[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG proxies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: eldrazi.png (166 KB, 270x450) Image search: [Google]
eldrazi.png
166 KB, 270x450
So where's the current best place to get quality MTG proxies (meaning CONVINCING FAKES WAAAHHH)? Got an order from an Alibaba seller earlier and the cards definitely weren't the ones that have been causing uproar. Not going to try fucking people over, just want vintage/legacy stuff to play with friends.

Pic related, I added 4 eye/4 temple and won a modern tournament
>>
You're not really going to find any. A few people tried to shill the cards here, but it's one of those things where photos can lie pretty badly. Once a few anons stupidly fell for the advertising and bought the cards, they revealed that the print jobs were obviously terrible when viewed with the naked eye, and even when sleeved were hardly passable as fakes. Some too glossy, others had wild saturation issues, and all felt cheap.

It's likely going to be several more years before these small time printers figure out how to imitate large scale operations with their small scale devices and techniques.
>>
Why are kitchen groups so against proxies?
>>
>>45683739
What chinamen?
>>
>>45683951
>It's likely going to be several more years before these small time printers figure out how to imitate large scale operations with their small scale devices and techniques.
I dont think it will. have there been really any strides in digital printing other than scaling up sheets and smaller sprays. additionally it also comes down to their source material , bad scans and what not. also consider the paper they are using. All of this just to mimick a large scale offset printer that is technology that has been around for centuries.
>>
>>45683739
Honestly. If you're not going to get your cards inspected you can get stuff that's convincing enough.
Look around on ebay and shit. Only buy from chinamen if it is your last resource.

>>45683951
I've only seen two anons who said that, and about 4 who said they were ok.
>>
>>45688917
The proxies are not perfectamente excepto for some like blood moon and spellkite, but unless you play against an autistic that inspect all your cards, they will pass double sleeved and upwards
>>
>>45685782
When I play with friends it's all proxies
Magic is way too expensive. The only real cards we play with are duel decks. We buy those religiously
>>
>>45689289
What makes the card less or more passable with two sleeves? I understand that they're sometimes thinner and the texture isn't right, but unless they're blurry (which makes them terrible by default), I don't think another plastic would make them more real.
I hate shuffling with two sleeves and I actually don't have original copies to compare for some cards that I want to buy, like Liliana of the Veil.
>>
>>45690477
Two players of plastic makes the color more mate and make details harder to stop. If you hate doublesleeving, proxies are not for you
>>
>>45690828
Layers* fuck autocorect
>>
>>45690828
I think I prefer the painful shuffling than the painful purchase.
To be honest I still want to buy the real card, but I just can't afford it right now. Thanks for the advice, anon.
>>
I've ordered a lot of Chinaman fakes, and the seller I buy from has really good fakes. Sure, sometimes a few of the cards are a little too bold with their inking, but he always sends fixed replacements if you email him and ask.

I suggest trying it out if you have a spare $20 -- I think you'll be happy with what you'll get.
>>
>>45691392
Take in account, the newer the card, the probability of it being bad is more high. Eidolon is f great revel is very shit. Duals on the contrary, are very good if you get to shuffle them a lot or give them some kind of moderate damage.
>>
>>45692161
Which one, name, not link if u don't want
>>
>>45692213
The store # is: 1960139
>>
>>45692271
On Aliexpres, that is.
>>
>>45692189
i have stonemans vintage set on the way and this is what i'm paranoid about. i got it for the mana drain, invoke prejudice, nether void and the abyss for my edh stax deck. what is the best way to make the cards look aged?
>>
>>45692330
Run it on a desk, until it get some scratches. Btw in proxies i have heard that villa zheng are good cuz he have the cards to scan. But have never bought so i'm not sure
>>
>>45692632
Rub*
>>
>>45692632
looking around a lot of people have said stoneman and villa zheng are the same people or working out of the same factory.
>>
>>45692189
Bought some old modern cards. Zendikar fetches and Lili.
>>
>>45685782
Personally when I played kitchen table magic I enjoyed the lower power level, by allowing proxies it essentially isn't "kitchen table jank" anymore, it's eventually just becomes half proxied T1 decks and such. It depends a lot on your playgroup I suppose and how competitive they are to if it will reach that point though.

That's the only real reason apart from ethically I can understand to be against them.
>>
>>45692271
I bougjt from this Ron.Liu guy, got the cards like a week ago. And honestly i was quite impressed. I didn't go too crazy, got some staples and a few unhinged lands. I compared them to my legit unhinged plains and i had trouble telling the difference. The chink fakes feel a little more glossy but you could wore them out on the tabletop and sleeve them.

I don't really feel guilty for running proxy lands.
>>
>>45683951
False.

>>45687417
Stoneman.

topjasonchen on skype, or Fire_Man on DHgate.

You're all welcome.
>>
>>45691392
Shuffling with double-sleeved cards is orgasmic though
Don't use fucking Ultra Pro you pleb
>>
>>45685782
Same reason people don't play Chess or Go casually. It just doesn't make for casual fun when you're trying your very best to win, because its intrinsically going to mean you prefer doing something efficient over anything novel or fun.

Kitchen table players want creative, silly or very swingy decks at their table. Things that make them laugh, or appreciate a coherence of theme and just having a good time with each other.
Competitive players care, for the most part, about the actual game aspect. For many, they could replace the cards with nameless pieces of printer paper with rules on them, and as long as they were functionally the same in terms of game mechanics, their enjoyment would be intact.
Of course, not all people are ONLY competitive or ONLY casual. Lots of spikes still play pet decks or decks that do things they enjoy doing
>>
>>45696386
I bought Stoneman proxies when they were "a good print run", and they sucked
>>
>>45692161
>>45692271
>>45692314
>>45696262

How much does he charge for singles? The pricing on his store is pretty confusing
>>
>>45698737
>Doesn't play Great Wall opening for the lulz
>Rengo

For real though. Kitchen table is a bigger tent than you're implying. 60 card casual is the majority but I've run into groups doing full proxy vintage.
>>
>>45698978
Can confirm they're fucking shit. Do not buy
>>
File: fake.jpg (179 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fake.jpg
179 KB, 960x720
>>45683739

I sold some fakes from stone. I find it has a lot more to do with the card itself and whether or not it arouses suspicion, as in, people expect certain cards to be faked, like duals and older legacy cards.

Now, all of the cards fail the tests. The light test does not shine clearly through the paper like it does normally, and any hi res scanner will show the dot pattern is incorrect. However, I again found, with certain cards, that if no one suspects a card to be faked, they don't test the cards, so it only has to look good. I found successful cards to be Lilianna of the Veil, Crucible of Worlds, and Stoneforge Mystic. Other cards were almost always caught due to clear miscoloration, such as Snapcaster Mage, missing phyrexian symbol in Batterskull, spacing issues on Fulminator Mage.

It was a real trial and error, and I'd say only 30% of cards passed the naked eye check, but even still, I handily doubled my investment in a playset of mixed modern fakes.

Bear in mind, this is for the old set. Newer sets I've ordered but have not yet received.

Proof, a pic of me getting caught with an incorrectly weighted snapcaster. (They are all incorrectly weighted by just a smidge. Again, the key is lowering their guard with which cards you try to pass off so none tests are undertaken.)
>>
>>45700018
That is just important if you are going to trade them.
I don't imagine playing against somenoe who says: first i will lightest all your deck to see if you have some fakes! that's fairly autistic
>>
>>45699852
?
I mentioned that people who play formats competitively (Vintage with proxies) don't really care about proxies because they're playing for the mechanics of the game as a "sport"
"Kitchen table" implies a very casual kind of player. It doesn't literally mean all people who play on their kitchen table.
>>
>>45700018
>It was a real trial and error, and I'd say only 30% of cards passed the naked eye check, but even still, I handily doubled my investment in a playset of mixed modern fakes.
Don't pretend, fag. Just say straight up: "I conned a bunch of autists out of their NEETbux"

It's literally fraud, don't pretend it's "an investment", it's about as much of an investment as a balaclava
>>
>>45700018
That snap looks okish to me.

You got caught? Did these ppl rape you?
>>
>>45700886
kek u mad? stay mad u self righteous nerd
>>
>>45701590
I'm not the slightest bit mad that you're scamming fags.
If you pay that much for cardboard, you're a retard.

I'm telling you to quit being deluded enough to think you're doing anything other than scamming people.
>>
File: genuine.jpg (182 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
genuine.jpg
182 KB, 960x720
>>45701317

It was entirely through online trading services. Anytime someone calls you out, you just make a new account. And yes, it does look okay if you don't have a real snap to compare it to. Pic related, a genuine.

>>45700886

Don't get angry, friend. Being pedantic over word choice is rather pointless. If you don't want to get scammed, invest in a 5 dollar flashlight, or better yet, a 20 dollar scanner/printer.
>>
>>45701952
I won't get scammed, because I'm not retarded enough to buy this shit at full price.
also a jeweller's loupe
>>
>>45701590
I don't think he's mad, but it is a bit shitty and isn't anything to be proud of.

Moreso just be aware that you're defrauding people. Never lose sight of what you're actually doing, by all means tell others you're the LGS Robin Hood but always be clear with yourself about what you're really doing, losing sight of that is the first step to going full retard and getting caught.
>>
>>45701927
you seem kind of bootyblasted for someone who isn't mad, anon
have you considered calling the waaambulance to fix your rekt rectum?
>>
>>45700018
>>45701952

So what i am looking here is that the weight of the fake one is a lil higher than the real one. Whats the deal?

The snapcaster looks quite good, however I cant avoid noticing something weird with the innistrad symbol and the borders.
>>
>>45704662
I don't see anything with the symbol, i just note the fakes is a little too light compared with the original one
>>
>>45706781

That can be somehow fixed if left under the sun/enviroment (in the roof of your house) for a couple of days.
>>
>>45707503
Wouldn't that damage it? if it rains...
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.