor. The smoke billows forth, obscuring the armored orc's vision as well as your allies.

You swiftly toss a kunai at his unprotected neck and backflip away as the orc screams, exploding in a fiery mess of burnt flesh and metal.

As the smoke clears, the guards stare at the headless corpse of the orc.

"Thank the gods..." The first one sighs.

"Everyone would've died if he go inside..." The second states.

"No need to thank me, boys. I'm just doing my job." You interrupt them. "Now can we please go and get my payment?"

As you and the guards head back towards the village, you wonder what Zandor's doing back in Grandale. Probably getting chewed out by the boss. That would be funny to see.

(cont)
>>
>>45735006
You are Zandor Walzart, and you are relaxing in your comfortable chair and drinking some wine. You only wish you had some music to go with your peaceful relaxation, but silence will have to do.

As you crack open another book and look at its contents, someone violently knocks upon your door.

"Zandor! Zandor, let me in!" A female's voice shouts. You try to recall who is the owner of said voice. Evelyn? No, her voice isn't that high-pitched enough.

Clara? No, she has an accent that would be found in northern Arcadia.

"Zandor, you let me in this instant!" The voice grows louder and angrier.

Now you remember the owner of the voice. Natasha, an A-rank hunter, whose skill with the bow is nigh peerless. What the devil could she want with you for?

As you get up and open the door, Natasha bursts into the room, panting heavily. "Gods, what took you so long?" She grunts out.

"I was busy relaxing." You reply blandly.

"Well then, stop relaxing. Because we're going on a mission." Natasha snaps.

"...You signed me up on a mission without consulting me?" You glare at her.

"Oh, get over it, you big baby. You got all that magical power and it's just going to waste!" The green-haired woman snaps. "Why don't you ever go out on missions, anyway?"

>"Because I get easily hurt."
>"My magic is needed for better things."
>"I just don't want to."
>>
>>45735124
>"Because I easily get hurt."
>>
>>45735124
"Because I bruise easily." You say, rolling your eyes at the hunter.

"Bullshit. You can make barriers out of magic!" Natasha doesn't seem to accept your excuse at all. "What's the real reason?"

"If you must know, I have been given special missions that are only suited to me and me alone. It is a great prestige that has been given to me, and I doubt you can comprehend that." You state.

"Yeah, sounds nice. Now move it!" Natasha pushes you out of the room and drags you along towards the hall.

As you two arrive, you see two more figures standing near the quest board. Oh, no.

"Aw, man, Nat." The one you remember being called Echerson groans. "You didn't tell me you were bringing Mister Killjoy along."

"I beg your pardon?" You reply, offended.

"I don't think that Mister Zandor is a killjoy." Lamont says in your defense. "I think he's a nice person; he has trouble showing it."

You wonder if it's too late to head back to your room.

"Ok, guys, are we done?" Natasha silences them. "Good. We've got a big day ahead of us, so let's go and get ourselves prepared. Zandor, you're buying."

Gods, give you strength.

>To be continued.

Thanks for playing. I'll see you all Wednesday, if there's any more players.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.