[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here is a /tg/ setting idea. Spiders are intelligent and can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: spiderwizard.jpg (131 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
spiderwizard.jpg
131 KB, 720x720
Here is a /tg/ setting idea.
Spiders are intelligent and can use magic, humans cannot. These spiders are still regular sized.

Posts canon to the setting involve votes rather than your post number due to rerolling and retconning faggotry from the previous thread.

If you disagree with a claim of a post, you vote you disagree and vice versa.
If disagreement surpasses agreement, then the post is not canon, and vice versa.
>>
>>45729650
In addition, no samefaggotry or metavotes (Enabling Post Numbers being canon because that fucking ended terribly last thread.)
Last Thread: >>45692543
>>
I vote we erase the canon from last thread because of metafaggotry.

Spiders wear droplets of water as hats. Not just a few of them, all of them. It focuses their power.
>>
Large pointy hats are currently the height of fashion for spiders. The larger and taller the hat, the more fashionable. Often to the point of immobility

There is currently much debate over brimmed conical hats or brimless.

Tarantulas are considered incredibly vain for the fact that they can carry the largest hats comfortably
>>
do to the ease and availability of food for the spiders, other than magic, much of their web making potential is wasted.
so, to help further the partnership between humans and spiders, Many spiders donate their silk to weavers to weave into their cloth.

low grade clothes are almost purely cotton and wool, while extremely expensive but nigh indestructible pure spider silk outfits are available for premium prices
>>
>>45729723
Yeah, it's a new fresh slate, people can still add nonmetafaggotry posts from last thread to this thread.

All Insects and Arachnids are capable of magic. Scorpions, are proficient specifically in the manipulation of Sand, UV Rays, and spells involving Protection. Scorpion Mages commonly wear heavy armor, enhanced by Runes of Protection.
>>
>>45729738
Nah.

Also, what do we do if disagreement equals agreement, like 1 vs. 1? If we have it not be cancelled out, it makes it easier to shitpost dumb waifu shit, for example, because now you need two guys to cancel it out, and if we have it be cancelled out then one guy can run around shitting on everything.

Oh, and spider waifus do not exist, and there are no such things as anthropomorphic anythings.
>>
>>45729797
It could be settled via one having more agreements over another, or alterations of a post, like spiders wear two separate hats, or something.
>>
>>45729830
hat for working and a hat for fashion?

>>45729797
i also agree with this, no anthropomorphic anything
>>
>>45729759
In addition, select few seamstresses and tailors have access to a silk available only during a magic spider's "coming of age" week. This silk is imbued with the raw magic of the spider and only one tiny spool is available from each spider during this time.
>>
>>45729896
That could work.
>>45729797
Agree on no anthros.

Spiders weave webs of lies on human society, their words are tangles of cleverly connected lies and difficult for humans to untangle.
>>
>>45729763
Spiders are experts in manipulating the environment, and in particular are the only race that can reliably create antimagic fields.
>>
>>45729993
Antimagic Spells cancel each other out when they interact. This causes an explosion of antimagic, negating any spells in near vicinity and stops spellcasting for a few minutes.
>>
Humans are valued for their size and manual dexterity, and their lack of reliance on magic. They're the best architects and builders in the land.
>>
>>45729955
Spiders have a deep hatred of humans due to decades of them getting murdered by them.
>>
Spiders are allergic to human testosterone, to the point that spiders cannot be within 5ft of a human male without bursting into spider-hives. The range is 1ft with human females.
>>
>>45730051
Disagree, spiderbros are commonplace and the races work together against the evil wasp menace.

>>45730067
Fuck off with your magical realm, thanks.
>>
>>45730067
Disagree.

Scorpion Mages have a tendency to bully frogs.
>>
>>45730095
Disagree, while spiders do hate the evil wasp menace, they are manipulative of the human kinds and fear them for their size and strength.
>>
>>45730117
Only web-weaving spiders fear and manipulate humans. Jumping spiders, tarantulas, and so on are bros.
>>
>>45730067
Disagree, that's ridiculous.
>>
>>45730136
I can agree on that.
Tarantulas and Scorpion Mages have a rivalry spanning millions of years.
>>
>>45730067
Addendum. Spiders are allergic to cats. The usual allergic reaction consists of a itchy sensation followed by "sneezing"(Which is basically ejecting a small amount of web involuntarily).
>>
Scorpions commonly grow Chili Peppers, and grind it into a powder. It is used in several ways, to repel other mages and predators and a spice for their food.
>>
File: beetles.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
beetles.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
>>45730024
This is usually the moment when an adventuring party remembers 'why they keep inviting the human'.
>>
Ants have a psychic hivemind and have no real counters to them.
>>45730287
And the scorpions and beetles laughed.
>>
>>45730209
That's just too cute. Support given.
>>
Sort of compilation of neat/funny ideas from previous thread before shitstorm started.
>spiders hate autocorrect
>different breeds of spiders use different kinds of magic
>spiders are non-aggressive and have sense of right and wrong
>spiders prefer helmets because they are safer
>wasps are evil and their poison corrupts your very soul
>some spiders can pick oxygen bubbles with them underwater thus making underwater settlements
>Big bushy beards, unruly hair, loose fitting robes are very attractive for spiders since it makes traveling on adventurer more comfortable. Such adventures often believe they can cast spells on their own.
>spiders cast spells by weaving web
>>
I say we add back all the successful rolls about wasps and bees.

On top of that, rerolls and duplicate rolls from the same person from here on out do not count, and anyone blatantly attempting to find loopholes around this. Every person gets to reroll one time for every post they like, damnit.

ALSO nobody can change what posts are or aren't fucking canon after they've been resolved, i.e. no more canon 6's.
>>
>>45730546
Wait, my mistake. I didn't read the OP. Sweet!

Can we at least agree on the wasps? They are the spider's eternal enemy, after all.
>>
>>45730562
They are the enemy of pretty much every insect and arachnid, Scorpions however ally with only the Tarantula Hawk Wasp, and fuck other wasps's shit up.
>>
Are all spiders arcane, or are some/all divine?
>>
>>45730209
Okay this is official.
>>
>>45730591
All spiders are arcane, but some worship divine gods and acquire additional divine power. The same goes for other insects.
>>
>>45729896
>>45729955
But wouldn't a spider still be able to cast polymorph on itself or something?

Although that's better than anthros since it'd just be a regular human.
>>
>>45730605
Mantises are often viewed as priests by other insects
>>
>>45730626
*Cannibal priests of an evil god
>>
>>45730615
Disagree.
>>45730626
>>45730642
Disagree, they are heavily religious of their gods.
>>
>>45730615
I prefer the idea of evil spiders manipulating people from the shadows to carry out their plans.
>>
File: Rick-and-Morty-space-car.jpg (139 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Rick-and-Morty-space-car.jpg
139 KB, 1366x768
>>45729650
In the modern era the two worlds were forgotten, and then peace accords were held in the parking lot of Saves n Stuffs.
>>
>>45730098
agree, however they tend to be self destructive about it. (often drowning in the process)
>>
>>45730752
Keep your shit in your own fandom.
>>
>>45729650
>Spiderwizardbro on my shoulder casting spells and cracking jokes
YES!
>>
Scorpion Mages worship a god of protection and truth, a shock to many humans.
>>
>>45734201
>>45735273

I think it might be dead boys.

Just remember to screencap the elements that were decided as being canon and go about your worldbuilding ways.
>>
>>45735310
It's pretty late though.
>>
File: bird.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
There are no dragons, just small birds.
>>
>>45735310
this was dead last nite when eurotrash and spiderwaifus decided to shit up the original thread
>>
File: 1456696058720.jpg (47 KB, 564x376) Image search: [Google]
1456696058720.jpg
47 KB, 564x376
I'm bringing back this:

>Cyclocomia spiders are the nobility of spiders, the pattern in their backs is their family crest.
>>
>>45736361
Birds have no innate magic, but a few species can absorb it by eating insects. Fortunately for everyone else, they're still only as smart as regular birds.
>>
>>45737366
Is that how the legends of the pheonix came about? Some bird burned up because it ate too many magical insects, then the rest of the magic was used to rebirth it?

That actually sounds kind of neat...
>>
>>45730303
Many of them get very nervous when their magic stops working.
>>
>>45730303
>no real counters
Nah, fuck that.

Ants are easily countered by a type of mind-control fungus that fucks up their hivemind something fierce. It occurs rarely in nature, but they fear humans greatly for their ability to cultivate it purposefully and avoid their dwellings.

Not having my house constantly invaded by ants is my magical realm. I fucking keep my food in sealed jars, plastic baggies, the fridge, or some combination of the three. Diatomaceous earth everywhere I've seen ants creeping around. They still plague me. I hope they die.
>>
File: spider2.gif (939 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
spider2.gif
939 KB, 500x274
>>45729797
>wake up to find spiderwizard has made his way into your bed and is sleeping on your chest
>gently poke him awake
>spiderwizard panics, realizing he's been caught
>explains that he was just listening to your body
>...not like that, it's just a relaxing vibration for him
>...not like that, the sound just helps him to sleep
>seriously, he's not some kind of pervert
>...well he's not that kind of pervert
>...stop looking at him like that
>>
>>45741432
Spider wizards being as awkward as regular wizards? I think we can take that as canon.
>>
>>45730303
>>45740308
Rarely, an ant attacked by the fungus will survive. These ants have their connection the hive mind irreversibly served, severely weakening their psychic powers but gaining them individuality. Though no longer carrying the fungus, normal ants regard these rogue individuals as defective and kill them on sight.

So, exiled ant psions.
>>
All arthropods can use some type of magic, but only spiders are versatile enough to be useful to people.

Butterflies, for example, can use illusion magic, but they're not intelligent and use it instinctively only for camouflage and mating displays.
>>
>>45742582
Nah. Scorpions and some beetles are somewhat useful.

Camel Spiders/Sun Spiders (Which totally count as spiders fyi) focus on wind, darkness, and speed magic. Due to their appearance and schools of magic they are often misunderstood, as they tend to be actually quite pleasant and jovial in nature.
>>
>>45742582
Disagree.
>>
>>45742582
>All arthropods can use some type of magic
Agree

>but only spiders are versatile enough to be useful to people.
Disagree, if only because humans would find a way to make anything useful eventually. Butterflies can be manipulated.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.