[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Days Quest Episode 95
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12
File: DOG.DAYS.OP.2.jpg (2 MB, 2514x3296) Image search: [Google]
DOG.DAYS.OP.2.jpg
2 MB, 2514x3296
You walk into the relatively well-lit dungeon of the castle. It's had a busy day today. Almost all of the cells on the first floor are filled, and you suspect the cells on the second floor are for things much bigger than human-sized.

Along the barred walls of the prison; angry eyes stare back at you. Most of them here on very curious and strange circumstances. Cat-ninjas from Gallete, Bear-soldiers from Konditorei; but all of them are here for one common reason: they pissed you off.

You are Jack Albator, courageous adventurer, protector of Biscotti, and soon to be expert interrogator.
Your kingdom has come under seige by a shadowy army which has been relentlessly attempting to kidnap your fellow heroes of the land. They almost got Kayda, Louise, AND Yuuki! With any luck, the attacks on the castle end today. No! Better than that: with any luck, the attacks on the castle will end right now.

Yuuki follows close behind you, holding onto your sleeve as she passes the death glares of all the enemy generals, soldiers, and assassins that both you and her have put behind bars. She doesn't want to say it, but you can tell she is intimidated by more than a few of them.
Of course, there's no reason for her to be. She has knocked the block off of more than a couple of them.

>Cont.
>>
File: Konditorei.King.jpg (100 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Konditorei.King.jpg
100 KB, 600x1000
Aligot, the castle archmage, leads you along the darkened path toward a cell at the very end.
Though, it's difficult to call this a cell. It's more like a well-furnished and decorated suite. It looks better than your room, damn it!

Inside, there is the humanoid form of an old and bearded man. You've met him only once before, and it wasn't under the best of circumstances. You know him only as the sitting king of Konditorei.

He meets your eyes with contempt. Aligot maintains a safe distance from the bars.
"Careful, Jack." He warns, "Nobility are known for having their own line of magic."

"Excellent research, lad." The prisoner inside sneers. "Why, in fact I could drown this entire castle in a minute if I wanted to."

"Whar a coincidence." You smile back at him. "So could I, and then make a plank to walk ye off of."

He stands up and approaches the bars.

"First off. I want a lawyer."

You can feel Yuuki's bodyheat. You think she's hiding behind you, and only slightly peeking at him.

"Second off," He continues. "I want to see the Redskin. Uh, that girl. The red girl. It's important."

>"Aye, Yer lawyers have been appointed, to the right we have Duke, and to the left we have Mitt."
>"Aye can't give ye the red girl, but I can give ye a black eye."
>"First, aye have some questions of me own."
>"Such as: What the fuck were ye thinkin?"
>Stay silent, glare.
>Draw your pistol
>"Let's talk about plans, what do ye want with heroes?"
>"Whars yer big son? He didn't seem to be anywhere."
>Now is a good time to ask questions, write one of your own in.
>Other?
>>
Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/jCGAA6J2
Archive:http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=dog%20days%20quest
Twitter:https://twitter.com/Announcer_QM
>>
>>45603308
>>"Such as: What the fuck were ye thinkin?"
>second, you'd better be glad that i'm not kicking your ass... yet
>>
>>45603308
>>"Aye, Yer lawyers have been appointed, to the right we have Duke, and to the left we have Mitt."
>>"Let's talk about plans, what do ye want with heroes?"
>>"Whars yer big son? He didn't seem to be anywhere."
>>
>>45603308
>"Such as: What the fuck were ye thinkin?"
Then when he starts talking.
>Draw your pistol
Don't point it at him yet. Just absentmindedly look at it. Turning it over. Inspecting it. Casually cleaning off dirt (even if there is none). Make him nervous.
>>
Ah here we go, Dog Days!

>>45603308
>Smirk
>"Say, Yuuki, how far is it away from that barrier that keeps us from ripping out his teeth, breaking his bones, then heal him up and do it aaaaalll over again? For some reason, I've gotten remarkably annoyed about, oh, this whole event, and would really like to let loose some steam."

No, fuck this fuckass, he's gonna beg and cry for mercy, none of this arrogance.
>>
>First off, aye have some questions of me own.
>Such as: What the fuck were ye thinkin?
>Let's talk about plans.
>Draw your pistol, admire its beauty.

Writing!
>>
>>45603860
Pistol won't help, he'll just be confident he'll turn into a fluffball with nothing else happening.
We need to make it very clear this is gonna be to the pain, very real and horrible pain.

Thus, make it abundantly clear he's in for constant, horrible beatings and torture until he fucking cuts the shit and starts begging and talking.
>>
>>45603973
That's good, I'll add that too.
>>
>>45604030
Ah, thank you.
>>
So after this we're gonna be talking to the general, then?
Or should we leave that to cody?
>>
>>45603287
>She doesn't want to say it, but you can tell she is intimidated by more than a few of them.
>Of course, there's no reason for her to be. She has knocked the block off of more than a couple of them.
Exactly.
Don't be afraid, Yuuki!
You're a HERO!
You could probably kick the ass of, like, half of these people at once.
>>
So how're you doing today, Announcer?
>>
>>45604346
Pretty good! I moved into my new place so hopefully threads will now start earlier and last longer!

And best of all, that means we can run all day and night because I'm only ten minutes from work now! In fact, I might try it with this thread depending on where we leave off at!
>>
File: Yuuki.jpg (647 KB, 941x1000) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki.jpg
647 KB, 941x1000
"First off." You begin, keeping an eyelock on him. "Aye have some questions of me own. Such as: What the fuck were ye thinkin?"
"Yeah, first off!" Yuuki seems to gain some confidence to speak. "Her name is 'Kayda', not 'Red skin' or 'Red girl', Get the name of your own hero right!"

He sniffs, and then turns around toward the lounge in his cell. He pulls up one of the more comfortable-looking chairs and sits down in it.
"Don't take it so personally, Jack. It was a strategic decision." He takes a wooden pipe off the table, lighting the contents. "I do admit that taking to the field myself on such a risky operation was not the greatest decision of my life. Though, what is life without a few mistakes." He puffs at his pipe.

"Aye, ye can say ye've made more than a few today."

"Indeed." The geezer sits cross-legged and- oh, that's a sight you could have lived without. "'Tis a shame though. All this and didn't even get one hero."

"Aye, about that. Why ye wish for heroes? Aye'm sure less strong targets existed in your master plan."
"Hmph, Jack." He leans back, "That's exactly why I wanted heroes. If you have the element of surprise, why settle for second best? Just take the queens, the bishops, and the rooks off the board and you're left with only knights and pawns."

With that, he shoots a smile to Aligot. He tries to ignore him.

He leans slightly in his seat, like he's peeking behind you.
"It's a shame." He continues, "Of all the heroes; I was wanting the exquisite beauty behind you the most. Gilles' needs a wife, you see, and it's not like he's getting one on his own."

"W-" Yuuki studders during that last line.
"It's just as well, the dimwit probably wouldn't know what to do with you even if he had you."

"His WHAT? You mean your son, right?!"
Behind you, Yuuki's body presses even harder against your back. Her hands grab the back of your shirt and pull it into an almost painful strangle.

Someone needs to calm down and stop falling for the mind games.

>Cont.
>>
File: United.Kingdom.full.1723237.jpg (354 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
United.Kingdom.full.1723237.jpg
354 KB, 600x847
"Ye know." You draw your pistol, admiring the finish on it. "Ye not a very smart man."
"The feeling is mututal." He smirks. "By tomorrow, I'll be released, heading back to Konditorei, and if you harm even a hair on my head; then I'll personally see to it that your king repays me."

"Hey Yuuki." You tap the shoulder of the shivering girl behind you, "How far to the edge of the barrier? Ye know, the one that keeps us from rippin' out his teeth, gouging out his eyes, tearing every whisker from his head, and then pulling him back in for him to heal so we can do it all over?"

He seem unamused.
"Even if you knew how to do that, no one here would let you. It's one thing to beat up on my stupid goons, it's another to hurt a king. I'm sure that princess of yours gives you free reign to do what you want, but she's still a princess and knows how things work in this world."

>Let's test that!
>I'm gonna go ask to take you outside the barrier right now.
>Aye, but if I beat you to a pulp now, yer not harmed, right?
>Attack him now.
>Wait, go talk this over with Aligot some more.
>Other?
>>
>>45604599
Goddammit this sonfabitch pisses me off so much.
>>
>>45604620
>Smile
>"Ah, king? But I don't remember seeing a king here...
Just some random kidnappers.
Surely a king wouldn't try and invade multiple countries, while mocking and talking about kidnapping heroes, hm?
Especially a king who had been part of a plot to kidnap, oh, so many people from other kingdoms... and, oh yes, who we have a nice little replacement for in Kayda's summoner.
Damndest thing, I think you'll find that after I've talked to some people, they'll all agree that they never saw anyone royal here.
Comes from being such a friendly hero who goes out of his way to help other countries, you know?"
>Chuckle
>"Especially if I mention to Yuuki's princess here what you just threatened her with...
She's ever so fond of her hero, you know?"
>>
>>45604546
That sounds fantastic.
>>
>>45604737
Ah shit, greentext messed up.
>>
>>45604620
Actually don't e have a replacement to him?
Kayda's prince?
He is actually not needed as a royalty... and, well, surely there'd be some interest in replacing him?
>>
>>45604791
>>45604791
>Actually don't e have a replacement to him?
Actually don't WE have a replacement to him?

Sorry about that, the w is messed up for my keyboard.
>>
Anyone have some ideas of what to do?
>>
>>45604620
>>Let's test that!
an this>>45604737
>>
>>45604620
Why would he be released anyway?
He's part of a plot to remove citizens of other kingdoms, which was at the very least fucking with one other country.
>>
>>45604737
>>"Ah, king? But I don't remember seeing a king here...
This. This is perfect.

If he tries to play the King card, the kidnapping shitstorm would become the political shitstorm of epic proportions. One that could unite everyone against bears, even Biscotti and Galette.
>>
>>45604791
I don't think it would work out that way. At least, that's something I hadn't thought about.

You're also forgetting that he has a replacement too, Gilles.
>>
>>45605067
Pretty much.
He tried to set up kidnapping of heroes, and those are hilariously important (remember how we pretty much curbstomped the opposition during the 'war' at the start of the quest? And this is a big part of conflict resolution here when things are normal).
He's fucked, he's just trying to bluff that he isn't so we'll let him go instead of forcing him to tell us everything we want.
>>
>Ah, King? I don't remember seeing a king here.

Writing!
Oh ho!

Hey, Roll a 1d100, best of three.
>>
>>45605164
Dear oh dear, I suppose the kingdom has to choose between the idiotic psychopath who even this guy we're talking to sucks ass, or someone who's already got the support of multiple heroes.
Oh how hard this choice will be, with this 'king' no longer around to do anything.
>>
File: 1424557230956.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1424557230956.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>45603287
[x] Fuck the Yukki
[ ] DO not fuck the Yukki
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>45605185
Intimidation check?
If so, do we get some bonus?
Since Jack should be visible angry?
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>45605185
to hell with the bears
>>
>>45605214
Well, uh, nevermind that question.
>>
>>45605214
>>45605224
This is glorious.
>>
>>45605224
I agree, bears are the worst.
Can't even give Kayda the proper equipment.
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>
So 3 rolls and I think we succeeded at whatever that was, right?
>>
File: 1413523458098.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1413523458098.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>45605212
All day erry day.

>95
DAMN

I set his DC at like 30

Writing!
>>
>>45605364
did he piss his pants
>>
>>45605388
It's over 3 times the DC, he better be begging and offering to tell us everything he knows.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x534
>>45605364
If I was being stared down by Jack, I'd be scared too.
>>
>>45605388
One can hope.
>>
>>45605450
I think everyone's learned one very important thing here: do not fuck with Jack's crew.
>>
>>45605450
That's a very nice picture, what's it from?
>>
If we're lucky, the king's reaction will allo us to splinter the support he might have from the other prisoners and use that to get even more info.
>>
"Heh, King?"

You keep your wild smile on him.
"I dun remember seein' any King here."

"Save your breath, you can cover me with supposition, but it won't-"

"Ye know what I see? Random kidnappers." You point to the cells behind you. "Lots of kidnappers back there, too. Most of 'em can probably tell me exactly what I need to know as well."

"You're embarrassing yourself, Mr. Albator."

With that, you step over to the bars. Your feet move at speeds faster than his eyes can process.
His pipe drops to the floor, burnt embers pour out.
"Kings dun usually take part in plots to kidnap so, so many people from other kingdoms. And- Oh yes. We have a replacement for ye if ye happen to break. Kayda's summoner. No one would even realize ye were missing."

"I-" He grimaces. "A princess can't rule Konditorei. It's in the rule of law. My brother was a fool and Greta is but a tiny girl, unable to command or rule even by hierarchy. If you think you know the politics of my kingdom better than I do, you are highly mistaken."

For some reason, Yuuki squeaks out a barely-audible "Oh."
Her hands slowly release the back of your shirt.

"If I go-" He just doesn't know when to shut up. "Gilles takes my place, and- and- you're left with a worse problem than before."

"Damndest thing." You continue, "Aye would think no one here would have thought to have seen a royal in our midst. It'd be like ye never even came here. I guess it helps bein' a hero that goes out of his way to help."
He whispers a tiny "Uhh" comes out.

"Especially if I mention what ye just threatened Yuuki with. Aye'm sure her Princess would cover up for anything I did to ye. Annetta is fond of her hero, y'see."

He continues to stare, unmoving.
"'Ey Aligot, see any royalty?"
"Nope." He answers, hastily and without making eye contact.

"Good, aye should warn ye though." You take out a small backup knife, and run it across your finger. "Aye've slit the throats of prouder men than you."

>Cont.
>>
File: United.States.full.1712290.jpg (181 KB, 600x684) Image search: [Google]
United.States.full.1712290.jpg
181 KB, 600x684
"IEEEEEEAAAAHGGHGHHHHHH!!"

The entire prison jumps at once. The girly shriek fills the air.
The furniture in the cell is thrown, almost all at once, toward the bars.

"BACK!" It yells, "BACK DEMON!"

With a quick motion, you pull the bars in front of you back and step into the cell. Poor man has torn off his own shoes and thrown them at you.
"Next five minutes of ye life." You say, with a deadpan voice. "Will determine how slow the five minutes AFTER that are."

--

>Pick 3 things you asked the hysterical man about

>The heroes plot
>The Konditorei conspiracy theory
>The girl below Gallete
>What attacking Gallete accomplished
>The Ninjas from Gallete and how Gallete is involved.
>The ancient hero and his cooperation.
>What do ye want on yer tombstone?
>Other?

>Either ways, Roll 3d100, best of three rolls.
>>
Rolled 33, 94, 59 = 186 (3d100)

>>45606303
>>The heroes plot
>>The Konditorei conspiracy theory
>>The Ninjas from Gallete and how Gallete is involved.
>>
>>45606279
Hah, bastard doesn't even know the princess is a prince.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>45606388
I wouldn't mind these rolls counting, that 94 is sweet.
But in case they don't...
>>
>>45606303
>>45606411
Or, wait, I'm confused, do you ant 3 sets of 3d100?
>>
>>45606438
i thought he wanted 3 sets of 3d100
>>
>>45606303
So damn satisfying, making that asshole scream in terror.
>>
>>45606467
Yeah, it's why I'd like some clarification.
>>
Rolled 64, 47, 46 = 157 (3d100)

>>45606303
>The Konditorei conspiracy theory
>The Ninjas from Gallete and how Gallete is involved.
>The ancient hero and his cooperation.
>>
Rolled 56, 62 = 118 (2d100)

>>45606411
well if we're rolling 3d100 3 times...
Here's the other two?
>>
3 sets of 3d100 Please.
>>
>>45606612
Alright, they've been rolled.
>>
so looking at the rolls we got 64 94 an 62

not bad
>>
>>45606303
>>The Konditorei conspiracy theory
>>The Ninjas from Gallete and how Gallete is involved.
>>The ancient hero and his cooperation.
>>
>64, 94, 62

Not bad.

>Konditorei conspiracy theory,
>Ninjas from Gallete and how Gallete is involved
>The Ancient hero and his cooperation

Writing what could be the last post of the night. I am not certain if we'll go overnight because I have work tomorrow, but we'll see!
Let's see how tired I am after I get done typing this.
>>
>>45606775
>>45606921
Yeah I'm content with the rolls.
>>
Did Announcer fall asleep on us?
>>
>>45607690
nah he is writing
>>
File: United.Kingdom.full.1716805.jpg (115 KB, 900x723) Image search: [Google]
United.Kingdom.full.1716805.jpg
115 KB, 900x723
There were.
Words exchanged.

Mostly pleading, screaming, and clawing from his end; but between that, there were some interesting things that he happened to let slip from his mouth between the beatings and the coughing.

Such as the most wonderful information involving his conspiracy with Konditorei. That nasty piece of work you were involved in about a couple months ago when you had to deliver Kayda, who was then a sick and dying hero, back to her princess for a recharge.

It seems that Mr. King back there wasn't always the king of Konditorei. You guessed that much, but didn't know the exact circumstances behind it.
For one, it seems he managed to pushed his brother out of the way through a rather elaborate plan which he set in motion decades ago. It involved sending him on an expedition outside of the barrier, and then luring a demon on the edge of the barrier so he couldn't get back through.

Yes, apparently demons can be found in certain places in the world and simply lured around if you have the proper bait. Many of them are sealed/resting in certain areas, and can be unsealed. The last two you fought were the result of a lot of luck and a little planning.

Next, you kindly asked him about the assassins from Gallete. Especially how he was able to get Gallete to work with him despite the kidnapping and the attacks on Gallete.

For one, that was apparently 'Gallete's special forces'. They number about two-dozen, of which you have captured all except for five. Their purpose is to act as the cloak and dagger to the normally sane and sterile political face of the nobility of Gallete. They act independent of their handlers, but are kept on a leash for any politician who gives 'due diligence' to their usage. Acquiring their help was simple, and was taken on from a favor one Gallete baron had partaken in. That same baron is staying at the castle, and Aligot said he would take care of his apprehension. You're sure Charlotte has a few words for him as well.

>Cont.
>>
>>45607719
Gonna suck to be that baron.
>>
File: Annetta.65428.jpg (517 KB, 883x1022) Image search: [Google]
Annetta.65428.jpg
517 KB, 883x1022
Following that, there were some more words exchanged over the ancient hero. The one from the north. Apparently, not even this guy knew much about him. They found him during an expedition as he was seemingly merged with the limestone in a cavern. After they cracked him out, he expressed utmost anger and profuse sadness over learning how far his former nation had fallen. The old hero readily agreed to a deal with Konditorei in exchange for finding a way to rebuild the barrier over his empire.
So that's that, huh? Konditorei was behind it all, and you just made the king confess. Simple, and, done.

Except, no. The old man did mention something troubling: the kidnappings, the attack on Gallete, even kidnapping the heroes? All that man's idea.
Back to square one.

There was one other interesting question Yuuki decided to add in.
Why did he sent Kayda to die?

The answer was simple, but infuriating.
"She just.. wasn't as useful as we thought she would be."

That's when Yuuki started destroying him and you took a break.

On the way out of the dungeon, you were met with a curious surprise.

"Anna?!"
"YUUKI!" The rabbit-eared girl dives onto her hero. "Oh my godIwassoworriedIheardyouwere-"

"Anna, anna-" Yuuki rubs her soft, white ears. "It's okay. I'm fine, see?"

She stomps her foot.
"Where is the person who did this?! I heard Kayda captured him!"
"In the dungeon, he won't be talkin' fer a while."

"Good, Let's go get him, and scoop his eyes out." She says, without a hint of sarcasm. "I have a spell for dispelling the border right here."

Somehow, she seems serious.
"Ye can do that?!"
"Anna, wait! Hold on! We don't need to-"
"Yes we do! He attacked MY hero which means HE has to die!"

Wow, you didn't even to tell her about the 'marriage' part.

"Attagirl!" You high-five her.

"Isn't anyone worried about killing him? It seems like a bad idea!" Yuuki pleads.

No one responds. Through you can tell Anna is pouting at her.

>Thread End?
>>
File: 1410553588286.gif (385 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1410553588286.gif
385 KB, 848x480
Okay, thanks for the thread everyone.

I did not expect to only get maybe four updates in. I think it's in part to how long each post was because of the exposition.

That said, it was also my fault because I had changed the screen-space on my writing program. So to fill a single page, I was writing like 3600 characters without realizing it!

I'll fix that for next thread.

Now, that said, I'm still torn on if I should continue in the morning or just cut here for the week.

So how about this: Depending on how much work I have tomorrow, I will try to continue the thread if it lasts that long. I'll have to wait until I get into the office and see how many fires popped up.

Overall, I'm not thrilled about running a thread during work-time because that is the time for work and not play. I am willing to give it a try if there is demand for it. So let me know what you think.

And let me know what you think of today's revelations! It was good to get some plot details out of the way.
Needless to say, Jack is going to need some fluffy-tail therapy after this is all over.
Maybe Yuuki too, and Kayda definitely.
>>
>>45607859
thanks for running

it was good also how long till the bear Princess is reveled as a prince to every one else beside yuuki
>>
>>45607859
well, we got plenty of info, so I liked it.
Also hope Jack can just hole up with some fluffies and pet them all - Tuile should be into that, shouldn't she?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having an overnight thread, if you're up for it?
Might as well try.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.