[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you'll never get to play one of your favorite systems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: cucumber.png (428 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
cucumber.png
428 KB, 528x960
>tfw you'll never get to play one of your favorite systems because you'll never find enough people interested
A whole bunch of you just had a specific system come to mind. Tell us what it is.
Most obscure system wins!
>>
>>45659194
Jokes on you! I have two active GURPS games!
>>
>>45659194
Jokes on you, I have four active Fantasy Craft games!
>>
My current group and I are playing a Palladium game. It's my first palladium run and holy shit the rules are so simple and intuitive. I wish it was more popular.

And no... not Rifts.
>>
Not a system, exactly, but a setting (although it does have a system attached that's meh). Degenesis.
>>
>>45659194
Mouseguard. Ghost Lines. Nechronica.
>>
Legend of the Five Rings.
>>
DragonMech.
>>
>>45659194
Jokes on you, I have a weekly D&D4e game !
>>
Call of Cthulhu
>>
>>45659194
Dreamraiders. Holy fuck I wish I could find a group for it. Also, Fantasy Craft, 13th Age, Burning Wheel, Dungeons The Dragoning, 7th Sea

>>45659228
>four active Fantasy Craft games!
All of my envy.
>>
>>45659627
>D&D4e
>favorite
Why don't you just play warhammer fantasy strategy?
>>
>>45659694
Because I can play 4e
>>
File: plebs.jpg (41 KB, 600x693) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
41 KB, 600x693
>>45659627
>D&D4e
>>
>>45659194
Burning Wheel
>>
File: disgust dr who.jpg (10 KB, 283x267) Image search: [Google]
disgust dr who.jpg
10 KB, 283x267
>>45659194
Fallout. Or 'All Flesh Must Be Eaten'. Or any survival-type system/setting for that matter...

>MFW group complains they don't want to have to keep track of ammo/food/water/fuel in any system we play and DM nods his head. Every. Single. Time.
>>
i want to play Twilight 2000 badly
>>
File: george-takei-oh-my.png (87 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
george-takei-oh-my.png
87 KB, 250x250
>>45659194
Nobody?
Not even a little?
Fine...

FATAL!
I honestly want to play a serious game of FATAL. As in a normal, non-magical realmy, romp in fantasy land with no rape or sick shit. Just a bunch of guys getting together on a weekend, rolling for anal circumference, and attempting to play it straight faced and react realistically to all the rape and sick shit that happens, if and when it comes up from the mechanics.

I've never managed to get past character creation. My autism isn't strong enough. I've tried to train my autism by visiting furaffinity and /mlp/ but it only seems to have a marginal effect.
>>
>>45659954
>I've tried to train my autism by visiting furaffinity and /mlp/

There's a difference between chemo-therapy and playing inside reactor number 4 at Chernobyl.
>>
>>45659757
Question, do you play online or IRL?
>>
my biggest problem is that there's too many games I wanna run but I've only got one group and I can't start a new game without killing one of my current ones, which is something I already have a problem with.
>>
>>45660169
Have played some IRL, was a long time ago though

I've looked into online but haven't found a compatible group just yet.

You got a campaign going?
>>
>>45659194
numenera
>>
>>45659235
I want to play a full Palladium game but the only one who can run it, doesn't want to and the other two think it's overly complex.
>>
>>45660049
No I don't think there is.
>>
>>45659194
Legend.
>>
>>45659194
Gammaworld.
>>
>>45660222
Yeah, how do you feel about macguffin hunting?
>>
Twilight 2013
>>
>>45659194
Stalker: The scifi RPG
>>
>>45659951
Hey anon,

I'll GM a Twilight 2000/2013 game if you want in. Give me your skype or Steam Name.
>>
>>45660699
I'd be a player in a gammaworld game if you're interested?
>>
>>45660735
Haha, pretty much anything goes for me. MacGuffin hunting is always a good time.

What online service do you use? It's been way too long since I've been in a game. Might even have to dust of my books.
>>
Eclipse Phase... :(
>>
>>45660818
We're currently using Roll20 and Skype. Pm me at greyhuge.
>>
File: asmn.jpg (140 KB, 800x908) Image search: [Google]
asmn.jpg
140 KB, 800x908
>>45660669
my nigga.
>>
>>45659194

>tfw no Dead Inside game

Feelsbadman
>>
>tfw no los magos del tiempo to play in
>>
>>45659194
unknown armies, maybe the eventual new edition will kick up some interest.
>>
>>45659670

13th age is shit, though. Like diluted, pure, refined diarrhea.
>>
>>45659194
Sword Path Glory
>>
>>45659954
>FATAL
>I honestly want to play a serious game of FATAL.

1- Get dwarf fortress
2- Mod the hell out of it to add the fatal stuff
3-???
4-profit

this is the closest thing from a sane version of "playing fatal"
>>
>>45659194
I'd love to run in a game that's super crunchy with lots of ability to customize. Anything that fits those specifications.

I never will, however, since my girlfriend runs L5R and has for about a year now, and that's really all the gaming I have time for. She's super narrative driven, there has been sessions we've only rolled dice a few times and never drawn weapons. Her games are fantastic, don't get me wrong, it's just...

...you know, sometimes I dream about crit tables and point based character creation, and wake up all hot and bothered, too.
>>
>>45661468
You meant UNdiluted.
>>
This is how I feel about Promethean.
>>
Eclipse Phase, bloody temptress
>>
>>45660591
I learned on Pathfinder and ported over to Palladium incredibly easy. Sometimes I still second-guess myself on what to roll in PF combat but it's really intuitive in Palladium
>>
File: Pendragon-chaosium.jpg (278 KB, 1165x1526) Image search: [Google]
Pendragon-chaosium.jpg
278 KB, 1165x1526
BRP-based systems (other than CoC) in general, and Pendragon in particular.
I've skimmed over some of their basic rules and would like to try them for myself, and Pendragon seems to have a lot of unique and intriguing mechanics, but alas my posts in the gamefinder threads have not born fruit yet.
>>
>>45659954
The problem with FATAL is that you can't just go "I can put up with the X and just laugh it off" or even "I can put up with the X and Y" like you can with other infamously bad systems. There are like 5 entirely distinct things about it that would each place it in the running for worst RPG ever. I've never heard of anyone getting much further than chargen. I think it's the closest a finished system can come to "literally unplayable."
>>
>>45659194
Anima.
It's so cool, but I may never actually get a chance to play
>>
>>45662735
It's not a finished system by any definition of the word. There are entire parts missing (And some that are only in the vaporous second book) and huge, mutually exclusive contradictions in how to actually make characters and play the game.
>>
>>45659194

Continuum.
>>
Paranoia. Even got the players to play a mock version. They enjoyed it alright but not enough to read the damn book.
>>
>>45661529
My Uni group got together and created two FATAL characters and pit them against each other.
I'm afraid that's the extent of what you can do with that fucking mess.

Just regular "I attack" combat is a clusterfuck, I couldn't imagine trying to run a campaign with it.
>>
File: 1455254808484.png (33 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1455254808484.png
33 KB, 557x605
>>45659194
Shadow of the Demon Lord, because lord knows this is the closest to actually competent FATAL without the retarded 1,000+ page rules and simple to understand mechanics.
thank you based Schawlb.
>>
>>45659235
Really wanna play Call of Cthulhu, or GM it for my friends. But well now I have a D&D campaign about to start so I'm boned
>>
>>45659194
I have a group for it I've been running with for more than a year now, but ill post anyway.

PTU. Lot of fun, but apparently playing pretend pokemon is too childish in comparison to pretend wizards and warriors for this board.
>>
>>45659194
Dresden Files. (runs on FATE v1)
>>
Roller Coaster Tycoon RPG system.

To be fair we played a full game with it but I've wanted to run it myself and no one will ever want to play it.
>>
>>45659194
WOD is not obscure but I am having that problem right now.
>>
>>45660591
Anyone have palladium pdf?
>>
>>45659826
If you're trying to play Fallout PNP, nobody will join you because it's complete shit.
>>
>>45661357
This.

But I really, really wanna play Noumenon. I don't have anything close to a good enough group though
>>
>>45659826
Tracking ammo/food/water/fuel is an absolute waste of time unless lacking those things is meant to be the main conflict. Running out of beef jerky right before confronting the Lich Lord of Thranx is just an anticlimax.
>>
>>45666564
Tracking ammo is okay since it can force players to get creative with how they approach combat. It spurs improv and encourages them to find peaceful solutions.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.