[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Oni Quest 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9
File: 1443805248175.jpg (348 KB, 1241x900) Image search: [Google]
1443805248175.jpg
348 KB, 1241x900
Your name is Amy Nakamura, a 17 year old void Oni, and right now you’re talking with a Troll. Capital T, bigger than a fucking truck, Troll. His name is Charles and except for a brief outburst, he’s rather polite. He also just asked you what you are, because apparently to everyone, you smell like an Ogre. You really have no idea how to deal with this, your entire child hood is in shambles. Trolls were always the worst of the fantastical creatures in the world, they’d lie to your face about eating your dog and then they’d proceed to eat your kid. They weren’t supposed to be able to hold a conversation either, or have names, or really be comparable to humanity. This is a whole new experience, a boogeyman from your (and everyone’s) childhood, gone. At least that’s how it appears on the surface, you’re getting weird vibes from him, as if he’s…. Holding himself back? You spare a quick glance Trish and notice that she’s been slowly moving backwards, she must have noticed it as well. The question remains, how are you going to handle the situation? You could always just answer his question and play along, or you could be direct and ask him why a Troll is having a regular conversation.

>Keep the current status-quo and answer his question

>Propose that he has to answer a question first (What?)

>Write-in?
>>
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Urban%20Oni%20Quest

Twitter: @StrikeZone13

Rules: Votes are given a 10-15 minute voting period (This is not a hard time limit), the dice used are 3d10s and the occasional d100 both are best of three. I try to add write-ins to the post if they’re applicable to the situation, shitposting write-ins will be ignored unless they are genuinely funny and can be added. Try to have fun!
>>
>>45663668
>Answer his question, then ask him a question in return (Why is a troll having a regular conversation? Not to sound like a racist, but it's pretty unheard of, at least around here)
>>
>>45663813
Obviously he does not wish to perpetuate the stereotypes surrounding his people, and wishes to be a civilized troll, and his holding back is a worthy and applaudable effort on his part, you racist.
>>
>>45663668
>Keep the current status-quo and answer his question
>>
>>45663813
This. We are pretty new to all this sparkly shit.
>>
Sorry for the delay, I had to figure out how to make dinner from scraps.

Writing
>>
Okay, first things first.

“Charles?”

“Yes luv?”

“This may be an incredibly rude question, but why aren’t you y’know, eating me? Everyone says Trolls aren’t smart enough, or care enough, to actually talk. You’re kind of breaking my perception of reality at the moment.” You see from the corner of your eye Trish going incredibly pale, you just scared the crap out of her, or maybe your brazen attitude did? In any case she looks like she’s only a few seconds away from running. Charles on the other hand is staring incredibly hard at you, almost glaring. His lips were peeling back, revealing his enormous teeth. Then he does something completely unexpected, he laughs. A huge booming belly laugh that you swear you could hear from your house. After a minute of incredibly loud guffaws, he stops and wipes some water from a huge eye.

“Yer perception ain’t wrong luv, most Trolls are tossers and cunts. Only ‘alf of them have brains, an’ the other ‘alf ate theirs. Only reason I ain’t a gibberin moron, is ‘cause I’m older than dirt. I was a whelp when I first set foot on these shores, an that was ‘fore there were 20 states.” Wow, that’s the second “monster” this that’s told you he was old.

“Don’t go muck’n about with other Trolls, they ain’t nothin but bad news. Now yer dodging my question, what are you girly?”

>Tell him the whole truth

>Keep some details out

>Write-in?
>>
>>45664894
>"Oni. It's like a Japanese Ogre."
>>
>>45664894
>Keep some details out
Just stuff like the binding and vulnerabilities.
>>
>>45664932
>>45664919
This is good, dont tell him weaknesses but still be up front about what we are
>>
>>45664919
Japanese gobulin
>>
Looks like bare bones Oni description it is.

Writing.
>>
I'd like to think that when someone asks 'what are you' in casual conversation, they're generally not expecting an hour-long crash course on oni biology, culture and genealogy, complete with diagrams and narration by David Attenborough.

I'd like to. But then again, people are weird.
>>
>>45665233
He ain't, and I'm not writing all that out.
>>
>>45665250
Shit. And here I was hoping for an hour-long crash course on oni biology, culture and genealogy, complete with diagrams and narration by David Attenborough.
>>
>>45665329
"The Oni is a rather marvelous creature indeed. It's prodigious strength is only matched by its propensity towards alcoholism and violence."
>>
File: YuugiSuikaDiagram.png (895 KB, 1695x717) Image search: [Google]
YuugiSuikaDiagram.png
895 KB, 1695x717
>>45665044
We're more of a Yuugi than a Suika.
>>
Alright, this will be the third time you’ve ever told anyone this, you never thought it would be to a Troll though…

“I’m an Oni, it’s kind of like an Ogre with element magic.” You tell him simply, Charles for his part just nods sagely and strokes his chin with a clawed hand.

“So yer one of them nips I ‘eard about in 44. Never met one of you before, neat. Welcome to ‘Ouston, ain’t a lot here ‘cept for fuckin pixies and weird native shit.”

“I’ve lived here for 17 years…” You respond. He blinks, and then you swear you can see a blush on his dark cheeks.

“Uhhh…. Sorry luv, didn mean to make an ass out m’self.” He says rubbing his neck sheepishly. You just shrug it off.

“It’s not a big deal, so, uh…. What are you doing out here? We kind of picked this lot for me to fuck around in because we thought it was abandoned.” You ask him.

“This is my ‘ome, lived down there for the last… 5 years? Give’er take a few. Mountain Trolls like dark places, and I’m not too keen on heights, so here I am.” You just met a Mountain Troll that doesn’t like heights… What is this even?

“I’d invite you in fer tea, but the place is a bit messy at the momen’ so yer gonna have to take a rain check.” He laughs.

“Anyway, you two have a good nigh’, sorry for yellin’ at ya.” And with that said he crawled back into the big hole, which then promptly disappeared.

What?

“This is way too weird… What are we going to do now?” Trish asks. That is a good question, what ARE you two going to do now? The Troll just kind of, pissed off….

>Go back to the house (who’s)

>Go get a bite

>Write in?
>>
>>45665488
What is that from? It's cute
>>
>>45665652
>Go get a bite

>>45665669
I'm fairly certain it's a Touhou thing.
>>
>>45665669
Touhou, it's a serie of games with a massive amount of fan content
>>
>>45665652
>Go get a bite
Always nice to share a meal with a friend.
>>
>>45665652
>Go get a bite
>>
>>45665652
>Go get a bite
We need to sit down and rethink our life choices.

>>45665488
I don't think we've got enough experience under our belt yet to be anything approaching either Suika or Yuugi. And is it strange that, given our circumstances, I can far more easily see us becoming something more like Meiling instead?
>>
>>45665820
>I don't think we've got enough experience under our belt yet to be anything approaching either Suika or Yuugi. And is it strange that, given our circumstances, I can far more easily see us becoming something more like Meiling instead?

What does this mean? I'm curious now
>>
File: SWR_Iku_skill_3.png (483 KB, 646x486) Image search: [Google]
SWR_Iku_skill_3.png
483 KB, 646x486
>>45665820
Considering our element, we're more like a cross between Yuugi and Discofish

>>45665904
Don't do it Strike. This fandom is a hellscape.
>>
Looks like we're getting a bite to eat with Trish.

And maybe re-thinking our life choices.

Writing.
>>
File: mikorobes.jpg (58 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
mikorobes.jpg
58 KB, 500x484
>>45665904
Touhou: Little anime girls based on Japanese myths and legends kick the everloving shit out of each other until The Miko shows up like the fist of an angry god and hammers everyone into the ground like tentpegs.

And then they all have tea.
>>
>>45666045
I was really asking about the two Oni looking characters.
>>
>>45665968
In the sense of being an oni who uses thunder, perhaps, though I recall even her card that was literally called Thunder Sign still used lightning instead of actual thunder. But in terms of characterization, I can see us developing into the loyal, though perhaps somewhat inept, gatekeeper who's often out of her depth far more easily than the hedonistic but wise drunken brawler.
>>
>>45666077
Yeah, they're both from that series.
>>
>>45665904
Alright so a brief overview from the wiki shows that Meiling is a very laid back and well rounded fighter but boasts no special abilities and guards a mansion.

Suika is a childlike oni with the ability to control the density and sparseness. She likes when people are honest but seems to have a streak of mischief.

Yuugi is a very straight to the point oni with the strength to destroy buildings with just a footstep.
>>
>>45666077
Oh, well they look like Oni because they are Oni. The big one with the red horn is Yuugi Hoshiguma, she has a sake dish that improves the quality of any drink poured into it and can punch a mountain in half.

The small one wit two horns is Suika Ibuki, she has a sake gourd that never empties and she can grow to the size of a mountain. And then pick it up and throw it.

Together, they fight sobriety. Thursday nights on HBO, 8/7c.
>>
>>45666121
>>45666150
>>45666173
Thanks, anyway, still writing.
>>
“I have absolutely no idea, I just wanted to show off my powers then some random Troll shows up… Trish, why is my life becoming insane?” Trish just rolls her eyes at you.

“Oh yes, your life as a giant Japanese monster is going crazy. What about your caring and normal best friend’s life? How do you think she feels?”

“I know how she’s going to feel after she buys me dinner.” She just sighs and starts walking to the car. You laugh and then jog for a second to catch up with her. “No but seriously, why is all this stuff happening to me? It just seems like ever since that fight with the faeries all this weird stuff has been happening to me.” Trish furrows her brow and stops walking, then she takes a deep breath and exhales loudly.

“I have no idea, and it’s bothering me. There’s so much you and I don’t know about even though you’re a part of all this fantasy stuff.”

“Yeah, it’s not like TV at all. Where we see the real housewives of the eternal glade.” Trish snorts at your reference to the weirdly popular TV show starring Elves.

(Cont)
>>
>>45666552
“I wonder how much their actually is out there, I mean, we all know wizards and sorcerers exist, but have you ever seen one?” She asks, you shake your head.

“Now that you mention it, I’ve never actually seen real magic before. This is weird.” Trish nods and starts walking again.

“I’m going to look into this…. But not right now, now I need something greasy to take my mind off of the random Troll encounter.” You chuckle and get into the car. You decide that a hamburger is exactly what you both need. You end up eating in a Whataburger, not the fanciest place by any means, but the food is decent.

“So, “ Trish starts with a mouthful of fries, “I think I’m going to try and find a wizard or something online, see if I can’t talk to them about all this crazy bullshit.”

>You really think you can find a real Wizard?

>What would a human know about all of this?

> ….You just want to learn magic don’t you.

>Write-in?
>>
>>45666571
>>
>>45666552
I now want to know what this world's version of the Kardashians is. That or Jersey Shore, what mythical creatures are orange and like to drink a stupid large amount?
>>
>>45666607
Fire Oni?
>>
>>45666571
>You just want to learn magic don't you?
>>
>>45666590
This and also wasn't there something about how being bound to someone "helped" them in some way besides getting a bodyguard that could bench a car? Not suggesting we bind to Trish, just legitimately curious or if its something we just don't know yet.
>>
>>45666607
Unfortunately the Jersey Shore still exists, they just added a token Orc
>>
>>45666571

>>45666607
Strangely enough, I can't actually think of any mythical creatures that are specifically orange. Red, yes, but none that are actually orange.
>>
>>45666790
Rakshasa maybe?
>>
>>45666836
Do they even drink? or do they just cackle manically.
>>
Writing

Where is everybody?
>>
>>45666732
Honestly the risk of getting bound is a pretty serious reason to consider binding with Trish, at least for now.
>>
>>45666877
They probably drink wine. Or human blood.
>>
>>45666914
Enjoying a nice little dish of nachos that's what. Banished Quest is running right now so maybe some are there.
>>
>>45667071
I don't get that, I always have multiple quests open.
>>
>>45666914
I was asleep, just stumbled onto here. Been enjoying reading this on archive so far!
>>
>>45667099
'Preciate it anon
>>
>>45667094
Same, but I've heard that as the excuse before.
>>
>>45666914

I'm here.
>>
Does she really think she can just find a wizard on the Internet? Trish maybe more out of touch with reality than you previously thought.

“Do really think you can find a Wizard through the internet? It’s not like the real ones advertise.” The fake ones do, advertising themselves in the phone-book to rip off the Dresden Files. Trish finishes eating her fries and looks you straight in the eyes.

“Amy, there is nothing anyone can hide from me on the internet, nothing.”

“Now you just need to pet your cat and twirl your mustache like a Bond villain.” You tell her with a straight face. She just huffs and crosses her arms.

“Amy, just trust me, I’ll do it and then we can both get some more answers.” You nod along with her, if she says she can, she can. Trish doesn’t lie very often, but she may not be entirely truthful about her intentions…

“You just want to learn magic don’t you?” You ask her, with a shit eating grin on your face. She responds by blushing and stuttering in pure rage. “I’m just messing with you calm down.” You say patting her on the shoulder. She stops stuttering and closes her eyes.

“Yes, I want to learn magic.” She tells you in quite possibly the most serious voice you’ve ever heard from her.

>What do you say?
>>
>>45667309
>Be careful, alright? I doubt anyone will just give you handouts for free.
>>
>>45667309
>What do you say?
"Magic huh? Well, guess I can try to help or something since you sound pretty serious. After all, void oni are the magic oni!"
>>
>>45667309
Eh, at least it'll get you away from the computer more.
>>
>>45667517
You have no idea how human magic works, you're not human. Oni are weird
>>
>>45667532
>implying she isn't going to become a technomancer and use multi-thread processing to perform multi-thread shitposting
>>
>>45667309
>>45667373
Sure, backing.
>>
>>45667309
Will she have to do Japanese magic with the hopping on one foot and shouting YOOOOO
>>
Alrighty, writing
>>
>>45667309
Just get a gun geez

How's the second amendment holding up in your setting ST?
>>
>>45667710
>ST
SZ*
fuk im dum
>>
>>45667710
Stronger than ever do to literal monster that can eat you, which led to gun control problems, which led to the left and right actually agreeing on some enforced gun control, making it harder to get guns illegally from gun shows etc.

THANKS OBAMA
>>
Just came after reading through the archives, didn't see the question asked already so...

Choosing Thunder was just the first power tree we opened, right? And not the only?

On a similar note, how does the Bond work mechanically? Are we limited on how far up the tree we can go and/or how many types of powers we can unlock? Or does it still allow growth, just slowing it down to a crawl, if even that?
>>
You inhale deeply, and then exhale slowly.

“Be careful, alright? I doubt anyone will just give you handouts for free. Just because you find someone doesn’t mean they’ll teach you anything.” Trish gets a weird look on her face, like she’s actually happy.

“I’m not you dumbass, I know better than to expect anything. I was just worried you’d try to stop me after that witch thing.” You rub your forehead, you’ve honestly tried to forget about the witch incident, you still have nightmares sometimes.

“Have you really put thought into this? I mean you have no idea what magic even entails or if you’ll ever be able to find a teacher.” Trish nods solemnly.

“Of course I have, ever since you saved me I’ve been trying to figure out how to pay it back. After hearing about the faerie thing and that faggot binding you, I realized that this shit is all over the place. I don’t want you handling it alone, I want to be able to help you. What if that Troll attacked us tonight? I wouldn’t have been able to do anything about it. Knowing you, you’ll find a way to get into a fight with some sort dragon, and I want to be there with you. You’re my best friend, I don’t want to keep on being useless to you.”

Wow you’ve never heard her be that serious before, Trish is usually complaining or joking or making fun of stuff.

This is kinda heavy

>What do/say?

(Sorry for all the write-ins, but this is something I want you guys to control)
>>
>>45668012
Alright, just know that I always got your back okay? Through thick and thin. Just try to be more careful than me.
>>
>>45668012
Isn't she our only friend? Tell her that, also tell her to buy a gun learn how to use it, that'll be more useful in the short term than googling how to wizard.
>>
>>45668012
>You're not useless, Trish. There's so much that you can do that I can't. Whenever I'm in trouble, you're always the first one I know I can rely on.
>So I'm not going to stop you if this is really something you want to do. Just know that you don't have to change yourself for my sake, and that you can rely on me too, when you need to.
>>
>>45668005
The other power trees aren't locked.

As far as the Bond goes, it's an EXP multiplier it lets you get there FASTER and that's it.

>>45668186
She ain't old enough to own a gun man.
>>
>>45668012
>What do?
Hug Trish and give her a friendly noogie.

>What say?
"Gah! I love that you wanna help but getting all serious is weird! Still... until then I guess I gotta protect you till you can return the favor."
>>
>>45668222
Come to think of it, we didn't ask Kondo what limitations the Bond has, did we? Can we only be Bonded to humans?
>>
>>45668266
>Can we only be Bonded to humans?

Oni were originally bonded to the greater Kami
>>
>>45668189
I like this one.
>>
So I think we need to clarify something

>Hug her

>Don't be a hugslooot
>>
>>45668373
Firm clasp on the shoulder
>>
>>45668012
>>45668189
Backing this>>45668222
>The other power trees aren't locked.
>As far as the Bond goes, it's an EXP multiplier it lets you get there FASTER and that's it.
Thank you

>>45668373
Just a one-armed one. Macho hug.
>>
>>45668373
No hugs just yet. We can hug right after we've said what we want to say, but not before.
>>
>>45668391
A reasonable compromise I feel.
>>
>>45668429
Whoops, messed up the lines. The "Backing" is referring to the post link above it, not the one following it.
>>
>>45668373
>Hug her
>>
>>45668284
Can an oni bond another oni?

Can two oni bond each other?
>>
>>45668373
>Hug her
>>
>>45668440
>Contains no form of hug
>Reasonable compromise
Hugs or death.
>>
>>45668480
They cannot, and I'm going to close this vote now before crazy shit starts.
>>
>>45668539
>2 for shoulder clasp
>1 for man-hug
>2 for hugs
>1 for hug after
>>
>>45668429
One armed hug was the idea, since also noogie.
>>
File: herewego.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
herewego.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
>>45668562
Compromises hoooooooooo!
>>
hey dudes, whatchu listening to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU&list=PL9B8C3559EE36372A&index=250
>>
>>45668849
listen to this, faglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9thvHDskYvA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-XhQeFzW4&index=8&list=RDMMlvMhyO51Jv0
>>
File: 1427087376400.jpg (107 KB, 551x600) Image search: [Google]
1427087376400.jpg
107 KB, 551x600
>>45668891
Oh dear.
>>
>>45668945
It's just my playlist anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ&index=9&list=RDMMlvMhyO51Jv0
>>
File: Mah brother of ethnic origins.jpg (270 KB, 573x1941) Image search: [Google]
Mah brother of ethnic origins.jpg
270 KB, 573x1941
>>45668891
I frikin love it man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_wKk3RIsv8

Along with a mix of HDSoundi's stuff.
>>
>>45669063
Bretty chill, always wanted to play that game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ic0OdGxaTA
>>
File: 450.jpg (35 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
450.jpg
35 KB, 225x350
>>45669053
>>
>>45669136
Think of it more as a cinema experience than a game, pretty awesome fight scenes and a simple but well put together story in my mind.
>>
>>45669136
I never played, watched Cryaotic do an LP of it on Youtube. He said it felt like the game part was filler, but the story was fucking epic and worth it.

I agreed with that.
>>
You reach over the table and grab her shoulder.

“You're not useless, Trish. There's so much that you can do that I can't. Whenever I'm in trouble, you're always the first one I know I can rely on.” You tell her as you look her in the eye, here serious demeanor abating somewhat.

“But I-“

“So I'm not going to stop you if this is really something you want to do. Just know that you don't have to change yourself for my sake, and that you can rely on me too, when you need to.” Trish looks at you for a minute, staring straight into your eyes. Then she does something unexpected, a theme for tonight. She leans over the table and hugs you, really really tightly. Dear Lord she hugs as tight as her mom, who knew hugging genes transferred so easily?

“I don’t deserve a friend like you….” She says after a minute or two. As she lets you go, you quickly move over to her side of the table and wrap her in a one armed hug. You then proceed to mercilessly noogie her.

“Quit stealing my lines hobbit.” She struggles ineffectually for a moment, then just gives up and takes it.

“That’s rascist, to uh, short people.” You snort and let her go. You then both realize that what you just did was incredibly awkward and in public. You quickly eat the rest of your food and hurry out the door.

(cont. sorry for the wait, 4chan kept eating my post)
>>
>>45669498
Back in the safety of the car, you and Trish get back to the serious conversation at hand.

“So you really think you can find a wizard to talk to about this?”

“I already told you I could, why are we bringing this up again?”

“Because despite what you told me, I’m worried you’re going to do something dumb.” She just chuckles at your accusation.

“I’m just going to look it up online, nothing dangerous. But if I find anything I’ll let you know tomorrow.” You nod, just now realizing you were already home. When did that happen?

“Alright, sounds good to me. Take it easy Trish.” She smiles another genuine smile as you climb out of the car.

“Don’t worry about me, see you soon.”

As she drives away you get a weird feeling in your chest, talking to her like that felt really good, you never knew that she felt like that. Helping her work through some of it felt nice. Now the only thing you had to do this weekend was fix the yard for your dad and follow up on any leads Trish finds.

This weekend was promising to be a not shitty one.
>>
And that's it, thanks to every body for coming and participating. The write-ins were great tonight.

Sorry for the short thread but that seemed to be the logical place to leave on. I should be able to run again on Monday, Friday for sure.

The Archive and my Twitter are in the second post.

Have a good night, I'll be sticking around till the thread's gone to answer questions, receive criticism or shot the shit.
>>
>>45669616
Thanks for running.
>>
>>45669616
Bind to Trish when?
>>
>>45669638
Whenever you guys vote on it.
>>
>>45669616
>or shot the shit.

My god, my horrible grammar is bleeding over into regular posts.
>>
>>45669638
I'd say we should have another chat and mention it then.
>>
>>45669755
does binding do anything for the person doing the binding? anything other giving them an oni protector that is
>>
>>45669616
Thanks for running!
>>
>>45670145
I can't really say anything, if it hasn't been said by someone telling you, then you don't know.
>>
>>45669634
>>45670182
Thanks for reading/participating anons
>>
>>45669772
How much can Amy lift in oni and human form?
>>
>>45670230
In human form she can bench around 400 ish pounds, more if she actually tries. Her squat record is closer to 500.

In oni form she could easily bench a car
>>
>>45670276
So a training montage in Oni form is like watching Mr.Iincredible get back into shape? I love it.
>>
>>45670680
But with more Disturbed, best band I know to get pumped while working out.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.