[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: 2if19wG[1].png (63 KB, 583x315) Image search: [Google]
2if19wG[1].png
63 KB, 583x315
How charming is your character? Is (s)he succesful with the ladies/gents?
>>
File: 20 Charisma PC.jpg (101 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
20 Charisma PC.jpg
101 KB, 700x520
For some reason, most of the characters I play tend to be pretty neutral when it comes to charisma/charm. I don't dump it and play anti-social outcasts, but I also don't really invest alot of points into it or play social butterflies.
>>
>>45593611
My newest pathfinder PC has started a harem. Two kobolds specifically, soon to have a many, many more.
>>
>>45593611
As an awkward, formal-speaking little-thinking door.
>>
File: wookiee_negas.jpg (540 KB, 1080x2300) Image search: [Google]
wookiee_negas.jpg
540 KB, 1080x2300
>>45593611
Most of his people are in slave camps, and there are less women than you'd believe who are interested in tangling with a gigantic walking carpet.

Plus, that wouldn't be the wisest move at the moment, given that there's a bounty on his head, and there are tons of Trandoshan about.

Also his social skills are nothing to brag about.
>>
>>45594184
On the other hand, an idea of a wookie with so maxed out diplomancy skills that a single RAWR is enough for the chicks to drop panties left and right is hilarious.
>>
Successful with all of them.
Except for the only one who matters.
>>
I have min-maxed a complete social autist just to have good dex. Honestly didn't intend to do that, I'm just a newer player and wanted to take a bit of a back seat. I figured if a ranger preferred to live alone in the woods he wouldn't be very good at talking to people. Playing him is honestly a lot of fun, he has decent ideas but can never talk to anyone successfully due to misinterpreting other people or saying something with the wrong tone.
>>
>>45593611
I'm not entirely sure, high charisma so that'd make any advances at easier but the character has little to no interest in anyone in a romantic or sexual way. Ain't got no time for that shit.
>>
Overly forward and a little crude, works well enough when she's chasing down bar maids, but that shit doesn't always fly in high society, so she clearly aims above her station.

Sometimes that shit works out though, I mean nobility and repression go hand in hand. That there is just a powder keg of sexual urges waiting to be fisted if you ask me.
>>
My previous characters have usually been awkward in one way or another, but my most recent one is really cheerful and outward (and smart about it), to the point of making friends with a celebrity within a day.
>>
>>45593611
I punched some guy's head off to win the heart of my lady love and my character is now married, so I guess I'm doing alright, but we don't exactly involve romance in the roleplay much, it'd be weird.

On the flip side, I had one player attempt to seduce my npcs all over and spectacularly failed constantly, eventually he got a nat 1 trying to seduce a lady bard and she seduced him instead.
>>
Not very considering he grew up in the woods with no real social contact.

Also his mother would act to prevent him from socializing with the ladies.
>>
Pretty sociable, and capable of charm but people do find her ever cheerful and hammy nature annoying. Acting grandiose is just how she protects her feelings though.
>>
>>45593611
18 cha. Plus putting most points into diplomacy, bluff, etc. Would easily win over most ladies, but he sort of has no sense of moral or romantic self due to insanity
>>
he's well meaning, accommodating and very energetic, but generally off-putting due to this eccentric habits which involve but are certainly not limited to:
>nocturnal "tinkering"
>odd smells emanating from his well-travelled satchel married to his own musky odour
>a very direct line of questioning regarding newly encountered strangers measurements and sizes
>a horrible sniffle which he constantly tries to abet through the consumption of various homemade concoctions

when presented a captive audience he will launch into a colourful pontification detailing his latest projects accompanied by frenzied, on-the-spot diagramming. The truly (un)fortunate may even bear witness to the fruits of his labour.

It is this burning passion for his subject matter which is most the cause for his pariah status.

Despite the best intentions, he's generally pigeonholed as "touched" and mostly people let him exist unscathed. Those disposed to more holy pursuits may take issue with his assignments but he has become quite adept at filibustering black and white issues by tangling the devout in webs of grey.

On the whole he's largely a "look busy when he's approaching" or "usher the children inside as he passes" type of guy.
>>
>>45593611

He is a deadscared stuttering little weakass excuse of a half-orc. No way is he charming.
>>
>>45593611
>Character 1- D&D 5e
15 Cha, is kind to just about any civilian, but is a warforged paladin and is therefore thoroughly uninterested in any form of romantic relationship, let alone a sexual one.

>Character 2- Star Wars D20
Decent CHA, but she doesn't flirt around too much. Is more snarky than anything else.
>>
>>45598113
But that sounds adorable.
>>
>>45593611
>SW Saga Jedi Consular (M)
Charming, yes.
Romantically successful, no, by choice.
Due to the fact that this is taking place after III, that may change, but it's not likely, given how old he is.
>5E Knowledge Cleric (M)
Charming, yes.
Romantically successful, no, because he's a bookworm at heart.
Hasn't found a Ms. Right, and figures he's just gonna end up being married to his studies.
>5E Bard (F)
Charming, yes.
Romantically successful, yes, but not currently.
Used to be an actress, had many suitors for various reasons, only a few of which she actually got to know well.
>>
I am currently playing an electrical/mechanical engineer in a Marvel-universe game. When a STEM nerd gets superpowers, they're still a STEM nerd.

Hiding in the Strike Team Epsilon labs designing increasingly obnoxious tech that stresses the DM out beats socializing.
>>
>>45593611
Being a paladin and thus being a brawny, charismatic hero for all that is Good, but not having taken a vow of chastity or anything, I don't think it's a stretch to say he is successful with the ladies. Hasn't come up, yet.
>>
>>45596109
That is one hell of a mixed metaphor.
>>
>>45593611
Not even slightly. Despite being more or less outwardly normal, people, women especially, find him detestable for reasons they can't quite place, and barely tolerate him for the time of day.
>>
>>45601623
>not fisting powder kegs
What are you, an elf?
>>
>>45593611
Until very recently, he was. Then ELVES happened and now he's stuck in a political marriage with the bitchiest bitch this side of Mount Bitch. Upside is they're going to war, so there's a chance of getting killed.
>>
>>45601662
Are you playing Promethean or something?
>>
>Vanara Stalker/Mage Hunter
>Consider what a female Super Saiyan 4 would look like
Despite that, she's not charming at all. She's arrogant (she insists she's just that amazing), prone to violence (she considers herself to be "playful"), completely ignorant of most social customs (which she considers to be beneath her)... and that's when she's sober.

If the party weren't all just as hard to deal with it would be a serious question whether her "help" was worth it.
>>
>>45593611
I have this warlock with huge charisma rolls, but for some reason I always find myself befriending the tavern bards or the bartender, since I was a bartender myself before the beginning of the adventure. So I usually just stay up partying and drinking or helping the townsfolk.

No regrets
>>
File: BigStud.jpg (82 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
BigStud.jpg
82 KB, 960x540
>Rolls half-orc bard
>dump charisma to the negatives
>Party meeting at the tavern
>ask if there are any girls
>DM gives me a look but says yes
>ask to pick up a chick
>he smirks and says to roll dickplomacy
>mfw natural 20
>>
File: despair.jpg (13 KB, 502x377) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
13 KB, 502x377
>>45594671
bro
>>
>>45607856
>Roll to pick up chick
>Proceed to pick up by waist and toss into the moon
>>
>>45593611
Depends. I like playing large brutes.

Albrecht Bear in a warhammer campaign comes to mind. Wooed the shit out of the ladies. Princess', baron and dukes daughters. You name it.

Was an apostate shadow mage impersonating a witch hunter impersonating a simple squire to get to the bottom of questions of heresies in the middle and northern kingdoms.

The number of oaths he coerced women into breaking was high. In association with the GM he ended up being the bbeg of that arc.
>>
>>45593611
oh, OH!

I played a big brute of a knight. Puts the mountain to shame. He was 8'1" and ~500lb of muscle and tough fat. (How can fat be tough, who knows)

Warhammer setting, using the GOT ruleset, so d6 system. In a game where your average knight had 12-15 wounds, this guy had 25. That was his shtick. They called him the half-ogre when he wasnt around.

He wielded a maul one handed like it was a childs thing and he fell madly in love with the spoiled daughter of a certain Count. She swung her arms around him in welcome in a most unlady like fashion, and professed her love of his fights in the recent tourney.

Much taken aback, and noticing the daggers being shot by her brother he disentangles himself and says he's happy she liked his fights, they make small talk and dinner begins. All throughout she is batting her eyes and leaning forward to grab a portion of food, exposing her generous bosom, when their eyes meet.

Her brother is sitting next to Konrad, my giant, and tells him that he'll cut off Konrads balls if he touches her.

Konrad nods his head, quietly tells his squire to distract sir pompous ass and follows his lady love out of the great hall

She ambushes him out of a servants quarters and having wrapped her legs around him drags him inside.

Fade to black, cut to the boat chase, and Konrad having missed the literal and proverbial boat, leaps off a bridge onto the thieves guilds shallow bottomed river boat, tears the rudder off and brandishes it at the pirate captain.

The next day due to a guilty conscience and perhaps to provoke marriage, his lady love has told her father that Konrad ravished her, stealing her innocence.

Konrad is not... A good problem solver unless it involves fists.

He goes to the daughter of a count he has fought beside (a dame of the Black Bears) and asks her opinion. She immediately says the only solution is a marshal one and challenges my lady love to trial by combat, allowing the gods to decide in favour of the victor
>>
>>45611424
The Dame of the bears wins, although not easily. Its a terribly hard won fight and I am declared innocent of the crime of rape and despoilment.

My ladies Lord Father says the gods have proven my just, and I press my claim to her hand. At this, the father loses his shit. He believes now that I am not the thoughtless brute and tosses his daughter out on her ass. I take her into the house of my Patron and within the year she is empress.

Funny how life works.
>>
Probably pretty good, haven't had a chance to try. But I almost always end up playing the face because the rest of my party are powergaming munchkins who need to do tons of damage to get their rocks off.
>>
>>45593611
>DnD 5e Barbarian
I rolled pretty good CHA, so he is quite successful. He is tall, muscular, blond, blue-eyed northern warrior, so girls like him.
His latest gf is a bard who was on the same ship as the party when it was wrecked by a storm sent by an evil mage.
Before that, he slept with a young duchess, after saving her from an evil high priest, who was sacrificing her to unleash his daemonic master.
He gets all human girls, while our CHA 18 Rogue gets all monster girls, including a lamia, a succubus, a half-giant ice witch and, in the last session, a young adult black dragoness. Who bit his arm off when the party fought her to a stalemate.
>>
>>45593611
I've given my character a couple of really nice ice-breakers that left the ladies (and the players) stunned, plus there's been a few situations where he kissed another PC as a distraction.

Think James Bond in space.
>>
File: 1425756613937.png (164 KB, 200x352) Image search: [Google]
1425756613937.png
164 KB, 200x352
>Playing female characters
>>
Alright til they get to know him better.
>Has kid from previous relationship
>Drug problems
>Friends are pretty scummy
>Seriously bad gambling habit

That said an NPC is currently reforming him because she's got a crush on him. He however is oblivious and thinks she's just a good friend.
>>
>>45607856
Rolling 20 does not mean automatic success.
>>
>>45612067
some groups houserule that mate. Just because its not in the rules doesnt mean its not one route to it.

Personally I would have had her scam the bard out of his gold, but I thats just me.
>>
>>45612067

Oh look, it is the fun police.
>>
>>45612164
Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: you waste of fucking oxygen.gif (2 MB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
you waste of fucking oxygen.gif
2 MB, 245x281
>>45612197
>wrongbadfun
>>
>>45612197

>S-STOP HAVING F-FUN! PLAY THE GAME EXACTLY HOW IT SAYS IT THE B-BOOK!
>>
>>45593611
He scratches his butt and the ladies like it.
Not really, just wanted to say that.
>>
>>45612290
S-Shrek?
>>
>>45612358
Matt?
>>
Try and stop her from charming the pants off the blacksmiths son with puns about getting hammered.

Try and stop her from asking the lady doctor to give her an intense medical examination.

Try and stop her from telling the cannibal cultist it's ok for them to eat her. *eyebrow waggle*

No seriously, stop her. She flirts with everything, even if it's likely to end in her being torn literally apart one way or another, this is a problem!
>>
>>45612447
Just find a character who will make puns back without them being innuendos. Or will make puns at just about every opportunity. It will disgust them.
>>
>>45612687
That's not really a solution... normal puns might not be as fun as innuendic puns, but they're fun nonetheless. At least it's fairly easy to get her to stop on a case by case basis. If the NPC/Other Player shows that they're not looking for "funtimes" as she sometimes likes to call them, then she reverts to normal conversation and keeps flirtation to jokes. Normal conversation still being peppy, loaded with puns, and more often than not, riddled with jokes.

After all, she's zealously devoted to the Goddess of Luck and Games, and if you aren't having fun, what's the point of playing The Great Game of Life?
>>
>>45612760
Play the Great Game of Rape with her.
>>
File: 1452863579460.png (140 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1452863579460.png
140 KB, 368x368
>>45594671
>>
Funnily enough, of my characters, the ones who have been most successful at being charming were the ones with the worst charisma stats.

One of my characters is a prophet with subpar social skills because of his years of isolation in the mountains. He has had more than a few chicks hitting on him, including a single mother of two who he protected from demons, and a dragoness who says he reminds her of a long dead sage.

Another of mine was a old, stoic priest with a vow of chastity who got a vampire to fall for him with his resolve to find a way to cure or subdue her vampiric nature and willingness to let her drink his blood occasionally so she won't go completely mad.
>>
>>45612785
Wouldn't work. She would be A-OK with it and enthusiastic if not outright cooperative. Misery slides off her like water on a ducks feathers anyways.

That said you are a horrible person.
>>
>>45612760
Find other ways to have fun that aren't so overtly sexual. Card games, board games, riddles, stuff like that.
>>
>>45612978
She does. Gambling is basically her thing(Also engineering, but that's more of a hobby, she literally gambles religiously.) It's just that she's not particularly choosy when she's in the mood.
>>
>>45613023
Then you need to get someone on her case about it. A serious-minded cleric, or joyless wizard.

Or get her hitched. She can't just go and flirt with anyone and everyone if she's got someone she's supposed to be loyal to.
>>
My current character is posing as a prison warden in a city that captured her guild members.

She is also a wizard with little in bluff or intimidate, but she managed to scare off two soldiers from their post

Does that count?
>>
>>45613037
This is why she has a dramatic foil. Which I will admit to not having mentioned before. Where she's high energy and makes everything into a game to try and win... her foil is laid back and accepts things as they come. Her foil also stops her from metaphorically shooting herself in the foot, and trained as a doctor so when she does get injured with her crazy schemes, the foil can patch her up... and in return, she keeps the foil from spending all her time cooped up in a library and pushes them to actually do things with their life.

She's also has a true love she pines for, but since Becky is a custom rifle, there's little she can do but give it presents in the form of more mods and unique ammunition to fire.

I swear, there's more to this character than her propensity for flirtation, it's just the part of her personality most relevant to this thread.
>>
>>45593611
It's a personal joke of mine that one of the characters I used to play was such a man-whore that at one point in his life he could name more women he had had sex with than women he hadn't.
>>
>>45613096
If you're happy with how things are then I think we can just stop here.
>>
>>45613097
Did he go to the walrus pit?
>>
>>45613117
Nah, having money and military rank tends to land you decent lays, or at least professional whores.
He only got one pregnant, and he married her.
That was a special circumstance though, because they kinda seduced each other.
It's complicated.
>>
>>45593611
Now I come to think of it, my int 20 CHA 4 tiefling was a smarmy fuck who through dint of minmaxing traits had bluff and diplomacy at about 15 each at level 1.
I played it off as her THINKING she was likeable but in fact was just making all the alternatives to what she was suggesting doing sound absolutely horrible.
>>
>>45612067
Still, even with 8 CHA and no ranks in Diplomacy that's DC 19 right there.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.