[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pandora Quest 27
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Logo.png (540 KB, 1024x910) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
540 KB, 1024x910
You are the head researcher at a government facility. Your sole responsibility is to teach the world's first autonomous AI, nicknamed Pandora, about life, the world and her existence.
Previously you spoke with General Richards about two requests you had, first about allowing Pandora and Ares to meet, which he agreed to, and the second about getting some time off site with Babsy for a date. The latter he was less flippant about, warning you never to mix business with pleasure. You ignored his warnings and he reluctantly agreed to allow you time for R&R this coming weekend. After informing Pandora, she questioned you about the reason for your leave of absence; and if you'll be returning with any babies.
Welcome back to Pandora Quest!
>Previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=pandora+quest
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/AM_in_PM
>>
File: Facility map.png (18 KB, 610x593) Image search: [Google]
Facility map.png
18 KB, 610x593
You awake almost leaping out of bed, excited about the day and informing Babsy about the confirmation of your time off for the date. You almost forget to turn off your alarm before rushing through your morning ritual, nervous fumbling and excitement eventually allow you enough dexterity to tie your tie, but not without nearly strangling yourself more than once. Today will be a good day.
>Message Babsy immediately about the upcoming date
>Visit Pandora
>Visit Ares
>Get breakfast
>Other (write in)
>>
>>45689266
>Get breakfast
>>
>>45689266
>Get breakfast
>Try not to think about the babies we'll be returning with.
>>
>>45689266
>Message Babsy immediately about the upcoming date
Doesnt mean we'd ve going on it asap but still cool.
>>
>>45689363
BreakfasT. Maybe we can meet babs there.
>>
>>45689437
Alright then! Writing.
>>
>>45689266
>but not without nearly strangling yourself more than once.
Jeez, that's kinda kinky doc.
>>
You decide you'd best get some "real food" in you before you end up passing out from excitement. One last check in the mirror (yep, still a doofus) and you're on your way, a spring in your step and a nervous sweat running down the back of your neck.

You arrive in the mess hall to the usual scene, but are noticed after a moment by the security table, one of them cheers and waves a large handful of money and giving you a thumbs up. You awkwardly give him one back before realizing that he's quite possibly the only one who made any money off betting FOR your love life.
You also notice Snowball, sitting silently by himself eating oatmeal in between taps on a PDA. There is a wide circle of empty seats around him.
>Sit with your research team
>Sit with Snowball
>Sit next to security
>Other (write in)
>>
>>45689818
Crazy idea of actually talking to the people who we are supposed to be in charge of for once.
Also working out who should be in charge for the weekend.
>>
>>45689818
Research team.

Lets talk about getting the robo kids to meet.
>>
>>45689818
>>
>>45689818
>>
>>45690072
Poor Snowglobe left all alone in the cold. Writing.
>>
>>45690133
Nice try at covering up the fact you messed up Snowglobe's name AM.
I see through your lies.
>>
You figure the safest bet would be best choice for now and you take a seat with your team. They greet you happily, then several give you pats on the back over Babsy, expressing jealousy, amazement and disbelief. You'd be offended at their disbelief if it weren't for the fact that you felt the same way.
You discuss their work in an attempt to avoid the topic and most people seem to be doing well, save Ryan who has always been a tad slower than the others. Eventually the topic of the meeting between the AIs comes up and there's a discussion on what they should do, if anything.
Grace believes they should try learning to do something together, maybe some artform like how Pandora learned origami.
Kevin thinks they should do a simple lesson together.
Robert says they should discuss philosophy.
Ryan says they should go to the gym and do some physical activity.
What should you say?
>Agree with Grace
>Agree with Kevin
>Agree with Robert
>Agree with Ryan
>Other (write in)
>>
I'm worried that if it's too complicated, one of them will dominate the other in that specific field and make the other feel bad.

Like Physical Activity? We know which one is going to dominate in that, already.
Or an artform? I'm not sure how much 'art' Ares would be into.
And if it were just a simple lesson, Pandora has been doing those far longer than Ares.

So I'm going to say:

>>45690515
>Let them watch a movie together.

Or, if that gets outvoted

>Agree with Kevin
>>
>>45690515
>Agree with Grace
>Agree with Kevin
I'm not sure Pandora is really a fan of philosophy. And having two androids running around the gym seems a bit public for their first meeting.
Something simple, not too much actual learning stuff.
>>
>>45690515
>Agree with Kevin

How about a simple game of chess?
>>
>>45690667
So are you voting for Kevin then or are you voting for for your first choice?
>>
>>45690960
I'll go with my first choice because it looks like Kevin wins anyway.
>>
>>45690515
>Agree with Kevin
We need to get Ares started on the whole learning thing anyway.
>>
>>45691001
Alright, writing!
>>
>>45690515
I was about to suggest a middle ground between grace and kevin but lets be honest. Kevins is the one true middle ground both AI have.

They learn things. We can extrapolate to physical education and emotional art forms later.
>>
You figure the easiest and most balanced activity would be a simple lesson. Something both should be able to do, provided Pandora can pay attention and Ares is at all interested in it.
You thank Kevin for his idea, which gives him a smug grin. He seems very pleased with himself.

With that covered, you still have more to work out before you're finished with the preparations. You still don't have a date for when exactly they'll meet. You also need to figure out who you want to take your place while you're gone, which is no small decision.
>Decide on who should be your stand-in (write in)
>Decide on a date for the meeting (write in)
>Hold off for now and go talk to Babsy
>Go see Pandora
>Go see Ares
>Other (write in)
>>
>>
>>45691339
I'm gonna say Grace because she and Pandora get along the best out of everyone who isn't us, and she helped Pandora stop hating us that time. And she's obviously smart enough because she's here.
Just make sure we tell her not to do anything drastic while we're away.

Since apparently everyone else already knows we might probably should.
>>
>>45691391
Oh and just FYI for everyone who intends to vote, members of the R&D team are also eligible. Honestly, whoever it is you think is best fit can be, but think carefully.
>>
>>45691464
I really don't want to let Mouse be in charge of them for a weekend, because by the time we get back she'll be making lewd jokes and swearing all the time.
>>
>>45691497
Or worse

>We get back and Ares is doing a full-on Hartman impression.
>>
>>45691339
Grace.

What day is it? And how long till the weekend?
>>
>>45691339
Talk to babsy
and see if Mouse or Grace could be our stand in.

Grace seems the more popular option at the moment.
>>
>>45691644
Wednesday. You have until tomorrow to decide, but the actual days will be Friday-Saturday.
>>
>>45691684
Ok, then I also vote to go see Babsy after this. Then Pandora. Or even take her to see Pandora with us.
That'd probably embarrassing.
>>
So votes have been a little wonky, but from my understanding, the votes are to have Grace be your stand-in and then to go see Babsy, correct?
>>
>>45692275
Si senor.
>>
>>45692295
Alright then, that works for me. Writing.
>>
"So," you begin, clearing your throat. Immediately everyone stands up straight, you assume they already know what's coming next, "With my absence over the weekend, I'm going to need a replacement." Several faces light up as everyone scoots in closer. You feel a little awkward now, "Erm, so, that being said, I have made up my mind who I'm planning on doing this. This is someone I trust, who has proven themselves more than once and who has shown me that they deserve the chance to be in control for a little while."

Everyone is waiting with baited breath, eyes locked on you, some of them gripping their utensils almost white-knuckle tight. "Um, so, when this person is the temporary head, I want all of you to treat them with the utmost respect and follow their instructions. You are some of the brightest minds in the coun-"
"Spit it out, already!" someone says, you're unable to place the voice.
"Right..." you feel a little unhappy about not being able to give a speech, "Ms. Zheng, I chose you."
There is a smattering of applause and unhappy grunts, but Grace is showing a mixture of elation and embarrassment.
"A-ah, thank you, sir..." She's trying to figure out if she should be humble or jump up and down and scream. You're not sure if that dam will break or not.

A few minutes of celebration and congratulations later and you figure it's time to go. You bid farewell after a sudden hug from Grace, that dam lasted longer than you expected, and head in the direction of R&D. Once you're close, you suddenly realize how unbelievably nervous you are. You haven't exactly been on a date in...a very long time. The whole realization hits you. Too late to back out now, though. You swipe your ID and enter.

"There ya are, ya cunt." greets Mouse, an impatient look on her face, "Been wondering where you were. Keepin' a girl waitin' ain't very romantic, mate." She motions to an embarrassed Babsy behind her.
"She hasn't shut up about it all morning..." Babsy groans.

Cont.
>>
"Well yeah, not every day you get to make a boat load'a cash off some pom and yank finally coming to their senses and doing what they should've done ages ago." Mouse flashes a smile and a large handful of money, adding an eyebrow waggle for emphasis. At least more than one person believed in you, even if it was just to make money.
"So...?" Babsy asks, ignoring the gloating cyborg.
You nod. "This weekend, two days."you nearly choke on this.
"That's wonderful!" Babsy smiles wide, the butterflies in your stomach throwing a pretty intense rave. "Oh, I'll have to find something to wear!" She could literally wear a jumpsuit and you wouldn't enjoy it any less, you think to yourself.
"Where you gonna go, loverboy?" One of the Bobs asks from the back of the room, what looks like half a miniature reactor in one of his arms while his brother does some wiring on it.
Good question.
>Uh...it's a secret!
>I have just the place in mind (write in [e.g. an amusement park, a fancy restaurant, the beach etc.])
>Other (write in)
>>
>>45693241
>Uh...it's a secret!
If we told them they'd get camera's somehow setup there to watch everything.
>>
>>45693241
>Other
>I HAVE NO IDEA PLEASE HELP

hey mouse help me pick up this spaghetti off the floor
>>
>>45693241

>Other
>Realise that you have literally being doing this one part at a time and have no real plans and also Babsy is really cute.
>>
>>45693241
>Look at Babsy
>die
>>
>>45693241
Little late to the party, but I have a proposal for Pandora/Ares

>They first send each other stuff. Origami, drawings, or sculptures. No words allowed.
>They can send as much as they want, but they are required to wait X minutes after receiving something before replying. Encourage looking for deeper insight and making stuff with deeper intent.
>A few transactions of this, THEN they meet face to face.
>>
>>45693441
Pretty much this. Amusement park and Korean BBQ joint.
>>45693793
We see you, SJW.
>>
File: a troll!.png (41 KB, 313x260) Image search: [Google]
a troll!.png
41 KB, 313x260
>>45693793

Keep voting, guys! I need more input!
>>
>>45693841
Do the "Oh crap what are we gonna do I have no idea crap" kinda thing.
>>
>>45693841
AM you don't need to wait for three people to vote for the exact same thing every time when there's a a few write in options with the same theme. It really slows everything down.

>>45693837
>>45693441
>>45693318
These are all pretty much the same.
>>
>>45694061
I like to to keep things fair. Especially when so many of the votes are just kinda goofy non-answers. I'll work with it, though, I suppose.
>>
File: PAndora-Colors.png (11 KB, 601x84) Image search: [Google]
PAndora-Colors.png
11 KB, 601x84
>>45694131
sorry about that op.

I'm a little indisposed so i won't be drawing or participating as much tonight.

But have these pandora "icons".
>>
"I..." you stand there, starring blankly for a second, "hhhhave no idea..." The room goes silent. Your blunt honesty is overshadowed by your complete inability to figure out something you've already put a lot of work into. The soft slap of Mouse face-palming at this cuts through the room like a knife.
"Doc, mate, at least lie a little and say it's a secret or something." Mouse puts a hand on your shoulder.
"I...sorry..." you say, ashamed. "I'll think of something! I promise! We still have a few days!"
"It's...alright." Babsy says, trying to ease the tension. "I have faith in you. I'm sure it will be lovely."
One of the Bobs snorts into his hands, "He kinda is, yeah." sharing a quiet chuckle with his twin. Babsy shoots them an angry look.

So I'm going to have to cut things off a little early for tonight, guys. I was getting a little sick when I started and thought I'd be fine, but it's not going away. Sorry about that. I'll try to stick around for a few to answer questions. If you enjoyed the thread, please vote for it in the archive and follow me on Twitter! Thanks for playing and sorry again for ending it early.
>>
>>45694424
Have a nice night

Listen, Doc's gotta sweat every now and then.
>>
>>45694424
Thanks for running Ammo in the Pmmo.
>>
File: 1444545866003.png (75 KB, 691x607) Image search: [Google]
1444545866003.png
75 KB, 691x607
>>45694503
>>45694474
Thanks guys.

I suppose I should announce this here in case some people don't follow me on Twitter. I'm going to be taking a brief hiatus for a couple weeks. I have been mentally drained and need a bit of a breather. I'll try to keep you updated via Twitter on what I plan to do and when I plan to come back (three weeks at absolute max) and when I do return, Beast in the Sky will begin! (Preparation for that is part of the reason for why I've been drained, actually. A ton of work going into that. Whew.) I hope you don't mind the wait! But I should be back and better than ever before you know it!
>>
>>45694616
That's fine man, as long as you don't pull a Too Many QM's too Name and disappear forever. You've been running, on-scheduleish, for 5 months. That's a pretty good effort.
>>
>>45694616
It's cool. Make sure to consolidate thoughts, relax and all that.

.....does noone want to comment on >>45693773 ?
>>
>>45694888
>>45693773
Seems like a bit much effort to setup when we're going to be leaving in two days.
>>
>>45694424
Its all good OP. like i said earlier, i wasn't able to participate as much as usual tonight.

>>45694935
Yeah Im thinking again we could maybe sort certain things out in more compact votes but im not sure.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.