[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14
File: chainaxe.jpg (37 KB, 542x170) Image search: [Google]
chainaxe.jpg
37 KB, 542x170
It Sucks That You Can Only Replace Bolt Pistol Or CCW With A Chainaxe, Otherwise I'd Replace Termie Armor's Combi-Bolter With A Chainaxe For An Additional Attack And Badass Dual-Axes Chaos Lord, It's The Little Disappointments Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>45610244
>Dual-axes Terminator Chaos Lord

That sounds radical and completely sums up all my problems with the Chaos codex.
>>
>>45610244
wait I just realized nothing says I can't replace the bolt pistol with the Axe of Blind Fury and replace my power weapon with the chainaxe, hell fucking yes

addendum: I'm Retarded Edition
>>
>>45610296
>bolt pistol with the Axe of Blind Fury

I assume you mean the combi-bolter?
>>
>>45610296
*replace combi-bolter

also chainaxe is worse than a power weapon but I wouldn't be using either because axe of blind fury is AP2 at intitiative so it will just be for rule of cool
>>
How many of the new Ork formations are brand new?
>>
>no meme image
worst thread
>>
>>45610296
>>45610321
You could just use the power weapon as a power axe, if only to save 8 points.
>>
>>45610327
3, they're useless
Other ones are slightly tweeked
>>
>>45610321
>>45610318
addendum #23423342: fuck now I wish I could do this with a sorcerer but you really can't if you just wanna go force axe/chainaxe, so no way to get an extra attack with a sorcerer unless you take an artifact, actually this was my original line of thinking before I made this thread and it's why I fucked it up so hard
>>
So which is the real thread this one or the other one?
THREAD WAR
>>
>>45610244
Ignore this impostor

True thread
>>45610301
>>
>>45610363
It's easy. We'll reserve this thread for Ork and CSM whining, and use the other one for complaining about Tau and Space Wolves.
>>
>>45610244
This thread is clearly superior
>has a chainaxe image
>wasn't made by some autismolord that gets frustrated when his legos aren't in the right order
>>
>>45610370
see
>>45610393

you autistic faggot
>>
>>45610354
Well, axes are kind of Khorne's thing anyway. A sorcerer will have to settle for dual-wielding swords or something instead.
>>
>>45610265
This is what yiffers belive

Magnus did nothing wrong
>>
>>45610411
Yeah. Plus it didn't immediately get spammed with a bunch of Ork memes.
>>
>>45610443
Same here, fucktard sperglords in the other thread
>>
File: ork wizdum.png (235 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
ork wizdum.png
235 KB, 480x348
>>45610443
Never say never boss . . .
>>
>>45610354
But you can? You'll get an extra attack already with the Force Axe and pistol, since a Force axe isn't two-handed.

The Chainaxe actually gives you a nice benefit if you're up weaker units and don't need the Instant Death or AP 2, and can just use the AP 4 at initiative to cut through armor.
>>
>>45610283
It's sort of a problem with melee units overall, why take 2 CCWs when you can have a ranged option, even if it's a measly pistol? I wouldn't change it, but man does it mess with aesthetics.

Guess you could always do dual axes and have one as a throwing axe on a chain to depict the bolt pistol, that would look pretty cool.
>>
>>45610244
>butthurt CSM players edition.
>>
File: 2nd ed kharn.jpg (675 KB, 863x1200) Image search: [Google]
2nd ed kharn.jpg
675 KB, 863x1200
>>45610522
No one is upset here, friend.

Post your favourite kharns. This is mine for the sheer glam look.
>>
Not sure which thread to post in. Image says this but Post Time says the other. Seems to still be debated.

Anywho, I lost a 1500 game against Tau because I didn't know they get double movement phases. Also he bitched about my Fuck-huge command squad and their 2+ rerollable jink and then in comes a Optimized Stealth Cadre. It was my first time taking Terminators and I shouldn't have bothered. I gave up bottom of turn three with two units left on the table. Should have stuck to full Ravenwing but I was so excited to try Terminators.

I haven't tried regular space marines yet (non-bike / vehicle / terminators) and if they are supposed to be less tough then Terminators I may as well start working on Green Stuff dresses because it was a shameful display.

When were terminators good? What could make them good again?

They hit the table after deepstrike and fell over like a limp dick. The DW Knights came in and the suits just jump across the whole map and my 235pt unit + 130ish pt Librarian do fuck all.
>>
File: no axe 4 u.png (151 KB, 445x168) Image search: [Google]
no axe 4 u.png
151 KB, 445x168
>>45610501
I meant in termi-armor. My actual problem is essentially this:

>want to take terminator sorcerer
>sorcerer comes stock with force weapon, I choose axe
>"hmmm, I could get an extra attack if I replace my combi-bolter with a chainaxe, 8 points isn't so bad for an extra HQ attack especially since I get a badass looking model out of the deal"
>see pic related

It's only a problem for sorcerers, a lord would presumably take an artifact weapon and thus be able to swap his combi-bolter for that and keep his power weapon from the termi upgrade
>>
>>45610564
Sorry. I assumed you meant the default one.

That does kind of suck that they can't just say 'fuck it' and dual wield though.
>>
Hey, anyone ever gotton stuff from ramshackle minis? I need bikes, and GW asks insane prices for them. I play orks, so it'l work. Any recomendations for models that are good for dropping in compared to GW ones, that they make?
>>
>>45610561
>When were terminators good?

There was a time when their armor didn't get ignored by half the weapons in the game and they could assault out of deep-strike.

>double movement phases

Not quite accurate. Tau battlesuits get jet-packs to jump around in the assault phase. It is dice based, so an unlucky roll can screw them up, but it lets them be very annoying with cover.
>>
>>45610622
Shit, I mean ramshackle games.
>>
>>45610561
Terminators were good back when ap2 shooting wasn't plentiful and when rapid fire had severe limitations to the point where storm bolters were actually really great weapons.
>>
File: Magamind-no-you-cant.jpg (63 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Magamind-no-you-cant.jpg
63 KB, 600x900
>>45610549
>Read lore saying that Kharn faced Necron Overlords and defeated them
>check out Kharn's weapon
>find out it's just master crafted chain axe, not a power weapon
>Mfw the only things can survive clashing with warscythes, void blades, staffs of light are power weapons
>mfw non-power weapons are destroyed by Necron melee weapons instantly. Even power weapons in some instances are smashed apart by Necron warscythes
>mfw Kharn's chain axe didn't get broken to pieces as he dueled the Necron royalty

What a crock of bullshit
>>
>>45610632
>It is dice based, so an unlucky roll can screw them up, but it lets them be very annoying with cover.
NIGGER WHAT?
Nah this faggot was moving 12" jumping all crazy and shit, then after he shot balls to the wall fuck everything he jumped around, wherever the fuck he wanted 12" again. There were no dice

ARE THERE SUPPOSED TO BE DICE!?!
>>
>>45610675
Yeah, he moves 6" in the movement phase, then 2d6" in the assault phase.

Sounds to me like you got cheated. That guy is a faggot of the highest caliber. On behalf of Tau players everywhere I feel the need to apologize.

I'd recommend against playing him again. If he felt the need to cheat and use formations in an already strong army, then he's not the sort of person worth bothering with.
>>
>>45610657
You know the fluff about how even a scalpel has a trace in the warp? Just imagine how many THINGS kharn has killed, and then Angron before him, it's a wonder gorechild isn't a fucking daemon weapon at this point.

Either way he has a plasma pistol too he could've just shot them all lel
>>
>>45610657
to be fair his axe is an uber chainaxe of plot magic though, it has dragon teeth n shit and was wielded by a primarch. it's a pretty badass chainaxe, not "just" a mastercrafted chainaxe.

plus khorne regularly brings him back to life for laffs, you think a god gives a fuck about necron scythes? the betrayer's physical presence in the materium is probably half warpshit by now, including his weapons
>>
>>45610657
not just a chainaxe and it also isn't at it's best

>Angron himself tore out the teeth of a mica dragon
>shoved it into an axe
>broke it
>handed it off to Kharn as useless
>>
>>45610716
WOW, he is in the campaign I am playing in now...
Same Tau guy I mentioned >>45606149 in the last General.
>>
>>45610783
Probably worth bringing up with a TO, see about getting him punished for bullshittery,
>>
>>45610783
Yeah, Kill Points is only a rule in specific missions. If it isn't listed under the mission, then you don't get points for just blowing up the enemy.

I would recommend you talk to other players in the campaign about this and tell them about the killpoints thing and the 12" jump-shoot-jump. That alone should raise some eyebrows.
>>
>>45610795
luckily this was an exhibition match and I just wanted to play a game with my new terminators. I know some of the experienced guys at the shop that know Tau guy better than I do. Will let them know first.
>>
>>45610817
That really bites. Hopefully the other guys in the group are more understanding.
>>
>>45610549
>Post your favourite kharns
No.
Here's a pic of Teke the Smiling One instead.
>>
File: 1455136674687.jpg (809 KB, 1920x3031) Image search: [Google]
1455136674687.jpg
809 KB, 1920x3031
>>45611999

> Dad-Horus is Best Horus
>>
File: Furf.jpg (418 KB, 1782x1080) Image search: [Google]
Furf.jpg
418 KB, 1782x1080
>>45610494
>risk fucking-up ur models
>and minor personal injury
>just drill your barrels
>the way i like them

No.

No one gaf if autism compels you to drill your tiny fucking barrels, so fuck off - and take your shitty reaction image with you.
>>
>>45610747
I love that Kharn repaired it by going to a museum and punching the teeth out of some mica dragon skulls.
>>
>>45613041

Those some of the new Wulfen?
>>
>>45610657
TTwise, any melee weapon can kill an Overlord, and anyway Kharn's weapons are blessed by the Gods
>>
File: 1453586646013.jpg (44 KB, 277x330) Image search: [Google]
1453586646013.jpg
44 KB, 277x330
>>45613222
Nevermind the shitty paint job but the leopard has breasts modelled over power armour.
>>
File: 1397585100550.jpg (11 KB, 310x264) Image search: [Google]
1397585100550.jpg
11 KB, 310x264
>>45613041
>Hey anon, wanna play 40k with my homebrew lost legion turned into a chapter? My primarch is female and the chaptermaster is on a mission with a personal vision from the Emperor. He also got Horus to apologize for being a big meany. He's best buddies with Draigo after he saved him from Slaanesh after he accidentally wandered into the warp. Oh and he denies the witch on 2+ because the Emperor has chosen him for great things. ;0)
>>
File: laughing jack frost.gif (278 KB, 239x277) Image search: [Google]
laughing jack frost.gif
278 KB, 239x277
>>45613222
>>
>>45613041
>risk fucking up your models and causing minor personal injury when removing mold lines
>risk fucking up your models and causing minor personal injury when clipping parts off the sprue

Just play with the sprues in unopened boxes if you're gonna use such poor excuses for laziness.
>>
File: file.png (943 KB, 643x709) Image search: [Google]
file.png
943 KB, 643x709
>>45610549
>>
Are the citadel cases actually capable to hold an average 2k army well?
I'll post my list if anyone needs more info
>>
File: images (27).jpg (13 KB, 451x326) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
13 KB, 451x326
>>45610244
>>45610244
>mfw I made the thread that killed this one and people made another dooming this one into oblivion.
>>
File: Army Case.jpg (494 KB, 1772x1076) Image search: [Google]
Army Case.jpg
494 KB, 1772x1076
>>45619351
I have this small box of called "The shield bag" by Battlefoam that holds my Dark Angels way better than anticipated.

Pic related:

Red is my DW Strike force of 12 Termis (+5 more in the bit slots that my Tacticals will some day fill)

Blue is obviously a shit ton of bikes, the banner-bearer and Sammael are in the pink square.

Green holds 5 Landspeeders between the two.

Yellow my Darkshroud (detachable shrine so I think I ca fit a rhino under it when I get one)

Orange is skimmer stands.

All for the low low price of buying an Ork Lot off ebay (900pts of Orks, Citadel Paint area thing, and transport for under $150)
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.