[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A wizard has mistakedly cast a spell on your party and they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: goliath.jpg (36 KB, 409x437) Image search: [Google]
goliath.jpg
36 KB, 409x437
A wizard has mistakedly cast a spell on your party and they're now 10 times bigger until he finds a way to revert the spell.
>>
>>45643832
>already was a 20 foot tall war machine of a war forged after upgrades

Welp, goodbye, dragons.
>>
Gonna be a bit /b/ here but... Visit a whorehouse.
>>
Thank the wizard, and start punching giants.
>>
>A wizard has mistakenly cast a spell on your party and they're now 10 times bigger
>but 10 times small down there
>>
>>45643832
I accidentally did that to myself once, so I already know how to bleed off the excess energies.

Dunno what my wife will do, though.
>>
>>45643832
>until he finds a way to revert the spell.

I kill the wizard
>>
Learn how to kill bandits via belly flopping.
>>
>6' 2" Human Male Druid
>Everyone else in the party is either handling or dwarf
I laugh, and then turn into a 80' tall gorilla.
>>
File: Ek6jgeF.png (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Ek6jgeF.png
24 KB, 200x200
>>45644107
>but 10 times small down there
You mean one-tenth as large.
>>
did my equipment grow with me or am i now naked?
>>
My character is now a giant halfling
>>
>>45643832
considering our rogue recently contracted lycanthropy, this can only end in mayhem if either we haven't removed the curse or the wizard gets his shit together.
Where are we going to find enough silver to make the bindings to hold down a 50-foot tall, sleep-immune(Half-Elf) werewolf on the night of the full moon?!
>>
>>45644759
You don't. You let him free. He shall wreak beautiful havoc on the full moon. All the while picking pockets and lockets.
>>
>>45644925
Oh I plan on it. If only because I want to see what happens and catalog it. Strictly for arcane research purposes of course, and totally not to figure out if I would like to be "afflicted" with it myself. That's something that people with a chaotic, incredibly evil bent would do. Not someone with a chaotic, only-slightly-evil bent.
Even if the thought of a werewolf slapping things with metamagicked eldritch blasts each turn makes me giddy.
>>
>>45645063
If a giant werewolf bites you and you (somehow) survive, do you become a giant werewolf?
>>
>>45645275
I hadn't thought of that...
Adding THAT to the list of hypotheses.
>>
>>45645275
This is nearly DF levels of weird. Why is this werewolf giant? Was it just some kind of giant that got bit by a werewolf? Was it a giant wolf that became a werewolf?
>>
>>45646100
Going by the reply chain, it's a werewolf that got enlarged. So the question becomes, does the enlarge piggyback on the lycanthropy curse itself or not. If so, then de-enlarging the werewolf might not reduce the victim of the werewolf, because HUGEWOLF would be the base beast-state.
If it doesn't piggyback, then the victim will just be a plain ole werewolf.
>>
>>45643832
I am now an intelligent Giant Crab! I was already going to have the party Wizard do this to me later, but now I can take over the world, so long as no one finds out about my weakspot being exposed whenever I'm flipped on my back.
>>
>>45646392
I'm going to hit your weak spot for massive damage, Giant Enemy Crab!
>>
>>45643832
We all starve to death because there's not enough food in the kingdom to feed us
>>
>>45646530
>not eating cattle as snacks
>not eating crops whole as if you've just picked tasty grass from the ground
>not tackling giant beasts and roasting their meat in sweet sweet forest fire
>not enlarging food the same way the mage did to you so you can feast on giant steak and ale

You'd be a lame giant to hang out with.
>>
We are (probably) slightly embarrassed about the whole thing, and just want to continue serving our respective clans.

On the plus side, I'll likely switch from functioning to recovering alcoholic.
>>
Well fuck my friend who was a dragon with a +11 size modifier is now 2 fucking miles tall.
>>
>>45646696
most of those might satisfy one giant for a day, but after a couple months of 4+ giants, the lands would be ravaged, and all humans eaten.
>>
>>45643832
punch the DM for inserting his fetishes
>>
>>45643832
We're gonna have a hard time hiding from that drug lord if we're sixty feet tall. Though on the bright side, we can probably just squash him like a bug.
>>
>>45643832
Try to figure out whether having my skeletal system shatter or having my lungs collapse will kill us first.

The square-cube law is a real bastard.
>>
>>45643832
I am now an 18 meters tall monk.
My punches can destroy citties.
Finally i got the power i wanted.

Now i have to work out what kind of woman i can marry since besides dragons and giants i think only celestials can now take the D from me.
Welp time to find an angel waifu.
>>
>>45648741
What is the spell Goodberry.
Level one spellslot that summons either 5 or 10 Don't remember berries that do minor healing and satisfy hunger for a day.
So assuming you eat 10x more than one or two casts would feed an individual. Basically any party with a caster can easily deal with hunger normally and as giants one caster can feed them all above level 4 or so.
>>
My barbarian is now a huge, muscular, 20m tall god of war. He'll love it.
Time to get a harem of giantesses.
>>
File: 1455487153011.jpg (153 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1455487153011.jpg
153 KB, 720x960
>>45643832
>10 times more justice
>imokaywiththis.png
Alternatively,
>iwillneedabiggerlance.png
The kobold would freak the fuck out, though.
>>
File: Ant Kuuga.jpg (46 KB, 970x506) Image search: [Google]
Ant Kuuga.jpg
46 KB, 970x506
Im cool
>>
>>45643832
I gotta go find some Giant ladies, maybe retire my Barbarian for good.
>>
I begin to sweat profusely as the DM has just entered my magical realm
>>
File: BDC.jpg (123 KB, 636x896) Image search: [Google]
BDC.jpg
123 KB, 636x896
>>45651702
>bigger lance
>pic
l-lewd
>>
Well, I was playing a 20cm tall pixie before.

Presumably I laugh at all the other people who can't enter buildings any more?
>>
>>45643832
>ten times nigger
srsly OP?
>>
File: rx-78-2.jpg (277 KB, 799x1005) Image search: [Google]
rx-78-2.jpg
277 KB, 799x1005
>>45650469
>18 meters
thou art a gundam
>>
>>45648741
Assuming a direct proportion of size and food eaten, 5 giants eat roughly what 50 people. If a country doesn't have enough food to feed 45 extra people, then they were pretty much fucked up. Shit, even if they ate the equivalent of 500 people it's not different from having an extra small town. Prefectly manageable.
>>
>>45643832
>mfw I become a 60+ft tall chunk of warcasting muscle.

No that's ok. I'll just live out my giant fetish.
>>
>>45652717
Five thousand. The square-cube law takes no prisoners.
>>
>>45643832
>revert the spell
why the hell would they?
>>
File: 1399767253970.jpg (638 KB, 1020x1200) Image search: [Google]
1399767253970.jpg
638 KB, 1020x1200
>realize I am in that guy's magical realm

I make the best of my situation and go on a rape and pillage spree
>>
My druid enlarges the magic sword he's been carrying, then shapeshifts into a giant wolf, wielding the sword in his mouth.
>>
File: 1431317222104.jpg (94 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
1431317222104.jpg
94 KB, 600x846
>The wizard has managed to find a way to revert the spell, but he only has enough materials to cast it on one of you.
>He will do it no matter if you want it or not, but he let's you choose who will be normalized first
>The rest of the party must wait another week at their current size until he can cast the counter-spell again.

Who do you choose to be normalized first and why?
>>
>>45654911
Clearly our wizard, he may be a giant gnome with a license to kill, but his HP is still in the toilet.
>>
>>45654911
The member with the highest charisma.
Most people will be scared shitless of five or so giants running around, but if we can convince them that we've been cursed, we may be able to get them to help the good wizard in curing us.
>>
I never know how this sort of thing works within the rules. I remember the old 3.5 Rod of Wonder shrank you to like, 1/4 your size. No duration, no size category recategorization, no stay changes, no rules saying what that means.

My gnome ends up being a tiny weird flying thing that at in the rogue's pocket (highest AC) and threw spells out of it.
>>
File: [SEVERE CONTEMPT].gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
[SEVERE CONTEMPT].gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>45643832
>mistakedly
>>
>>45654911
The Halfling Bard. Either one of the dwarf paladins may be an option, but both dickass now-giant soon-to-be-werewolf rogue and I(dickass hyperdurable Sorcerer/Warlock) don't trust those two. And if it turns out that rogue or one of the paladins actually IS cursed, we'll need all the muscle we can have on hand to keep them restrained until morning.
>>
I've really been wanting to run a game where leveling increases your physical size, so that legendary wizards are towering and imposing and great warriors crush cities underfoot. Not sure how it in what system, though.
>>
>>45643832
Our Inquisitor would probably call for Exterminatus...
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.