[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 would give their lives to protect you, the others will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: 4856845685.jpg (977 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
4856845685.jpg
977 KB, 1200x1200
>2 would give their lives to protect you, the others will do anything to kill you

Which 2 do you choose as your protectors? They are loyal and they hang out with you. You start out at home with your protectors. Whether you stay there or scram and go into hiding is up to you.

Is there an objectively right answer?
>>
I'd go with T1000 and predator, they cover each other's weaknesses pretty good. Really they're the biggest threats on the board when you think about it.
>>
Is this Episode 2 Grievous with the crushed lungs or cartoon Grievous with four lightsabers and the skill to fight off like 6 space wizards at once?
>>
>>45612725
Pic says he only has two lightsabers.
>>
>>45612688
Every time this thread is made it's pointed out that the Slashers and the Winter Soldier are too dangerous not to take since they can't be defended against properly but they also suck at actually protecting you.
>>
>>45612751
I dunno, the Slashers would be able to instantly appear behind anyone who tried to kill you, seconds before they do it.
>>
>>45612770
And whoever is trying to kill you would be obligated to turn around and confront them.
>>
>>45612713
This... The two can also be rather unintrusive in their protection roles. T-1000 can pose as anything or anyone. Predator can cloak
>>
>Golden army soldiers

They're industrible, how is this a contest?
>>
>>45612770
True, but a machete and a kitchen knife ain't doing shit to a T1000.
>>
>>45612789
If you kill Nuada they shut down.
>>
>>45612688
Let's change this up to make it interesting for once.

>1 would give their life to protect you and you get the powers, skills, and abilities of one more. The rest will do anything to kill you.

Slashers are no longer a choice. If the character has a non-base human form you can shift between your own form and theirs.
>>
So picking nuada gets me a total of 4 bodyguards? 2 of which are industrible?
>>
>>45612774
But they'd only be able to teleport a finite number of times, at which point they've been seen by the audience and are mortal, right? Horror tropes say these guys will never take out the last member of an ensemble, and they have six to fight.

>>45612713
T1000 loses to acid, based on the terrible terrible Genisys. Dude has to fight aliens with his bare knife-hands.

I'd pick Nuada, since his soldiers are literally industrible,
>>
>>45612688
Remove Slashers. They ruin the whole contest.
>>
>>45612822
Which is why I chose the predator for my second bodyguard. Preds know how to fight xenomorphs. Pred handles the xenomorphs, him and T1000 handle everything else.
>>
>>45612789
>>45612819
>>45612822

They cannot be destroyed, but they can still get fucked up pretty easily.
>>
>>45612789
it doesn't matter how indestructible they are when you get shot in the head by one of your hunters
>>
>>45612822
>Dude has to fight aliens with his bare knife-hands.
Not if he has a gun, which he did make use of in the movie. It's not like Sarah Conner got shot by nothing in that chase scene.
>>
>Grievous
Incredibly capable as both killer and protector
>T-1000
Same as Grievous but with a different skill set
>Predator
Much better at being a killer than a protector
>Slasher Duo
Useless protectors due to being fucking slow and killers being able to just easily walk around them to get to you but horror tropes make them extremely dangerous killers
>Lizard
Physically strongest of them, able to easily toss cars. Extremely durable with regen factor on par with Wolverine's. Brilliant scientist.
>Aliens
Meh
>Winter Soldier
the best thing about him in this scenario is the huge arsenal he comes with
>Nuada
Fantastic fighter with two near indestructible golems but he's a glass cannon who goes down after taking a bullet

I choose T-1000 and WS. WS only so T-1000 can use the arsenal. T-1000 is probably a near perfect shot, doesn't have to eat or sleep and his sensors can detect the Predator and generally see in the dark. He can also take the shape of furniture or the floor in order to ambush attackers or look like me as a decoy. And he's also difficult to destroy.
>>
>>45612688
Nuada is the only one I actually would want to hang out with. Bringing 2 indestructible badasses is a solid upside.

Probably T-1000 for versatility and indestructibility.
>>
>>45612863
They can also break off pieces of themselves and use those pieces as throwing weapons. Though obviously this is not a tactic that would see repeated use against xenomorphs.
>>
>>45612688
I pick slasher duo and winter soldier. Winter Solider is really really good at what he does and I bet on him against any of the others if he has intel. Also slashers is 2 for one deal.

Assuming I am able to fill them in on the competition it should work out alright.

T-1000 is probably the best pick though.

I mainly just really wanna stratagize with Jason, Michael, and Winter Soldier.
>>
>>45612872

I dunno, I think you are underselling Winter Soldier. He's easily a match for cap in a fight and augmented. I'd personally put him above the Predator, at least if it's a Movie Predator, not Books Predator (As they got kinda silly in places)
>>
>>45612688
No brainer. T-1000 and Lizard are the objectively right answer. Both are highly intelligent regenerators almost impossible to stop or deal with. Lizard can also scout using tiny geckos and so forth.
>>
People who don't choose Slashers WILL die. The horror movie clichés ensure that.
>>
>>45612921
Nah mate this is /tg/ and virgins always survive.
>>
>>45612852
And then magically reform in a matter of moments good as new.
>>
>>45612921
Nope, so long as I don't have sex or be a black guy I will live.
>>
>>45612688
The problem is that you can't not take the slashers or you're already dead, so really you only get one choice
>>
>>45612936
>>45612943

You'll never win either. Can't kill the Slashers.
>>
>>45612945
Tropes only make them have unreasonable and/or unrealistic opportunities to kill you, such as for them convenient power outages, not to actually succeed. You and your protectors still play a role. They are the easiest to kill but they will always come back and show up in a totally unexpected manner. That would probably be pretty stressful but not necessarily deadly.
>>
>>45612688
Essentially any answer has to include the slasher duo. . .if you don't have them you will die to trope.
Other then that T1000. . . Unless grievous has access to space faring vehicle preferable w/ hyperspace capability and/or droids. . .cuz ships n droids are both proper tactical tech, just need strategy then.
>>
I saw Amazing Spider-Man 1 and Lizard is fucking powerful. I'd pick him and Predator.
>>
File: xeno.jpg (41 KB, 400x654) Image search: [Google]
xeno.jpg
41 KB, 400x654
>>45612688

>>T-1000
Is pretty much immune to conventional weapons, and I don't want a shapeshifter trying to kill me. He's a solid counter to ws, nuada, lizard, and slashers, and should be able to handle predator and grievous with a little creativity.

>>aliens
I-I just think they're sexy, that's all.
>>
>>45612943
Only until the sequel when you're murdered in the cold opener, and then a new group of sexier, younger people are being hunted down.
>>
>>45613195
Yeah but none of them had a T-1000 to protect them.
>>
>>45613195
>>45612943
Or just in an after-credits scene. And then something like "5 months later...", and then we see someone else finding the OP picture on your computer after buying it at an estate sale, kicking off another cycle.
>>
>>45613224
>Ah, let's enjoy this mild October 31st at my weekend house at Crystal Lake and browse /tg/ a bit. Oh, what's this? Choose 2 protectors? How interesting... *cut to black with typical horror movie chord strike and erratic creepy violin music*
>>
You only have to survive long enough against the slashers until your series gets rebooted and you're too old/unattractive to be cast in the reboot.
T-1000 and Lizard I think, they have the regeneration to keep fighting for years.
>>
>>45613331
Both go down against lightsabers and probably also acid and plasma shots.
>>
>>45612958
But a lot of the others can at least disable them for long periods or just repeatedly kill them with little threat, they would keep coming but wouldn't get close
>>
>>45613352
They're still more durable than anyone else on that list. Except Jason, but he's scared of water, so I build a moat.
>>
>>45613398
Then he'll just buy a jetski.
>>
Mike Myers is mortal and Jason is a chump in literally every movie. Slasher clichés work against them as much as for them.

T-1000 and Aliens are best bet as the alien acid is the only realistic way to harm the T1000.

Predators loose pretty consistently against aliens.

Grievous is a chump.

Lizard i have no idea about cos fuck spiderman.

Winter Soldier gets talked up alot but he missed a kill shot on a stationary target from like 20 meters.

Only real threat to my duo is Nuada and only because of his golems. They can rebuild themselves pretty quick but has anyone tried acid on them...
>>
>>45613407
With his credit rating? I don't think so, friend.
>>
>>45613424
Then he'll just rent a jetski.
>>
>>45613420
Lizard is strongest one there easy, hes also at least xenomorph fast, probably faster, he can regenerate from almost any wound in seconds and is pretty smart!

Predators lose against groups of aliens, if its just 1 alien, more often than not predators win (coming from an alien fan)

Movie Grievous is a massive chump though yeah
>>
I have seen this pic before. Can you make a new on OP? A different roster would be cool. Maybe even with a different scenario rather than the 2-protectors-the-rest-wants-to-kill-you one.
>>
What are the chances of Jason turning into Jason X during all this? Grievous has a spaceship, but I don't know if nanomachines are a thing in SW.
>>
>>45614316
According to OP's pic Grievous doesn't come with a spaceship but the T-1000 consists of nanobots.
>>
The only problem is if there's slashers after you you can't get laid until they're dead. Which is never. So enjoy perma-wizarddom I guess
>>
>recent snapping turtle infestation

Does lizard have total control like aquaman or can he just make small talk?
>>
>people going "hur T-1000 is indestructible"
Intense heat destroys his nanites. What does a lightsaber or Predator plasmacaster introduce to its targets? A fuckton of heat.
>>
He's still more durable than most of the others.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.