[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest Of The Faceless: Act 2, Scene 5: The Beauty And The Beast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 1
File: The Faceless.jpg (116 KB, 644x482) Image search: [Google]
The Faceless.jpg
116 KB, 644x482
Welcome one, and I welcome you all to the tale of a world called Thespia.

Here is the odyssey of one that clings to this world with no face of their own! In a place where magic is fundamental to all of creation, all who live wear their lives upon their face, where a fire might wish to be the cooking fire of an inn!

The Faceless overcame the tyrant lord of Bikel, Stephan Grant, son of Mikael Grant. Thus, while wearing the face of the vengeful spirit "The Reaper of Aurel" otherwise known as Dramir, a story in the world of Thespia comes to an end as a hero arrives to deliver the accursed Guisi from their fates of enslavement and labor.

Yet despite this success, a shadow of doubt looms upon the horizon as the Reaper claimed victory from Lord Grant whilst in his Arche's true form, a secret kept by the Guisi at all costs for fear of true persecution at the hands of other Thespians.

Yet the curtain has closed upon that story and a sibling pair grow restless as they hear the whispers of the Guisi elders and their intent to make the Reaper disappear to ensure that there are no loose ends.

"We will not see our work undone."

The Twitter!
> https://twitter.com/Faceless_Quest
If you have questions...
>http://ask.fm/Dranzy

And a log of the quest!
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Quest%20Of%20The%20Faceless

And The Faceless!
http://pastebin.com/dDstf0SN
>>
>[Interlude]

Lurking among the trees of littkle hamlet of Pruden's south woods, Prudenia a figure clad in darkness's ambiguity watches over the dancer and her party as they walk the the livingwood homes. From its vantage point, and with subtle movements of whispy ears, it listens in from afar as this party heads towards the task they were told to perform.

In watchful, lonely silence, it is there, observeing from the shadows, giving neither a peep nor drawing ever a breath too strong....

[End interlude]

Sol shines his morning light through the parting in the leaves that serve as window shades. The interior of this livingwood home is like nothing you've ever seen: the furniture, tables, chairs are all seemingly molded out of the floor of this treeborn home, covered in a powdery bark that's ever so slightly moist for coolness and comfort. Where there might have been a carpet, the bark changes thickness and texture, where there are cabinets, they seem welded shut until Teraca approaches and seems to “ask” the tree to open the door as it opens like a fold rather than upon a hinge.

As the three of you sit, your host pours you a sparkling, bubbling tea into cups of the same living wood, fizzling ever so slightly with excitement. You take a sip, and the sweetness washes over your tongue with bursts of rich fklavor, bringing a warmth to your heart and cheeks.
Once everyone is served, Teraca sits down in silence, peering up at everyone from underneath a black cowl that covers the tresses of her hair and lets only her the bottoms of her eyes, down to her neck show. You can make out a swirling floral pattern weave its way across her face, sprouting from her eyes, and all the way down the reaches of her neck, standing pink, red, and white against slightly green skin.
>>
>>45664014

The woman smiles at you all, the sad smile of a worried mother as the awkward silence in the room grows deafening. Biz seems to still be unable to relax from the run in with Dire wolves as he fidgets in his seat, and Odette, while none the worse for wear seems to defer the talking to you; likely she feels too close to the subject matter.

>[“So, uh... The posting said that your daughter was enchanted?”]
>[“I expected more hysterics based on your post...”]
>[“So, you're an Arafleur? What are your people about?”]
>[“Thank you for the tea... erm... Odette? You should take care of this.”]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>45664037
>>
>>45664037
>>
>>45664037
>[“I expected more hysterics based on your post...”]
>>
>>45664037
>>
>>45664037
>>
>>45664037
>>
“I'll be honest, I expected a touch more hysterics from you, madame.” You say, with somewhat of an awkward smile on your face, especially so as the woman seems to be nearly mourning with her selection of black clothing.

Teraca peers up at you, her flower-patterned eye bearing a sort of lethargy, of emptiness. Tilting her head away, her fingers grasp at the hem of her earthen brown dress, “Ah, yes... When I wrote to the guild I had much more zeal. Yet it's months after, and only now someone has finally come.”

“I'm sorry that we're the first to take up response. Has anything changed?” You ask, showing your concern with sincere eyes.

“Changed? Well... A week after I sent out the request, my daughter ceased returning altogether. Away from here, and out there with the Faeli that bewitched her and the wolves that've taken to lurking among our village.”

“Ah, the wolves.” Biz interjects, “I-I'm afraid madame, that they've hindered more than a few adventurers on their way here.” The bard sweats, clutching his lute, and tugging upon his feathered hat, “We had a close run in ourselves.”

“I'm sorry for the danger my friends... I only want my daughter to return home safe... The thought that she's the toy of some animal that's put on airs...” Teraca visibly shivers, pulling harder at her dress, the bones of her fingers apparent through the tautness of her green skin. “Now that you're hear, can you please save her? I haven't much, but I'll give you anything I have.”

>[“Anything you say? Well... How about your face?”]
>[“Don't worry Madame, we'll find your daughter, just keep our reward in mind.”]
>[“We need no reward to do the right thing, we only need you pay your due to the guild.”]
>[“I would ask for a favor in the future. At the time and place of my choosing...”]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>45664476
>[“Don't worry Madame, we'll find your daughter, just keep our reward in mind.”]
>>
>>45664476
That is just evil.
I'm choosing it
>>
>>45664476
First ask what Arafleur are about
>>
>>45664476
I'd say we decide after seeing how difficult this was.
And I don't see Beli being okay with taking people's faces as payment
>>
>>45664476
>>
>>45664476
>>
>>45664476
But rather ask if she'd even give up her face.
>>
>>45664476
>>
>>45664476
>[“I would ask for a favor in the future. At the time and place of my choosing...”]
>>
>>45664476
>>
>>45664476
>>
>>45664476

“Anything?” You say, your lips curling into a nearly amused smile. Part of your mind mischievously thinks, and the words are said aloud, “Even your face?”

The room is hushed as you ask the question, whatever music in the background dies immediately to make it clear what you'd said. The silence is absolutely deafening as Biz and Odette look upon you, Odette with a reserved stare, and Biz with eyes wide open in surprise. Teraca meekly looks up before the other two have a chance to say anything.
“My identity for hers? If it would save her from fate's machinations, I would offer the price of my soul for Prescilla.” Her lip quivers, yet her determination is resolute.

You can feel Beli's confusion from within, frowning upon the words though you assure her at least for now, that it is a jest.

“How could you ask that?” Biz whispers with a harsh tone to his otherwise melodic voice. “Everything she is or will be. You'd take that from someone?”

“I'm kidding, kidding!” You say, waving it off as the bad joke that it is.

Odette leers at you for a moment, then leans in to whisper so that only the you might hear, “I know you've had good intentions thus far, and this is why I trust you... But if you'd take advantage of a mother's grief, I will not take that lightly.” Odette leans away, clearing her throat. “We will save your daughter of course. Keep our reward in mind, whatever you deem appropriate and fair.” She says this with a smile.
>>
>>45665459
Teraca looks up at her between the folds of her hood, “I thank you kind adventurers... My daughter was last seen dancing off into the woods with the wisps at dusk, the laugh of the Faeli that toohttp://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/45664005#p45664560k her lingering on in the ears of the witness. The men of our village have tried to track her, though with the wolves abound we've lost more than we've found... Speaking of, I'm sure Elder Juraka would reward you all as well if the beasts were driven away.”

>[“Is there anything else that you can offer us to start?”]
>[“The ears of the witness? Who is that?”]
>[“We'll investigate the forest at Dusk then...]
>[“By chance... Is there any reason the Faeli would take your daughter?”
>[Write in]
>>
>>45665535
no idea how I got that hyperlink in there.
>>
>>45665535
>>
>>45665535
>>
>>45665535
>[“By chance... Is there any reason the Faeli would take your daughter?”
>>
>>45665535
>>
>>45665535
>>
>>45665535
>>
>>45665535
>>
>>45665535
>>[“The ears of the witness? Who is that?”]
>>[“We'll investigate the forest at Dusk then...]
>>
>>45665535

“A Witness heard this happen?” Who was it?” You ask with a detective's curiosity, after all a witness would give you a better idea of what you're going up against. Hell, even what you're really looking for.

Teraca's slight lips turn to frown as she brings her thin fist to her brow, “Unfortunately, the witness was one of the men that vanished in the woods... I'm afraid that the wolves have gotten to him. Joles was such a good man...”

You sigh, the wolves are a real problem... Though it's a touch strange that the Faeli can apparently move around unharmed. “Did the wolves come around about the same time of your daughter's enchantment?”

Teraca looks up, her eyes hold a touch of surprise before she realizes the gravity of that presumption, “I... It seems that they have been around since the Faeli's taken my daughter... Normally beasts avoid us Arafleur as the trees hide our scent from the wind and they know our kindness. This is... Disconcerting. Pray, if you find the Faeli, when you find them, please make sure that the wolves leave as well.” Teraca looks to the three of you, her eyes pleading.

Odette sighs. Standing up, her quiver lazily leans upon her thick hip, “We've already told you that we'll do what we can. The wolves and your daughter. The problems may be one and the same but we need to find the pr- er, the faeli.” Odette looks to you and Biz, “I say we investigate these wisps at dusk. As for the rest of the day, we could look for the tracks of these wolves, or thespians.”

“Ma'am.” Biz speaks up, “What sort of Faeli are we speaking of? Have you seen him before?”

>>
>>45666415

Yes,” Teraca nods. “He came when my husband returned home. He had apparently saved my husband when he was out collecting wild grasses for remedies and salves. The monster had said that to repay him, my husband was to give him the first thing to greet him when he came home. T'was our daughter that met with him first.” Teraca seems to try recollecting the scene from months past, “I heard him yelling at my husband, yet he smiled when I finally came to see what was happening. It was then that he said he was taking our daughter, and since then she's come home less and less... Right up until the night that she danced with those wisps.”

Odette seems to think about the predicamend, “And the witness recounted hearing the Faeli's laughter that night?”

“Yes.” Teraca says with an exasperated sigh.

>[“Could she have been spirited away?”]
>[“He... smiled at you?”]
>[“How could your husband promise that?]
>[“Can you show us where the wisps were?”]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>45666431
>>
>>45666431
>>
>>45666431
>>[“Can you show us where the wisps were?”]
>>
>>45666431
>>
>>45666431
>>
>>45666431
>[“How could your husband promise that?]
>>
>>45666431
Odette wanted to say "prey" didn't she?
>>
>>45666431
>[“Can you show us where the wisps were?”]
>>
>>45666431

“He... smiled at you?”

Teraca nods, “It was eerie. That animal smiled at me with his scissor-like teeth as though he was glad to see me. His eyes were like that of a Guisi, and he was naked save for the fur and hooves of his lower half.”

Biz seems to think for a moment, smoke coming from is ears from trying too hard until he finally remembers something, “Oh! He must be a Satire!” Biz turns to the two of you with a big dumb grin, “Their folk are Faeli that like to woo young maiden Thespians to bed upon the forest floor. My, little Prescilla must've done it upon rocks, in rivers, against trees-”

“Biz.” Odette snaps on Biz to get him to shut up. The bard looks uncertain as to what he did wrong until Odette's eyes direct him to Teraca. The woman's covered her ears and squeezed her eyes shut.
“I don't think she wants to hear all that.”

“I do.” You say with a fox-like grin as you imagine the exotic locations for lovemaking. Squeezing your eyes shut, you realize that Belinda made you say that. “Oh, nonono. I don't mean... Let's just start the search,” You say, standing up and flicking back your long hair over your shoulders. “I need to get out of here and keep busy before I lose my mind.”

>[ You ask around the village for another other important details...]
-Focus on the girl, Prescilla.
-Focus on Teraca's history.
-Focus on the Faeli and the wolves.

And then...

>[Use yourself as bait come dusk, dance in the woods among the wisps.]
>[Wander the woods in broad daylight, looking for clues or the wolves and faeli themselves.]
>[Listen to the true voices of things... Perhaps ask the trees what they saw?]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>45667174
>>
>>45667174
-Focus on Teraca's history
>>
>>45667174
>>
>>45667174
>>
>>45667174
>>
>>45667174
Depending on what they say
>>
>>45667174
>>
>>45667174
>>
>>45667174
>-Focus on Teraca's history.
>And then...
>>[Use yourself as bait come dusk, dance in the woods among the wisps.]
>>[Listen to the true voices of things... Perhaps ask the trees what they saw?]
>>
>>45667174

You leave Teraca in her home to wait for your inevitable results. Odette and Biz split up, walking over the branch-bridges and visiting the different treetop homes as the folk go about their business, singing to the trees to request their movement and growth, trimming plants that grow happily in sunlit planters, and some collecting old bark for use as charcoal and fire.

The small village, while busy, seems to have its own haze of unease as the abandoned homes loom below like a constant reminder that they're more or less stuck up here. You approach several of the townspeople, inquiring primarily about Teraca and her past, pushing especially hard for details on why a Faeli would smile at her alone.

You're caught by more than one of the residents of this village simply speaking of Teraca as she is now. Pushing the questions often only delving a little into the past few months. Some blame her and her daughter for bringing the wolves, yet wish all the well for the situation to resolve so everyone's lives can be peaceful again. Most of the people here being Arafleur at their core, you're amazed that the people here are so gentle, calm, and kind. It's almost eerie, especially in the way they remind you of yourself; to say, 'neath Belinda's face.

Finally, you run into someone with more to say about Teraca, “Oh, are you one of the strangers come to our little village?” The woman asks with a subtle warmth behind the fatigued smile she wears.

“Yes, I've come about the Faeli enchanting and the wolves.”

“Oh! Solving both of our problems, you are quite a dear.” The woman gently touches your arm and embraces you as you awkwardly navigate yourself into returning the gesture, she kisses your neck gently before letting go, holding onto your hand, to shake it with both of hers, “You are very kind, very. My name is Teri, you are?”
>>
>>45668249

“Beli, Just a simple adventurer. I was wondering if you'd known anything interesting about Teraca. I'd spoken with her butt...” You gently slip your hand out of the woman's grasp, “I feel that others could tell me more.”

“Have they?” Teri perceptively asks, her gentle smile slowly filling with energy at your words.

“Not much I'm afraid. You don't have anything either, I'm guessing?”

Teri thinks for a moment, smiling the entire time. It makes you feel younger just watching her. (“Say Beli, how old are we in your-)

(“Don't ask. Don't ever ask.)” She says with a harsh bite (“Though honestly, I'm not really sure.”)

(“Fair enough, I've no idea my own age.”)

(“None?”)

(“None at all, woke up from the bottom of a well.”)

“I'm sorry? Ate you listening?” Teri asks, peering up at your face from underneath her white hood, standard wear for arafleurs apparently.

“Apologies madame, “You curtsy politely, “I spaced out a touch, can you start from the beginning?”

“No. Short story is, some time ago when Teraca and I were kids, we played with a goat man. I recall a crown of laughing flowers. It was around the time that we both became Arafleur. Used to be friends till she took the man I'd wanted for my husband.” Teri pinches one of your cheeks gently, “I've water to collect and laundry to watch, do keep yourself safe.” Teri departs into her home for daily chores.

As you walk, you see some kids climbing their livingwood houses to collect ripe apples from the tree. Must be how they've been getting food. You notice in a split moment that one of the kids mistepped and slipped from the tree.

>[Intervene.]
>[Let fate run its course.]
>[Close your eyes.]
>[Write in...]
>There may be a more interesting option if you think of your inherent abilities...
>>
>>45668272
>[Intervene.]
I have no clue what you mean with inherent abilities
>>
>>45668272
>[Intervene.]
Seems to correlate to "I Remember, Therefore I Am Kind"
>>
>>45668272
>[Intervene.]
>>
>>45668272
>[Intervene.]
>>
>>45668272
>[Intervene.]
>>
>>45668272
what, like Reaper's shapeshifting? Can we shapeshift one of Beli's scarves to steady the kid's foot?
>>
>>45668272
>[Intervene.]
Use speed to catch the kid?
Or something?
>>
>>45668494
Beli's speed*
>>
>>45668450
maybe it's an ability he forgot to update in the sheet
>>
>>45668450
Along those lines... It involves more-so the faceless...
>>
>>45668912
well you aren't getting much more from me.
>>
>>45668912
I'm drawing blanks
>>
>>45668912
Still here?
>>
>>45669652
>Dran
>not falling asleep
>>
>>45669652
>>45670096

Really sorry for that. had a long day yesterday and an early start today.

Going to have to cut our time short for the evening.... Untill next week and I'll get this post jammed out and them some.

On the aside, I've been wondering:

>Are you happy with the current player economy in faceless?

>Do you want more frequent choices between blocks of texts?

>Would you like a dice system or somesuch and if-so, what kind?
>>
>>45670466
I think you should simply not run for the day if you're not fit.
Because atleast for me having a thread like this is more unsatisfactory than simply waiting a week.
>Are you happy with the current player economy in faceless
I think the amount of choices is good if you include more it's just going to be unnecessary "filler"
I really like the storytelling without dices atleast on our end.
Dices can kinda destroy the story.
>>
>>45670466
>Are you happy with the current player economy in faceless?
What do you mean with this?
Is this the same question as the one below?
>Do you want more frequent choices between blocks of texts?
I like the current one
I don't need them but I wouldn't have a problem if you addded them
>>
>>45670466
There is no need to change anything for me.
Just do what you're most comfortable with
>>
>>45668272

Your body moves before you much have a chance to think, as soon as you see the child fall, you're wreathed in heatless flames and pushing to the very limits of your speed. The wind parts around you and your heart pounds out hard with the blistering force of your desire to save the child.

Even as you leap off of one of the branch-bridges, the child falls faster than you can move and as they begin to pass beneath you, that painful desire reaches out, tightening that string from afar. (“I won't let them die.”) You feel in more voices that two as your head aches in pain at the unfamiliar number.

The wind itself resonates with your flames, molding into an extension of your will as you reach out to the falling arafleur child, the winding flames leaping from your fingers, snatching the child back up into the air.

As you fall, the fire coils back, drawing them into your protective embrace as you both tumble down to the forest below. Once in your arms, again, the shock of the unity backlashes and you're surprised when the string suddenly goes limp, leaving you without the power over wind or transformation.

With a deep breath, you try to focus as the two of you fall, trying to focus on another powerful thought...

Will anything come to you as you fall?

>[End Scene?]
>>
>>45670766
>You feel in more voices that two as your head aches in pain at the unfamiliar number.
That sentence seems wrong
>>
>>45670860
>>You feel in more voices than two as your head aches in pain at the unfamiliar number.
>>
>>45670766
Oh well seems like we already have a connection to more faces for some reason.
Good night Dran
>>
>>45670766
I mean we surely will find some consent on "survive"
Good night.
See you next week
>>
>>45670466
>>Are you happy with the current player economy in faceless?
if you mean "number of players", I'm not too comfortable with you purposely using strategies to change that. Go ahead, pitch on wqdt, but don't put so much effort that you pay less attention to actually writing.
>>Do you want more frequent choices between blocks of texts?
Nah. It's less than what I'm used to, but also fitting for the current format.
>>Would you like a dice system or somesuch and if-so, what kind?
I would say no. You've got a good thing going on now, it would be a shame to try something you don't have full confidence in and fail.

As for, "figure this thing out based on what you know of MC's powers", it's good that you pointed out there WAS something, but as you can see, don't count on it working.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.